Jump to content
Heartsofgold

Season Ticket Sales - over 11,500 sold so far (title updated)

Recommended Posts

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Is that wheatfield figure quite high FF for this stage? Wheatfield always looks the busiest stand out the 4

 

Good spot. It's around 300 more than last year about the same date. Prior to the new stand, you'd be lucky if there were 500 seats left in the Wheatfield at this stage and less than 100 by the start of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

The closest comparable count that I have from last year was on 16 June 2018 when the dot count was 3,694, but from a base figure 262 seats higher than this year (the whole of section J was available rather than half).

 

Just taking the raw numbers, then it suggests that sales are currently 723 down on last year's 16 June figures.  There are probably several caveats that could be considered, but in my opinion it is indicative of a downturn or a slow uptake of maybe 5%, once we get to the same date.

 

If I remember, I'll take a count on 16 June (Sunday) so that I can at least be consistent on dates, when making a comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

I think you might have hit on why a lot of people are willing to back Levein for one more season. If you lived through that period you saw how it's possible to turn things around. We're definitely a winger, creative midfielder and maybe another striker away from being a good team.*

 

*Injuries allowing obviously. I can't even think who would have replaced Robbo, Clark, Jardine and Levein in the 85/86 team. Brian McNaughton, Colin McAdam, Malcolm Murray and Jimmy Sandison? Somehow I don't think we would have taken the title to the last day.

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
11 minutes ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

 

EXACTLY! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartandsoul
24 minutes ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

Spot on... excellent post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

That's true and for all the huff and puff of the 'worried' posters who only spread  gloom season tickets are holding up again. 

 

We have a very resilient fan base who don't chuck it at the sign of a few setbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86
41 minutes ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

Correct! Each to their own and all that, but as a great man once said - “Just to get near Tynecastle was a dream.....Always Hearts”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
53 minutes ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

Exactly ,,,its nothing to do with levein whatsoever, it's because the fans want to support the team plain and simple....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
42 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Exactly ,,,its nothing to do with levein whatsoever, it's because the fans want to support the team plain and simple....

 

But, but, all the Levein haters said the sales would bomb. :rofl:

 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

 

IDT-INDST

 

IDT - If Destroyed True.

INDST - If not destroyed still true.

 

written by any self respecting schoolboy on a mates jotter, usually an appendage to an hilarious but derogatory comment about said mate (usually relating to their sexuality etc)

Ah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

 

Really? Were there no bus stops where you grew up?

I’m not the type to frequent buses or the vile shelters the general citizenry huddle en mass like Russians in a bread queue to wait for one. 

 

McCabe was a grass, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pablo
2 hours ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

 

This point was well worth repeating. Well said Hercules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

 

You’re missing the point. 

You're as obsessed as Sid was on the Levein poll thread. He's disappeared after that.

 

Obsessed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
16 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’m not the type to frequent buses or the vile shelters the general citizenry huddle en mass like Russians in a bread queue to wait for one. 

 

McCabe was a grass, though. 

 

If you’re trying to look down your nose at people it’s maybe an idea to learn how to spell ‘en mass’ 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

If you’re trying to look down your nose at people it’s maybe an idea to learn how to spell ‘en mass’ 😂

Ah ****! 

 

Funny thing is I edited out the “e” at the end. What a fud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ah ****! 

 

Funny thing is I edited out the “e” at the end. What a fud. 

 

At least it wasn’t as bad as all the twats coming out with ‘on route’ these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

 

At least it wasn’t as bad as all the twats coming out with ‘on route’ these days. 

Bloody French... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

If you’re trying to look down your nose at people it’s maybe an idea to learn how to spell ‘en mass’ 😂

 

 

Freudian slip!

 

Maybe not just a Hibby but an Ugly!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

 

 

Freudian slip!

 

Maybe not just a Hibby but an Ugly!!!

Nah. I’m just as dumb as a bag of spanners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You're as obsessed as Sid was on the Levein poll thread. He's disappeared after that.

 

Obsessed.

 

I withdrew when you apologised (or so you say) for being consistently wrong in your assertions that Season Ticket sales would be decimated to further your anti-Levein agenda. 

