***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

Delighted to get the goal back before half time.

we really need to work on our delivery though!!!

uche been a bit of a passenger for me in this game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Playing a lot faster than we did last season.

Walker, Washington, Mulraney playing well, Berra a worry, but special mention for Hickey, excellent game so far.

Alex Kintner

Very good first half. Lots of great link up play and attacking moves. You can tell we’re lacking match sharpness but once that comes! 😍

Utd have had one attack and scored from it. Aprt from that we’ve been completely dominant.

Just now, Coco said:

Walker has brought a dimension we lacked whenever Naismith was out last year.

They'll play well together 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

HT. Been comfortably the better team without the scoreline showing it. Berra and Uche the only two real disappointments.

100%

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

HT. Been comfortably the better team without the scoreline showing it. Berra and Uche the only two real disappointments.

I’d have Halkett on for Berra.

1 minute ago, moonraker said:

Hickey and Irvine doing well. Mulvaney and Clare also looking good. Uche obviously not 100% hardly found a Hearts jersey, Washington lively. 

Funny how people see it differently.  I've not been impressed with Clare.

Francis Albert

Decent first half. Keep it up and have a few more shots on target and we should win quite comfortably. Pleased with the absence of hoofball.

4 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Lol. 

You really are a card Rick. 

It's taken him until HT to post his drivel. That's good for him. 

The Goalscoring Knee

I've been impressed with the speed of moving the ball round the pitch. Just a pity it's not sticking too well when it reaches the front 2

brunoatemyhamster

Room for improvement but not bad after a shacky start. 

This big switch ball from Berra has got to stop though. Sooooo predictable and easily dealt with. 

Bazzas right boot

Uche decision making must improve, but clearly not match fit. 

Mulraney looking good, Washington and Walker bring an Intelligence and movement we've missed. 

Clare has won the ball back well, but needs to get more involved. 

Lovely goal for Irving, Hickey looks good, Smith composed as always. 

We've actually played well, my concern is if we don't get ahead, not sure Walker, Uche, Washington along with Irving have 90 mins in them. 

Moved the ball well and good movement up top. 

Think they might get a man sent off as well. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Have to agree with you Geoff.   Thing the two youngsters having a good game, Walker is certainly in the mood and Mulraney is ripping them a new one...

Uche has been shocking. Has he been told to stop being so greedy so now he just passes it to no **** or underhits it?

Captain Sausage

Bizarre first half. Weather is truly atrocious. Utd couldn’t complain at going in 3-0 down here, yet somehow they almost went in 1-0 up. 

They’ve offered absolutely zero other attacking threat, while I feel they’re lucky that Clancy was so lenient early on. An absolute screamer from Irving got us back into the match, but Uche and Washington have both been wasteful so far. 

Hopefully I’m on at full time, sausage in tact, and celebrating a win where it’s more of the same, but with us actually finishing things off this time. 

1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Funny how people see it differently.  I've not been impressed with Clare.

Really !!!

Entitled to your opinion but disagree.

heartsfc_fan

Played well baring a brain fart at the United goal.

Irving and Mulraney have impressed.

1 minute ago, Jenks said:

I'll second that. 

He won’t take Berra off.

more likely he’ll give it 25 mins and  if bringing Halkett on it will be for hickey

2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

I would take uche off has he has done nothing.

He's not been at the races has he?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’d have Halkett on for Berra.

I wouldn't waste subs. 

Can't see Uche, Walker, Washington, Irving lasting 90 mins. 

A few players playing thier first competitive game in a while. 

Pissing down as well, drains the energy. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Lots of players only just now getting their first minutes on a pitch this season. You can see the rustiness in some and the sharpness in others. 

Shankland scored a gift from Berra but has been anonymous since. United look very much like a championship side. 

Irving is doing alright,  Uche has been busy but useless,  he needs minutes to get up to speed though. 

Mulraney is going to be a big player this season! 

Alex Kintner

Wonder how many of the wibblers had to delete their thousand word half-time diatribes when that goal went in 😂

jambostuart

First half observations -

Walker is making the difference creatively, but needs a finish. Maybe just rustiness though

We look good going forward and hopefully we can keep this up against similar SPFL teams like Livi. Our problem last season was breaking down smaller teams, so it's good to see we are creating chances here.

We've been called "big and physical" when Dundee United are the ones with awful challenges... that was a shocking challenge and should have been a red. Karma more than made up for it with Irving's peach of a goal.

My only real negative is Berra looks finished. At fault for the goal and looking hesitant. A shame as he is a fantastic player but that injury against Celtic was his first big injury and it looks to have done him in, maybe mentally as well as physically. Souttar to step up alongside Halkett and Clevid this season, as Berra maybe does more coaching work and behind the scenes work retiring gracefully. We don't want him being the "Hughes" of this season.

Score aside Hearts do look good for the first game of the season....I don’t mind us conceding goals if the football is attack minded

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Wonder how many of the wibblers had to delete their thousand word half-time diatribes when that goal went in 😂

Just saved for another time. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Not me, I can do it in a word.

Meh.

Still think we've got enough to tuck the Dungdee Hibernian away, though.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

He's not been at the races has he?

Zanatta would be a good replacement. Played up front for alloa and has impressed in more season games. Even more movement up front 

Jambosteve1902

Cant believe ive seen comment negative about Clare i think hes been great won tackles passed well always in space been superb hel only get better more and more games in this role too.  Think if Smith developed a final ball wed get so many goals from his outlets

Actually thoroughly enjoyed that first half. Highlights -- 

Mulraney's runs and crosses

Aaron Hickey's composure

Irvine's finish

Lowlights

Uche's bizzarre cut backs

People not picking out Washington's runs (2 or 3 times he has been screaming for it in a decent position)

Berra looks a bit short on fitness, or, his legs have gone

Kevin Clancey

Apart from that, a good cup tie.

Soapy Soutar
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Great strike from Irving. 

I must admit Clare has got a lot better as the half has went on. Keep it up. 

Both forwards look extremely poor though. 

Uche has look poor

Im pleased with washingtons first half,good running off the ball,been involved on a few good build ups

Apart from the goal. A good goal I admit. We are totally dominating them. So many positives and a different way of playing from the shite last season.

we will win this 3 or 4 1.

Goals in this side.

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It's taken him until HT to post his drivel. That's good for him. 

Tell me what drivel I have posted pal? Have you even read my posts?? 

Irving has struggled for the most part first half and didn’t seem to want to take control of the ball. 

I hope his great goal gives him confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Really !!!

Entitled to your opinion but disagree.

Yeah. On a fan of him but not tonight. Need him taken off set pieces also.  Maybe I'm wrong but as you say , opinions are weird 😁

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Like it wisnae before too!

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Like it wisnae before too!

As ever, a very nice Tamnavulin tonight. Drinking a Speyside in the Outer Hebrides while watching the Hearts. Lovely. Slainte Mhath Morgan. 

Edited by whodanny

Tennant's  6's
Just now, salvo69 said:

Score aside Hearts do look good for the first game of the season....I don’t mind us conceding goals if the football is attack minded

Yeah, some decent play at times. Some great crosses from mulraney, Clare been getting forward to support.  Some nice inter play at times

avhudtheteeshirt

Think it just looks like Dundee United of old, get a goal and try and frustrate till the end, does not make for good watching!!!!

Hopefully we will soon see where Craig Levein sees us this year.

if we go 2-1 up do we sit on what we have which we normally try and do or do we push on and try and kill the game off with more goals?

hopefully the latter.