I gave my consent...would you?

OBE

My first born is female, fourteen years old and she's of to Benidorm with here best mate from school for a fortnight, yeh! her mate's parent's are going also.

My daughter's mate's Maw-n-Paw laid it on thick, explaining that last years holiday was a disaster because their daughter morphed into a kinda female Kevin from Harry Enfield.

This is the first time in fourteen years that she'll be away for more than three consecutive days, Jesus Christ! I thought me worrying about females was well and truly over.

Mobile phones topped up, she's got plenty cash, factor 35 is packed and I've removed the heavy eyeliner from her make-up bag, I know, I know she'll go buy another one. What could possibly go wrong eh?:sad:

chester copperpot
My first born is female, fourteen years old and she's of to Benidorm with here best mate from school for a fortnight, yeh! her mate's parent's are going also.

My daughter's mate's Maw-n-Paw laid it on thick, explaining that last years holiday was a disaster because their daughter morphed into a kinda female Kevin from Harry Enfield.

This is the first time in fourteen years that she'll be away for more than three consecutive days, Jesus Christ! I thought me worrying about females was well and truly over.

Mobile phones topped up, she's got plenty cash, factor 35 is packed and I've removed the heavy eyeliner from her make-up bag, I know, I know she'll go buy another one. What could possibly go wrong eh?:sad:

I'd say that depends on what she's like. If she's a pretty level headed 14 year old, she will be fine. If she's a total rocket, expect her to come back after doing all sorts of stuff she maybe wouldn't over here.

I am off to Benidorm today with my daughter. Luckily I wont have these trouble's that you are having for another 12 years. :)

I'd say that depends on what she's like. If she's a pretty level headed 14 year old, she will be fine. If she's a total rocket, expect her to come back after doing all sorts of stuff she maybe wouldn't over here.

I am off to Benidorm today with my daughter. Luckily I wont have these trouble's that you are having for another 12 years. :)

Sure she's level headed but she's not as street wise as my eleven year old skateboarding son (Apollo 13). Level headed and street wise, too much to ask for eh?

Enjoy your holiday CC.

chester copperpot
Sure she's level headed but she's not as street wise as my eleven year old skateboarding son (Apollo 13). Level headed and street wise, too much to ask for eh?

Enjoy your holiday CC.

Thanks mate. If I see a 14 year old lass with a Hearts top on, will go to the local supermercado and buy them loads of cheap wine. ;)

Sure she'll be fine, cant be easy on you though.

Thanks mate. If I see a 14 year old lass with a Hearts top on, will go to the local supermercado and buy them loads of cheap wine. ;)

Sure she'll be fine, cant be easy on you though.

That's it CC, she's got you duped already. They wont look like fourteen year old's. A bit of slap on, pelmet, boob-tube and lady bumps, "Oh man what the hell have I done"

Still time for their tour operator to go belly up yeh? :pray:

Just jokin...honest!

chester copperpot
That's it CC, she's got you duped already. They wont look like fourteen year old's. A bit of slap on, pelmet, boob-tube and lady bumps, "Oh man what the hell have I done"

Still time for their tour operator to go belly up yeh? :pray:

Just jokin...honest!

Sounding a bit like you're talking from experience. :rolleyes:

Sounding a bit like you're talking from experience. :rolleyes:

Me, mirrored shades, behave!.

Bon voyage!

alwaysthereinspirit

Each to there own I guess. I have a 15 year old. No way she gets out of my site for two weeks. That's just me though.

It's the other girls parents you need to trust. Your daughter is not their daughter and they wont feel they're responsible for her 24/7.

Good luck.

davemclaren
Each to there own I guess. I have a 15 year old. No way she gets out of my site for two weeks. That's just me though.

It's the other girls parents you need to trust. Your daughter is not their daughter and they wont feel they're responsible for her 24/7.

Good luck.

I disagree, When my eldest was 15 we took her and 2 of her mates with us to Mallorca. We felt just as much responsibility for the other 2. However, you have to trust them and give them some rope....with appropriate checks and balances in place.

They were fine, as far as I was aware. :rolleyes:

Ahh parents these days are so naive. What we get up to at 14 you probably never till you were 17. It's when they turn mid 15 that you need to worry though. Who knows, your daughter may even be an early starter:D

Glamorgan Jambo
It's the other girls parents you need to trust.

This is the key point. I can think of some of my daughters friends parents I'd allow them to go away with but a few I wouldn't. I'm sure it will be fine.

Well I was shunted out of Mummy and Daddy's sight when I was 5 to go to boarding school and it never did me any harm :-). I never ever ever got up to any mischief.

Well I was shunted out of Mummy and Daddy's sight when I was 5 to go to boarding school and it never did me any harm :-). I never ever ever got up to any mischief.

Hope that is sarcastic :cool:

:rolleyes:

We've read your posts before.:laugh:

Sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do.:dribble:

Hope that is sarcastic :cool:

I don't do sarcasm.:ahhhhhhh:

:sarcasm:

You're not a PSG supporter are you ?

:P

Lost me with that one Pussy Cat. ??????

