I gave my consent...would you?

OBE

The Old Tolbooth
I wouldn't let a daughter of mine away on holiday without me being there until she was 18.

bearing in mind I know what most of them get up to ;)

also, LOL at the "PUMPED" comment.

Your really not making him feel any better!

:rofl:

Only a Game
Said she was exhausted after a long day travelling and was having an early night.

She's pulled already then ???:P:p

blondejamtart
Good on you captain, she'll do her own thing, and love you all the more for giving her wings. It's a toughie, but we're turning our bairns into indecisive fandangos destined to enrich their pals who do psycho-whatever at Napier Tech. If she blows it you'll be there for her, if she doesn't she'll respect you for trusting her,

Well said - one of the most difficult things about being a parent is having to loosen those apron strings, but you do them no favours whatsover by being over-protective.

doctor jambo

When they grow up I have no problem with my two boys going away and doing as they please pretty much

My daughter will be locked in a basement until I feel she is ready to see boys

( they will need to prise the keys from my cold dead fingers)

When they grow up I have no problem with my two boys going away and doing as they please pretty much

Are you Austrian?

doctor jambo
Are you Austrian?

THere is a difference between locking your daughter up and pumping her. As you fail to understand that concept, I have to ask- are you from Leith?

blondejamtart

Interesting....does that not smack of double standards just a wee bit? What if your boys are doing pretty much as they please with someone else's daughters?

I'm not criticising, but that does seem to be very much a "dad thing" - it's ok for the lads to do what they like, as long as it's not with MY daughter?

Interesting....does that not smack of double standards just a wee bit? What if your boys are doing pretty much as they please with someone else's daughters?

I'm not criticising, but that does seem to be very much a "dad thing" - it's ok for the lads to do what they like, as long as it's not with MY daughter?

Exactly.

Ray Winstone
Thought as much...;)

Your daughter is more than welcome to join the lads.

However it was MY daughter then she is being told that going on holiday without parents is a sin and she will go straight to hell.

Having just returned from Turkey with 17-year-old daughter and her best friend, all I can say is it's quite an experience! It is a big responsibility taking someone else's child away on holiday and you've got to be able to trust both your child and the parents concerned.

But then again, I've always believed it does no good whatsoever to wrap your kids up in cotton wool - they've got to get out there on their own in the big bad world at some point in their lives, after all!

Mind you, while daughter's friend behaved herself, I did to start to worry a wee bit that I might be coming back home with a Turkish son-in-law!Trust me, 17-year-old girls and Turkish barmen/dancers are quite a combination! :lol:

Your daughter doesn't seem to post on here any more. She was my friend. :sad:

blondejamtart
Your daughter doesn't seem to post on here any more. She was my friend. :sad:

Sorry sweetie, looks like you've been dumped for her new Turkish "friend" now....:cool:

John Findlay

As my father would put it.

With a boy you only have one penis to worry about.

With a girl you dont know how many.

John

chester copperpot

John

I noticed a young lassie about 14 who was out her tree last night when all the celebrations were going on.

Oh yeah, and she had a Hearts top on. :P

John

haha that's vile.

I went away to Thailand at 15 with my friend's parents. We were left very much to our own devices but night time there was a pretty cool wee bar in the hotel so we just drank there with them a fair bit (they were good banter).

Been on a few girly holidays since then and they have always been mental but only in a drinking and dancing sense...we were all pretty well behaved.

haha that's vile.

I went away to Thailand at 15 with my friend's parents. We were left very much to our own devices but night time there was a pretty cool wee bar in the hotel so we just drank there with them a fair bit (they were good banter).

Been on a few girly holidays since then and they have always been mental but only in a drinking and dancing sense...we were all pretty well behaved.

Hope the girls in Kavos this year will be more fun than you:rolleyes:

tommythejambo
Hope the girls in Kavos this year will be more fun than you:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Amen to that.

I noticed a young lassie about 14 who was out her tree last night when all the celebrations were going on.

Wisnae ma Lass, she was in the Bar Med, Said she won a Tee-shirt in some kinda competition. Said it was really warm and thanked the DJ for dousing her with iced water from time to time. I knew the locals would look after her. ;)

If you canae beat them eh?

Sorry sweetie, looks like you've been dumped for her new Turkish "friend" now....:cool:

:sad:

Tell her...tell her I'll wait for her. :sad:

The Old Tolbooth

At least she still had some clothes on at that point ;)

Archived