*** Official England v Scotland Match Thread ***

redm

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, gfpete said:

I watched the match and noticed that none of the ladies spat.....and surprisingly enough no rioting by the English fans!

They're obviously not talented enough to spit.

No segregation in the crowd either - what kind of football is that?? Ridiculous. Once there's fighting in the stands, only then do they deserve professional status.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stephen Muddie

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched it and quite enjoyed it. It's entertaining but not in the same way Liverpool v Barca was but it has it's place.

It should remain completely amateur though, they're simply not good enough to be called professionals.

If someone is willing to pay them enough money to make a living out of it and enough fans want to watch their matches (like the 16k yesterday in attendance and the millions watching on TV) then why should it remain amateur? ??‍♂️

Alex Kintner

Then by that reckoning the blind national team and the homeless national team can just decide to be professional.

And I agree that there are plenty shite professionals and the fact that not one women is good enough to make it in any male professional league speaks volumes.

You don’t think some of those players yesterday could get a game for Queen of the South or Rochdale? ?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, gfpete said:

I watched the match and noticed that none of the ladies spat.....and surprisingly enough no rioting by the English fans!

None of the ladies spat.......... 

:levein_interesting:

Bazzas right boot

Then by that reckoning the blind national team and the homeless national team can just decide to be professional.

And I agree that there are plenty shite professionals and the fact that not one women is good enough to make it in any male professional league speaks volumes.

If folk pay them enough then they could be tbh.

Professional just means it's a career. 

Womens tennis players are shite (compared to men) but still professional. 

Professional just means they'll do that as a job, market forces will dictate the pay. 

It's like saying players at Hearts shouldn't be professional because they are shite compared to Liverpool. 

In reality, Liverpool players just get paid far more, but both teams are professional, tho. 

7 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Think you’ll find that happened in the men’s team in 82 ffs!!!!!

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Exactly. Why cant you have a blind professional league? Of course you can.

Your second sentence is nonsense. Nobody is saying let the women in the men's game :lol:

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

You don’t think some of those players yesterday could get a game for Queen of the South or Rochdale? ?

100% not IMO.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

They have the technique but the physicality and power would do for them. Same as with tennis - Serena Williams is technically perfect, but a top 100 male would just blast her off the court imo

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If folk pay them enough then they could be tbh.

Professional just means it's a career. 

Womens tennis players are shite (compared to men) but still professional. 

Professional just means they'll do that as a job, market forces will dictate the pay. 

It's like saying players at Hearts shouldn't be professional because they are shite compared to Liverpool. 

In reality, Liverpool players just get paid far more, but both teams are professional, tho. 

Women's tennis is actually played differently from the men;s game and that makes it worth watching in its own right. Less power, but more finesse and variety in their play.

Women's football is generally played in exactly the same way as the men's, with the same tactics and approach (why wouldn't it be?) but that just magnifies the fact it is slower and a bit 'clumsier' at times. I enjoyed the Scotland v England game as an occasion and a contest but it was a bit like watching Soccer Aid at times. If women's football can maintain it's family-friendly vibe then it has a chance of growing into something huge.

Hackney Hearts

Would anyone pick Erin Cuthbert in place of Craig Wighton? (rules permitting)

Kim Little in place of Malaury Martin?

On the physicality aspect, bear in my mind that we've had fairly slight 16 year-old boys in the 1st team recently.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Maybe Scotland Ladies can swap places with the men for the WC qualifiers.

That would be too easy. We need a good struggle to qualify or not in the Scottish tradition ☺️

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Women's tennis is actually played differently from the men;s game and that makes it worth watching in its own right. Less power, but more finesse and variety in their play.

Women's football is generally played in exactly the same way as the men's, with the same tactics and approach (why wouldn't it be?) but that just magnifies the fact it is slower and a bit 'clumsier' at times. I enjoyed the Scotland v England game as an occasion and a contest but it was a bit like watching Soccer Aid at times. If women's football can maintain it's family-friendly vibe then it has a chance of growing into something huge.

Clumsy? 

You watched the men's team play???

It's definitely slower, but that's not a bad thing, like tennis it makes it slightly different to watch. 

It will never be elite, as the men will always be better but it doesn't mean it's not entertaining. 

Hearts are nowhere near Barca, but I still enjoy watching us. 

In fact, one of the most exciting games I've seen the season was Musselburgh Athletic winning a game 3-2.

Quality/ entertainment are two different things and not always connected, like you say it will grow and I'm glad we're on board as a club now. 

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Clumsy? 

You watched the men's team play???

It's definitely slower, but that's not a bad thing, like tennis it makes it slightly different to watch. 

It will never be elite, as the men will always be better but it doesn't mean it's not entertaining. 

Hearts are nowhere near Barca, but I still enjoy watching us. 

In fact, one of the most exciting games I've seen the season was Musselburgh Athletic winning a game 3-2.

Quality/ entertainment are two different things and not always connected, like you say it will grow and I'm glad we're on board as a club now. 

All very good points. Although I do feel the gap between Hearts and Barca will close next season.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

All very good points. Although I do feel the gap between Hearts and Barca will close next season.

If we stay relatively injury free, no reason why we can't catch Barca tbh. 

In fact, we should just watch Liverpool videos, apparently that will help us, do that All summer and we'll be skelping Barca 4-0.

Oh and press. That is also important. 

Piece of piss. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

On the physicality aspect, bear in my mind that we've had fairly slight 16 year-old boys in the 1st team recently.

Women can't run properly. 

In 5 sides we had a lass who was decent. not the worst player out of our pool. 

Then in summer On the outdoor pitch, Mince. Just run past her. 

It's a shame, but physically no where near even a young lad ( in general ofc, there are exceptions). 

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Watched a few minutes for shits and giggles and that is what I got. Great that they play but the standard is diabolical. The way the BBC raves about it you would think these teams are Ajax of the 1970s. I really object to people trying to talk this up as if in someway it is worthy of being on the same level as even boys juvenile.

Being based on merit is social justice, throwing equality at something purely based on the fact what sex they are is injustice. I see the English players want paid the same as their male counterparts. Give me a break. It is like someone playing chopsticks on a piano infront of 5 people and wanting the same money as Paul McCartney.

Equality of opportunity not outcome! Enough with this nonsense now it is becoming ridiculous. That been said, I support the women's game just not the billing it receives. Being able to play chopsticks on the piano does not make you Chopin or Mozart and I refuse to have someone tell me otherwise.

Give it a rest. We get it. You don't care about it. 

Good for you. You need not comment any further.

Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Women can't run properly. 

Unknown.jpeg.d13485033dbb789a52f4ec77e8bba58e.jpeg

Even at my peak, I wouldn't have beaten Flo Jo.

OmiyaHearts

I've watched almost no women's football prior to this tourney - but have watched every game so far. It's been decent and quite entertaining but the number of under-hit first-time passes is unreal. I appreciate women are built different to men, so it may be something to do with that. Who knows.

I think it should be played for 80 mins though. The lassies all look completely done-in in the last ten.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

If Cuthbert and Wighton were going for a 50/50, my money would be on Cuthbert winning that.

7 hours ago, gfpete said:

I watched it as well and saw plenty of it going on. The spitting part.

Better call Saul
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I also noticed none of them covered their bollocks in the wall.

burdz don't have bollocks mate 

Happy to help !  ?

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Hope this  is  a sarcastic comment that I have missed.

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That would be too easy. We need a good struggle to qualify or not in the Scottish tradition ☺️

Including beating the best in the world and losing to a diddy team in the process :rofl:

53 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

burdz don't have bollocks mate 

Happy to help !  ?

You have not seen some of my exes.

On a serious note My point seems to be lost.

The reason the chap never seen any spitting or fighting at the game is because it is the ‘ladies’ game.  The same reason you would not see them adjusting their gonads in their jock strap or protecting their manhood when Hot Shot Hamish toe pokes a belter right at you.  Ladies and men are very different.

I’d be disgusted if I saw a lady act like a man on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Maybe Scotland Ladies can swap places with the men for the WC qualifiers.

Couldn’t  do any worse!

Thought Emslie looked head and shoulders above the rest of the girls in our team. Talented lassie. England’s #7 was a very good player too.

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It was treated as it should have been. Hansen never played for Scotland again and that is now a clip on all the football bloomers videos. We are allowed to laugh though as they are men. Dare say anything about the women's game and you hate women seemingly.

Hansen never played for Scotland again......did he no?

I think it’s a shame that some men are so insecure about themselves, that they feel the need to try and attack women to feel better. It’s just my opinion, but I think it makes them the sort of socially inadequate ***** that you need to watch your female relatives around.

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think it’s a shame that some men are so insecure about themselves, that they feel the need to try and attack women to feel better. It’s just my opinion, but I think it makes them the sort of socially inadequate ***** that you need to watch your female relatives around.

Tell me, are you only allowed to comment on the ‘tidiness’ of the players or endlessly refer to Hope Solo’s pictures of you are generally in favour of the promotion of women’s football, because there is plenty of it on here. 

Nothing more socially inadequate than a bunch of old men drooling over girls playing sport. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tell me, are you only allowed to comment on the ‘tidiness’ of the players or endlessly refer to Hope Solo’s pictures of you are generally in favour of the promotion of women’s football, because there is plenty of it on here. 

Nothing more socially inadequate than a bunch of old men drooling over girls playing sport. 

You're going to have to help me out here. Have I commented on Hope Solo on here?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You're going to have to help me out here. Have I commented on Hope Solo on here?

I didn’t say you had. Who were you aiming your comment at?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Unknown.jpeg.d13485033dbb789a52f4ec77e8bba58e.jpeg

Even at my peak, I wouldn't have beaten Flo Jo.

As I said, there are exceptions. 

I'm not stronger or faster than every women on the planet, nor would I claim to be so. 

In general tho and relative to the persons training men are stronger and faster and in football it shows, it shows as soon as the hormones kick in. 

I think some Spanish amateur side thumping the women's wc champions and I remember some German tennis player destroying the Williams sisters (on court... ?), think he even admitted he had 4 pints before hand as well shows this. 

Biology, eh? 

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy a women's sport tho. 

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn’t say you had. Who were you aiming your comment at?

The people who make such comments. Thought I’d made that clear in my post. I’m confused here. Are you looking to be offended? ?

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

100% not IMO.

Agreed Hearts U16 boys team would hand out a drubbing to both Scotland and England.

Nookie Bear

Which comments are bothering you? The (unfunny) joke ones about women's places being in the home, or the “diving bitch” comment  on page 2 from someone who was getting into the game?

I might get into it more if we can use that kind of abuse at games, mind you. “Diving slag” - yep, I’m in !

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Which comments are bothering you? The (unfunny) joke ones about women's places being in the home, or the “diving bitch” comment  on page 2 from someone who was getting into the game?

I might get into it more if we can use that kind of abuse at games, mind you. “Diving slag” - yep, I’m in !

The comments that are designed to try and make the commentator feel better about themselves, by running down elite female athletes, because they lack the physical attributes to compete with men.

Men finding women attractive, doesn’t really bother me in the slightest.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The comments that are designed to try and make the commentator feel better about themselves, by running down elite female athletes, because they lack the physical attributes to compete with men.

Men finding women attractive, doesn’t really bother me in the slightest.

But the women’s game is always going to be compared to the male equivalent. It’s inevitable. 

By the way, it was one of the women’s games ‘supporters’ on here that said women cannot run, a truly ludicrous statement. 

ScandinavianJambo
9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Oof what a lot of b***. The Scottish league is not really world class, but on Kickback we still manage to have extremely negative opinions on the woman's game whilst cheering on 'our' boys. Most Scottish players don't get to play on the world stage (World Cup anyone?) so by your logic we should just have amateur football here then. OK sounds really reasonable... 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But the women’s game is always going to be compared to the male equivalent. It’s inevitable. 

By the way, it was one of the women’s games ‘supporters’ on here that said women cannot run, a truly ludicrous statement. 

Never said they can't run, or that is not what I meant. 

Many women would destroy me in a marathon for example , I couldn't run one. 

What I think I said, or what I meant is that they are slow compared to men, my 5 a side example I thought I conveyed that. 

On a football pitch, even at 40 I reckon I'd beat most women half my age in a run for the ball. 

Men with the same training and of the same age group would Litterally take the piss.

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the sport but it is a reason why men/ women won't mix at football. 

Tbh, they don't mix at tennis, boxing, martial arts, rugby, tennis, athletics for the same reason.-

Biology 

No reason football would be different.

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

20 hours ago, Homme said:

Lots to be positive from today. 

We can definitely qualify from the group. 

And Argentina 0 Japan 0 says we can. 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure if you are wanting me to change what I said slightly, so that it falls in to the category of the scenarios you are mentioning, but I am quite happy with what I posted. ?

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Argentina 0 Japan 0 says we can. 

Yep. Great result for us. 

I didn't see the game but BBC text said we have nothing to be scared of. 

Bazzas right boot

Good result that. 

Cannae help but think 3 teams will end up on 4 points and someone will be undone on goal difference. 

I wonder who? 

?