Steve Clarke confirmed as Scotland manager (updated)

BOBTHEBRUCE

BOBTHEBRUCE

What a job he's done with Kilmarnock and it only took him 2 years. 

No 5 year plan needed. 

I think we can all say that he's the right man for the Scotland job. 

Exciting times. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• BOBTHEBRUCE

• Harry Potter

??

If you edit out the pathetic dig at the club , yup he has done a great job there and it did sound like he is away in his speech. Hopefully to Scotland

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

What a job he's done with Kilmarnock and it only took him 2 years. 

No 5 year plan needed. 

I think we can all say that he's the right man for the Scotland job. 

Exciting times. 

Fresh!

BOBTHEBRUCE
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

??

If you edit out the pathetic dig at the club , yup he has done a great job there and it did sound like he is away in his speech. Hopefully to Scotland

What's pathetic about it?

He's shown what can be done in short space of time with a wee diddy club with zero supporters and a shite budget. 

I think the dig is warranted. 

Steve Clarke has done a very good job and deservedly won the manager of the year award to think what he could have achieved at Hearts with our budget 

Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

He's shown what can be done in short space of time with a wee diddy club with zero supporters and a shite budget. 

Its just a pathetic comment completely unnecessary , go do it on one of the 400 levine oot freads. Wanna compliment Steve Clarke and say hopefully that marks an improvement for Scotland go for it.

If you had one even tiny bit of football knowledge in the game you would understand how far we have come , how good things are behind the scenes , how good Ann is how much business acumen she has , how much most other clubs are envious. All that from other chairman. Almost as if they know better.

Go take your digs somewhere relevant and as i said here we can compliment Clarke

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Steve Clarke has done a very good job and deservedly won the manager of the year award to think what he could have achieved at Hearts with our budget 

Hopefully Ann has taken that in and we get the right man in. 

No more projects. We're not a charity. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Hopefully Ann has taken that in and we get the right man in. 

No more projects. We're not a charity. 

Or she wont and we cant shift that stubborn arse from Tynecastle. 

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its just a pathetic comment completely unnecessary , go do it on one of the 400 levine oot freads. Wanna compliment Steve Clarke and say hopefully that marks an improvement for Scotland go for it.

If you had one even tiny bit of football knowledge in the game you would understand how far we have come , how good things are behind the scenes , how good Ann is how much business acumen she has , how much most other clubs are envious. All that from other chairman. Almost as if they know better.

Go take your digs somewhere relevant and as i said here we can compliment Clarke

Spot on and well put bud. Unfortunately wasted on dafty though.

I probably know more about football than you, but don't let that stand in the way of your levein love. 

? I’ll go with you don’t. But you feel free to think that. ?? 

Now going back to Clarke , Can he translate his club success to international level?

I don’t think he will be pushed by the SFA to do anything he doesn’t want to or players selected he isn’t comfortable with. I think he will be able to take lesser players and make a better team. It might be hard to watch at times but I think we will be competitive with bigger teams again

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

I liked his speech. 

Was emotive and he spoke well “bye , rangers” Certainly will be a breath of fresh air if he keeps that attitude at international level

BOBTHEBRUCE
4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I liked his speech. 

It was pretty amazing to be fair. 

I like him even more after that. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Spot on and well put bud. Unfortunately wasted on dafty though.

?? Every thread an excuse to say the same crap irrelevant to the thread in question.

Bazzas right boot

Been the best manager in the league the past two seasons. 

Pathetic by some on here tho who have continuely used him to beat our manager down with tho. 

The tone of op sums it up. 

With thier logic, every club should have sacked their manager and appointed him. Jkb at it's finest. 

Good luck to him, he'll no doubt improve results t, (McLeish was honking) , however longer term Scotland needs far more than a new manager to improve over the long term. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

JamboGraham
18 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Is the dig at Kilmarnock warranted?

'Bye rangers' :D hero. 

Will be good for ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen when he moves on. He's done absolutely fantastically with the resources he's had. Gutted we never got him tbh. 

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

?? Every thread an excuse to say the same crap irrelevant to the thread in question.

