Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Inch Hearts

• Beast Boy

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He is fecking murder, its one of the most puzzling things ive seen in Scottish football over the last few years....everyone seems to rate him but personally I think he is bang average at best....slow...prone to an error...its his size that seems to blinker folk IMHO...

Cant see Tic showing interest in Soapy FWIW...

chester copperpot

Really surprised at Aberdeen knocking it back to be honest.

I like McKenna. Hes a great defender and would put him on a par with Souttar as Scotland best 2 CH options.

Shocked Celtic aren't sniffing about Souttar either. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

McKenna is so average. I'd be biting your hands off at £3M, let alone 5. Destined to be the Scottish Phil Jones.

Whether you rate him or not its good to see offers like this being knocked back. 

A few years ago it'd have been 2m done and dusted. 

I think it is great to see big transfers for Scottish players, granted it’s not £50+ like true English players but £5m rejected and also £3m for Turnbull (19 yrs old) and not forget Tierney for £25m.....it can only be a marker for transfers for Scottish players and hearts. It’s also good to see players in the Scottish National team going for big money like Fraser

Special Agent Dale Cooper
8 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He is fecking murder, its one of the most puzzling things ive seen in Scottish football over the last few years....everyone seems to rate him but personally I think he is bang average at best....slow...prone to an error...its his size that seems to blinker folk IMHO...

This. I don't see it with him.

The_razors_edge

Got bossed by uche at Tynie and has been nothing short of woeful for the national team...and they want double what celtic have offered!! Fair play for not buckling at the first bid but he’s never worth £10million

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Definitely his size. 

I've yet to see him have a standout game 

If I was Aberdeen I would point blank refuse to sell to the smeltic !!!! 

Weakens the sheep and strengthens the Irish lovers...

He’s bang average and I would rather have Souttar 

kingantti1874
Just now, king.Robbo said:

£5m in pocket and offloading and average player to Celtic.. I’d snap their hand off

An insight into life at Celtic under Lennon.

They’ll likely get their league title next year but there’s no doubt they’ll regress.

Bids like this and the Turnbull signing show why.

22 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

So true.

Maybe he is a bit stronger than Soapy but not any good with the ball at his feet.

Soapy must be worth 10mil then ?

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

An insight into life at Celtic under Lennon.

They’ll likely get their league title next year but there’s no doubt they’ll regress.

Bids like this and the Turnbull signing show why.

Can’t see them being anywhere near the league title this year. Lennon has been a total failure at every club he’s managed and was successful with celtic during Scottish footballs strangest time. Hearts, Rangers financial melt down etc. I reckon he’ll be under mega pressure by October, be replaced in the January window. 

Would’ve been beneficial for us - £5m to Aberdeen so they can put it towards their carpark fund.. Celtic end up with an overrated centre back who I seem to remember spent most of last season fighting with Morelos or getting out-jumped at every corner. 

Edited by King prawn

part_time_jambo
17 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

Your contradicting yourself. If he's bang average, how will they be weakened? 

I think he's overrated.

Is he not just a poor Christophe Berra? I.e Limited at best footballing ability?

Fair play to the dons but I can't see them getting much more. 

tokyowalnut
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Can’t see them being anywhere near the league title this year. Lennon has been a total failure at every club he’s managed and was successful with celtic during Scottish footballs strangest time. Hearts, Rangers financial melt down etc. I reckon he’ll be under mega pressure by October, be replaced in the January window. 

Cant agree with that, he did get some good results in Europe with them. I do think he'll crack at some point during the season though, the pressure does get to him.

Rock and a hard place. We are unlikely to win the league. Id hate for Lennon and Celtic to stroll away with it again, but the reverse is that I dont want Rangers winning another trophy. 

Back on point though, McKenna is bang average. I can only by his games against us and for Scotland and he only really has size. Not quick, not especially good on the ball. But, if Aberdeen can get £5mill + for him, sets a bench mark for Soutar!

Edited by tokyowalnut

jamboiain13
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Cant agree with that, he did get some good results in Europe with them. I do think he'll crack at some point during the season though, the pressure does get to him.

Rock and a hard place. We are unlikely to win the league. Id hate for Lennon and Celtic to stroll away with it again, but the reverse is that I dont want Rangers winning another trophy. 

or indeed the rangers winning their FIRST trophy

The fact that almost every window there is 'bids' being leaked to the press shows Aberdeen's intention to create a bidding war.   If I was there I would be holding off a month or so when there will be some desperate team in the championship chuck 10million at them.  But to echo the thoughts in here, he is very very average, he will follow similar career path to Jack Hendry if he moves to Celtic.

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Nah, despite of him they are stronger than the Huns.

He’s capable of winning the league with them but the all conquering days that Rodgers brought will be over.

Though I do agree he could end up sacked if the natives get restless (some of them ain’t happy with his appointment from the off)

If Aberdeen were smart they'd take the cash, then spend £2m on a replacement who will be a better player for that cash. £3m profit and improving their team, as long as the £2m player isn't Souttar as I fear we'd accept that if it was offered. 

Calebs Grandad

Aberdeen now know Celtic will pay £5m for him if this is their opening offer. Tierney will possibly bring in £15m+ so why not hold off for another £2-3m? 

The whole world have lost their minds. We need to be joining this collective insanity and making sure players are suitably overpriced too. 

Tierney - £15m+

McKenna - £10m

Absolute madness. ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Glad Hearts secured Halkett. Think he has the potential to be better than both Souttar and McKenna.

queensferryjambo

Does anyone have a list of players from non old firm teams who have sold for millions say £3M+. I am honestly struggling to think of any who have sold for more than a couple of million apart from Craig Gordon.

