Jump to content
Icon of Symmetry

Foundation Pledges

Recommended Posts

Icon of Symmetry

What should we do with the £1.4m p/a once we pay Ann off next year? Obviously champagne and dancing girls etc, but what do you think the club should use it for going forward. Now that it's really close to being a reality, a decision will need to be made soon.

 

More towards the stand fit-out?

Pay off the £1.7m loan that was taken out?

Land purchases?

Training facility project?

 

What's everyone's thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Give it to the HSL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Just now, been here before said:

Give it to the HSL...

 

I think HSL will be transformed in to a copy-cat version of our post-Bidco FoH. I think Gordon will turn it in to a system where Hibs supporters pay him back for any money he puts in to develop their infrastructure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami

It's a really good question. I think it should be spread across a number of areas but the stadium should definitely be one. The upkeep of all the stands is a priority and I have to confess I have no idea what the expected life of the other 3 stands is, they're 25 years old already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's a really good question. I think it should be spread across a number of areas but the stadium should definitely be one. The upkeep of all the stands is a priority and I have to confess I have no idea what the expected life of the other 3 stands is, they're 25 years old already. 

 

For me, I'd want to let at least part of it accumulate for a few years, and then buy the pitch behind the Wheatfield, and eventually some more land of the distillery if it becomes available. I would like us to future proof our presence in Gorgie, and to me that land is essential to doing that. I reckon if the distillery ever did move, then we should look to rebuilding the Wheatfield in a similar almost debt-free way, to the way we did the main stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
Posted (edited)

A massive Hollywood-style FTH visible from the east of town should be erected as a matter of urgency.

 

Maybe on the side of the Pentlands. Could use the T-shaped wood that's already there...

Edited by Craig_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

For me, I'd want to let at least part of it accumulate for a few years, and then buy the pitch behind the Wheatfield, and eventually some more land of the distillery if it becomes available. I would like us to future proof our presence in Gorgie, and to me that land is essential to doing that. I reckon if the distillery ever did move, then we should look to rebuilding the Wheatfield in a similar almost debt-free way, to the way we did the main stand.

I think the investment in the main stand has future proofed us staying in Gorgie, which is fantastic. That's a really good shout on the ground behind the Wheatfield, I would be in favour of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

What about the old school? Know nothing about it, other than a 2+2=5 conversation we could be willing to expand out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray has bus pass hooray

We have to ensure that pledges are maintained that to me is the most important point. I and others i know who pledge do so for as along as we are still breathing. I'm sure the vast majority of FoH pledgers are in the same boat. No doubt any decision re what to do with the £1.4m per annum will be decided after Ann has been paid back and we the fans take over the asylum. Do we use some of the money towards the playing budget or do we just rely on season ticket sales etc etc to go to this budget. Our New Stand will obviously be bringing in serious amounts of income (hopefully as already shown this year). The Youth Acadamy to try and attract the best youngsters out there and the Distillery land as suggested already. Onwards and upwards though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila

I would be in favour of funds going into a 'Hearts in Gorgie' project.

 

Continue touching up Tynecastle and gradually acquire surrounding land. A small percent should go to Big Hearts too, to help with their Gorgie community projects.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think the investment in the main stand has future proofed us staying in Gorgie, which is fantastic. That's a really good shout on the ground behind the Wheatfield, I would be in favour of that. 

 

What I've been thinking, since the new main stand was built, was that if we could buy the land behind the Wheatfield right up to the wee car park and the red ash, and the strip of warehouse buildings that run along the side of the community pitch, then we could rebuild the Wheatfield so that it increased our capacity and a smaller seated stand could face in the other direction as part of the same structure. The warehouse buildings could be replaced with another smaller stand running the length of the community pitch. Use it for academy games and the women's team. Obviously this would cost a lot of money, and NBD would need to be planning on moving, but if it was done over a long period of time, when we will need to rebuild the other three stands at some point anyway.

 

https://goo.gl/maps/TQfkxq5J4q249oXv6

 

 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
37 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What should we do with the £1.4m p/a once we pay Ann off next year? Obviously champagne and dancing girls etc, but what do you think the club should use it for going forward. Now that it's really close to being a reality, a decision will need to be made soon.

 

More towards the stand fit-out?

Pay off the £1.7m loan that was taken out?

Land purchases?

Training facility project?

 

What's everyone's thoughts?

 £1.3M on champagne and dancing girls and squander the rest !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bn jambo

When in 2020 are we due to take ownership?  for some reason I've got May in my head but that might be balls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Castle Rock

Fill in the corners 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules

Give it to the new manager to buy players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jbee647
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What about the old school? Know nothing about it, other than a 2+2=5 conversation we could be willing to expand out

The Distillery (NBD) own the land where the old school stood.