Absolutely, every single thread ends up going the same way. Place is a joke 

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Pathetic by some on here tho who have continuely used him to beat our manager down with tho. 

With thier logic, every club should have sacked their manager and appointed him. Jkb at it's finest. 

Good luck to him, he'll no doubt improve results t, (McLeish was honking) , however longer term Scotland needs far more than a new manager to improve over the long term. 

:spoton:

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If you're talking about me, you can bolt 

I never thought we could of signed him. He said himself that he wouldn't go to another club in scotland. 

I'm just pointing out what he has done in 2 years with nothing like the support that Levein has. 

12 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Remember when we could have got him but we ended up with cathro and levein? ?

Is that right if so was he interviewed for the job

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

List the clubs envious of us? Hibs? More season ticket holders than us, finished above us in the league 2 years running, new exciting coach getting them playing stylish attacking football? Killie? In Europe, playing stylish football on a shoe string budget punching way above their weight with crowds growing every week? Aberdeen? New stadium on the horizon, stable manager who has a clear style and plan, good strong squad with a potential European place? Name these envious clubs? 

shaun.lawson

Superb achievement to have led Killie to 3rd. That's their highest league finish in 53 years. :wow:

And, assuming it happens, a great appointment for Scotland. Good luck to him, and to the national team. 

Jambof3tornado

Comparing what another manager has done is fair enough but I want Levein to move into academy director role.

As for Clarke I'm glad he is willing to try the national job.

Immense speech and he's done an amazing job, I'm actually really happy for Kilmarnock getting third and think he's a very good appointment for Scotland.

BOBTHEBRUCE
7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Is the dig at Kilmarnock warranted?

Wee diddy club? Not so much, I'm just trying to point out that we're a far bigger club than they are with bigger resources.

We should not be finishing 6th in the league 2 years on the bounce. 

But everything is hunky dorey to a few of you.

Some how it's me that's the dafty though. 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Immense speech and he's done an amazing job, I'm actually really happy for Kilmarnock getting third and think he's a very good appointment for Scotland.

100% this.

It certainly sounds like Clarke is finished at Killie ...

Scotland job not confirmed...

... Hearts new manager next seaz? :jjyay:

20 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Remember when we could have got him but we ended up with cathro and levein? ?

Sorry, when was that? 

The Future's Maroon
26 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’ll go with he certainly doesn’t know more ?

Well said.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

If you're talking about me, you can bolt 

I never thought we could of signed him. He said himself that he wouldn't go to another club in scotland. 

I'm just pointing out what he has done in 2 years with nothing like the support that Levein has. 

You're underhand dig deserves a response. 

Clarke has done brilliant,  best manager in the league in his time here. 

Done better than Levein, Mcinnes, Wright, Gerrard and even possibly Rogers to name a few. 

However, He's qualified for Europe. 

If we win the cup CL would have triumphed his achievements but in less time.  Think that one over. 

I'd hold fire on your digs at CL, a cup win next week and a lot of folk will have looked very stupid over the past year. 

And I won't bolt, it's a Hearts forum, if you take digs at our manager expect a response. ?

Carry on tho, it clearly makes you happy to have pot shots as we build up to the final. 

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

One of my first ever reasonable level games was v Killie and at that level they were really struggling as a knock on of how bad the clubs position was at the time. However them and QoS are two teams I don’t mind seeing doing ok.  Very chuffed for them to have beaten Aberdeen to third

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

It certainly sounds like Clarke is finished at Killie ...

Scotland job not confirmed...

... Hearts new manager next seaz? :jjyay:

I would give up the next 5 years Christmas dinners for that to happen. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Boring. Overkill never was good for am argument 

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Wee diddy club? Not so much, I'm just trying to point out that we're a far bigger club than they are with bigger resources.

We should not be finishing 6th in the league 2 years on the bounce. 

But everything is hunky dorey to a few of you.

Some how it's me that's the dafty though. 

I sincerely hope you are not suggesting that I am included in the “you” that “everything is hunky dorey to”?

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm not getting into it..but those two statements are mental. :lol:

Compared to us at the minute, Cove Rangers play that way. If, over a course of a season you can honestly say that Hibs & Kilmarnock play that way week in, week out...sorry mate.

