Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Thomaso

• graygo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Future's Maroon

Pretty much what she said on Football Focus last week.

Seemed to be quite a lot of mixed messages tbh

CL will walk if he thinks he’s part of the problem but Budge willing to act if she needs too

this season not good enough but happy to take semi, a final and 6th

this season not good enough but not planning for many transfers

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Seemed to be quite a lot of mixed messages tbh

CL will walk if he thinks he’s part of the problem but Budge willing to act if she needs too

this season not good enough but happy to take semi, a final and 6th

this season not good enough but not planning for many transfers

would you take a 4th finish or would you take a 6th finish with a league cup semi and a Scottish cup final?

I think it all boils down to Saturday really. Win and it’s been a very good season, lose and it’s been a bad season, but probably not bad enough for Levein to get sacked, although I believe he should be if we lose. It does put huge pressure on him for next season regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

would you take a 4th finish or would you take a 6th finish with a league cup semi and a Scottish cup final?

Regardless of cup form I’ll never be happy with a 6th place finish in the league

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:rofl:

Already looking forward to next season.

Exciting to think that seventh place or lower is now within our grasp.

Durham Jambo

The main problem I see with the article is that it says a cup win would make everything great.  I think that winning the cup would be a great achievement, however all the teams we've played so far we should beat.  A one off win against Celtic wouldn't change what has been a pretty horrendous last six months.

If we lose Levein should go, and if we win he should use the chance himself to retire gracefully from management.  We need a change of direction on the pitch.

Off the pitch, I can't disagree with the article.  The club is being run in a way that ensures that it will never again be in danger of going bust. 

better_call_saul
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Sounds to me like she's firmly in Levein's back pocket. 

Front pocket more like. 

Are we seriously going to be spouting this argument on the eve of a Final?  Seriously?? GAL.  

FarmerTweedy
17 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Article on BBC with an interview from Budge who states Levein isn’t bombproof. However, then goes on to say she doesn’t believe it’s been a bad season and we are expecting a quiet summer transfer wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296

It's almost as if we've got a cup final tomorrow and she doesn't want to say stuff that will have the media full of speculation about our manager's future and claims that he needs to win to save his job!

Honestly, WTF do be people actually expect her to say at the current time?

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Sounds to me like she's firmly in Levein's back pocket. 

I didn't read that at all. I'm less inclined to think a decision has been made to part ways than I was. It looks like he might see out his contract but she was really clear he isn't bullet proof. 

Anyway, I'd rather focus on tomorrow than stirring up shit.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I didn't read that at all. I'm less inclined to think a decision has been made to part ways than I was. It looks like he might see out his contract but she was really clear he isn't bullet proof. 

It’s unfortunate that she’s taken until now to address the various issues tbh.

innerjambo
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I also think that he will be allowed to make his own decision. She actually thinks he's doing fine and we're on track, albeit a bit unhappy at finishing 6th. She's probably bomb proof herself, so they make a fine couple imo. Craig Levein reminds me of Theresa May, he will out stay his welcome at Tynecastle, making it a miserable place, and he will end up blotting his copy book big time by  the time he's forcibly thrown out.

Quiet summer in footballing terms but plenty innovation projects to keep us pioneers of cultural and community cohesion to keep the appetite moist. Can't even bear to look at the woman nowadays.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Quiet summer in footballing terms but plenty innovation projects to keep us pioneers of cultural and community cohesion to keep the appetite moist. Can't even bear to look at women nowadays.

FTFY

letsalldothebeattie

Pretty much what she said on football focus last weekend. Was nice to hear her say that but I wonder if she’s just saying that to please some of the fans and she thinks otherwise behind closed doors

She is clearly not going to rock the boat before a cup final.

Levein knows he hasn't been good enough. Budge knows too.

I'm sure there will be changes in the summer.

Ron Burgundy
17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Are we seriously going to be spouting this argument on the eve of a Final?  Seriously?? GAL.  

Do you think discussing things on here might affect the result tomorrow? seriously?

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I also think that he will be allowed to make his own decision. She actually thinks he's doing fine and we're on track, albeit a bit unhappy at finishing 6th. She's probably bomb proof herself, so they make a fine couple imo. Craig Levein reminds me of Theresa May, he will out stay his welcome at Tynecastle, making it a miserable place, and he will end up blotting his copy book big time by  the time he's forcibly thrown out.

Well we clearly view things differently. I just think she is savvy enough not to create an unnecessary distraction the morning before a cup final.

But if that is what you want to focus on today then that says a lot about where your your priorities lie

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Publicly, perhaps. I am in no doubt CL and AB have discussed how unsatisfactory our league form has been regardless of the circumstances. Lets concentrate on the final before we turn our attention to what changes are needed

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Another rational piece that will bother irrational people.

For the View from the Terrace lads looking in, aspire to be Tom English. Gets his ducks in a row and writes proper football articles

Ann is clueless. Doesn't she realise the need for urgency before someone else hoovers up Jose Mourinho, Andre Villas-Boas, Rafa Benitez, Chris Hughton and David Moyes?

