Women's FA Cup Final - Sexism

Stephane Grappelli

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They don't play 5 sets, until then less money.

That’s a different argument and one I agree with but if their game is generating the same money, they deserve to be rewarded as such.

Having said that, I’d actually be very interested to see just how much interest there really is in the women’s game if they didn’t share a centre court schedule with men. For example,  how many folk would attend if they played all the ladies rounds until the semi finals on court one? Up until that stage, and sometimes beyond, it’s 6-1, 6-0 to the favourite almost every game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Stephane Grappelli

• Shaggy2

• Nookie Bear

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

That’s a different argument and one I agree with but if their game is generating the same money, they deserve to be rewarded as such.

Having said that, I’d actually be very interested to see just how much interest there really is in the women’s game if they didn’t share a centre court schedule with men. For example,  how many folk would attend if they played all the ladies rounds until the semi finals on court one? Up until that stage, and sometimes beyond, it’s 6-1, 6-0 to the favourite almost every game.

Having the men's and women's majors on different weeks would give us real data on who exactly generates the interest.

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people seem to take too much of an interest in the women's game and are getting bent out of shape about it. If you have no interest in it then don't watch it! That's what I do.

Neither do I, but I like JKB. So...

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Having the men's and women's majors on different weeks would give us real data on who exactly generates the interest.

Very true. The women would get a proper shock if this was implemented. 

Tokyo Drifter
On 04/05/2019 at 20:37, Stephane Grappelli said:

Tongue firmly in cheek in my OP but surprise, surprise, it went right over your head.

I was going to ask if you were being serious, so glad to know you weren't.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Was the tidy lesbian playing for West Ham?, Alisha Lehmann, dating a burd from Chelsea ladies (the latter is massively punching) 

1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

I’ve seen video clips of the goalkeeping errors and that puts me of watching it.

Indeed...

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people seem to take too much of an interest in the women's game and are getting bent out of shape about it. If you have no interest in it then don't watch it! That's what I do.

The only thing I care about is how much money is being spent on it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only thing I care about is how much money is being spent on it. 

Well, I think I'd rather spend 200K on women's football than a Sean Clare or Craig Wighton.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, I think I'd rather spend 200K on women's football than a Sean Clare or Craig Wighton.

You don't really. 

OmiyaHearts
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I see the Incels are out in force on this thread.

It's like people watched the final just to find something they can get bothered about. Actively trying to get themselves annoyed so they can moan.

It's just weird behaviour. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You don't really. 

Actually, I do. At least there's a brand payoff in growing our exposure. The two aforementioned players don't do that.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

It's like people watched the final just to find something they can get bothered about. Actively trying to get themselves annoyed so they can moan.

It's just weird behaviour. 

Right?

Thread started on a weekend, too. Rather than spending time being with or trying to find a good woman, they start threads moaning about their sporting participation. 

Maybe it's because these women are excelling in their field it's bringing up the angry wee boys own inadequacies. Can't be easy living life with no aspirations to do better.

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Actually, I do. At least there's a brand payoff in growing our exposure. The two aforementioned players don't do that.

I don't believe you'd rather pump £200k into the womens team than take a chance on two players who could improve the mens team. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't believe you'd rather pump £200k into the womens team than take a chance on two players who could improve the mens team. 

You can believe what you like. I've no problem with them having a budget and developing a female team.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You can believe what you like. I've no problem with them having a budget and developing a female team.

Neither would I if we had the money of a Man City and a first team doing well. But we don't. 

5 hours ago, qferryjam said:

The whole point is it was a self sustaining model , they had their own sponsorship paid for their own strips their own training facilities. What Hearts have done is invest to bring them under the hearts banner , a really shrewd move if you look at the demographic of our support , like the young boys , girls will pay to come to hearts coaching sessions will buy merchandise will have role models at the club , women’s football Is growing so quickly it would be madness not to be involved ,if Hearts are promoted there’s a chance for Europe and better players , as I’ve said already I will be there on Sunday to cheer them on like I do with the u18s and reserve teams , are you really saying that as a community club there’s no room for the women’s game in 2019 , there isn’t a lack of finance in our first team just results if only some of those very well paid players had the same enthusiasm and determination to succeed as the unpaid women did maybe we wouldn’t be sitting in 6th place in the league .

Good post but wasted on the Dinosaurs I fear.

Nookie Bear

Isn’t a lack of finance in the first team?

Rather spend £200k on the women’s team than another Clare or Wighton?

**** me :rofl:

Francis Albert
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 06:11, Rupert Custard said:

One of the West Ham players was wearing gloves. Not household ones  - was it that cold in London in May? As cosseted as their male counterparts, at least we never saw a snood!

Yes. February was warmer. Hailstones off and on yesterday afternoon.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Isn’t a lack of finance in the first team?

Rather spend £200k on the women’s team than another Clare or Wighton?

**** me :rofl:

Mindboggling eh? 

Jambo_Gaz

A whole load of virtue signalling. No danger we should be diverting money away from the first team to pay for a vanity project. 

£200,000 spent is £200,000 wasted. 

I doubt that is even the amount we've put in. I suspect it's higher. 

5 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Was the tidy lesbian playing for West Ham?, Alisha Lehmann, dating a burd from Chelsea ladies (the latter is massively punching) 

iirc she had a poor dive in the box but was not booked for it

Valois No1

The way I see it is I pay good money to watch the men’s team. Rightly or wrongly I do not want any percentage of my ticket money going to a part of the club that does not benefit the men’s game. The women’s team should be financed from their own funds that they create and should not be taking much needed funds away from Levein budget.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

The way I see it is I pay good money to watch the men’s team. Rightly or wrongly I do not want any percentage of my ticket money going to a part of the club that does not benefit the men’s game. The women’s team should be financed from their own funds that they create and should not be taking much needed funds away from Levein budget.

