Time to Park the Gloom

TexasAndy

TexasAndy

As the subject suggests it's time to park the gloom for a couple of weeks at least.  Let's enjoy the build up to the final.  I am looking forward to a good day out.  Will it be special?  Unlikely but I would rather be there than not.

This will be my 7th Scottish cup final.  First one we were beat before I got to the ground in 76.  86 was ruined by Dens Park, 96 was full of hope but we got pumped.  98 glorious but I wasn't confident going to that game and still get nervous at the last 10 mins.  06 was a must win which we nearly blew.  2012 was a must not lose which could only be enjoyed once it was settled.  2019, absolutely no expectations or pressure.  Even if we were on good form leading up we would still be massive underdogs.   Bring it on.  Can't wait.  

cookieboy

I agree . Let's enjoy the build up and the day out. If it becomes something even more special ........

Can't wait ??????

I’m going to enjoy the day out and if Hearts put in a decent performance who knows.

Italian Lambretta

Sadly every Hearts fans  I know are hacked off with everything going on at the club just now.

A Scottish Cup Final aint gonna change that.

Think positive thoughts

The impossible is possible come on Hearts you can do it.

Lets all get behind the team on the 25th and you never know miracles do happen.????????????????????????

Bull's-eye

Negativity breeds negativity.

Hearts historically are a negative minded club, you only have to wander up Gorgie road on match days to experience the doom and gloom before a ball is kicked. 

Its never been any different in my 40 years plus as a season book holder.

Not even a Cup win will change that so what's there to get excited about. 

7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Hearts historically are a negative minded club, you only have to wander up Gorgie road on match days to experience the doom and gloom before a ball is kicked. 

And there it is. The worst post on kickback.

Suppose there would be nothing to get excited about if we win the cup.

Lets just all pack it in this football lark and get into a real sport like chess or something mate.

jambos are go!

Doom and gloom is a way of life for most of the torn faced disasters who infest our club. Bring a positive type I try and take some comfort from the hope that it may divert them from focussing their negativity on friends and family.

Hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst.  Unfortunately there are quite a few who infest this place that are not even hoping for a good outcome for us. 

Jamhammer
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst.  Unfortunately there are quite a few who infest this place that are not even hoping for a good outcome for us. 

This is where I'm at. It's 11 v 11 and anything can happen in a cup final. We beat Rangers in 98 and no one fancied us. The 5-1 game a Hibs win was "Written in the Stars". 

Yer right, there are folk who would gladly see us pummeled if it meant the end of CL

Positivity !

No chance of that ever catching on here.

Moaning ,bitching and complaining it's about the only pleasure some posters on here seem to have?.

I'm looking forward to the day out and you never know we might get a pleasant surprise.

Nobody expected us to end Celtic s 69 game unbeaten run so miracles can happen in football.

As has been shown over the last 48 hours.

Finlay James

There is everything to be positive about, we're in the cup final for **** sake.  Winning this would be huge in so many ways and I can't wait.

Others can sit and look for negatives.  **** that, we're the Hearts and we're winning this.

The future is maroon

heartmussel

Exactly and the press are loving it.Anyone watching Champions league games over the last couple of nights will see why we love the game and with the right mindset anything can happen.

The Treasurer

Well said OP.

None of us are happy with the overall performance this season.

Some people are unhappy about Levein, some people have issues with Mrs Budge, there are players in the squad who have not lived up to expectations.

All these things need addressed, but that is for later.

Now is about Heart of Midlothian being 90 minutes away from creating history.

It's going to be hard, lets not pretend otherwise, but to have a chance we ALL have to be in it together.

So for the next couple of weeks forget your anger and frustrations (justified or otherwise), it won't solve anything for now and it certainly won't help the team.

Get behind Levein, get behind the team, get behind OUR club.

Edited by The Treasurer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If you cant look forward to a Cup Final regardless of form, maybe football is not for you and certainly not supporting a club like Hearts. Nothing wrong with wanting better but nothing right about sulking, that its not.

Concur with the OP, the mid to long term future will be sorted I am sure, the short term is about supporting our club, regardless of opinion on individuals, the good lady Heart of Midlothian, deserves our love.

Its a chance to win the Scottish Cup, only our 3rd this century, don't think I would ever want to waste that day bitter

Edited by Sir Gio

thegreatsd

I can’t wait. Been watching hearts since I can remember. I go with my dad every week and we’ve seen hearts beat rangers in 98, beattie knocking in that penalty, templeton putting us ahead in Liverpool, us demolishing hibs 5-1, ending the invincible run 4-0 and many other magical times. Whether or not we can win this one is another story but I will be there with my dad and the hope and belief we can do it. Football is brilliant and it has its tough times but they make you appreciate the good times more. Things are looking good for the future and are way better than many would have you believe. See you all at hampden and if we can get a good result it will be one of our greatest days on the planet. Mon the JT’s! 

Jimbojack

I am looking forward to our day out I have booked hospitality for myself and my son who is coming up from London and anyone who knows anything about football knows anything can happen in a one off game as long as we give our all I will be happy.

