Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

So basically, the global franchise of Premiership/Champions League Marched into Edinburgh, took a wedge of cash and a percentage of our young supporters Hearts and minds and ****ed off. We're supposed to see this as a good thing?

We should be grateful. ๐Ÿ˜„

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought Police

I was given a spare ticket. Game was a classic pre-season friendly and Liverpool were murder. Napoli were a good watch. Half the tourists left when the Liverpool youngsters came on. I do think itโ€™s weird if kids are being raised to be bigger Liverpool fans than Hearts or Hibs fans

9 minutes ago, Independence said:

Great for the economy of Edinburgh/Scotland...whats not to like?

ย 

Plenty not to like. Read frankblackโ€™s post above. People who wouldnโ€™t be able to find Tynecastle or Easter Road with a satnav losing their shit about their favourite English team in a friendly. Would be comical if it wasnโ€™t so tragic. I wonder how much the economy of Edinburgh and Scotland benefits globally from plastic fans sitting at home watching their EPL team viaย their Sky subscription rather than going out to support their local team.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

ย 

Precisely.ย  I was there as a neutral to see some quality players.

ย 

Napoli impressed me and I applauded there play.ย  Some real quality in their team and Liverpool were lucky it wasn't 6.

ย 

There were a number of grown Scottish men fully kitted out getting upset over this.ย  On bus home I was talking to someone I knew about how much better Napoli were and some local bint shouted almost in tears about Mane, Salah and Firmino not playing.ย  That is your plastics for you.

ย 

Someone who gets it! ย Plastics getting upset over a spanking at a friendly, pleasing!

ย 

They wereย getting upset at you applauding Napoli in a friendly at a neutral venue?ย  Sad ****s.

ย 

Whatโ€™s the betting as well, all those folk getting upset at being called plastics are the first to call Celtic fans plastic Paddies?

All roads lead to Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Independence said:

Great for the economy of Edinburgh/Scotland...whats not to like?

I was in the town earlier and the pubs were doing well but a number had no football colours signs which I found a bit over the top given this was just a friendly. I expect those places lost out on easy takings.ย I have seen much more rowdy behavior around the city centreย when the rugby is on at the same venue.ย 

Regal Kingston
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

So basically, the global franchise of Premiership/Champions League Marched into Edinburgh, took a wedge of cash and a percentage of our young supporters Hearts and minds and ****ed off. We're supposed to see this as a good thing?

ย 

Quite right. We have the most Sky subscriptions per head in the UK and get one of the worst TV deals in Europe.ย 

ย 

Scots have been funding the tourist league since itsย inception.ย 

ย 

Society should shame these armchair w@nkers who would rather watch English football on the TV than attend a game in their own community.ย 

ย 

ย 

Phil Dunphy
11 hours ago, TurboT said:

So youย used to pretend to be Paul Scholes in the play ground? ย 

ย 

I tale it it youโ€™re a plastic but just donโ€™t get upset about it?

Only support one football club mate. Man Utd could be playing Real Madrid at a tenner a ticket and I still wouldnโ€™t go along.ย 

ย 

Paying ยฃ67 to go and watch an English B team? **** that :laugh:ย 

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

ย 

Quite right. We have the most Sky subscriptions per head in the UK and get one of the worst TV deals in Europe.ย 

ย 

Scots have been funding the tourist league since itsย inception.ย 

ย 

Society should shame these armchair w@nkers who would rather watch English football on the TV than attend a game in their own community.ย 

ย 

ย 

.......and I suppose we can close that circle by calling all those 'armchair w@nkers' 'NO' voters as well. !!! ย  ย Feckin sad

ย 

How come (apart from Germany) we have the highest per-capita football attendances then if they're in their houses watching English football?

ย 

How many 'PureBlood Jambos' got off their asses to watch the Weeย Jambos win the invitational tournament over the weekend? ย How often do we play the likes of Hibs, Arsenal, Motherwell, Brighton, etc....? ย  Wonder how many go along next year when the same tournament has the likes of Liverpool, Dortmund, Chelsea, OF, Barcelona, Man U, etc...?

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

.......and I suppose we can close that circle by calling all those 'armchair w@nkers' 'NO' voters as well. !!! ย  ย Feckin sad

ย 

How come (apart from Germany) we have the highest per-capita football attendances then if they're in their houses watching English football?

ย 

How many 'PureBlood Jambos' got off their asses to watch the Weeย Jambos win the invitational tournament over the weekend? ย How often do we play the likes of Hibs, Arsenal, Motherwell, Brighton, etc....? ย  Wonder how many go along next year when the same tournament has the likes of Liverpool, Dortmund, Chelsea, OF, Barcelona, Man U, etc...?