We established earlier on this week that PSG absolutely LOVE the boaby. Its what you seemed to be inferring :dribble:

Never had a Boaby!!!! Although did have a Roberta once. Had a Billy (bit ironic considering my views on Billy Boys!!!). Definitely had a Jimmy. had a few who's names you would not be able to pronounce.

Ray Winstone

14 year olds in Benidorm - nothing will go wrong if her folks play a straight bat, but if they are the lenient sort then you might have a few problems.

Worst case senario - Pregnancy? Alchohol poisoning? Dodgy Tatoo?

Or it could be me just trying to give you the 'fear'

Never had a Boaby!!!! Although did have a Roberta once. Had a Billy (bit ironic considering my views on Billy Boys!!!). Definitely had a Jimmy. had a few who's names you would not be able to pronounce.

:biggrin:

What could possibly go wrong eh?:sad:

Lots of things. Lots and lots of things. You've made a terrible mistake.

What are your views on Nigerian mens genitals?

Ahh parents these days are so naive. What we get up to at 14 you probably never till you were 17. It's when they turn mid 15 that you need to worry though. Who knows, your daughter may even be an early starter:D

not being a parent i found this comment forking hilarious especially the last part

I'm offering 11/10 that she comes back pregnant.

Lovehearts, you should crush up some emergency contraception pills into her food when she comes back, just to be safe. :thumb:

Miller Jambo 60

PUMPED

MackaysCentreSpot

It all comes down to her friends parents and do you trust them to put your daughters interests first..

Will they let them run riot or will they watch them like a hawk?

blondejamtart

Having just returned from Turkey with 17-year-old daughter and her best friend, all I can say is it's quite an experience! It is a big responsibility taking someone else's child away on holiday and you've got to be able to trust both your child and the parents concerned.

But then again, I've always believed it does no good whatsoever to wrap your kids up in cotton wool - they've got to get out there on their own in the big bad world at some point in their lives, after all!

Mind you, while daughter's friend behaved herself, I did to start to worry a wee bit that I might be coming back home with a Turkish son-in-law!Trust me, 17-year-old girls and Turkish barmen/dancers are quite a combination! :lol:

Ray Winstone
Having just returned from Turkey with 17-year-old daughter and her best friend, all I can say is it's quite an experience! It is a big responsibility taking someone else's child away on holiday and you've got to be able to trust both your child and the parents concerned.

But then again, I've always believed it does no good whatsoever to wrap your kids up in cotton wool - they've got to get out there on their own in the big bad world at some point in their lives, after all!

Mind you, while daughter's friend behaved herself, I did to start to worry a wee bit that I might be coming back home with a Turkish son-in-law!Trust me, 17-year-old girls and Turkish barmen/dancers are quite a combination! :lol:

Look forward to an update in 9 months. ;)

PontiusPilate

I'd be worried that her mates Dad gets her ****ed and ends up making a Paris Hilton type home movie with her:eek:

blondejamtart
Look forward to an update in 9 months. ;)

Jeez...don't do that to me, I'm no way ready to become a granny just yet thank you very much!!

Turks are absolute sleazeballs.

My daughter called at 11:45 last night (sounded sober cool and calm) just to say she loved the apartments, the pool an the views over Benidorms Bay. Said she was exhausted after a long day travelling and was having an early night.

Thanks for all the positive stuff guy's, really appreciated. As for the negative.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My daughter called at 11:45 last night (sounded sober cool and calm) just to say she loved the apartments, the pool an the views over Benidorms Bay. Said she was exhausted after a long day travelling and was having an early night.

Thanks for all the positive stuff guy's, really appreciated. As for the negative.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Do you honestly think it was her idea to phone or rather she was guilt tripped into it by the other parents.

Besides, everybody knows you have to play it cool for a couple of days!

... 11:45 last night.... having an early night...
:eek::eek::eek:

So what would not an early night be classed as? Given that 11:45 for you would be quarter to 1 for her.

My 15 year old daughter have been away for almost 10 days to spain with her friend and mum and dad..

My daughter has had a great time,she has phoned every day but what has caused the most hassle is her friends mum.

Moaned about everything and even took the huff with the kids,,infact even told my daughter she had to pay for her own meal last night,even though id giving the mother ?150 for food.

I was raging at that cos the whole point of paying the money was not to be worrying about stuff like that

I had also giving my daughter enough money to pay for things to do and get by with day to day stuff..

Ive been friends with the mum for years but I wont be allowing my daughter to go away with them again..

since typing this up my daughter has been on the phone because the mother wanted me to look for flights coming home at a later date (they are due home tomorrow) couldnt find any,not that I tried hard enough because my daughter told me she wants to come home and not stay longer lol

The Old Tolbooth

23455582.jpg

Sorry mate, I just cant post that! :eek:

I wouldn't let a daughter of mine away on holiday without me being there until she was 18.

bearing in mind I know what most of them get up to ;)

also, LOL at the "PUMPED" comment.

heartgarfunkel

Good on you captain, she'll do her own thing, and love you all the more for giving her wings. It's a toughie, but we're turning our bairns into indecisive fandangos destined to enrich their pals who do psycho-whatever at Napier Tech. If she blows it you'll be there for her, if she doesn't she'll respect you for trusting her,

Archived