Captain Lithuania

Anyone who was at the semi in 2012 knows anything can happen. 

Never went in to that day fearing a doing, and it would have been much more justified. Van Dijk, Ki, Wanyama, Forster, all light years ahead of what they have now. 

If you’re going to the game with the mindset of us getting a doing, don’t bother. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Anyone who was at the semi in 2012 knows anything can happen. 

Never went in to that day fearing a doing, and it would have been much more justified. Van Dijk, Ki, Wanyama, Forster, all light years ahead of what they have now. 

If you’re going to the game with the mindset of us getting a doing, don’t bother. 

:spoton:

Add Hooper a guy who scored for fun at the time

Dr Ian Malcolm

It must be exhausting constantly referring everything back to how bad Levein is and shite the players are. You're allowed to try and enjoy the chance of a trophy, Try it lads, you might like it...

Scott980612
17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Well said OP.

None of us are happy with the overall performance this season.

Some people are unhappy about Levein, some people have issues with Mrs Budge, there are players in the squad who have not lived up to expectations.

All these things need addressed, but that is for later.

Now is about Heart of Midlothian being 90 minutes away from creating history.

It's going to be hard, lets not pretend otherwise, but to have a chance we ALL have to be in it together.

So for the next couple of weeks forget your anger and frustrations (justified or otherwise), it won't solve anything for now and it certainly won't help the team.

Get behind Levein, get behind the team, get behind OUR club.

This. 

highlandjambo3
28 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Exactly and the press are loving it.Anyone watching Champions league games over the last couple of nights will see why we love the game and with the right mindset anything can happen.

The press won’t love it if we win...... trying to disguise their seethe will be fun to watch...

FTH

Absolute Scenes

Got a hotel booked for the night of the final, whether we win or lose, I have a three course dinner, spa and sauna and swim, large cooked Scottish breakfast the next day and a nice leisurely drive back to Edinburgh on the Sunday to look forward to

Bring it Effing on

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

That is a massive bit of guff

All roads lead to Gorgie

The fact we have taken the foot off the pedal in the league gives me hope we are holding a lot back for a big performance on the day. 

This might be most of the players only chance of silverware in their careers so I do believe we will see a much more committed performance from some who have disappointed recently. 

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Pish

Punchdrunk with the league campaign. It was long gone and the current problems can be attended to in the close and pre season. 

Absolutely looking forward to the Final.  It’s one of our objectives in a season campaign and we’ve achieved that.

We always go on about how Hearts should be getting to more finals, so irrespective of the dour league season,  let’s not demean it. 

Hearts fans can normally be good at drumming up the siege mentality and hope from nothing attitude, let’s do it again at Hampden. If the team can’t enjoy themselves, make sure we do. Sing our hearts out and see if they can match our enthusiasm. 

Edited by Debut 4

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

As the subject suggests it's time to park the gloom for a couple of weeks at least.  Let's enjoy the build up to the final.  I am looking forward to a good day out.  Will it be special?  Unlikely but I would rather be there than not.

This will be my 7th Scottish cup final.  First one we were beat before I got to the ground in 76.  86 was ruined by Dens Park, 96 was full of hope but we got pumped.  98 glorious but I wasn't confident going to that game and still get nervous at the last 10 mins.  06 was a must win which we nearly blew.  2012 was a must not lose which could only be enjoyed once it was settled.  2019, absolutely no expectations or pressure.  Even if we were on good form leading up we would still be massive underdogs.   Bring it on.  Can't wait.  

76 was a nightmare, 1st saturday off from lows , when still at school, hardly was in and it went all wrong.

Good post TA, hope we can do it, not easy.

Beast Boy
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Absolutely spot on. The arseholery from some of our support has made the build up to this excruciating. Can't wait for the Cup Final. It's nice to still be fighting for something worthwhile at the very end of the season, not many other clubs are.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Absolutely spot on. The arseholery from some of our support has made the build up to this excruciating. Can't wait for the Cup Final. It's nice to still be fighting for something worthwhile at the very end of the season, not many other clubs are.

Good post mate.

N Lincs Jambo

5th final for me first also being 76 (missed 96 and 2006). I turn 56 between now and the game so if we win we will have won the grand total of 4 trophies in my lifetime, ie one every 14 years. Whilst the mhanky mob should have too much for us I didn’t expect us to do them at the start of the season and I certainly didn’t expect us to annihilate them 4-0 last season so I’ll be wearing my happy clapper hat right up till we’ve either won it or lost it. Mon the Hearts and FTC ?

NaturalOrder74

We were on very very awful form when we showed up and hammered them 4-0, we were on really good form when they hammered us 3-0 in the semi final LC. A Scottish cup game is a bit like a derby the form doesn’t matter as much, I’d just like to see something to give us some optimism, if you look at partick this season we’re getting absolutely hammered in the league and managed to stretch us over 2 legs despite their form every possibility the team could catch Celtic off guard again, Lennon’s Celtic are a lot worse than Rodgers so there’s definitely positives

doctor jambo

I had a debate with myself before buying tickets for my older son and I.

