Suggestions how to get through the next 48 hours

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I haven't been bad all week. But now I just want to get my top and my scarf on and go to the game. 

Sure I am not alone. Any suggestions to help. Nothing else on my mind any longer 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Legend Claws

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick James

I've more or less shunned it out completely. Being on holiday helped. First day back at work today should keep me busy. Tomorrow I'll go out for some dinner and a couple of pints to keep me focused, and then Saturday I'll get in the mood.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I haven't been bad all week. But now I just want to get my top and my scarf on and go to the game. 

Sure I am not alone. Any suggestions to help. Nothing else on my mind any longer 

I'm gonna do a couple of laps jogging round the Figgy Park tomorrow. Its the only way I'm gonna burn off the energy to manage sleep on Friday night. This is the first cup final I've ever attended anywhere (I don't count non league regional Cup finals in both Scotland and England that I've gone to) ............ I'm allowed to be overly excited. 

letsalldothebeattie

I haven’t been too bad in terms of thinking about the final too much this week. Works seen me through. Saying that now that it’s thursday and final is so bloody close now I’m finding my mind wandering to Saturday and what could be. I’ve already said to everyone at work why’s it not Saturday twice today. Christ knows what I’ll be like tomorrow 

NaturalOrder74

Back shift today and Friday, night try and deprive myself of sleep tonight so I have a fighting chance of getting to sleep tomorrow night, night before a final is torture 

Just now, AW1 said:

I'm gonna do a couple of laps jogging round the Figgy Park tomorrow. Its the only way I'm gonna burn off the energy to manage sleep on Friday night. This is the first cup final I've ever attended anywhere (I don't count non league regional Cup finals in both Scotland and England that I've gone to) ............ I'm allowed to be overly excited. 

Let's hope your a good luck omen for your first final then. The St mirren league Cup is the only final defeat I've been present for. Anything can happen, c'mon the hearts! 

doctor jambo

I will do what I always do for these games. shake, cry and spend ours on the toilet.

NOt sure why I go TBH as I'm always so nervous I never enjoy them

Matthew Le Tissier

Working today and tomorrow, finish at 10pm tomorrow night so thankfully it will take my mind off things a wee bit.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I have been nervous constantly since Monday. It comes and goes in waves of intensity, but it has been pretty much non stop. 

I dread to think what I'll be like tomorrow.

Edited by Hartleys_Jam_Tart

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Go to the gym

Am i the only one that isn't nervous, doesn't really care about and generally would rather be at home watching it?

I know its a final but recent weeks have shown we just aren't in a good place at moment, yes its a final and yes should be buzzing, but as it stands, i'm just not. 

Hoping this changes Saturday morning when heading for bus! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't even say I'm nervous. Just in a hurry to get to the day to be honest. Unlike you though I am absolutely buzzing. 8 years, 6 years and now 7 years between finals, form means absolutely nothing. The good lady is going to Hampden and we are all going with her, regardless of form

4 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Am i the only one that isn't nervous, doesn't really care about and generally would rather be at home watching it?

I know its a final but recent weeks have shown we just aren't in a good place at moment, yes its a final and yes should be buzzing, but as it stands, i'm just not. 

Jean Louis Valois

Woke up at 4am the past 2

mornings with nervous excitement for Saturday. A week ago I wasn’t fussed, can’t wait now. Nothing beats a cup final day.

It's a good question.

Everyone is different. I go a bit low key on it last couple of days. You could do something different like go to cinema to put mind elsewhere. 

All the preparation has been done. Just need to set the alarm for Saturday. 

I pretty much avoid the build up apart from some websites. Too much of Celtic. 

Once on train, then at pub it builds up again. Seeing the team, getting to the ground.

Then the whistle goes. 

16 minutes ago, PB21 said:

I’m just leaving that phase, come and join us. Feck it, man, we’re in it, let’s win it!!! 

I’m sitting listening to my Cup Final 2012 playlist and thinking of a few additional songs that might be suitable for Saturday. Canny wait noo...?

Hectormasson

Havnt stopped worrying about the final for past fortnight ' now  the time has come to try and have actual confidence " that we can go out and try and win this cup !    " by the light, of the silvery moon" ??????????????????????????????