Whats the next area of unfounded and inaccurate negativity should we pick up on next?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karipidis
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

 

But, but, all the Levein haters said the sales would bomb. :rofl:

 

:leveinnaturalorder:

In fairness there seems to be a bit of a drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Is it really that difficult?

 

Some folk will go to Tynecastle to watch the game and support the team year in year out. 

 

Some cant go anymore due to financial, family or many other reasons. 

 

If the team are not doing well then support will drop. Happens at most clubs that are not Man Utd or Liverpool. I remember celtic and rangers getting 30k or less at a home game (a good few years ago mind). 

 

Hearts were (mostly) dug shit last season and we have not recruited anything that would suggest we are going to compete next season thus far so we are unlikely to shift 15k + season tickets are we?

 

Had we finished 3rd, qualified for Europe or won the cup then I would say we would have shifted another 1500 - 2000 season tickets IMO. 

 

In short, we sell more tickets when we are entertaining and winning more than when we are dire. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

In fairness there seems to be a bit of a drop. 

 

The payment plan has only just become available and we haven't signed anyone yet to draw interest from the fair weather fans and push the figures to around last year's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it really that difficult?

 

Some folk will go to Tynecastle to watch the game and support the team year in year out. 

 

Some cant go anymore due to financial, family or many other reasons. 

 

If the team are not doing well then support will drop. Happens at most clubs that are not Man Utd or Liverpool. I remember celtic and rangers getting 30k or less at a home game (a good few years ago mind). 

 

Hearts were (mostly) dug shit last season and we have not recruited anything that would suggest we are going to compete next season thus far so we are unlikely to shift 15k + season tickets are we?

 

Had we finished 3rd, qualified for Europe or won the cup then I would say we would have shifted another 1500 - 2000 season tickets IMO. 

 

In short, we sell more tickets when we are entertaining and winning more than when we are dire. 

 

Spot on. Too many on here not able to see the truth as they all wear blinkers. 

Hearts are my religion and Tynecastle is my church. 

When you enter Tynecastle take your blinkers off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on. Too many on here not able to see the truth as they all wear blinkers. 

Hearts are my religion and Tynecastle is my church. 

When you enter Tynecastle take your blinkers off.

 

That's second paragraph has song potential 

 

 

 

Hearts are my religion

Tynecastle is my church

When I enter Tyne castle... 

I take my blinkers aff.,

 

Oh Hearts are my religion 

Tynecastle is my church. 

But when I get ho-me

I take my own knickers aff.. 

 

Ooooh Hearts are my.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stan
7 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

 

13005628-dog-with-a-bone-in-mouth.thumb.jpg.2166fd7e18b640fbb01f92e58fae65da.jpg

 

You crack on BR  😀😀😀

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Sid said:

 

I withdrew when you apologised (or so you say) for being consistently wrong in your assertions that Season Ticket sales would be decimated to further your anti-Levein agenda. 

Whats the next area of unfounded and inaccurate negativity should we pick up on next?  

Did you find those anti-Levein claims you were searching for or are you still havering shite? I don't have any agenda other than accountability for performance. I like Craig Levein and I like his views on football. Two 6th place finishes aren't good enough though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Did you find those anti-Levein claims you were searching for or are you still havering shite? I don't have any agenda other than accountability for performance. I like Craig Levein and I like his views on football. Two 6th place finishes aren't good enough though.

 

If you set up a pole on wether or not you slaver shite, I’m sure it would be a lot more conclusive than the Levein pole you set up to stir up unrest. 

You are a Cathro and injury deniest to further your anti-Levein agenda. No need for me to dredge up your negativity. It’s there for all to see. 

Will you be apologising, AGAIN, when this Season’s recruitment is better than last year as you have explicitly stated that you believe it will be no better than last year? (Suppose that’s a clear anti-Levein comment from you). 

I think it has got off to a pretty good start securing an SPL Captain and Naismith hopefully about to be confirmed. But let’s pick this up at the close of the window and see whether this bit of negativity will work out for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Sid said:

 

If you set up a pole on wether or not you slaver shite, I’m sure it would be a lot more conclusive than the Levein pole you set up to stir up unrest. 