I was told it was purchased before a house. builder got there claws into it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

What I've been thinking, since the new main stand was built, was that if we could buy the land behind the Wheatfield right up to the wee car park and the red ash, and the strip of warehouse buildings that run along the side of the community pitch, then we could rebuild the Wheatfield so that it increased our capacity and a smaller seated stand could face in the other direction as part of the same structure. The warehouse buildings could be replaced with another smaller stand running the length of the community pitch. Use it for academy games and the women's team. Obviously this would cost a lot of money, and NBD would need to be planning on moving, but if it was done over a long period of time, when we will need to rebuild the other three stands at some point anyway.

 

https://goo.gl/maps/TQfkxq5J4q249oXv6

 

 

Another good idea but in order for all of  that to become viable the club needs to grow. That's not impossible though, success on the pitch helps but when we do take over we will genuinely be the people's club which will give us a unique identity. The FoH becomes a vehicle for people to finance the club and shape its direction. For that reason I think we will maintain our current membership levels. 

The x factor in all of this is the spiralling increase in transfers down south. It's not inconceivable that we develop young players and they are sold for an 8 figure sum. As we are fan owned any monies would be invested completely back into the club which could help significantly with future developments. 

Edited by Jodami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

And people still think there is an 'end date' for Budge relinquishing control

 

:gok:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
Just now, Jodami said:

Another good idea but in order for all of  that to become viable the club needs to grow. That's not impossible though, success on the pitch helps but when we do take over we will genuinely be the people's club which will give us a unique identity. The FoH becomes a vehicle for people to finance the club and shape its direction. For that reason I think we will maintain our current membership levels. 

The x factor in all of this is the spiralling increase in transfers down south. It's not inconceivable that we develop a young players and they are sold for an 8 figure sum. As we are fan owned any monies would be invested completely back into the club which could help significantly with future developments. 

 

Totally. I'm really excited for the future. If we make the right decisions just now, then we are giving our club a real chance of climbing to a higher level in the years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

And people still think there is an 'end date' for Budge relinquishing control

 

:gok:

 

 

 

Do you pledge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FWJ
22 minutes ago, kila said:

I would be in favour of funds going into a 'Hearts in Gorgie' project.

 

Continue touching up Tynecastle and gradually acquire surrounding land. A small percent should go to Big Hearts too, to help with their Gorgie community projects.

 

 

This 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

We need to use those revenues to invest in the club and grow SUSTAINABLE revenue year on year.. for example, save it for a few years and invest a hotel, which will generate £xm per year.  

 

I believe the hotel which Kilmarnock have (had?) generates several million pound a year in revenue, more than half of their overall turnover. 

 

Only the revenues sustainably generated should be used to invest in the first team, (I say first team as top youngsters maybin some cases be a sound investment)  this way the club can continue to grow on and off the pitch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

And people still think there is an 'end date' for Budge relinquishing control

 

:gok:

 

 

 

Where has anybody said that?

 

Budge will take the Chair when the club hands over, that's what everybody who has a vote wants. 

 

Or are you just being a silly Billy again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Do you pledge?

 

Every month from start (first month)up to around 4 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What should we do with the £1.4m p/a once we pay Ann off next year? Obviously champagne and dancing girls etc, but what do you think the club should use it for going forward. Now that it's really close to being a reality, a decision will need to be made soon.

 

More towards the stand fit-out?

Pay off the £1.7m loan that was taken out?

Land purchases?

Training facility project?

 

What's everyone's thoughts?

 

Getting rid of the loan should be the first priority IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

The Distillery (NBD) own the land where the old school stood.

I was told it was purchased before a house. builder got there claws into it.

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

Every month from start (first month)up to around 4 months ago.

 

In that case, can you maybe not drag this thread off down the nonsense attention-seeking route, and contribute some actual suggestions or ideas. It’s getting a bit boring now mate. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Any building around the stadium will be difficult, if not impossible, while the distillery remains there with their tanks on our lawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser

I'm not sure how the Financial Fair Play rules work, but I've a feeling that we can't spend the FoH money directly on players. However, if we were to use the FoH to cover all the infrastructural, off-pitch stuff, then our 'legitimate' football income (sponsorship, gate & hospitality receipts, transfer fees, TV money and prize money) could be 100% devoted to paying for Messi (or someone taller).