It lasted about 60 seconds.

The chance is there for us to end the treble treble, beat Celtic in Glasgow- if we do that and I was NOT there, it would be awful.

This could be one of the greatest days of my life.

I'd never forgive myself for missing it!

Never regret what you do, only what you don't through fear.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m happy to be blindly optimistic - but I know what’s coming.

Like sitting on a level crossing hoping the train that's about to hit you actually gets you home sooner and in one peace, with a lovely bottle of red and a chateuabriand  waiting for you and the most beautiful woman lying in your bed waiting for you to finish?

Des Lynam

I can’t wait to watch us lift the cup again. I also can’t wait to end the treble treble dream. I hope we win it through a dodgy offside own goal penalty. 

I’m going to bathe in Lennon’s disappointment. 

The week leading up to the final should be dedicated to overbearing positivity. 

Calebs Grandad
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

??????

Calebs Grandad
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I can’t wait to watch us lift the cup again. I also can’t wait to end the treble treble dream. I hope we win it through a dodgy offside own goal penalty. 

Overbearing positivity? Hmm might just catch on here ?

Papa John

I've been following Hearts since 1969 and have seen us relegated 4 times, 

3 Scottish Cup Final defeats, 

2 League Cup Final defeats, however the 3 Scottish Cup wins makes it all worthwhile.  Like everyone on here not happy with the way things are at the moment, however I live in hope it will be my 4th Scottish Cup win and will give my full backing to the club I love.  

The Mercer Takeover

Fully appreciate the OP's perspective here and it would be nice if we could all adopt this mind-set. I fear there is just too much baggage with the management at the moment. I suspect the week running up to the final may improve things significantly though.

Can't help but think that one simple action would transform our football club and give a real chance in the final. If Levein came out and said he was stepping down and leaving the club after the final, I suspect the following would happen:

Supporters and this place would be transformed as a new wave of positivity took over.

People would forgive Levein for the last two years and start referring to him as the footballing legend some of us remember.

The players may very well pull out all the stops for the cup final in one last effort for Levein.

Season tickets sales would surge as many of us would finally accept we were moving forward.

Win or lose the final, we would know we had something to look forward to.

Last night I actually watched you tube videos for the Rangers, Gretna and Hibs finals and the Hibs semi. This has helped me greatly, however things remain a bit raw with our manager and coaching staff.

Wardlaw67
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Positivity !

No chance of that ever catching on here.

Moaning ,bitching and complaining it's about the only pleasure some posters on here seem to have?.

I'm looking forward to the day out and you never know we might get a pleasant surprise.

Nobody expected us to end Celtic s 69 game unbeaten run so miracles can happen in football.

As has been shown over the last 48 hours.

??????

I think the overwhelming feeling is one of frustration, be that with tactics, recruitment, 'fan management', whatever.

But then I recall how I felt when we dismantled Celtic's unbeaten run.  Dismantling their treble treble would top that.  Am I confident?  Hell, no!  Would I miss it?  Hell, no!

Edited by Haken

I actually think all the pressure is on Celtic. No one expects us to lay a glove on them.

It’s the ‘historic treble treble billy McNeil cup final’ Lennon’s chance to be the manager who lead them there....we’re just there to make up the numbers!

However....

Can they handle it? Lennon in particular? We’ll find out soon enough!

Bazzas right boot

Gonna enjoy the day and build up. 

The match will either be a wipe put or the most nervous game since Gretna. 

I'm not going to enjoy the game either way, I'm prepared for that. 

Hopefully after a nerve shredding 90 mins, the night is good as well! 

If not, I'll just go hone for a wank. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Yip, defend the whole game. 

One lucky corner. (from a corner that shouldn't have been a corner) 

Brown to be sent off last minute as he boots out in frustration. 

Joa'b done. 

Jambo-Fox
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

If you cant look forward to a Cup Final regardless of form, maybe football is not for you and certainly not supporting a club like Hearts. Nothing wrong with wanting better but nothing right about sulking, that its not.

Concur with the OP, the mid to long term future will be sorted I am sure, the short term is about supporting our club, regardless of opinion on individuals, the good lady Heart of Midlothian, deserves our love.

Its a chance to win the Scottish Cup, only our 3rd this century, don't think I would ever want to waste that day bitter

Could be THIRD SCOTTISH CUP THIS CENTURY - now there’s a stat.! It would only be one less win than in the last century and one more than in the 19th century!!

19th C - 2 wins average every 12.5 years

20th C - 4 wins average every 25 years

21st C - 2 wins average every 8.5 years (current) but could be

21st C - 3 wins average every 6.3 years

It’s a great time to Jambo, win or lose we have never had it so good!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The fact we have taken the foot off the pedal in the league gives me hope we are holding a lot back for a big performance on the day. 

This might be most of the players only chance of silverware in their careers so I do believe we will see a much more committed performance from some who have disappointed recently. 

When dud we have our foot on the pedal?