Harry Stone

Famous 1874

Famous 1874

Has signed a professional contract for the first time. 2 year deal. Excellent news as he was linked with Celtic and Watford.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe why they’ve been reluctant to sign another keeper if they see him as a number one in the near future.

Anyone seen much of him?

Thought Police
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has signed a professional contract for the first time. 2 year deal. Excellent news as he was linked with Celtic and Watford.

I was coming on here to confirm that it was the same player. Good choice from the young man and well played Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Some thought he was away to Watford so this is a good turnaround. 

Great news. 

I'd been saying we should have been looking at Zander Clark, but if the Gordon rumours are true, we could potentially bring Gordon in to help coach Stone and have him playing semi regular football by next season?

2 years only takes him to 19, so would hope we'd be looking to get him signed up longer with some sort of handover from Gordon to Stone. 

That's good news. Hopefully keep him a good deal longer than the two years. Always feels as though clubs have too much access to rival clubs' youngsters these days. Although obviously it's something we do to smaller clubs as well. Just wish we were able to bring through really good players knowing that you would get to see them mature in to first team regulars every time. Ah but for reality though, I suppose.

StevenNaismith

Apart from Naismith, this could be the best bit of business we’ll do this summer. He’s gonna have a great career ahead of him. 

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Apart from Naismith, this could be the best bit of business we’ll do this summer. He’s gonna have a great career ahead of him. 

I know nothing about him that i haven't read on here. Seems very highly rated by the folk who know about these things. Just a quick question, as you seem to know a bit about him; is he quite small for a keeper? Looking at him in the photo next to Levein, he looks quite wee.

Finlay James
7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Too right, he has a big chance, that's for sure.  If he continues to develop, he could be a star for us.

Stone, Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton signing new deals is down to the hard work of the boys and the academy coaches.  

Seeing players like Cochrane and Hickey making a big impact in the first team will no doubt make us a good option for any younger players.  I'm not a fan of him as a manager but the management of the academy has been great since Levein has been here and we're starting to see some really good prospects coming through.  They'll never all work out but it's still encouraging to see it producing players who can play at this level.

Edited by Morph

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who knows in a year or 2, Tynecastle might only be a stones throw to Washington

rudi must stay

Very good news, in the past we've lost guys to other more lucrative offers. Levein in the photo with him, at 17 that's interesting and maybe shows our hopes for him. 2 years, do well for the reserves then ready for a new deal and maybe the number 1 spot. That's maybe the plan

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Not really.  Is he two years away from playing first team football? 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Not really.  Is he two years away from playing first team football? 

Mid he’s good enough get him in the team.. 

StevenNaismith

I’d have no problems with him playing in the first team. He’s that good. I think he would flourish like Craig Gordon did all those years ago.

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’d have no problems with him playing in the first team. He’s that good. I think he would flourish like Craig Gordon did all those years ago.

Well he will only be as good or the second best signing to Naismith if he can get in the first team otherwise two years for him to progress when not tied up longer wouldn’t be. 

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

And which manager gave CG his debut?

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And which manager gave CG his debut?

Same manager that had no choice replacing Niemi with Moilenen? 

42 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Too right, he has a big chance, that's for sure.  If he continues to develop, he could be a star for us.

Stone, Connor Smith and Chris Hamilton signing new deals is down to the hard work of the boys and the academy coaches.  

Levein gets a lot of stick, some of it rightly so but we're begining to see the fruits of the his labour over the last 5 years. Next season we could very well see Morrison, Cochrane, McDonald, Irvine, Smith, Hamilton, Stone, Hickey coming into the first team. Even if the majority only make a handful of appearances thats still pretty significant. Future is starting to look very maroon! 

Inch Hearts
Just now, OTT said:

Levein gets a lot of stick, some of it rightly so but we're begining to see the fruits of the his labour over the last 5 years. Next season we could very well see Morrison, Cochrane, McDonald, Irvine, Smith, Hamilton, Stone, Hickey coming into the first team. Even if the majority only make a handful of appearances thats still pretty significant. Future is starting to look very maroon! 