You are a Cathro and injury deniest to further your anti-Levein agenda. No need for me to dredge up your negativity. It’s there for all to see. 

Will you be apologising, AGAIN, when this Season’s recruitment is better than last year as you have explicitly stated that you believe it will be no better than last year? (Suppose that’s a clear anti-Levein comment from you). 

I think it has got off to a pretty good start securing an SPL Captain and Naismith hopefully about to be confirmed. But let’s pick this up at the close of the window and see whether this bit of negativity will work out for you. 

Stop changing the subject. Where are these anti-Levein posts or will you just admit you were havering bullshit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Stop changing the subject. Where are these anti-Levein posts or will you just admit you were havering bullshit?

 

Will start with YOU saying the signing policy has been crap and fully expecting it to be crap this close season. Who are you laying blame with?  

Is that a pro or anti Levein stance?  YES/NO? 

On subject enough for you?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Sid said:

 

Will start with YOU saying the signing policy has been crap and fully expecting it to be crap this close season. Who are you laying blame with?  

Is that a pro or anti Levein stance?  YES/NO? 

On subject enough for you?  

A question with a question so no defence.

 

So, again, where are these anti-Levein posts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid

Ok. Too complicated for you. 

 

Example of your anti-Levein stance 

 

you stated that you believe the close season signings will be as poor as last season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sid said:

Ok. Too complicated for you. 

 

Example of your anti-Levein stance 

 

you stated that you believe the close season signings will be as poor as last season. 

 

 

I'm referring to your claim above with regard to your blatant lies of my CONTINUAL "anti-Levein" stance. This is despite the fact that I was more than supportive of Craig Levein managing Hearts in the season past as my posting history shows.

 

So, you were making shit up. End of story. Similarly, you were making shit up about season tickets. Go back and read last year's thread on season tickets and find my negative posts there. I'm afraid that would be another blank from you and another blatant lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm referring to your claim above with regard to your blatant lies of my CONTINUAL "anti-Levein" stance. This is despite the fact that I was more than supportive of Craig Levein managing Hearts in the season past as my posting history shows.

 

So, you were making shit up. End of story. Similarly, you were making shit up about season tickets. Go back and read last year's thread on season tickets and find my negative posts there. I'm afraid that would be another blank from you and another blatant lie.

 

My comment above is another example (to go with this year’s Season ticket negativity from you - which you have now accepted) of your anti-Levein negativity. You are the one now ignoring it. I will repeat it 

 

“you stated that you believe the close season signings will be as poor as last season.

 

Is this anti-Levein negativity?  Bearing in mind you are making a prediction here that Levein will fail this Summer before he has made the signings. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sid said:

 

My comment above is another example (to go with this year’s Season ticket negativity from you - which you have now accepted) of your anti-Levein negativity. You are the one now ignoring it. I will repeat it 

 

“you stated that you believe the close season signings will be as poor as last season.

 

Is this anti-Levein negativity?  Bearing in mind you are making a prediction here that Levein will fail this Summer before he has made the signings. 

 

 

You keep deflecting but I will humour you one last time. My CONFIDENCE in our recruitment capabilities is at an all-time low after the past 3 seasons. If you can happily ignore that then good for you but you do strike me as the type who is fished in by a two minute video on YouTube.

 

Now, care to confirm you were lying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sid
27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You keep deflecting but I will humour you one last time. My CONFIDENCE in our recruitment capabilities is at an all-time low after the past 3 seasons. If you can happily ignore that then good for you but you do strike me as the type who is fished in by a two minute video on YouTube.

 

Now, care to confirm you were lying?

 

I’ll take that as your second acceptance of your anti-Levein agenda. Season Tickets and Signings before they have taken place. I think that’s 2-0 against you so I’ll accept the victory and let people get on with more relevant discussions. 

