Well done, Ryan Edwards

tartofmidlothian

Right place right time and put in a massive effort.

If he is as determined as that to make it at Hearts them we definitely need to give him an opportunity next season.

The White Cockade

He’s been good since he got in the team Has pace and energy which we have been missing 

Mr Kipling

Played and worked for everything. Ran all over the pitch and pressed.

Even off the ball he was excellent, blocking players and generally making life difficult.

Madness it took so longfor him to get his place in the team, he seems like lightening in comparison to Olly Lee. 

Well done Ryan. 

RealMaroonCF

he could just be the next Ryan Stevenson...nothing expected but a player with grit, heart, energy who gets in all the right places......and plays with a smile in his face

He was beaming with his performance when he picked up his medal and rightfully so

Cruyff Turn

Thought he was excellent. Very Paul Hartley esq in the box to box midfielder sense. Played his way into our plans I’d imagine. 

To think he almost won us the Scottish Cup 6 months after the infamous Adam Hammil tweet... 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, communist said:

Madness it took so longfor him to get his place in the team, he seems like lightening in comparison to Olly Lee. 

Well done Ryan. 

Only levein knows why edwards didnt get a chance during the season.

Well done in a great performance today and May have gave him a squad place next season. 

But if we are to improve next season he can’t be in the plans. Energy a bit of pace and workfare is minimum requirements. We also need players that are cute in possession and better going forward.  

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Well done in a great performance today and May have gave him a squad place next season. 

But if we are to improve next season he can’t be in the plans. Energy a bit of pace and workfare is minimum requirements. We also need players that are cute in possession and better going forward.  

Eh?

Was probably our best player today

6 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Eh?

Was probably our best player today

Yes. I said that. 

We still need better quality if we are to improve next season.  Edwards could be a squad player but in no way will be any use to us at home or away against 9 other teams in the league. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Yes. I said that. 

We still need better quality if we are to improve next season.  Edwards could be a squad player but in no way will be any use to us at home or away against 9 other teams in the league. 

I dunno, movement, pace and energy is what we’ve been sorely lacking.

For those puzzled by his lack of opportunity to date (and this is from what I have heard.)

Edwards came to hearts in a bad place. He had endured a horrible season at Partick where they were relegated and he spent much of the season being played out of position. He was at a really low point mentally. He wasn't in any fit state to handle playing for hearts, not ability but confidence and state of mind. Which is why he was sent out on loan.

He's exactly what we were missing this season. Its got to be said, our Aussie lads have all been fantastic. All have first class attitudes and should definitely be a market we should focus recruitment around. 

Have we got any ex-players that live out there and fancy working as a scout? Seriously impressed with Ben, Oli and Ryan. 

Even if you extend it beyond that, McGowans obviously a good lad and Rogic and Mulligan both seem to have a great attitude. I don't now if its the sun or what, out that way but I want more Aussies in our team!

18 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

A bit harsh don't you think? If we were to apply that criteria we'd be excluding half of our team.

NaturalOrder74

Not far away from a cup winning goal, a lot further than a disappointing signing who disappeared for ages, makes you wonder where he’s been all season when we’ve been struggling 

Jambo 4 Ever
42 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

To think he almost won us the Scottish Cup 6 months after the infamous Adam Hammil tweet... 

What tweet was that?

I think he was great today, the focal point of our midfield. 

Very well done, a good performance, a great first goal for us, and shows promise for next season. 

It's taken a while for him to get up and running, but he's looked good so far! Happy for him to continue to get a run out from now on! 

Was brilliant and deserved his goal

Happy to see him feature in the team next season, looks like he can offer a lot when we need it

Bazzas right boot

Finished well. 

We'll miss Djoum, proper midfielder. 

Boy was class today. 

Team played well. 

Need to see the goals, Bobby didn't look great at either. 

Absolute Scenes
34 minutes ago, Bauld said:

For those puzzled by his lack of opportunity to date (and this is from what I have heard.)

Edwards came to hearts in a bad place. He had endured a horrible season at Partick where they were relegated and he spent much of the season being played out of position. He was at a really low point mentally. He wasn't in any fit state to handle playing for hearts, not ability but confidence and state of mind. Which is why he was sent out on loan.

That actually makes a lot of sense

really feel for the guy especially today, did so well and for him of all people to score probably did wonders for him mentally wise. 

Hope he stays and plays

15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What tweet was that?

St Mirren tweeted Adam Hammils 40 yarder against us and Ryan Edwards retweeted it with the caption "?

It ruffled a few feathers and some even claimed he should've been sacked for it :lol:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Excellent today. Keep him for next season. Every great team has a Duracell battery.

Delighted for him. If there was someone on the pitch that deserved a goal for effort today it was him!

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Only levein knows why edwards didnt get a chance during the season.

Others that watched countless reserve games from Jan onwards also know why he never got a chance until very recently. 

Nookie Bear
45 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I am not sure how sending him out on loan to a team that was always be struggling is going to either boost his confidence or prepare him for playing for Hearts. 

Clare was allowed to play through his troubled settling period, wasn’t he?

I like Edwards and the comparison someone made with Ryan Stevenson is a good one.

1 hour ago, normando said:

Treated poor by club like several others 

Maybe he needed a kick up the backside to get up to standard - are you one of the coaches? Do you know how they trained?

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am not sure how sending him out on loan to a team that was always be struggling is going to either boost his confidence or prepare him for playing for Hearts. 

Clare was allowed to play through his troubled settling period, wasn’t he?

I like Edwards and the comparison someone made with Ryan Stevenson is a good one.

It seems to have worked from what I saw today.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It seems to have worked from what I saw today.

We have been needing that energy and drive loooong before today. 

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

A bit harsh don't you think? If we were to apply that criteria we'd be excluding half of our team.

Exactly. We need ball players if we are to improve. I am utterly tired of the we need energy and aggression chat.  Surely every team and every player needs that. Minimum requirement. 

To be fair he has done enough in last month to be in the squad next season. 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Yes. I said that. 

So you want an entirely new team next season?

No but attacking midfield is crucial if we are to improve. 

I think we are both agreeing that he is worth a spot in the squad. Or are you genuinely trying to tell me that Edwards is going to push us forward next season as our starting attacking midfielder? 

35 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Exactly. We need ball players if we are to improve. I am utterly tired of the we need energy and aggression chat.  Surely every team and every player needs that. Minimum requirement. 

To be fair he has done enough in last month to be in the squad next season. 

Yes, perhaps it’s the minimum requirement, but we have been missing it all the same.