Tierney

doctor jambo

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

A nice early robust challenge on him might hamper him a bit or at least make him sh*t himself a bit.

Only trouble will get an early booking from Mr Collum

Aye kick him right in the inguinal!!

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He absolutely dominated him in the 1-0, so it could help us get the ball in the box from wide areas. One of our multitude of prolific strikers could then slot them home.

? One hopeful sign was how quickly Clare, Edwards and Mulraney were up supporting Wighton for Mulraney's goal on Sunday. We need 90 minutes of that sort of running, pressing and supporting basically to have a chance.

williebauld00

Watched him when Celtic played Aberdeen.

He's a cracking player however he was useless that day.

Could barely run.  A real weak link for them in the final.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

? One hopeful sign was how quickly Clare, Edwards and Mulraney were up supporting Wighton for Mulraney's goal on Sunday. We need 90 minutes of that sort of running, pressing and supporting basically to have a chance.

Imagine Levein, Clare, Edwards, and Wighton all with nice shiny Cup winners’ medals on Sunday? Would be delightful. Coming on here would be absolutely tremendous reading. ?

Tierney hasn't responded to the emergence of Andy Robertson very well. Everyone was singing Tierney's praises until Robertson went to Liverpool. He should be desperate for a move south or to do well for Scotland to try to get to that level. Seems to be happy coasting at Celtic so we may never know how good he is.

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

So he is committed enough to play injured for that lot but not for his country. Exactly the type of character who should be nowhere near national set up.

Not unreasonable in my opinion. I doubt that anyone who has  not been high level athlete would understand the commitment and pain that these folk go through. Haring has been playing through pain for most of the season and had to take a rest eventually. Andy Murray likewise.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Not unreasonable in my opinion. I doubt that anyone who has  not been high level athlete would understand the commitment and pain that these folk go through. Haring has been playing through pain for most of the season and had to take a rest eventually. Andy Murray likewise.

If he is willing to play through for his club he should be even more willing for his country.  He could have had op weeks ago if he is so concerned for his long term fitness.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Joint top squealer in Scottish football along with Lustig

anyone goes within a yard of them they fly through the air squealing like a pig

like Christie

i wish jj was my dad

Will never understand anyone not wanting to play for their country. 

I really hope Uche batters him. 

Don't think Tierney is doing much wrong.

Playing briefly through the pain to (try and) win his team a trophy in the last game of the season.

Immediately after that he's going for an operation at the time of year when it will effect his playing (for club or country) the least.

5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hopefully playing with a hernia can hamper him a bit.

Broonaldo has a broken toe as well - even if he plays that is just asking to be 'accidentally' trodden on by 1 our players early doors.

Jamie Brandon had one job on Sunday past when he came on as a sub.

Cabbage Callum MacGregor.

Failed.

Not sure we are up for the sneaky side of things.

Edited by DETTY29

Hearts_fan
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Doc: "You need to rest"

Celtic player: "Fine, I'll have one when Scotland are playing so it doesn't affect my schedule"

Edited by Hearts_fan

Tierney is right up there as one of the players I dislike most in football.

One of these guys that kicks the opponent when clearing his lines, jumps up in the air, squealing like a little piglet, stays down until opposition player yellow carded, then jumps up nothing wrong with him.

Last season I was listening to the 3-1 defeat on the radio, heard him squealing in a tackle and Hearts player booked.  Christ even Bonner said there was nothing in it.

Now I know loads of players do  it, but he has this saintly aura about him when in reality he's a ****.

At Scotland anyway, give me Roberston ahead of him any day in terms of both ability and his enthuastic get on with the game in a non-****ish way.

Just behind Brown in the most hated race . 

The kind of face you would never tire of punching .

Surprised he couldn't dig up an Irish grandparent from somewhere  to play for tbh . 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Jamie Brandon had one job on Sunday past when he came on as a sub.

Cabbage Callum MacGregor.

Failed.

Not sure we are up for the sneaky side of things.

Yeah, where's Kenny Black when your need him!:D

Missed training today along with Brown and Simunovic.

Expect they'll all be there but an early dunt to each should be good enough :D

Somebody needs to kick him right on his horrible wee mhanky vagina in the warm up.

Inch Hearts

Over rated because he’s one of the bhoys (whatever the feck that means) I hope he plays as he’s fecked. Switch Mulraney and play him directly against him. It would also stop him going forward too. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Over rated because he’s one of the bhoys (whatever the feck that means) I hope he plays as he’s fecked. Switch Mulraney and play him directly against him. It would also stop him going forward too. 

You don't know over rated til you've sat in a Dutch pub with a Celtic fan telling a room full of Ajax fans "now Tierney, he's a proper footballer"

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You don't know over rated til you've sat in a Dutch pub with a Celtic fan telling a room full of Ajax fans "now Tierney, he's a proper footballer"

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot

Nothing wrong with getting an op in the preseason tbh. 

I'd want any Hearts player to do the same if in that position. 

Pretty common. 

Robertson is first choice anyway and unlike McLeish, Clarke won't shoe horn him in at centre defence. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Done that at Tynecastle 1st game and should again. 

Only works in a 442 tho. 

mulleted_jambo
18 hours ago, Glottis said:

Don't think Tierney is doing much wrong.

Playing briefly through the pain to (try and) win his team a trophy in the last game of the season.

Immediately after that he's going for an operation at the time of year when it will effect his playing (for club or country) the least.

If it was the first time maybe. He pulled out the last squad and played for celtic either side of the break and we ended up getting humped by Kazakhstan. Incidentally Shinnie had a shocker at left back so we could have done with him. 

Robbo-Jambo

He is saying in the papers that he is in constant agony.

If that is the case he is obviously not fit.

Give him a dull one early on to test him and hopefully he will be pretty ineffective.

On 22/05/2019 at 15:30, doctor jambo said:

Has declared himself fit for the final but will miss the Scottish qualifiers after.

Eh?

And you call yourself a doctor...

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Struggles with eating ice cream.

212A0550-130E-40C7-8C21-5A38DC1BD38E.jpeg

Bookaki