I’ll be a bag of nerves right up until kick off then it’s all about the first 20 mins.

Nervous excitement has hit me today.

Cannae wait.

Got a quiz night in Dalkeith to keep me occupied tonight but tomorrow night there is zero chance of sleep.

Edited by Gambo

Legend Claws

Had to give up my ticket. Wife now 4 days overdue. In 2012, she was 10 days overdue by final day. I went. We all know what happened. Sweet, sweet humiliation of Hibs. I got back from Hampden and she went into labour at 11pm. The wee man held on for me. Good lad. 

This is our 3rd and I suspect it will happen fast, so can't go. Be weird watching a final on the TV, or even potentially on my phone in the hospital!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

Had to give up my ticket. Wife now 4 days overdue. In 2012, she was 10 days overdue by final day. I went. We all know what happened. Sweet, sweet humiliation of Hibs. I got back from Hampden and she went into labour at 11pm. The wee man held on for me. Good lad. 

This is our 3rd and I suspect it will happen fast, so can't go. Be weird watching a final on the TV, or even potentially on my phone in the hospital!

I feel your pain. But you are going to have a great day come what may

:thumbsup:

Trying not to think about it. Signing into here doesn't help. I was more confident in 2012. But as long as I keep busy them I won't think about it. Friday wiĺl be a different matter altogether.

BelgeJambo

I have achieved the square root of **** all this week at work

longest week of the year FFS

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Beer , Beer and more Beer

If only I could :sadrobbo:

the jambo poet
16 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

This.

started the week low key now I'm counting the minutes...can think of nothing else

Fort Vallance

At 4 or 5 lost finals in a row before 1998. Thought we had a chance in most of them. Went to 98 more in hope than expectation and look how that turned out ! Feeling the same this time. Enjoying the build up with little pressure. However no doubt I'll be all over the place by this time tomorrow. 

Calebs Grandad
58 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

Hope all goes well and young Berra arrives safe and sound. 

Finlay James

I love and hate cup final week in equal measure.  I love the buzz but hate how long it takes for Saturday to come round!

I leave tomorrow, train from Peterborough to Waverley, dinner with mates tomorrow night and few pints.  I will not sleep tomorrow, that's for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

This might help ?

Been there done it Skippy :)

Bazzas right boot

Probably just crank up the masturbating frequency. 

Be tough, but I do like a challenge. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Mrs May.....

sidjamesbottle
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I will do what I always do for these games. shake, cry and spend ours on the toilet.

NOt sure why I go TBH as I'm always so nervous I never enjoy them

Your a doctor prescribe yourself something !

been here before

Been off today with the wee man due to the elections. Nipped over to North Queens to watch HMS Queen Elizabeth sailing from Rosyth under the 3 bridges- its big.

Working tomorrow but will probably finish sharp. Cognac to dull the excitement.

Heading to Tynecastle soon to get him a big foam hand for Saturday. Maybe a jesters hat too. Apologies in advance if you're next to us on Saturday.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

We're winning this so I'm just looking forward to 2 great day and nights out

The club seem pretty confident.

All the details of what is happening on Saturday night and Sundays parade etc. are on official website.

Starting the parade at 3pm at the city chambers ?

Seems quite late, sure the last 3 have been a lot earlier IIRC

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The club seem pretty confident.

All the details of what is happening on Saturday night and Sundays parade etc. are on official website.

Starting the parade at 3pm at the city chambers ?

Seems quite late, sure the last 3 have been a lot earlier IIRC

Maybe giving as much time as possible for marathon-related stuff to clear, and for some cops to get back into town from the race route

3 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

If I was in your shoes i'd be more worried about trying to convince the wife that Dikamona Sean Ikpeazu is an appropriate name for a wee girl!

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Maybe giving as much time as possible for marathon-related stuff to clear, and for some cops to get back into town from the race route

True, forgot about the marathon TBH

OBAN JAMBO

Back tomorrow from Tenerife early hour Saturday morning couple off hours kip then down to the bridges for Tenerife Hearts bus, lovely jubbly