Time for a new big flag?

neilnunb

been here before
7 hours ago, ADAM said:

Rather than a single big flag, it would be far more impressive to have a re-run of the flag display organised by the FOH in the Wheatfield. I think that display cost £6000 (50p per flag) wth the club and FOH each paying £3000.  

20,000 maroon and white flags covering North/West/South upper & lower stands with FOH, club and kickback all contributing to the cost of around £10,000. I think that's feasible and doable.

Ive got 6 of those in the house so Ill bring my own. Saves me putting 3 quid in.

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think a big flag is a great idea. It could have photos from 1998, 2006 and 2012 and have some sort of tag line maybe 'you could be heroes" something like that

Far, far, far too much like 'A Time For Heroes'. Shite idea.

A card display would be a good way to go. Don’t think we’ve ever done anything on a grand scale. Time for the fans to step up and do what we can. 

allystrachan

Agree that we need to make a display of some sorts.

what it is, what it’s made of & who organises it will all be up for debate though.

13 hours ago, Homme said:

Why a new one when we already have bought and paid for one?

Can't believe how little appetite there is to use it. It's size being cited as the reason. It's about a quarter size of some displays in Europe :lol:

IIRC isn’t the old flag ruined completely? It was sitting in some container and I believe is now a complete mess.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Maroon glow sticks and white lights from phones would look good. 

Half joking ☺️

100% a card display simple maroon and white section by section.. wouldn’t be expensive and would be easy to set up. We could also request the flag to be put in the ugly grey area behind the goals!