Was Berra caught out, or was it more about Haring being taken off

Deodato

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I just tried to edit my post but too late. Have just seen posts that he signalled to come off, fair enough hold my hands up I didn't see that. Maybe just a look of sheer frustration on his face. Not blaming CL or anybody they were all superb yesterday. 

Fair enough mate. He was definitely frustrated.

RustyRightPeg

Berra went away across onto Souttar's side of the field. Smith was covering so Souttar could've easily went to win the header. There was a massive gap as Hickey quite rightly started to follow Forrest out wide. I don't think Haring would've made much of a difference here.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hickey signalled and was left on. 

Don’t get your point? Guy was moaning about Haring being subbed. He gestured to the bench that he possibly needed subbed and had already been carrying an injury, so don’t see what the problem is. I’ve not been a great defender of Levein recently, but what is he meant to do? I was gutted when he went off, but if he’s not feeling right and it could be detrimental to the team, then get a sub on, that’s what they are there for. Sometimes folk just try and blame Levein for absolutely everything. 

On 25/05/2019 at 23:53, Thunderstruck said:

There was a minute or slightly more between the sub and the goal. There seemed to be a momentary lack of organisation as players shuffled round. That is the risk of making a sub when players are in a groove. In this case, it was a risk that had to be taken as Haring had been visibly struggling. 

I won’t be convinced that the header forward was anything other than a clearance but they got lucky. 

Some great comments on this thread, appreciate them all. I think Thunderstruck nails it with the post above. 

Pasquale for King
On 25/05/2019 at 21:05, Deodato said:

Abusing the benefit of hindsight here, but was the substitution of Peter Haring the underlying cause of that Celtic goal. 

It's easy to say Berra was at fault, but one of the reasons we were so tight up until that point was that Haring had that part of the pitch stitched up. 

Not saying Haring could have continued, that's a manager call, but simply to put any blame into context.

Two points: (1) A game of fine margins and (2) Haring was beyond immense. The substitution showed this, in my view. 

All that aside, a performance to be proud of. A club to be proud of.   

Eumir Deodato

image.png.49ce45c3b84beaf2d1d41ce54eb3a331.png

Haring being off meant Berra had to go forward to win the header, when the £9m cheat scored Berra immediately turned to Souttar who should’ve moved over to pick him up. 

Looked like a poor defensive line to me. Berra looked at the others as if he was looking for them to play an offside trap.