Rober turns job down, sky sports confirm

Red 23

Just heard on Talk 107 that he is the one being interviewed

here is what Wikipeida says:

J?rgen R?ber (born December 25, 1953 in Gernrode) is a German football player and manager.

In 1956 his family moved from the then GDR to Bertlich in Northrhine-Westphalia. There he grew up and started his football career at SuS Bertlich. His Bundesliga career lasted 12 years with one year interruption, when he played in Canada and England. His greatest success as a player was the win of the national German championship with Bayern Munich in 1981.

R?ber started his manager career in 1991 at the club where he had ended his active career, Rot-Weiss Essen. His Bundesliga debut as manager was in 1994 with the VfB Stuttgart. His most successful time so far was as coach of Hertha BSC Berlin. In 1997 he led the team to promotion, only two years later Hertha finished at 3rd position and made their entry into the Champions League.

After two more engagements at Vfl Wolfsburg and Partizan Belgrade he signed at Borussia Dortmund in December 2006. On the 12 March 2007 he resigned, because he said he wasn't able ?to reach the team?.

J?rgen R?ber (born December 25, 1953 in Gernrode) is a German football player and manager.

In 1956 his family moved from the then GDR to Bertlich in Northrhine-Westphalia. There he grew up and started his football career at SuS Bertlich. His Bundesliga career lasted 12 years with one year interruption, when he played in Canada and England. His greatest success as a player was the win of the national German championship with Bayern Munich in 1981.

R?ber started his manager career in 1991 at the club where he had ended his active career, Rot-Weiss Essen. His Bundesliga debut as manager was in 1994 with the VfB Stuttgart. His most successful time so far was as coach of Hertha BSC Berlin. In 1997 he led the team to promotion, only two years later Hertha finished at 3rd position and made their entry into the Champions League.

After two more engagements at Vfl Wolfsburg and Partizan Belgrade he signed at Borussia Dortmund in December 2006. On the 12 March 2007 he resigned, because he said he wasn't able ?to reach the team?.

Now, I don't know if it is true, and I know zero about this dude, but if the emboldened section is true then he is the last man we need now. "Reaching" our squad will be difficult enough for someone renowned for getting the best out of a bad bunch, worse for someone that has failed at it already.

monkfish1979

Former Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin boss Jurgen Rober is the latest name linked with the vacant managerial vacancy at Hearts.

It's claimed the 54 year-old was in Kaunas today for talks with Jambos' majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov.

Genius!

Benny Factor

Was Nade standing in the way??? :P:p

Chad Sexington

He looks ok to me.

Coached a very high level...far higher than the SPL.

I refuse to get excited after recent events but I would be happy with his appointment.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm getting the feeling that Vlad is interviewing around a dozen Germans for the job, and the winner will be announced on Monday :confused:

I'm getting the feeling that Vlad is interviewing around a dozen Germans for the job, and the winner will be announced on Monday :confused:

By interviewing do you mean finding out who will be easiest to manipulate ?! Ruber has very recent history of walking away so I'd expect the managerial search to be back on around mid September should he get the job.

Famous Hearts
As long as he can reach the fax, he'll be fine ;)

What we really need on JKB is more jokes about faxes.:irritated:

The Old Tolbooth
By interviewing do you mean finding out who will be easiest to manipulate ?! Ruber has very recent history of walking away so I'd expect the managerial search to be back on around mid September should he get the job.

Aye something like that, one who nods like the Churchill insurance dog and can operate a fax machine will have the best credentials.

If Ruber has any balls about him at all, he wont get the gig.

Benny Factor
Ah yes the British manager we were promiced so long ago :sad:

No-one promised a British manager.

Ah yes the British manager we were promiced so long ago :sad:

Oh c'mon why such scepticism he played 22 times for Notts Forest don't you know ?!!!!!!!!! ;)

he seems to have done well at Hertha Berlin. Getting them promoted and then subsequently into the champions league. But that was 9 years ago and he doesn't appear to have done much at his other clubs.

Guest juvehearts
No-one promised a British manager.

Im sorry...............................

taken from http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Mann-overboard-as--.4223874.jp

? JANUARY 2008

Hearts issue a statement outlining their search for a new 'British style' manager. Almost six months later, the search continues after Mark McGhee turned down the position in favour of staying at Motherwell, with Mann and others out of the Romanov loop.

And still we wait for a british (style) manager to be apionted.

if a german geta apointed, that has no experiance of british football, does this not go against the jan 01 statment?

but if a german does get apointed manager, will it be a step in the right direction?

its gotta be, surley he knows how to use a fax machine!

Im sorry...............................

taken from http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Mann-overboard-as--.4223874.jp

? JANUARY 2008

Hearts issue a statement outlining their search for a new 'British style' manager. Almost six months later, the search continues after Mark McGhee turned down the position in favour of staying at Motherwell, with Mann and others out of the Romanov loop.

And still we wait for a british (style) manager to be apionted.

if a german geta apointed, that has no experiance of british football, does this not go against the jan 01 statment?

but if a german does get apointed manager, will it be a step in the right direction?

its gotta be, surley he knows how to use a fax machine!

The actual press release from Hearts states that the new manager would "preferably" Have experience of British football.

Not that that will wash with you will it?:rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts
The actual press release from Hearts states that the new manager would "preferably" Have experience of British football.

Not that that will wash with you will it?:rolleyes:

doesnt bother me in the slightest,

still wont make me go back to tynecastle & see hearts play.

besides its all hersay at the moment, NO-ONE has been apointed manager & IMO no-one will until we as supporters decide enough is enough & hound romanov out; So we can at the very least bring that burning passion & desire to at least stand up for our once proud club.

