• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• The Internet

• shaun.lawson

• Taffin

An LFC fan on the BBC text saying this is the greatest starting 11 in Premier league history.....I'm going to excuse him as I suspect he has been on it since lunchtime. :kirklol:

Edited by VALDOS

8 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

An LFC fan on the BBC text saying this is the greatest starting 11 in Premier league history.....I'm going to excuse him as I suspect he has been on it since lunchtime. :kirklol:

Klopp said the EPL team of the year could have had 11 Liverpool players.

Man City under the radar this season. Watch them next season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Ibrahim Tall

Huddersfield are horrific, every time a Liverpool player gets the ball theres 2 or 3 other Liverpool players in miles of space.

The Internet

Huddersfield just aren't a premier league team at all. Miracle they got there and spent two seasons. 

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Half way there, need 4 goals in 25 minutes, doable

Goal difference not currently relevant. 

Only if Liverpool draw a game say v Wolves and Man City lose a game. 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Goal difference not currently relevant. 

Only if Liverpool draw a game say v Wolves and Man City lose a game. 

I know but that's 5 now

shaun.lawson
13 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Robertson is amazing. Liverpool are going to finish 2nd with 97 points.

When Celtic finished 2nd with 97 points, it was somewhat ridiculous. Liverpool finishing 2nd with 97 points, if it happens, is gonna be completely ridiculous. It's never happened in a major European league before. Not even Mourinho or Pellegrini's Madrid got to 97 when finishing behind Barca.

It's just an enormous pleasure watching both Liverpool and Man City. They're both outrageously brilliant football teams. It's just that in Liverpool's case, I think there's more improvement to come there. Salah's not been himself for considerable chunks of the season, and they need more creativity in midfield. If they can address that, it's frightening how good they're gonna end up.

Gotta love Klopp too. Does anyone have a bad word to say about him? That's awfully rare among top managers nowadays.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

When Celtic finished 2nd with 97 points, it was somewhat ridiculous. Liverpool finishing 2nd with 97 points, if it happens, is gonna be completely ridiculous. It's never happened in a major European league before. Not even Mourinho or Pellegrini's Madrid got to 97 when finishing behind Barca.

It's just an enormous pleasure watching both Liverpool and Man City. They're both outrageously brilliant football teams. It's just that in Liverpool's case, I think there's more improvement to come there. Salah's not been himself for considerable chunks of the season, and they need more creativity in midfield. If they can address that, it's frightening how good they're gonna end up.

Gotta love Klopp too. Does anyone have a bad word to say about him? That's awfully rare among top managers nowadays.

There was a thread bashing Klopp on here a few months back. Won't hear a bad word about him from me though, arguably my favourite manager in world football right now 

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

There was a thread bashing Klopp on here a few months back. Won't hear a bad word about him from me though, arguably my favourite manager in world football right now 

i8 heavily involved unsurprisingly. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

All fair. 

Although, whoever is ends up second it will be ridiculous, whether it be 97 or slightly less points. 

Think there could be a twist yet tbh. 

shaun.lawson
41 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

All fair. 

Although, whoever is ends up second it will be ridiculous, whether it be 97 or slightly less points. 

Think there could be a twist yet tbh. 

A lot of people are looking at the Burnley game, naturally. If there's a twist, I think it's more likely to be against Leicester. Not just because of Rodgers either. City haven't beaten Leicester without needing a shootout in either meeting this season.

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Naturally. His thread I believe. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

This thread. 

:cornette: 

Imagine calling Klopp a "prize winning welt"; "hating" Mo Salah, who's only an inspiration to his entire continent... while admiring Margaret Thatcher and having a wee soft spot for Tommy Robinson.

Astounding. 

The Old Tolbooth

I was simply hoping (clutching at straws) that a big Liverpool win last night might just put that little bit more pressure on City, more of a psychological thing as goal difference shouldn't come into the equation really. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

This thread. 

:cornette: 

Imagine calling Klopp a "prize winning welt"; "hating" Mo Salah, who's only an inspiration to his entire continent... while admiring Margaret Thatcher and having a wee soft spot for Tommy Robinson.

Astounding. 

Mo Salah does seem like a complete dong to be fair to i8. 

On your earlier point, it's large chunks of this season Salah has looked himself. Last season was the one that was out of the ordinary. 

11 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I'm not a fan.Good manager though.

If Liverpool win do not win the league or champions league how many seasons is that without any trophy for Kopp. 

10 minutes ago, benny said:

I'm not a fan.Good manager though.

If Liverpool win do not win the league or champions league how many seasons is that without any trophy for Kopp. 

They've managed to attain a brilliant following in the media. Man City mostly ignored. 

I would say 2nd place with nearly 100 points and Champions League semi finals if that is what happens is very good. Same as what Leeds did in 1970 for example. 

But they still might win both. 

Lennon not happy with Celtic by the looks of it :D

Lots of empty seats for the champions elect

And Sinclair scuffs a golden chance as I write this

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Mo Salah does seem like a complete dong to be fair to i8. 

On your earlier point, it's large chunks of this season Salah has looked himself. Last season was the one that was out of the ordinary. 

In what way ?...fantastic player whose fault seems to be he has scored a fewer goals this season and yet he has scored over 20 league goals.  A man who gives of his time and money to help his home village and many in Liverpool..who is really the !!!! Taffin ?