Exactly. ?

17 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

But giving the women's team some money to grow increases the Hearts brand, sponsorship opportunities etc which ultimately will help the men's team. It's an investment.

Jambo_Gaz
11 minutes ago, kila said:

But giving the women's team some money to grow increases the Hearts brand, sponsorship opportunities etc which ultimately will help the men's team. It's an investment.

How many women's teams from around the world have increased overall investment in a club? 

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Do you know this for a fact? What kind of figures are we talking?

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, kila said:

Like the excellent hibs ladies team does for the men’s team? ?

Valois No1
37 minutes ago, kila said:

Aye nae bor

Stephen Muddie
On 05/05/2019 at 11:30, Fozzyonthefence said:

They would get cuffed by an under 16 boys team (as the top women’s international teams do) so I doubt that.

Your 2nd point is valid though.

My first point was more of an indictment of how pish we are at the moment than how good they are :sadrobbo:  

• 1 month later...
Stephane Grappelli
On 04/05/2019 at 19:45, Stephane Grappelli said:

Just caught the end of the BBC's coverage there and it looked like female presenter Gabby Logan was joined by an all female panel of guests including the ubiquitous Alex Scott.  When covering the men's game now, the likes of Sky or the Beeb always have at least one woman in the studio so when will the women's game catch up? Maybe if they start to scrap their blatant sexism and move into the 21st Century then more folk will take them seriously.

Same again tonight in the studio.  Sickening.

And still some posters would probably prefer 200k to be spent on the woman's team than our first team...?

On 06/05/2019 at 13:23, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sean Clare will be good this Season. 

10 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

And still some posters would probably prefer 200k to be spent on the woman's team than our first team...?

To be fair i'd spend 200k on the lassies team before i'd spend it on Craig Wighton.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Ritchez said:

So much gammon. 

I get a bit confused by this.

On one hand, there are people who believe the women's game is a threat to the men's game, simpy on economic terms - personally, i don't want us spending 6-figure sums on a ladies team when the first team is scrambling around the lower leagues for players, but that is just my opinion.

On the other hand, there are people who seem to think that being vaguely in support of the women's game means it is acceptable to treat the game like some sort of medieval meat market for old men (many of whom have daughters ffs) to stroke themselves stupid watching young ladies play sport. I suspect a lot of people would want the Hearts Ladies team calendar to be along the lines of the Pirelli one.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To be fair i'd spend 200k on the lassies team before i'd spend it on Craig Wighton.

He scored a goal in our last game. talking about the wimin did notice the strange throw in last night, probably sweaty hands.:sad:

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He scored a goal in our last game. talking about the wimin did notice the strange throw in last night, probably sweaty hands.:sad:

Will be their moisturiser.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Also using a token black man in Dion Dublin who’s never kicked a ball in his life and is presumably Irish anyway.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

On the other hand, there are people who seem to think that being vaguely in support of the women's game means it is acceptable to treat the game like some sort of medieval meat market for old men (many of whom have daughters ffs) to stroke themselves stupid watching young ladies play sport. I suspect a lot of people would want the Hearts Ladies team calendar to be along the lines of the Pirelli one.

Come on, NB, a wee letch is one of life's pleasures.

An attractive young lady is an attractive young lady  - whether she's playing soccerball or standing de-cloaked at the bus stop on tit Monday.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Also using a token black man in Dion Dublin who’s never kicked a ball in his life and is presumably Irish anyway.

:seething:

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Come on, NB, a wee letch is one of life's pleasures.

An attractive young lady is an attractive young lady  - whether she's playing soccerball or standing de-cloaked at the bus stop on tit Monday.

This is true.

I work in an environment that is approx 90% female and sometimes i am dangerously dehydrated by the time i get home.:hae36:

Stephane Grappelli
21 hours ago, Ritchez said:

So much gammon. 

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Totally. Sad.

So many people missing the firmly tongue in cheek nature of the OP.

21 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I get a bit confused by this.

On one hand, there are people who believe the women's game is a threat to the men's game, simpy on economic terms - personally, i don't want us spending 6-figure sums on a ladies team when the first team is scrambling around the lower leagues for players, but that is just my opinion.

Spend the money made from the Women's team on the Women, and from the Men's on the Men, Simple.

Sorry, but any money I spend, I want it spent on Hearts, not a team who resemble 11 shite footballers kicking with their wrong foot. 

No doubt, somewhere along the line they'll be wanting equal wages. Na, feck that.

Brighton Jambo

I struggle to understand how people can’t see that being proactive about growing our presence in the women’s game now is beneficial to the whole club including the men’s team.

If this World Cup has shown anything is that the women’s game is going to grow and grow and the media coverage and associated sponsorship opportunities along with it.  Before some smart arse asks me to quote numbers I can’t but it’s evident that’s where it’s going.  

And, if nothing else, it opens up our club to a whole new potential demographic of fans.  Not least the girls themselves but also parents and wider family who may now take greater interest in the club including the men’s team.  This will mean increased ticket and merchandise sales.  Imagine Scotland in the next World Cup and the Hearts centre forward scores the winner that takes Scotland to the quarter finals - how many young girls suddenly want a Hearts shirt...

In the grand scheme of things £200k is nothing to get ahead of the curve, if people can’t see that they are either being deliberately provocative  or it is a reflection of a short termism approach that reflects how they live their everyday lives.