ย 

Because the vast majority of them choose their club based on religion and politics and fill Glasgowe's football stadiums?

Portable Badger
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

ย 

Because the vast majority of them choose their club based on religion and politics and fill Glasgowe's football stadiums?

There is that sadly

I went to game.Was on the staircase opp the team buses stopping so perfect view.After game klopp came over to the fans & I got a picture of him but only cos I asked him to smile ๐Ÿคฃ then he signed my cap.

Origi or whatever his name is was the only one to come up to the fans after the game.Got pic with trophy,but I was very Impressed with Napoli.I hear their manager has relatives who live in penicuik.

Both managers impressed by murrayfield & Klopp says it would be a great venue for a CL final.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, leginten said:

ย 

Plenty not to like. Read frankblackโ€™s post above. People who wouldnโ€™t be able to find Tynecastle or Easter Road with a satnav losing their shit about their favourite English team in a friendly. Would be comical if it wasnโ€™t so tragic. I wonder how much the economy of Edinburgh and Scotland benefits globally from plastic fans sitting at home watching their EPL team viaย their Sky subscription rather than going out to support their local team.

๐Ÿ‘

7 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

I went to game.Was on the staircase opp the team buses stopping so perfect view.After game klopp came over to the fans & I got a picture of him but only cos I asked him to smile ๐Ÿคฃ then he signed my cap.

Origi or whatever his name is was the only one to come up to the fans after the game.Got pic with trophy,but I was very Impressed with Napoli.I hear their manager has relatives who live in penicuik.

Both managers impressed by murrayfield & Klopp says it would be a great venue for a CL final.

We need more cap signing

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, rubyruby said:

ย 

They all went up to the fans in different areas. They had bags of souvenirs placed around the ground to hand out.ย 

3 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Agreed on the Fanzone. It mustโ€™ve made an absolute fortune on food & merchandise.

ย 

No one should be surprised at the lack of bar.ย  It is subject to the same laws as any football ground in Scotland when football is played there.ย  We can thank Hibs, Rangers, Sevco, and Celtic for that.

2 hours ago, rubyruby said:

ย 

Aww aye, I ken the wee Ancelottis. Lovely Scottish family

Holyrood_Hearts
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

ย 

No one should be surprised at the lack of bar.ย  It is subject to the same laws as any football ground in Scotland when football is played there.ย  We can thank Hibs, Rangers, Sevco, and Celtic for that.

I donโ€™t know if all the stewards were doing it, but I was advised there wasnโ€™t any bars at I entered the stadium.ย 

I stupidly and gullibly bought a ticket for this game and went yesterday. I left on 55 minutes. The circus rolled Into town, fleeced us all and then f**ked off. At least Napoli tried to make the game competitive and took their goals well. Two lads sat next to me with Liverpool scarves on didn't even know who Trent Alexander Arnold was. A bloke left early like me and was on my tram on the phone to his mate saying he left because "Mo wasn't playing". Programmes were a fiver a pop. The only good thing about it was I got to be amongst Liverpool fans singing you'll never walk alone........ Always wanted to experience that somewhere in the world even if it was a so called "glamour friendly". Won't be duped ever again unless it's Hearts playing one of these Circus acts

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

ย 

They all went up to the fans in different areas. They had bags of souvenirs placed around the ground to hand out.ย 

I'm talking about when they were leaving to get on the bus!ย 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

ย 

Aww aye, I ken the wee Ancelottis. Lovely Scottish family

I think they say it's his mother in law who married a Scot!

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, AW1 said:

I stupidly and gullibly bought a ticket for this game and went yesterday. I left on 55 minutes. The circus rolled Into town, fleeced us all and then f**ked off. At least Napoli tried to make the game competitive and took their goals well. Two lads sat next to me with Liverpool scarves on didn't even know who Trent Alexander Arnold was. A bloke left early like me and was on my tram on the phone to his mate saying he left because "Mo wasn't playing". Programmes were a fiver a pop. The only good thing about it was I got to be amongst Liverpool fans singing you'll never walk alone........ Always wanted to experience that somewhere in the world even if it was a so called "glamour friendly". Won't be duped ever again unless it's Hearts playing one of these Circus acts

You not experience them singing the ditty when we played them ๐Ÿค”

17 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

You not experience them singing the ditty when we played them ๐Ÿค”

Wasn't there at Anfield when we played them.ย 

AlphonseCapone

:rofl: the state grown men are getting into over what other folk done on a Sunday evening.ย