The hearts fans need a leader first, someone that will stand up to romanov, then maybe then we have a starting brick in place to build a foundation to grow & get back to where we were 3 seasons ago.

So long as it's not Jurgen Doonhertz:)

You should have started a thread with this. I'm sure you would have got a bite.:)

Corrie Jambo

I would take him in an instant - He got Hertha Berlin to the Champions league.

But I do think he would need to get someone who knows the scottish scene

portobellojambo1

Jimmy Shand as his sidekick ;)

(I was just thinking, is Jurgen Rober not German for John Robertson, any chance Mr Romanov has taken a bit of a flakey).

Slightly underwhelmed but his pedigree both as a player and manager was half decent expect for the Dortmund gig. 6 defeats in 8 matches. :eek:

Anyone got any stats from his Forest days?

Anyone got any stats from his Forest days?

He played 22 times for Forest over 25 years ago so has "experience of British football" :rofl:

Any chance Mr Romanov has taken a bit of a flakey).

Any chance!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The mans a frigging lunatic

ex manager of Rot weiss essen, God that will give the hobos a hard on.

First british team in the european cup blah blah blah blah

Here's an interview just after he got the Dortmund job. http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2006/index.php?f=50789.php

bundesliga.de: How would you describe your character, both as a player and as a coach?

R?ber: Firstly, I think I'm crazy in a positive sense! I've always been ambitious. I always worked hard to get where I am. As a young player I'd go out of my way to train, and it's that kind of approach I now try to pass on as a coach. I think it is extremely important to educate people. Over the past ten years as a coach, I've had so many players that I was able to improve. Some of those I helped ended up playing for their country. That ambition is always there.

bundesliga.de: You once said that you are such an intensive coach, you were endangering your health. Is it really like that, and how long do you want to coach?

R?ber: Both as a player and as a coach, I have always tried to give 100 percent in everything I do, and I have always tried to do everything right. You normally have a situation where you cannot switch off. I keep saying that to friends! 50 percent of me can be involved in a discussion, and the other half is busy concentrating on the squad, the club, the next game or the players. Additionally, in order to avoid any problems, I have to ensure that I'm top fit.

If he thought he was endangering his health before, what would he be like here?

And another bit I found on a Dortmund forum http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588503&page=45

J?rgen R?ber wasn't really around long enough to talk about him and young players, but his track record at Hertha speaks for itself. J?rgen R?ber was pretty good with young players. And he told the truth about our team as a whole. The "leaders", especially Metzelder, just didn't have the right attitude.

Well we've got plenty players with a poor attitude, the only postive thing there is that none of them are leaders in any way. Guess it would be interesting to find out what players he supposedly brought through.

There's some bloke called Stevie Frail emptying the compost heap at the the bottom of his garden at the moment. Maybe he could get in touch with him?

I'm sure he must be brilliant, and thats why he's coming to the SPL to manage Hearts :rolleyes: He must be ******ing desperate! Probably has mental issues similar to Vlad.

They should have went all out for McGhee, not some half assed attempt which made him think Motherwell was a better job!

Charlie-Brown
I'm sure he must be brilliant, and thats why he's coming to the SPL to manage Hearts :rolleyes: He must be ******ing desperate! Probably has mental issues similar to Vlad.

They should have went all out for McGhee, not some half assed attempt which made him think Motherwell was a better job!

So what does that say about Mixu then or Collins or Mowbray or Sauzee?

They all wanted to manage Hibs inthe SPL and they have been shee-ite for decades don't you agree? :)

TBH I really dont know what some fans are all about.

IF our new manager is Jurgen Rober, then I will feel quietly optimistic about our forthcoming campaign, afterall this guy has managed at much bigger clubs than ours and had relative success, especially with Hertha Berlin.

I would also argue that this guy has a much better record/pedigree than McGhee, Levein, Jefferies, Davies & even Burley.

It seems to me that whoever is appointed it wont be enough or good enough for some fans, they really ought to get a grip.

PS.

Looks like IF he does get the job, he will bring along his assistant Bernd Storck, probably why Frail has been booted.

JamboPete

So what does that say about Mixu then or Collins or Mowbray or Sauzee?

They all wanted to manage Hibs inthe SPL and they have been shee-ite for decades don't you agree? :)

Hardly big name managers, although Sauzee was a big name player/manager i suppose. Even then he was only starting out at hibs and had not already managed at big clubs. The point is why is this guy coming to Scotland? Yes he's been at big clubs but Borussia Dortmund to Hearts is not the textbook career move for talented managers. Looking at it logically you would say nobody better than us wants him.

Looking at it logically you would say nobody better than us wants him.

Also the likely 3 year (ish) contract at ?375,000 a year = ?1,125,000 knowing full well that Romaknob will fall out with him in a couple of months and he will have topped the pension up lovely jubbly. Next.

Vlad should be on SPL's got "talent"!!!!!!

there will be so many on show but who knows what WE WILL GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davemclaren

My mate George from Hannover ( he's in telecoms ) says he's been invited to Lithuania for 8 days allegedly. :wacko:

Say What Again

....as the current Kaunas coach who was holidaying in Munich.

(or ****ed at the beer festival and then woke up in the morning thinking 'what have I done?' :sad:)

Say What Again
he's been invited to Lithuania for 8 days allegedly. :wacko:

That gives him plenty of time to leave his options open should Rochdale come calling :sad:

Archived