• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• been here before

9 hours ago, Bauld said:

Behind his left hand. Is that a child giving him the finger?

quite a few sheep confirming to Steven the score is now 1-1.  Looks like the child is making an 'L' for Loser sign...how very wrong.  The guy bottom right knows the inevitable outcome hence his vacant stare...MAGIC!  Hate these whinging pri**s!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

The way he controlled the ball, sat a good Aberdeen keeper on his arse and going one way before slotting the ball home shows a modicum of ability in my book. 

Believe me, in my 57 years of watching the Hearts I have witnessed many who could not lace MacLean's boots.

He’s shite. We seem to have no standards anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s shite. We seem to have no standards anymore.

Compare to what? I started going in about 1984 and apart from a wee spell under vlad I can’t remember not having our squad (after first 11) made up of average to poor players. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

Compare to what? I started going in about 1984 and apart from a wee spell under vlad I can’t remember not having our squad (after first 11) made up of average to poor players. 

You can’t remember good teams since 1984?

The White Cockade

Steven Maclean would have been a great signing a few years back

Sharp and intelligent player

He's past his best now but still shows glimpses of his ability

The ball flew at him on Wednesday after the Aberdeen boy missed it

He controlled it first time brilliantly and calmly slotted home

Anybody who says he's s*** is talking s***

Start of last season he, Naismith and Uche were playing some of the best football

we've seen in years

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You can’t remember good teams since 1984?

You know that’s not what I said so why respond the way you have? 

I said there here has always been poor to average players in the squad excluding the first 11. 

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, RS86 said:

Been sent this by a Saints supporting mate. Felt appropriate to post here

received_2355765164677814.jpeg.269f7d7a8abd4c522d2228f906e929da.jpeg

That's how I remember it - Steven rushed over to console the Aberdeen fans when they lost the lead in the match.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Idiot supporters like you are allowed these days 

He was all over the pitch closing down the ball. There was one he sprinted from near the wheatfield to block a ball in front if the main stand. His touch and finish for the goal were calmness personified and in general when we play football he’s great at pulling defenders to let others find space. Intelligent footballer and good player to have in the squad. 

9 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He must be close. There’s genuinely nothing he does well

He doesnt even come close to being the worst not by a long shot.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

He was all over the pitch closing down the ball. There was one he sprinted from near the wheatfield to block a ball in front if the main stand. His touch and finish for the goal were calmness personified and in general when we play football he’s great at pulling defenders to let others find space. Intelligent footballer and good player to have in the squad. 

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

He doesnt even come close to being the worst not by a long shot.

He wont even be the worst in the current squad as long as Wighton is still at the club.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You know that’s not what I said so why respond the way you have?

I said there here has always been poor to average players in the squad excluding the first 11. 

The answer to your question is 'trolling'!

I think people sometimes forget Maclean was basically signed as a guy to play 10-15 games a season, maybe starting against 'weaker' opposition and coming off the bench when needed, while passing on some experience to younger lads. Levein has said as much. What actually happened was a horrific set of injuries that meant a 36 year old played 35 games in a season. And in a time where we criticise injury prone players, then surely a guy who looks after himself as professionally as he must do deserves credit. 

Worth noting that he now has 8 goals in 41 games which won't be the worst record for a player of his type (ie not really a striker). 

He gets a lot more stick than others in our past with less goals like Bjorn Johnsen, Holt, Novikovas, Cesnauskis. 

It has to be a certain set of conditions for him to make any impact. No doubt decent in his day and for a short while when he had a decent partnership with Naismith he played his part but now my heart sinks if I see him in starting 11. 

been here before

The nick of some of them...

20190927_215319.jpg.3e3df5b33359228c740032ec4a000dd3.jpg

...the highlighted greasy haired ginger welt has the most freaky looking fingers Ive ever seen. Doubtless stranger to being knuckle deep in the mutton.

Edited by been here before

10 hours ago, maggieb said:

Works for me , if so , free drinks for life 

There’s a gif of him saying something and that’s what it looks like

Dr Ian Malcolm

Chips in with a few goals, links play cleverly, rarely injured, bams up opposition and spear tackled Lewis Stevenson at Easter Road. Quite what some folk expect from a 37-year-old back up striker I don't know, but he'll do for me.

19 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

I think people sometimes forget Maclean was basically signed as a guy to play 10-15 games a season, maybe starting against 'weaker' opposition and coming off the bench when needed, while passing on some experience to younger lads. Levein has said as much. What actually happened was a horrific set of injuries that meant a 36 year old played 35 games in a season. And in a time where we criticise injury prone players, then surely a guy who looks after himself as professionally as he must do deserves credit. 

Worth noting that he now has 8 goals in 41 games which won't be the worst record for a player of his type (ie not really a striker). 

He gets a lot more stick than others in our past with less goals like Bjorn Johnsen, Holt, Novikovas, Cesnauskis. 

What a bizarre list of players to compare against. 

3 hours ago, The Merse said:

What a bizarre list of players to compare against. 

I was just trying to think of attacking players who were less criticised for their goal return. Not that important, just a footnote really. My main point was above.