New home strip

Selkirkhmfc1874

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

You must be blocking out these efforts.

Those first two Adidas kits were just terrible cheapo off-the-rack teamwear pish.

Hearts_home_p.jpg

New-Hearts-Home-Kit-2012-13.jpg

hearts-home-shirt-2014.jpg

The first and third were awful, the middle one was ok but felt shit because it was just a template strip with very little thought to it. 

That first one is probably my least favourite kit of the last 20 years. That and the second hummel one actually.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Notts1874

• ...a bit disco

• PhoenixHearts

Maroon Sailor

Top and bottom ^^^^^^^ were 2 of the worst shirts in the history of the club

We haven't had many bad efforts though tbf

Edited by Maroon Sailor

On 31/05/2019 at 21:50, Artful Dodger said:

_42449750_michaelstewartstrip203.jpg.75ec131090b8ed3ce965e657cf8748de.jpg

Not great on multiple levels. 

Personally, I think this is the worst hit we've ever had. 

An absolute shocker, horrendous material, awful look and just generally shite. It's the only season I have never bought the kits from - the away shirt was even worse! 

Every time we launch a new kit, I mentally compare it to the monstrosity that you've put in your post.  Nothing has come close yet, although the Adidas shirts with the white panelling under the arms (12/13?) comes the closest. 

Edited by tian447

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

I liked the first Adidas one.

Yeah, it didn't particularly look that bad, but it was really uninspired and bland effort.

Until that point, Hearts had never really been considered a lowly enough club for cheap teamwear.

We'd always had bespoke kits til then. Championship kit aside, I'm so glad to be away from Adidas.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

An absolute shocker, horrendous material, awful look and just generally shite. It's the only season I have never bought the kits from - the away shirt was even worse! 

Every time we launch a new kit, I mentally compare it to the monstrosity that you've put in your post.  Nothing has come close yet, although the Adidas shirts with the white panelling under the arms (12/13?) comes the closest. 

I got both the home and away that season ?‍♂️. Home was long sleeve too. 

The white away with maroon pinstripes would have been a nice idea that season, but then either umbro/the club seemed really adamant on forcing the amber as a tertiary colour. It's a fine colour in our badge. Anywhere else? No thank you. 

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

An absolute shocker, horrendous material, awful look and just generally shite. It's the only season I have never bought the kits from

Agreed. Mikey is a throbber.

feedthefox

Football tops always look good on an athlete and always look a bit dodgy on everyone else. The v neck is certainly harder to get away with than the button up collar!! (I mean how can you wear a tie with it?)

Edited by feedthefox

Holyrood_Hearts
14 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

All three, monstrosities. 

Agreed. All far worse than this season’s effort by an absolute mile

LarrysRightFoot
42 minutes ago, farin said:

Managed to get this minus the wonga sponsor at the time, 1 of my favourite tops. ? 

BA23A565-9211-499C-96A1-AFA4520D39FE.thumb.jpeg.77cae7173061cb29fbdf2682ed0ef1e7.jpeg

Isn't one of the English clubs (possibly West Ham?) selling a version of their new top minus the sponsor?

GorgieFifeLife
7 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Lets face it, Wongo ruined pretty much every kit it was on. 

Put them on a hot wash then its Wonga no more. Just the outline.

2 hours ago, farin said:

Managed to get this minus the wonga sponsor at the time, 1 of my favourite tops. ? 

BA23A565-9211-499C-96A1-AFA4520D39FE.thumb.jpeg.77cae7173061cb29fbdf2682ed0ef1e7.jpeg

The best bar none. 

Unknown user
52 minutes ago, farin said:

It’s a close 2nd to this for me. ?? 

FC9A10EF-FA5D-4AEC-A8EB-A51F21214F05.thumb.jpeg.c2163a2237a0794d2cff4de58bc01b55.jpeg

Not bad, but not as good as...

Ce4laoyWsAEnaq2.jpg

J.T.F.Robertson
14 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

494E0DDA-0087-472E-A0BF-39C7B21DEE9F.thumb.jpeg.fab0924d909ccc2d1b14f6ff6fc6b23e.jpeg

"We've got"!

Grammaris horribilis. :whistling:

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

PhoenixHearts

I know the home was only released 4 days ago, but I'm already desperate to see the away and third!

I appreciate a good plain white kit or a reverse of the home as much as the next guy, but I'm a firm believer that you should alternate between sensible away kits one season, then more colourful and creative efforts the next. 

That said, don't see why they can't keep us all happy now that we have 3 kits on offer. Give the traditionalists a sensible away and use the third as an opportunity to drop acid.

Hell, I'd even take another roseberry. I'd certainly trust Umbro to do an even better job than Puma. 

letsalldothebeattie
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Like the new Barcelona top maybe an idea for the future? 

Not for me. I hate that Barca top they’ve brought out. They need to stick to the usual style

8 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I know the home was only released 4 days ago, but I'm already desperate to see the away and third!

I appreciate a good plain white kit or a reverse of the home as much as the next guy, but I'm a firm believer that you should alternate between sensible away kits one season, then more colourful and creative efforts the next. 

That said, don't see why they can't keep us all happy now that we have 3 kits on offer. Give the traditionalists a sensible away and use the third as an opportunity to drop acid.

Hell, I'd even take another roseberry. I'd certainly trust Umbro to do an even better job than Puma. 

Yeh I'd like an off the wall third kit as well. I love the classic shirts but it can me a bit samey. I'd only fork out this year for some left field as the away or 3re kit.

