Time for a new big flag?

neilnunb

indianajones

I'd be up for a new flag as long as it is the same size as the last and features Levein out on it. 

On a more serious note, a new flag would be pretty good! 

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am I correct in thinking that’s a toilet task? ?

You are.

Jambo, Goodbye

I'd happily donate toward a new flag,  so long as it was smaller and able to be used far more often than the current one. 

Hope the big flag makes a cup final appearance anaw! 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I'd happily donate toward a new flag,  so long as it was smaller and able to be used far more often than the current one. 

Hope the big flag makes a cup final appearance anaw! 

The big flag was pretty impractical given its size. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The big flag was pretty impractical given its size. 

What condition is it in? Think last I heard it wasn't too great?

davemclaren
Just now, neilnunb said:

What condition is it in? Think last I heard it wasn't too great?

It’s not in great condition. 

Dagger Is Back

Whilst it was a magnificent design and sight, it’s  definitely a case of biggest ain’t always the best.

It’s a huge job to get it on display. 

Personally I don’t think we need a display. Just everyone to wear maroon, take a scarf and give it laldy

Could always fund raise and buy 250 maroon smoke bombs and 250 white?

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Giant flag of that photo of Lennon on his arse in front of the Wheatfield 

Two top posts in a row, Pants. :thumbsup:

Whip round for maroon and white streamers to be launched during a twirly. Simple and effective.

Howdy Doody Jambo
21 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Whip round for maroon and white streamers to be launched during a twirly. Simple and effective.

Would this not be a health and safety issue in the currency climate of Scottish fitbaw, complaints and claims of fans being struck by a paper streamer may result in a potential injury 

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Any excuse :lol:

zyzyzemu.jpg

It wasn't purely the size of the big flag that was the issue, it was the type of material it was made from. One that size but in a lightweight material would be much easier to handle.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Drape the old flag from the roof until kick off?

We could get Uche to drape it over his shoulders as the team walk out. 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

I'd be up for a new flag as long as it is the same size as the last and features Levein out on it. 

:jjyay:

29 minutes ago, kila said:

Wish we could stick things in the big space behind the goals

Sure Celtic did that with a badge in 2016/17 final

Could we not raise funds to try and get a scarf on every seat or every second seat? That's everyone sorted for the mass twirly if we can. 

6 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Could we not raise funds to try and get a scarf on every seat or every second seat? That's everyone sorted for the mass twirly if we can. 

This.

Anyone asked the young team ? They're bound to be planning something, given the opposition. Plenty of pyro's and maybe splash out on a flute band.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Can we raise funds for a new flag and all vote on what should go on it?Mccraes for me, reference to FOH on it too.

Jambos_1874

Can we put the money towards a plane and a banner please? Message should be along the lines of "Neil Lennon is a shitebag".

3 hours ago, Australis...... said:

How about 3, 4 or 5 smaller flags that are easier to set up

How about reducing the size of the big flag and make 5 smaller ones,  if it’s in a bad way, why not split it up and have a Rudi , Robbo and Dave mackay ect 

49 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Love it.

10 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Can we put the money towards a plane and a banner please? Message should be along the lines of "Neil Lennon is a shitebag".

Superb.:rofl:

Why a new one when we already have bought and paid for one?

Can't believe how little appetite there is to use it. It's size being cited as the reason. It's about a quarter size of some displays in Europe :lol:

Rather than a single big flag, it would be far more impressive to have a re-run of the flag display organised by the FOH in the Wheatfield. I think that display cost £6000 (50p per flag) wth the club and FOH each paying £3000.  

20,000 maroon and white flags covering North/West/South upper & lower stands with FOH, club and kickback all contributing to the cost of around £10,000. I think that's feasible and doable.

Edited by ADAM

Shanks said no
27 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Rather than a single big flag, it would be far more impressive to have a re-run of the flag display organised by the FOH in the Wheatfield. I think that display cost £6000 (50p per flag) wth the club and FOH each paying £3000.  

20,000 maroon and white flags covering North/West/South upper & lower stands with FOH, club and kickback all contributing to the cost of around £10,000. I think that's feasible and doable.

Well I will need a maroon one, I am not waving a white flag versus Celtic, ever

rudi must stay

I think a big flag is a great idea. It could have photos from 1998, 2006 and 2012 and have some sort of tag line maybe 'you could be heroes" something like that

I liked the display from FOH but I would say for a Scottish Cup Final it's not enough. Although I'm sure the club will have ideas, we're not bad at that these days

Doctor FinnBarr

I went through to Hamdump the day before the St Midden final to lay out the big flag, Graygo picked me up and there was plenty of us to sort things out, come the game on the Sunday I think it was left to me and Shapes plus plenty randoms to get the flag moving, sorry to anyone who helped and I havn't mentioned

9 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

:yas:

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Homme said:

Why a new one when we already have bought and paid for one?

Can't believe how little appetite there is to use it. It's size being cited as the reason. It's about a quarter size of some displays in Europe :lol:

Lets do this Homme