 

The FoH gives us a decent advantage over other clubs in our market (Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen), and will do so year after year now that the main stand is generating cash rather than using it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Maintaining the pledges will be more challenging if there are no specific non football objectives imo. If they just go into the general pot people lose the warm feeling of funding something specific and start to feel used if on field performances aren't as hoped for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
14 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm not sure how the Financial Fair Play rules work, but I've a feeling that we can't spend the FoH money directly on players. However, if we were to use the FoH to cover all the infrastructural, off-pitch stuff, then our 'legitimate' football income (sponsorship, gate & hospitality receipts, transfer fees, TV money and prize money) could be 100% devoted to paying for Messi (or someone taller).

 

The FoH gives us a decent advantage over other clubs in our market (Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen), and will do so year after year now that the main stand is generating cash rather than using it up.

 

Even if FFP doesn’t dictate this, I’d sooner use it on growing the club in a sustainable way that will lead to increased revenue, that can then be spent on the team. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What should we do with the £1.4m p/a once we pay Ann off next year? Obviously champagne and dancing girls etc, but what do you think the club should use it for going forward. Now that it's really close to being a reality, a decision will need to be made soon.

 

More towards the stand fit-out?

Pay off the £1.7m loan that was taken out?

Land purchases?

Training facility project?

 

What's everyone's thoughts?

Corners need filled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

Hopefully we do it before then but get safe standing in some sections of the ground sorted.

Our own training facility would be nice but is in needed? From what I have seen the Oraim is excellent and I believe we get a pretty decent deal to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo

The governance proposals which were approved at the last AGM are clear that the Foundation will be very limited in its influence of how the FOH funding is spent in the future. I worry this is poorly understood and will be one of the issues whichsleads to unhappiness in the future, especially if/ when results on the park are poor. 

 

Excerpt from Governance Proposals document

3. Financial support from the Foundation to the Club

The Foundation has been an important source of funding for the Club, and we believe it is appropriate that the Foundation continues to fulfil this role. We will never ask members to give more than they can afford. The Foundation will not have a right to direct the Club as to how funding from the Foundation should be spent. That will be a matter for the Club board and management to decide. However, where it is clear that Foundation members would like to see funds used for a particular purpose, their views will be communicated to the Club Board by the Nominated Directors. The Nominated Directors will report annually to the members of the Foundation on how the contributions have been used by the Club.

 

Excerpt from the Working Together document

12. FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM THE FOUNDATION

12.1 The Parties:

o recognise that, under the Bidco Agreement, the Foundation has been an important source of funding for the Club;

o acknowledge the outstanding commitment and loyalty of the Foundation membership in providing the funds which have made that financial support possible;

o believe it is desirable that, after the Change of Ownership, the Foundation continues to act as a source of financial support;

o recognise that the sole source of that funding will be ongoing contributions from the Foundation’s membership; and o affirm that no member of the Foundation should ever be asked or encouraged to give more than they can reasonably afford.

12.2 The Foundation will use reasonable endeavours to provide financial support for the Club by collecting contributions from the Foundation’s members.

12.3 The Foundation and the Club will adopt a protocol which sets out, in appropriate detail, how funding will be provided or advanced to the Club on a regular basis

12.4 The funding from the Foundation will be applied in the furtherance of Club’s business in accordance with its business plan. Within that overall parameter, it will be a matter for the Club Board and management to determine the specific purpose or purposes for which funding from the Foundation should be applied. To assist its decision-making on this matter, the Nominated Directors may communicate to the Club Board and management the views of the Foundation Board or membership.

12.5 Pursuant to clause 11, the Club will liaise with and support the Foundation for the purpose of maximising the sums which the Foundation is able to obtain from its members, including coordinating marketing and fund-raising activities.

12.6 The Foundation will report annually to its members on how funding to the Club has been applied.

12.7 The Foundation will need to meet its running costs and expenses out of members’ contributions. In utilising contributions for this purpose, the Foundation Board will seek to be fully transparent with members through the annual accounts, and ensure that all funds used for this purpose are spent efficiently and appropriately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What should we do with the £1.4m p/a once we pay Ann off next year? Obviously champagne and dancing girls etc, but what do you think the club should use it for going forward. Now that it's really close to being a reality, a decision will need to be made soon.

 

More towards the stand fit-out?

Pay off the £1.7m loan that was taken out?

Land purchases?

Training facility project?

 

What's everyone's thoughts?

 

 

My attention wandered after your second sentence..

 

 

Infrastructure should be the priority - with an emphasis on longer term capital projects. I would include giant screens even though I dont like hen myself. Can be used to show big sporting events like olympics, world cup etc to generate more income

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever

Put it in a pot for a few years then finish the job wee Ron has started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon

Players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig_
Posted (edited)

Can't see the distillery moving any time soon, unless a ludicrous offer was put in for the land.