There is no arguing with that at all.  There’s also Arnott who doesn’t get nearly enough praise either. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Same manager that had no choice replacing Niemi with Moilenen? 

You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

What was the name of that manager?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

What was the name of that manager?

Coming from you? :lol: 

The manager who brought Gordon into the side was the same manager who had Tepi as number one.  Let’s not make out Levein is some great god football goalie developer now. 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

The manager who brought Gordon into the side was the same manager who had Tepi as number one.  Let’s not make out Levein is some great god football goalie developer now. 

Oh dear!

Methinks thou protesteth too much.

Ffs lads. Not on every thread, eh?!

ON TOPIC - Fantastic news. Thought we’d lost him. Positive this one’s gonna be a star!

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I know nothing about him that i haven't read on here. Seems very highly rated by the folk who know about these things. Just a quick question, as you seem to know a bit about him; is he quite small for a keeper? Looking at him in the photo next to Levein, he looks quite wee.

Attitude: the most important thing in sport

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

No bother bud.  ?

You're getting your knickers in a twist too excitedly.

I merely suggested that CL was not afraid to give a young goalie a chance - not that he was a great goalie developer.  You made that up!  Give it a rest.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You're getting your knickers in a twist too excitedly.

I merely suggested that CL was not afraid to give a young goalie a chance - not that he was a great goalie developer.  You made that up!  Give it a rest.

I said no bother bud.  Calm yourself down. Not every thread has to end up the same.  

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

I said no bother bud.  Calm yourself down. Not every thread has to end up the same.  

It won't if you stop stalking.

No bother bud

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Attitude: the most important thing in sport

Does that mean he is quite small for a keeper, but makes up for it in attitude? Sorry man, you've lost me a bit here. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The boy Leonard must be regretting his decision by now. 

Hope so.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does that mean he is quite small for a keeper, but makes up for it in attitude? Sorry man, you've lost me a bit here. :thumbsup:

I mean in sport that's what matters. In my opinion anyway

Wee guys are often very determined. 

I haven't seen Stone play but the list of clubs is impressive. Celtic much as I despise them scout very well

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I mean in sport that's what matters. In my opinion anyway

Wee guys are often very determined. 

I haven't seen Stone play but the list of clubs is impressive. Celtic much as I despise them scout very well

Yeah, would agree with much of that. ?

Is he actually quite small though, or is it a bit of an illusion in the photo?

19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The boy Leonard must be regretting his decision by now. 

Very silly decision. As harsh as this may sound, we need cautionary tales. The grass is not always greener. 

Its frustrating because history seems to repeat itself all too often in this regard. I honestly believe Levein and his team do care about the lads welfare and they are actively trying to do their best by them (Carrick & Beith coaching roles for example). Instead of blindly following their agents advice, its maybe better following the advice of a man who is striving to build a strong foundation centred around youth development (and therefore its not in his interests to poorly advise players as will negatively impact reputation).

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah, would agree with much of that. ?

Is he actually quite small though, or is it a bit of an illusion in the photo?

He's just turned 17 so has a couple of years growth I would think?

Levein is sitting a bit further forward which will make Stone look smaller.

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Let’s not make out Moilanen was signed for anything more than keeping the gloves warm until Gordon was ready.

Gordon is one of the best goalies Scotland has produced. Hearts were well aware what a player we had on our hands.

Just now, Rudolf said:

He's just turned 17 so has a couple of years growth I would think?

Levein is sitting a bit further forward which will make Stone look smaller.

Yeah, probably. I’m not suggesting he is by the way, and I’m not suggesting it would hold him back if he is a bit smaller than most other keepers either. Just genuinely interested to know, as he looks a bit smaller in the photo.

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let’s not make out Moilanen was signed for anything more than keeping the gloves warm until Gordon was ready.

Gordon is one of the best goalies Scotland has produced. Hearts were well aware what a player we had on our hands.

Craig played twice the season Neimi left to Southampton, he then started as number 2 the following season.  That’s some amount of time for others like Roddy McKenzie to be keeping the gloves warm.