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not for me. I hate that Barca top they’ve brought out. They need to stick to the usual style

Dunno, over the last twenty years they have played about with the pattern a lot. Hoops, vertical stripes, harlequin, solid colour.

22 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Red, white and blue hoops?

23 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I agree about the alternating of colour with white for the away

I loved the Inter style blue and black from Asics - personally I'd like us to use those colours in our 'ajax' style shirts

Blue with a black panel perhaps. Or the other way. I would do a mock up but I'm terrible at such things :D

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

It’s an ugly kit, totally agree 

Samuel Camazzola
On 03/06/2019 at 18:43, farin said:

I've two of those bad boys. One was worn for fives. The other still all tagged and bagged. Beauties! 

3 hours ago, droid said:

Indeed.

Always said I’d like to see a change strip in homage to our pre-maroon days. 

Hectormasson

Proper hearts top ,not been a better one since...

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've got that too. ?

PhoenixHearts
8 hours ago, droid said:

I'm sure I've made a mock upon the past of a set of home and away hopped kits.

Can't remember where I've saved them, but the general idea was that the away was the "before" kit in white with thin maroon and light blue hoops and the home was the "after" which had a kind of two tone maroon on maroon hoops as if they've all washed together.

I know the original was red and blue hoops, but I thought I'd change it to maroon to tie it in a little better.

I'll post it if I can find it.

Cruyff Turn
11 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

1996080801.jpg

Make it so ??

Jambotommy
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1996080801.jpg

Make it so ??

You never know... Yellow seems to be the "in" colour at the moment... 

I quite like this design (current spurs).

Imagine this for an away shirt, replacing the blue at the at the bottom for maroon...

01_MHSS18-00002.jpg

Салатные палочки
6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1996080801.jpg

Make it so ??

That Red Star shirt is my favourite shirt of all time.  An absolute corker.  Lost out on one for under £30 on ebay last year and now I would be lucky to get one for under £100. 

...a bit disco

Rumours abound over a silver away or 3rd kit this time around.

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That Red Star shirt is my favourite shirt of all time.  An absolute corker.  Lost out on one for under £30 on ebay last year and now I would be lucky to get one for under £100. 

Unlucky mate. The Kappa shirts of that time in general were absolute classics. It is a beautiful top, people forgot they were once a great side before the CL became a closed shop. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Unlucky mate. The Kappa shirts of that time in general were absolute classics. It is a beautiful top, people forgot they were once a great side before the CL became a closed shop. 

I've got a black Monaco away shirt from late 90s/early 2000s by Kappa. Still has a classic look and the Kappa trim on the sleeve finishes it off well. 

Can't see us going to yellow. I think there's been too many Hibs and Celtic yellow numbers of late to consider us going for it.

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The CL absolutely destroyed European football for many countries. Horrible competition.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

The CL absolutely destroyed European football for many countries. Horrible competition.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:spoton:

Shite, eh? I’ve not watched a Champions’ League game in years. Could not give a **** who wins it now. Some countries’ Champions have to go through the same qualification matches as teams who finished fourth in England.

GTF! What a pile of utter bullshit. ?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Shite, eh? I’ve not watched a Champions’ League game in years. Could not give a **** who wins it now. Some countries’ Champions have to go through the same qualification matches as teams who finished fourth in England.

GTF! What a pile of utter bullshit. ?

Without a doubt. 

Money has utterly destroyed football as a level playing field. Destroyed the contrasting styles of football, destroyed everything Football was about.

They could save it by bringing in a 3 foreigner rule and opening it back up to Champions only, bringing back the CWC and spreading the wealth. 

I bet Red Star Belgrade have worse facilities and less cash than we do these days and they are former European Champs.

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Without a doubt. 

Money has utterly destroyed football as a level playing field. Destroyed the contrasting styles of football, destroyed everything Football was about.

They could save it by bringing in a 3 foreigner rule and opening it back up to Champions only, bringing back the CWC and spreading the wealth. 

I bet Red Star Belgrade have worse facilities and less cash than we do these days and they are former European Champs.

Reading my mind. The Elite Club Final in European, if not World Football, reduced to 2nd v 4th in the EPL? Nah, yer awright Rupert, not got any ****s to give. 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry
My lack of interest in English football.

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Reading my mind. The Elite Club Final in European, if not World Football, reduced to 2nd v 4th in the EPL? Nah, yer awright Rupert, not got any ****s to give. 

:rofl:true story. Even the giants in South America can’t compete. Ruined the entire game globally, all the Brazilian team now play like Europeans. It’s a feckin shitefest.

I just hope there’s some kind of split and they start their own league outside of UEFA where they can play their globetrotter games in India or China for megabucks infront of all their plastic supporters.  

LarrysRightFoot
11 hours ago, BRY said:

I quite like this design (current spurs).

Imagine this for an away shirt, replacing the blue at the at the bottom for maroon...

01_MHSS18-00002.jpg

That’s a horrible top. Their new one isn’t much better.

32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:true story. Even the giants in South America can’t compete. Ruined the entire game globally, all the Brazilian team now play like Europeans. It’s a feckin shitefest.

I just hope there’s some kind of split and they start their own league outside of UEFA where they can play their globetrotter games in India or China for megabucks infront of all their plastic supporters.  

I’d be in to that now. Might end up with some kind of bush league situation where there’s raw teams outside the elite.

11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Had no idea it was so rare, I've got one sitting up in the attic ?

Салатные палочки
21 minutes ago, Figo GMC said:

Had no idea it was so rare, I've got one sitting up in the attic ?

Screenshot_20190605-220616_eBay.thumb.jpg.a42ec78bd2e66b646f2576ed595f7f69.jpg