 

There's only five grain distilleries left in Scotland, and NB services both Diageo and Edrington. On the Diageo side, they could potentially shift production to Cameronbridge in Fife which does have a little spare capacity, but Edrington have no alternative for making Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark etc.

Edited by Craig_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

Disco lights. 

Gold Ann statue. 

Fill in the corners. 

 

Whatever it's used for it will free up money for players, I can't wait. 

 

Folk see it as a separate pot, I see it as all one pot. 

 

Some folk don't want it used on players, but it's irrelevant, if we use the money for infrastructure, projects etc then that frees up the money from normal streams to go on the football side. 

 

Potato / potaato imo. 

 

It gives us more money and we can improve our of the field activities and have more cash for the playing side. 

 

We should distance ourselves from the lower clubs quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer

I don't think pledge money should be earmarked for anything specific.

Whether it was ground improvements, buying land, buying players or whatever, you'd never get unanimous agreement from those putting their cash in.

It should just be treated as an additional revenue stream the same as ticket money or prize money which can be added to the overall income of the club, which in turn increases the budget for all parts of the club, including players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Longshanks

I'd like to save the money up.  In a few years we will have enough money to buy Hibs from their faceless yank when he gets bored.  We then bulldoze Easter road and build a Rudi Skacel statue similar in size to the angel of the north, only thing to decide would be what pose to have the statue in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Dee

If the Distillery are open to selling land, we should definitely investigate it. 

 

How about (re)developing the Wheatfield stand?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noah Claypole
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Disco lights. 

Gold Ann statue. 

Fill in the corners. 

 

Whatever it's used for it will free up money for players, I can't wait. 

 

Folk see it as a separate pot, I see it as all one pot. 

 

Some folk don't want it used on players, but it's irrelevant, if we use the money for infrastructure, projects etc then that frees up the money from normal streams to go on the football side. 

 

Potato / potaato imo. 

 

It gives us more money and we can improve our of the field activities and have more cash for the playing side. 

 

We should distance ourselves from the lower clubs quite a bit. 

 

The money needs separation even if it's only in name. Or at least it should never be portrayed as being used to buy players. Never.

 

It's bad enough now with the "wasted money" chat. 

 

As signing players is far from a simple dynamic then the 1st dud will cause all sorts of unnecessary problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
6 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I'd like to save the money up.  In a few years we will have enough money to buy Hibs from their faceless yank when he gets bored.  We then bulldoze Easter road and build a Rudi Skacel statue similar in size to the angel of the north, only thing to decide would be what pose to have the statue in.

 

This pose please

Image result for rudi skacel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

If the Distillery are open to selling land, we should definitely investigate it. 

 

How about (re)developing the Wheatfield stand?   

In a perfect world, you would want to develop the Wheatfield at the same time as the Roseburn.

 

If we could get the requisite land, it would make sense to lengthen both the Wheatfield and Main Stands by at least one section and build a new Roseburn Stand where the school currently sits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dodger84

1.7 mil might be enough to buy stevie Mallan As some on here think he’s a world beater 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What about the old school? Know nothing about it, other than a 2+2=5 conversation we could be willing to expand out

I think we'd have to be very, very careful regarding any move to buy the old school. The only real reason for buying it would be to give us space to expand the ground further in that direction and the fact that the school building, or at least part of it, is listed raises significant questions over whether we'd ever be able to get permission to do what we wanted. It could end up in us shelling out millions for some land that we can't use for anything other than parking, and a building that's of no real use to us at all but that we're obliged to spend money on maintaining every year. We'd have to be very sure that we'd be allowed to do what we'd want/need to with the site before committing to any purchase there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The money needs separation even if it's only in name. Or at least it should never be portrayed as being used to buy players. Never.

 

It's bad enough now with the "wasted money" chat. 

 

As signing players is far from a simple dynamic then the 1st dud will cause all sorts of unnecessary problems.

 

 

Yeah, I get that. 

 

But it's like me or my wife buying something , it makes no difference in reality. 

 

If we use the foundation money for the infrastructure, pitch, stadium, and projects, then we aren't using our "normal money for that so then we have more money for the playing side available. 

 

It's  6 or 2 3's imo. 

I also have no problem with the money going on to players, but I know some would so I know it needs to be separate, on paper at leat but in reality it's all the same pot. 

 

Tbh If we don't see any benefits to the playing side, then I see no point in the money at all. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodami
9 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

The money needs separation even if it's only in name. Or at least it should never be portrayed as being used to buy players. Never.

 

It's bad enough now with the "wasted money" chat. 

 

As signing players is far from a simple dynamic then the 1st dud will cause all sorts of unnecessary problems.

Wise words 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...