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Article on BBC with an interview from Budge who states Levein isn’t bombproof. However, then goes on to say she doesn’t believe it’s been a bad season and we are expecting a quiet summer transfer wise.

Makes sense to say that about transfers.  If folk think we're desperate then wages and transfer fees will go up.  

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Article on BBC with an interview from Budge who states Levein isn’t bombproof. However, then goes on to say she doesn’t believe it’s been a bad season and we are expecting a quiet summer season ticket wise.

FTFY 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Regardless of cup form I’ll never be happy with a 6th place finish in the league

What about 2012?

Brighton Jambo

I think the article is spot on.  There are a number of people on here that shout, loudly, that she doesn't know how the fans feel, that she is oblivious to any negativity surrounding Craig etc.  They can all now be quiet, she gets it, Craig gets it, they hear the abuse and the views but right now they simply don't agree.

Also interesting the comment that as much as our fans can inspire the team at Tynecastle they could also inhibit the team when turning on the team.  Of course all the usual voices will shoot me down and say if the team was performing we would blah blah but maybe just maybe we need to reflect on the fact that we could and should do more to help the team at home.  But that wont support the agenda though will it?

Bazzas right boot

Transfers is all about 3/4 good signings. 

That makes sense. 

The cup record has saved CL possibly, with the injuries  being a mitigating factor well. 

Also, it may be that a suitable/ better replacement isn't there. 

Changing CL for McCann or Hartley is hardly a guarantee of success. 

The names mentioned on here are either way out of our league or worse. No one stands out to me. Clarke was the only one, along with O'Neil but they are too expensive. 

Funny enough, if Robbie gets Utd promoted then he'd also be getting mentioned on there if he hadn't all ready been with us!

Better to build than to hit the restart button, again with a manager that hasn't done much. 

Obviously a cup win means the season has been a success so CL will have time. 

A cup win would at leat unite the support (most) in giving him time. 

The transfers are key, need 3/4 good players not 1 good player and 6 gambles. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, newbie said:

Ann is clueless. Doesn't she realise the need for urgency before someone else hoovers up Jose Mourinho, Andre Villas-Boas, Rafa Benitez, Chris Hughton and David Moyes?

???

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ffs

Really? 

You don't think the concerns have been addressed in private? 

Do you really think this is the first time they've talked about such issues? 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

FTFY

?????

Jambof3tornado

Our financial results will be good. Spoken like a true businessperson.

Nothing to get flustered about in her comments though.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Quiet summer in footballing terms but plenty innovation projects to keep us pioneers of cultural and community cohesion to keep the appetite moist. Can't even bear to look at the woman nowadays.

Wow.

10 minutes ago, jake said:

Wow.

To me, she is becoming more insufferable by the day.  I see right through her.  She craves the limelight.  We will just have been pumped in the league (yet again) and she will be out in the media on the Monday with her big smile telling us how wonderful our club is as we pioneer some new initiative.  Obviously making her look great in the process.

Ask the average person who any of the diddies are who play for us and they will struggle but by eck they will all know ‘Queen Ann’.   It is the Ann Budge show, Tynecastle is her fortress and this is becoming more and more ‘her story’.

She thinks we are doing well, give me a break!  Past 4 seasons has seen us finish worse than the one before.  Fans are filled with apathy (cup final ticket sales prove this).

I always said I would never let a woman come inbetween me and my love and passion for HMFC.  I was wrong, it has happened.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To me, she is becoming more insufferable by the day.  I see right through her.  She craves the limelight.  We will just have been pumped in the league (yet again) and she will be out in the media on the Monday with her big smile telling us how wonderful our club is as we pioneer some new initiative.  Obviously making her look great in the process.

Ask the average person who any of the diddies are who play for us and they will struggle but by eck they will all know ‘Queen Ann’.   It is the Ann Budge show, Tynecastle is her fortress and this is becoming more and more ‘her story’.

She thinks we are doing well, give me a break!  Past 4 seasons has seen us finish worse than the one before.  Fans are filled with apathy (cup final ticket sales prove this).

I always said I would never let a woman come inbetween me and my love and passion for HMFC.  I was wrong, it has happened.

? 

Edited by jake

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OmiyaHearts
59 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I would take relegation and winning the SC every time 

What if we win the cup 3 years in a row? ?

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

'I see right through her' :lol:

Dwight schrute over there. 

jock _turd

Seriously ? I think it is a measure of just how bad the season has been and how the fans are divided that something like this has been posted the day before we play a cup final.

Vitriol?   Nastiness?

If we lose tomorrow,   this will go superfly TNT.    Maybe even straight after the final whistle.

Edited by Victorian

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Mate I'd bet that Ann Budge wishes she hadn't bothered more than she craves the limelight.

Cut The Crap

Not a lot to look forward to based on Dr Budge's assessment.

Yes, we finished 6th, but that was only due to a freakishly good start. Our form since the end of October would have seen us easily bottom six and possibly worse.

To assert that it will have been a good season if we win a one-off cup game seems akin to papering over some very sizable cracks.