save our hearts 2 ( merged threads )

Guest jambomickey

Guest jambomickey

who would back a save our hearts 2? i think something gotta be done but i think all the fans got to be united together.

Not being funny but how would this help? In the last SOH there was not enough money donated to buy enough shares to make a difference. With the TOTAL control Vlad has ( he won't care if we throw the toys out the pram) how can SOH make their point? There was also the " debacle" with the shares bought and people not receiving them ect,ect. There has already been a call to boycott season tickets( I bought mine:mad: ) that doesn't seem to have worked.

I am not trying to put you down, but I just can't see what we can do, that will make any difference. Some on here are asking what is your breaking point? Personally if the new stand doesn't appear that would do it for me. I have said before, I think that VR is depending on the extra revenue that a new stand will bring. Until the stand is up, no new players or any improvments will happen. Personally I can see bottom six and possibly relegation, as we wait for the stand but feel confidant that, IF it is built, then everything else will follow.

lawriejambo
who would back a save our hearts 2? i think something gotta be done but i think all the fans got to be united together.

Like the last time ?

It would take a huge amount of cash to even tempt Vlad to sell up, an lets be honest they could not even raise a fraction of what would be required.

Wishfull thinking my friend.

We have to be honest there is not one person or a group of people willing to stump up ...

So what now.

No chance.

As much chance of solidarity amongst our support as fly in the air, even if there was something to unite us, which there isn't. A complete and utter waste of time.

then the names come back into the frame,

peter mcgrail, ( that pat guy )

if they were serious why haven't they spoken about it, it can only be a matter of time till something has to be done!

HEARTS FOREVER

Right people enough is enough, the time has come for a save our Hearts 2, the club is a mess and its time the supporters did something about this sorry mess.

IMO this should have been started ages ago but its better late than never.

Officially make my name 1st on the list.

I want to discuss on this thread how the KB can contribute.:o

I dont think it would work.. It will cost a **** load of money to buy vlad out, and that if he even want to sell...

what about a boycott for the hull game? its live on telly it will give out a pretty clear sign we are not happy and it doesn't really affect the players?!!

SOH 2 seems pointless as there is no way we could raise the cash, plus i dont really want vlad out i just want him to delivery what he has promised!!

Cat Stevens

Sequels can be hit or miss. Can we change the name to 'Don't Break Our Hearts'?

davemclaren

Defend our Hearts?

DOH! :rolleyes:

People are worried about what's happening at the club and I suppose it's a natural reaction to look to previously active groups to take action. But I'm waiting to see what the actual plan is before I decide whether I would lend my support or not, assuming they decide to re-form and do anything at all of course.

The campaign would be very different this time, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the supporters could collectively raise enough cash to make a difference of any sort. If it's a campaign designed to promote change and facilitate greater communication between Vlad and the fans then yes, I might think it's a good idea. But to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what impact SOH can have when there's no leverage there and no way to obtain influence over any decisions made in the running of the club.

Still, we can only wait and see.

The " Every Recent Supporter Expects Silverware." campaign.

:) :) :)

tynie_legend
what about a boycott for the hull game? its live on telly it will give out a pretty clear sign we are not happy and it doesn't really affect the players?!!

SOH 2 seems pointless as there is no way we could raise the cash, plus i dont really want vlad out i just want him to delivery what he has promised!!

I renewed my ST - but I am not paying out any more money on new kits, pre-season games (the prices are a total disgrace, but thats a different issue) until this whole joke of a managerial situation is sorted out.

The " Every Recent Supporter Expects Silverware." campaign.

I don't think it's fair to suggest that the increasing levels of concern have anything to do with fair weather fans. The way I see it, it actually has less to do with last season and the lack of results on the pitch and more to do with the huge number of questions that fans now have, the prolonged silence and lack of any answers. People can only cope with so much and when you look at the number of bizarre and/or unpleasant things that are going on at the club, I think we have every right to be looking for reassurance.

Fair weather fans are unlikely to think much further than the next game, or at most the next season. They really are not going to be remotely fussed about long term sustainability of the club are they?

Ron Burgundy
I don't think it's fair to suggest that the increasing levels of concern have anything to do with fair weather fans. The way I see it, it actually has less to do with last season and the lack of results on the pitch and more to do with the huge number of questions that fans now have, the prolonged silence and lack of any answers. People can only cope with so much and when you look at the number of bizarre and/or unpleasant things that are going on at the club, I think we have every right to be looking for reassurance.

Fair weather fans are unlikely to think much further than the next game, or at most the next season. They really are not going to be remotely fussed about long term sustainability of the club are they?

It was only a bit of humour.A wee dig at the po faced beggars on here who would run home crying to mummy if they found a fiver because it wasn't a tenner.

It was only a bit of humour.A wee dig at the po faced beggars on here who would run home crying to mummy if they found a fiver because it wasn't a tenner.

This is hardly the time for humour. Pfft.

;)

Pants Shaton

Q1. Is Romanov jeopardising the long-term future of Hearts?