I will pop back at end of Transfer window just to confirm you were wildly wrong (again) with your anti-Levein agenda point 2.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Sid said:

 

I’ll take that as your second acceptance of your anti-Levein agenda. Season Tickets and Signings before they have taken place. I think that’s 2-0 against you so I’ll accept the victory and let people get on with more relevant discussions. 

I will pop back at end of Transfer window just to confirm you were wildly wrong (again) with your anti-Levein agenda point 2.   

And off to ignore you go. I can admit when I'm wrong. You dissemble and deflect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874

Guys agree to disagree ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Guys agree to disagree ffs

Not a problem. He can howl at the moon now as much as he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, Hercules said:

People aren’t buying season tickets to back Levein. They’re buying season tickets because they support Hearts. It’s a huge part of mine and others peoples lives. It’s what we do every year. Mines wasn’t bought to back the manager. 

 

I agree. I forgot I was on the ST thread. Was more of a general comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

So back on topic until it gets derailed again!! How many we sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
On 11/06/2019 at 17:25, Footballfirst said:

5pm count

 

Wheatfield - 1,325

Roseburn - 891

Main - 1,365

Gorgie - 614

Total - 4,195

 

Estimated sales 11,477 (club est. 11,702 based on count when 11,500 announced).

 

Another 42 sold in the last 24 hours

Wheatfield - 1,314

Roseburn - 893

Main - 1,343

Gorgie - 603

Total - 4,153

 

Estimated sales 11,519 (club est. 11,744 based on count when 11,500 announced).

Edited by Footballfirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Many of the uncommitted will be waiting to see who comes in imo.  Sales seem to have dried up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

 

Another 42 sold in the last 24 hours

Wheatfield - 1,314

Roseburn - 893

Main - 1,343

Gorgie - 603

Total - 4,153

 

Estimated sales 11,519 (club est. 11,744 based on count when 11,500 announced).

Numbers are great and will only increase further once some signings come in I'd imagine and good performances in league cup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Many of the uncommitted will be waiting to see who comes in imo.  Sales seem to have dried up now.

42 been sold in last 24 hours ! Sure pay day at end of this month and next month there ne few aswell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bn jambo

I think more are being sold each day than recognised on here, anyone who reserved their seat has until Monday to buy it, Tuesday is the day to do a dot count as those who reserved and didn't buy will be released.

Then you can work back from the official 11500 statement to get a true reflection of how many disabled/hospitality have been sold, I would guess closer to 12,000 all in, than FF's total (no offence FF I'm counting on you to work it out 😁)

Hopefully we get a 12 thousand sold statement this week 👍🇱🇻😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
6 hours ago, Sid said:

 

If you set up a pole on wether or not you slaver shite, I’m sure it would be a lot more conclusive than the Levein pole you set up to stir up unrest. 

You are a Cathro and injury deniest to further your anti-Levein agenda. No need for me to dredge up your negativity. It’s there for all to see. 

Will you be apologising, AGAIN, when this Season’s recruitment is better than last year as you have explicitly stated that you believe it will be no better than last year? (Suppose that’s a clear anti-Levein comment from you). 

I think it has got off to a pretty good start securing an SPL Captain and Naismith hopefully about to be confirmed. But let’s pick this up at the close of the window and see whether this bit of negativity will work out for you. 

 

Keep the Poles out of it. 

 

Not done anyone any harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Many of the uncommitted will be waiting to see who comes in imo.  Sales seem to have dried up now.

 

Have they? At rate of sales over the last couple of days we will sell around 2,500 more before the season starts. That would put us just past the 14k barrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Have they? At rate of sales over the last couple of days we will sell around 2,500 more before the season starts. That would put us just past the 14k barrier.

Brilliant.  Not the impression I had which was clearly wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Have they? At rate of sales over the last couple of days we will sell around 2,500 more before the season starts. That would put us just past the 14k barrier.

 

49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brilliant.  Not the impression I had which was clearly wrong.

 

 

I think neither of you are wrong :-)

 

if sales carried on at the current rate, yes, we would get to 14000 or so. However previous experience says they will die down further in july, then there will be a little surge in the week or so before the first match. I predict we will sell about 12,750 before the start of the season, which will be pretty good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×