I know it isn't a popular view but if any team came in with £5M for any and I mean any Hearts player I would take it. People delusions of how valuable their players are shouldn't get in the way of business sense. 

As for Aberdeen they have banded about big bids for McKenna in the press on numerous occasions or at least the papers and agents might have. Are any of them actually true? I would doubt they will get £5M+ for him but if they were offered that then they should take as he isn't worth that. 

Cruyff Turn

McKenna has a lot of potential to be a very good defender but he’s utter shite in possession. 

Physically he’s better than Soapy but Soapy reads the game better and is 100x better on the ball. Soapy long passing, cross field diagonal passes are up there with the best of them, that is why he is worth more than McKenna. 

Inch Hearts

I wonder why they wouldn’t rather spend the money on Soapy if he’s as shite as the experts on here proclaim he is? 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

McKenna has a lot of potential to be a very good defender but he’s utter shite in possession. 

Physically he’s better than Soapy but Soapy reads the game better and is 100x better on the ball. Soapy long passing, cross field diagonal passes are up there with the best of them, that is why he is worth more than McKenna. 

Soapy was rotten the majority of the second half of the season and his passes was usually just passing to Berra to punt at times.  It’s blinkered to say otherwise.  He was brilliant the season before but last season not and also he got found out at international level in Israel also. 

If McKenna's worth that amount then I would hope Hearts would ask for more for Souttar if they were to come in for him. Souttar and McKenna are very different players, one being a good old fashioned centre-half, nothing fancy, just get the ball away and ones better with the ball at his feet. So if Celtic wanted Souttar….£7m please!

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Soapy was rotten the majority of the second half of the season and his passes was usually just passing to Berra to punt at times.  It’s blinkered to say otherwise.  He was brilliant the season before but last season not and also he got found out at international level in Israel also. 

I disagree. 

CloustonHMFC

Glad Aberdeen knocked it back. Seems like we’re finally at a time where clubs aren’t going to bend over and sell to the scumbags for peanuts.

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

A couple of seasons where the OF didn't buy young talent off teams that they perceived as a threat to them, to weaken their opposition. Here we go again. Hastie, Turnbull, McKenna...welcome back to the early 2000's everyone.

Aye but Motherwell can buy a decent replacement for £3m, don’t think it’ll weaken them too much. Sheep won’t sell for less than £7m and could also buy a more than adequate replacement. The fact they’re not going for peanuts like years gone by is very encouraging. 

25 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The whole world have lost their minds. We need to be joining this collective insanity and making sure players are suitably overpriced too. 

Tierney - £15m+

McKenna - £10m

Absolute madness. ?

Tierney will go for around £25M IMO including add-ons

Tynecastle Valhalla

£5 mil is a lot to turn down tbh from any club 

Aberdeen could do a lot with that money 

heartsfc_fan

Celtics tactic is to weaken rivals first and foremost. He's not going to improve them

Will end up like Johnny Hayes, a squad player who will be lucky to play 20 games a season.

Imagine the OF carnage if McKenna was to sign for them and playing against Morelos.

Just for that I hope it goes through.

Otherwise McKenna is a complete donkey.

Halkett  has potential to be better than McKenna/Soutar based on what, heard it all now, not sure he will even start unless we go to a back 5 which was a disaster last season.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Personally only know 2 Aberdeen fans but they don't rate him at all.One thinks he is fairly standard and alright for the Spfl the other just thinks he is a big huddy.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Is he not just a poor Christophe Berra? I.e Limited at best footballing ability?

Probably a good description.Berra was a far far better defender at the age McKenna is now though.

36 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Tierney will go for around £25M IMO including add-ons

I really don't think he's even worth Arsenal's opening bid.

At the end of the day, he's worth whatever someone will pay for him. VFM is another thing completely. 

Good news.

We know players up here aren't playing at the same level as those in the EPL (for example) but they do have quality. Some with the quality to make it down there.

The money should reflect that but in Scotland we have been getting shafted for years.

We need clubs to grow some balls and start demanding a players true value.

They knocked by 6m for McKenna last summer I believe. He on a long contract. I'm with those who don't think he is great but he will develop further. I'm definitely in favour of Aberdeen demanding any club pay up for him. 

Just imagine how far 10m for Souttar would go towards continuing to build our club up on and off the park.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably a good description.Berra was a far far better defender at the age McKenna is now though.

Christophe should have went for Gordon type money.  Well better than McKenna and Souttar at that age. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Good news.

We know players up here aren't playing at the same level as those in the EPL (for example) but they do have quality. Some with the quality to make it down there.

The money should reflect that but in Scotland we have been getting shafted for years.

We need clubs to grow some balls and start demanding a players true value.

They knocked by 6m for McKenna last summer I believe. He on a long contract. I'm with those who don't think he is great but he will develop further. I'm definitely in favour of Aberdeen demanding any club pay up for him. 

Just imagine how far 10m for Souttar would go towards continuing to build our club up on and off the park.

£10m :lol: he will not go for anything more than £3m. 

Tommy Brown
24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Personally only know 2 Aberdeen fans but they don't rate him at all.One thinks he is fairly standard and alright for the Spfl the other just thinks he is a big huddy.

A big huddy that get's a Scotland game before Souttar, bizarre.

I think Clarke will drop him eventually, might be for Findlay (who is also a very good player) rather than Souttar.

I don't mind him going to Celtic at all, OF signings are not worrying me at all.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Lol, that’s nae how the song goes ;)

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tierney - £15m+

McKenna - £10m

Absolute madness. ?

Beyond madness.

£10 million for that big huddy. :cornette: