Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'll put money on him still being a better football player than her. Even at 70! ::troll::

Mate, you're probably right, but they want paid equally, apparently. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stephen Muddie
3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Really. I thought the standard was very poor. .... and this is supposed to be 2 of the top teams.

Ah, sorry. Maybe I should've been more clear. It's women's football, so I don't know if I've ever been blown away with the quality given I'm better than most of them, however I thought it was a good game, end to end, drama, lack of nippy VAR madness, a good atmosphere and some lovely bottoms on show. Disappointed with France though, some of their players never turned up at all.

132goals1958
11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Feck off Pearce with your England references

The quicker they get emptied the better so we don’t have to listen to that cringeworthy term the lionesses

Nookie Bear

It must be a sign of how far the women’s game has progressed that the Scots are assuming their natural position of praying for an England defeat. 

What a “nation” of bitches :rofl:

Maroon Sailor
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It must be a sign of how far the women’s game has progressed that the Scots are assuming their natural position of praying for an England defeat. 

That's what the English commentators and hosts do to you. Pearce excelled himself last night. Yank scores a goal and England is mentioned 2 seconds later !

John Motson was horriffic for it. Even when he was commentating on club football matches he couldn't help himself mentioning something to do with the England team

132goals1958
36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For what it is worth I am lending my support to England in the cricket world cup although I am getting a bit irked at Joe Root reminding all and sundry they are the best in the world. Talk about tempting providence.. The commentary team however provide a much better insight and a much more balanced opinion than their football counterparts.I have only watched the Scotland games as I lost interest when they exited. Not really an enthusiast of the women,s game but everyone to their own. 

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what the English commentators and hosts do to you. Pearce excelled himself last night. Yank scores a goal and England is mentioned 2 seconds later !

John Motson was horriffic for it. Even when he was commentating on club football matches he couldn't help himself mentioning something to do with the England team

40 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

For what it is worth I am lending my support to England in the cricket world cup although I am getting a bit irked at Joe Root reminding all and sundry they are the best in the world. Talk about tempting providence.. The commentary team however provide a much better insight and a much more balanced opinion than their football counterparts.I have only watched the Scotland games as I lost interest when they exited. Not really an enthusiast of the women,s game but everyone to their own. 

Couldn’t agree more. This elevation of Motson to some sort of commentating God statue is ridiculous as he is dreadful. 

The England cricket team are on he verge of becoming very dislikeable as well and the English public are getting tired of them. 

Anyway, was only a spot of bantz for a Saturday morning. :thumb:

Jonathan Pierce was I thought quite patronising to the women last night. Telling them off for going down easily for example. We await him doing that in the EPL next season. 

Anyway good games on today. 

Maroon Sailor

Have to say that fecker blowing his trumpet has been the best player in that first half

HT

Italy 0-0 Holland

The Internet
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jonathan Pierce was I thought quite patronising to the women last night. Telling them off for going down easily for example. We await him doing that in the EPL next season. 

Anyway good games on today. 

Don't get how that's patronising. It's patronising to not make a big deal of it like the pundits at half time who just laughed it off. 

Edit - not that I want to defend Pierce as he's a massive twat. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

John Findlay

Dutch beat the Italians 2-0 this afternoon. Germans and Swedes KO at half 5. Could have a German v Dutch semi final. Tasty.

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Dutch beat the Italians 2-0 this afternoon. Germans and Swedes KO at half 5. Could have a German v Dutch semi final. Tasty.

Soccer casualettes scrapping before the game ?

Perth to Paisley

From the games I have seen the first goal always goes to the team that eventually wins...is this just my experience or the reality 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

From the games I have seen the first goal always goes to the team that eventually wins...is this just my experience or the reality 

Sweden could break the trend

1-1

colinmaroon

Commentator seemed a bit more excited when Sweden scored than when the Germans did.

Plus, the virtual non-stop blether is a PITA.

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

100%

C'mon USA 

Appreciate meantime what this is doing for the game and will help us those Scots who get into the Olympics squad. 

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Commentator seemed a bit more excited when Sweden scored than when the Germans did.

Plus, the virtual non-stop blether is a PITA.

I wouldn't let it bother you Colin.  You have no idea how bad the Fox Sports commentary is here unless it's one of the games with Derek Rae.  A typical example from ex US womens' team member Ally Wagner.  "The German centre backs are letting the Swedish attackers run between them unless they run around the outside."  :tumbleweed:

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fans of team enjoy seeing their local rivals gubbed shock!

22 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:D Who actually watches this stuff. Women and children yes, Men? Must be when their wife's aren't home.

Anyway, If England win they win, good luck to them. But it's hardly 1966.

Something tells me an Englishmen would brag to anyone about winning the WWC. They'd get this :tlj::sniff::cornette::davebp:

Women's fitbaw :rofl:

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:D Who actually watches this stuff. Women and children yes, Men? Must be when their wife's aren't home.

Anyway, If England win they win, good luck to them. But it's hardly 1966.

Something tells me an Englishmen would brag to anyone about winning the WWC. They'd get this :tlj::sniff::cornette::davebp:

Women's fitbaw :rofl:

Ah, of course, I forgot about the old “we are out so the competition doesn’t even matter” line the Scots are so adept at using ^_^

It’s just a bit of football on the tv which is filling a gap in the close season. If England win...well done to them...but I’ll be switching off from the over-the-Top coverage the media will embark on. 

Maroon Sailor

Not sure what the Yanks are playing at not starting Rapinoe

Hopefully a cunning plan

Shanks said no
On 28/06/2019 at 22:05, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. And the fat twat Pearce can cry into his feckin microphone. 

Gibbering ponce.

This is the first game I have watched since the Scotland England game, been in Greece and they didn't seem to be showing it. 

Pearce is doing my head in after 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hope the US hammer then and then Sweden or whoever beat the USA

Erm... Cruyff Turn and you're saying Sweden or "whoever" ?  Pay attention laddie. ?

Edited by whodanny

Just now, Lovecraft said:

But England are gonna win the World Cup...............

It's the 8th women's World Cup.

1966 was the 8th men's World Cup.

Just in case that hasn't been mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye well the lard arsed toaly isn't so feckin smug now. 

Feckin twat featured cockwomble. 

The best right back in the world AWOL at the goal. 

Roond ye ya pony tailed boot.

Love it when you get things off your chest Jonno. ?