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

In what way ?...fantastic player whose fault seems to be he has scored a fewer goals this season and yet he has scored over 20 league goals.  A man who gives of his time and money to help his home village and many in Liverpool..who is really the !!!! Taffin ?

Maybe he meant Mo Farah:whistling:

54 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

In that he's greedy and not a team player to my eyes and is more interested in scoring goals himself that what's best for the team. The interview the other week when he was claiming the own goal was cringeworthy.

In most seasons of his career he's been really poor. He's had one exceptional one and one very good one (this). Once he's done it for another 4 or 5 then you could say that's become his normal level.

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In that he's greedy and not a team player to my eyes and is more interested in scoring goals himself that what's best for the team. The interview the other week when he was claiming the own goal was cringeworthy.

In most seasons of his career he's been really poor. He's had one exceptional one and one very good one (this). Once he's done it for another 4 or 5 then you could say that's become his normal level.

He got his move to Liverpool on the back of 2 great seasons with Roma so that's 4 in a row right away. Plus his time with basel which got him a move to Chelsea. Certainly not really poor for most of his career :lol: Agree that he's become greedy but given Liverpool have lost once all season I dont think thats a real problem for them. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He got his move to Liverpool on the back of 2 great seasons with Roma so that's 4 in a row right away. Plus his time with basel which got him a move to Chelsea. Certainly not really poor for most of his career :lol: Agree that he's become greedy but given Liverpool have lost once all season I dont think thats a real problem for them. 

Okay really poor is wrong...average  then for most of his career. Nowhere even remotely close to the levels he set last year certainly; that's still the anomaly which was my point really. 

Bad Religion
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Okay really poor is wrong...average  then for most of his career. Nowhere even remotely close to the levels he set last year certainly; that's still the anomaly which was my point really. 

Haha, what a load or rubbish. 

36 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Haha, what a load or rubbish. 

In what sense? You reckon playing decent for Basel in the Swiss league is world class? Or scoring 15 goals in serie A is as good as scoring 40 in the EPL?

Or that actually it's not rubbish and he's had one great season

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Norwich going up. What an unbelievable strike for their 2nd. 

Should be about 6 or 7 up. Just hope it doesn't come back to haunt them.

Need to replace Krul though if they get up.

Just now, neilnunb said:

Promotion for the Canaries ??

And Sheffield United pretty much confirmed too with superior goal difference.

While big budget West Brom, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Derby fighting over the Play Offs while favourites Stoke nowhere. 

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

In what sense? You reckon playing decent for Basel in the Swiss league is world class? Or scoring 15 goals in serie A is as good as scoring 40 in the EPL?

Or that actually it's not rubbish and he's had one great season

Taffin you have missed your vocation.....as a man who keeps digging (and still spouts rubbish) you should have clearly become a miner

Lets see some facts ....

Salah's 21st league goal of the campaign saw him take the record for the most goals scored (69) by a Liverpool player in his first 100 games for the club.

The Egyptian also moved ahead of team-mate Sadio Mane - who also scored twice against the Terriers - in the race for the Golden Boot when he slid his second goal past Jonas Lossl late on.

Salah has become only the third Liverpool player to score more than 20 Premier League goals in consecutive seasons for the club, after Robbie Fowler (1994-95 and 1995-96) and Luis Suarez (2012-13 and 2013-14) also achieved the feat.

The current African player of the year

Just now, CJGJ said:

Taffin you have missed your vocation.....as a man who keeps digging (and still spouts rubbish) you should have clearly become a miner

Lets see some facts ....

Salah's 21st league goal of the campaign saw him take the record for the most goals scored (69) by a Liverpool player in his first 100 games for the club.

The Egyptian also moved ahead of team-mate Sadio Mane - who also scored twice against the Terriers - in the race for the Golden Boot when he slid his second goal past Jonas Lossl late on.

Salah has become only the third Liverpool player to score more than 20 Premier League goals in consecutive seasons for the club, after Robbie Fowler (1994-95 and 1995-96) and Luis Suarez (2012-13 and 2013-14) also achieved the feat.

The current African player of the year

I've not questioned Salah for his time at Liverpool. I said last season was a blip. He's been good this season and extraordinary last season. Up until then was all a bit meh. But thanks for sharing things I already knew.

I never said he wasn't a good player, he's an excellent player currently. Until he's done that for 4 or 5 years I'd say his for for the last 2 years is not the usual for him.

He's also not a patch on Hazard.

There was a situation in the Leeds v Aston Villa (yes, John McGinn was booked). 

Leeds scored just playing as normal when a Villa player went down from a tackle in the other half. They did nothing wrong. But Villa players stopped. It all kicked off and Villa player was sent off for reaction. 

Leeds after a discussion on touchline let Villa score from kick off. 

I saw it all on replay cos I had a stream while watching derby. Villa player might have been feigning it. Didn't see Leeds do anything wrong in scoring goal. 

Anyway will be debated. And they could be the Play Off final. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

There was a situation in the Leeds v Aston Villa (yes, John McGinn was booked). 

Leeds scored just playing as normal when a Villa player went down from a tackle in the other half. They did nothing wrong. But Villa players stopped. It all kicked off and Villa player was sent off for reaction. 

Leeds after a discussion on touchline let Villa score from kick off. 

I saw it all on replay cos I had a stream while watching derby. Villa player might have been feigning it. Didn't see Leeds do anything wrong in scoring goal. 

Anyway will be debated. And they could be the Play Off final.