Glastonbury 2008

Chris Evans

Pete Seeger

Ferk off Rufus. Does anyone actually want to see this pleb. Get the Verve back on.

ToadKiller Dog
Ferk off Rufus. Does anyone actually want to see this pleb. Get the Verve back on.

Verve are on bbc2 ,was disappointed with the urban hymns album when it came out always thought they were a band that never lived up to what they could have been.

Seen The Verve in the early days however I was a bit disappointed with them tonight.

It was an OK performance.

heartgarfunkel

really enjoyed the verve. Ashcroft and the boys did the biz. A bit of black grape c.1996 would finish it off nicely for me:dribble:

Pete Seeger
Long live the Verve.

The greatest band of my generation still going.

It's pretty hard to disagree with that. It's just a shame they split up so early.

Of all the bands I saw over the weekend, Manu Chao had to be the best. Cracking mixture of latin, reggae and thrashy punk stuff. Had the crowd going mental in the middle of the afternoon!

Long live the Verve.

The greatest band of my generation still going.

:chortle:

As for The Verve, it is great to see McCabe back. The classic Verve lineup is fantastic, Simon Jones is an excellent and extremely cool bass player, but last night he was singing every song with Ashcroft. Not normally his style but it showed how much they enjoyed it.

I was discussing with Mrs Musemic that it is a few weeks short of 13 years since I saw that band play tremendously at TITP and implode onstage.

:chortle:

As for The Verve, it is great to see McCabe back. The classic Verve lineup is fantastic, Simon Jones is an excellent and extremely cool bass player, but last night he was singing every song with Ashcroft. Not normally his style but it showed how much they enjoyed it.

I was discussing with Mrs Musemic that it is a few weeks short of 13 years since I saw that band play tremendously at TITP and implode onstage.

McCabe is the man.That last track was brilliant.Could be one brilliant comeback if thats the quality of new songs.Ashcroft was in fine voice as well.

Of all the bands I saw over the weekend, Manu Chao had to be the best. Cracking mixture of latin, reggae and thrashy punk stuff. Had the crowd going mental in the middle of the afternoon!

He's great. Played T in the park the other year back but the crowd were a bit crappy, not really the T punters cup of tea me thinks but I really enjoyed.

DemonCleaner
He's great. Played T in the park the other year back but the crowd were a bit crappy, not really the T punters cup of tea me thinks but I really enjoyed.

yeah only caught a few of his songs at t the other year and he was awsome. one of the better highlights i've seen of glasto.

I'm just glad I didn't bother with Glasto this year. I know it is always better in person but the TV didn't make me jelous as it has done in the past.

Craig-Section Z
Whats the chances of him doing Encore with Likin Park?

Well LP were in the country so they cud have done........but guess they were saving their get together for Sunday @ Projekt Revolution in Milton Keynes.

Jay Z put on a great set there, would have been good if it had been longer though. Then LP were out and were awesome and for the last encore at the end out popped Mr Z for a few numbers with LP............what a day/night it was!!

Archived