I get the frustration, honestly. But nah! Clarke should be the right choice finally for Scotland. Let's hope so. 

But they have an identity, that’s probably more what I should’ve said or was trying to say. We have no style, no clear philosophy of how we want to play the game. That would look good on a plane eh “no style, no philosophy”. Anyone got a number for one. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You're underhand dig deserves a response. 

Clarke has done brilliant,  best manager in the league in his time here. 

Done better than Levein, Mcinnes, Wright, Gerrard and even possibly Rogers to name a few. 

However, He's qualified for Europe. 

If we win the cup CL would have triumphed his achievements but in less time.  Think that one over. 

I'd hold fire on your digs at CL, a cup win next week and a lot of folk will have looked very stupid over the past year. 

And I won't bolt, it's a Hearts forum, if you take digs at our manager expect a response. ?

Carry on tho, it clearly makes you happy to have pot shots as we build up to the final. 

CL has my full support for the final. 

I would love nothing more for him to come up with some sort of masterplan and bring home the cup.

Another year of shite signings and playing one up top though... I can't be dealing with that. 

1874Gorgie1874
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sorry, when was that? 

Either time when we were without a manager. 

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

List the clubs envious of us? Hibs? More season ticket holders than us, finished above us in the league 2 years running, new exciting coach getting them playing stylish attacking football? Killie? In Europe, playing stylish football on a shoe string budget punching way above their weight with crowds growing every week? Aberdeen? New stadium on the horizon, stable manager who has a clear style and plan, good strong squad with a potential European place? Name these envious clubs? 

Alot of people thinking we are in some type of holding pen just now by finishing 6th twice in a row and something majestic will spring from nowhere. 

I and thousands of Hearts fans can reminisce about past eras and get cosy remembering being “best of the rest” more often than not but the truth is, a journey in football is season to season. You don’t know what’s coming next?

Only when you’ve built up a good record can you give a shite season a “pass”, but even at that point you don’t know if you’ll recover?

Thats why we need to see change and positive action. A more passionate, driven and fresh outlook from new people around Hearts.

Look at Clarkes’ aftermatch interview. Impassioned, single minded and portrayed an attitude quite openly to the viewing public what he brings behind the scenes.  

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I sincerely hope you are not suggesting that I am included in the “you” that “everything is hunky dorey to”?

Apologies if you're not one of them. 

Bazzas right boot

CL has my full support for the final. 

I would love nothing more for him to come up with some sort of masterplan and bring home the cup.

Another year of shite signings and playing one up top though... I can't be dealing with that. 

The league results need to improve, everyone agrees. 

Playing one up front has nothing to do with anything tho. 

Man City play one up front for example. 

Statements about 1 up front really show folk up. Playground stuff.

I think even Killie play one up front as do rangers and celtic? 

Anyway, well done Clarke and killie, to finish above Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs is an achievement. 

For us, on to next week. 

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Apologies if you're not one of them. 

I can genuinely only think of one poster who believes that everything is “hunky dorey” and I believe he is trolling.

part_time_jambo
45 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Can't argue with that.

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Alot of people thinking we are in some type of holding pen just now by finishing 6th twice in a row and something majestic will spring from nowhere. 

I and thousands of Hearts fans can reminisce about past eras and get cosy remembering being “best of the rest” more often than not but the truth is, a journey in football is season to season. You don’t know what’s coming next?

Only when you’ve built up a good record can you give a shite season a “pass”, but even at that point you don’t know if you’ll recover?

Thats why we need to see change and positive action. A more passionate, driven and fresh outlook from new people around Hearts.

Look at Clarkes’ aftermatch interview. Impassioned, single minded and portrayed an attitude quite openly to the viewing public what he brings behind the scenes.  

Its worth remembering that SC is an Ayrshire man and passionate about his local team.

He is Killie's equivalent to our own Jim Jeffries.

I'm pleased for Killie. Its great to see they now have an owner who will support his manager and risked losing money by cutting Rangers allocation in order to give his team that vital edge .

They deserve to be rewarded with some attractive European matches.