If the plans for a new stand proceed then it would be ridiculous to reach this conclusion. The investment and effort required to bring the redevelopment to fruition would would not be compatible with someone planning to 'asset strip'. Furthermore, the money spent (wasted) on Pinilla, Beslija, Nade and Kingston hardly fits with someone intent on screwing every last penny out of a business which was hardly likely to offer rich pickings for asset stripping.

A1. If the new stand is built - NO; If not, MAYBE.

Q2. Is Romanov's interfering in football matters harming the short-term fortunes of the club

Surely no one would contest that this is the case. Out with the Old Firm, the level of spending on playing staff has been unprecedented. If this had been matched with a proven manager operating autonomously we would have, at very least, finished 3rd over the past 2 seasons.

A2. YES

Q3. Would it be in the club's best interest for Romanov to sell up?

Unless there is a multi-millionaire Hearts supporter waiting in the wings (which there's not) this is a no-brainer.

A3. NO

Q4. Is there something to protest against and would it change anything?

If the conclusion of Q2 is sound, then protesting against Romanov's ongoing interference may benefit the short-term interests of the club. That is contingent upon Romanov actually being susceptible to external pressures; if he's not it will achieve nothing.

A4. So there is something to protest against (YES) but can we change anything: MAYBE.

Q5. What is the most effective means of protest?

I can't imagine Romanov will be losing too much sleep over the threat of 1000 fans marching down Gorgie Road with banners held high. We are not just customers, we are supporters, so the option of with transferring your custom elsewhere doesn't exist as it would do with any other business. Making the renewal of season tickets (and extra spending on merchandise) conditional upon his keeping the January 1st promise is direct and sends out an unequivocal message. We are not demanding trophies - just what the fans of every other Scottish club take for granted.

A5. That any protest will be effective is a fairly big assumption, however refusing to commit a season's worth of cash up front seems reasonable (to me at least)

Talk of SoH2 is premature, especially with no clear goals to unify the support and no realistic strategy to achieve them.

PresidentRomanov
Q1. Is Romanov jeopardising the long-term future of Hearts?

If the plans for a new stand proceed then it would be ridiculous to reach this conclusion. The investment and effort required to bring the redevelopment to fruition would would not be compatible with someone planning to 'asset strip'. Furthermore, the money spent (wasted) on Pinilla, Beslija, Nade and Kingston hardly fits with someone intent on screwing every last penny out of a business which was hardly likely to offer rich pickings for asset stripping.

A1. If the new stand is built - NO; If not, MAYBE.

Q2. Is Romanov's interfering in football matters harming the short-term fortunes of the club

Surely no one would contest that this is the case. Out with the Old Firm, the level of spending on playing staff has been unprecedented. If this had been matched with a proven manager operating autonomously we would have, at very least, finished 3rd over the past 2 seasons.

A2. YES

Q3. Would it be in the club's best interest for Romanov to sell up?

Unless there is a multi-millionaire Hearts supporter waiting in the wings (which there's not) this is a no-brainer.

A3. NO

Q4. Is there something to protest against and would it change anything?

If the conclusion of Q2 is sound, then protesting against Romanov's ongoing interference may benefit the short-term interests of the club. That is contingent upon Romanov actually being susceptible to external pressures; if he's not it will achieve nothing.

A4. So there is something to protest against (YES) but can we change anything: MAYBE.

Q5. What is the most effective means of protest?

I can't imagine Romanov will be losing too much sleep over the threat of 1000 fans marching down Gorgie Road with banners held high. We are not just customers, we are supporters, so the option of with transferring your custom elsewhere doesn't exist as it would do with any other business. Making the renewal of season tickets (and extra spending on merchandise) conditional upon his keeping the January 1st promise is direct and sends out an unequivocal message. We are not demanding trophies - just what the fans of every other Scottish club take for granted.

A5. That any protest will be effective is a fairly big assumption, however refusing to commit a season's worth of cash up front seems reasonable (to me at least)

Talk of SoH2 is premature, especially with no clear goals to unify the support and no realistic strategy to achieve them.

And especially seeing as eveyone's going to be happy as larry in the coming weeks :)

Pants Shaton
And especially seeing as eveyone's going to be happy as larry in the coming weeks :)

The time to panic is if the stadium redevelopment is shelved.

Is your source, regarding the new manager, reliable?

PresidentRomanov
The time to panic is if the stadium redevelopment is shelved.

Is your source, regarding the new manager, reliable?

The horses mouth :)

What about Tyne for Change?

I'm not for geting rid of Vlad (thats well nigh impossible), we need him to change his approach.

The approach needs to be a mixture of delegation (to a new manager) and communication (to the fans)

Buffalo Bill
Right people enough is enough, the time has come for a save our Hearts 2, the club is a mess and its time the supporters did something about this sorry mess.

IMO this should have been started ages ago but its better late than never.

Officially make my name 1st on the list.

I want to discuss on this thread how the KB can contribute.:o

About time too.

Where is the meeting?

I'm right up for this.

Buffalo Bill

Geoff Kilpatrick

A better name would be CHARM - Concerned Hearts Against Romanov Meddling - I think every Hearts fan can relate to that.

The point is that we need something that fans can rally round and unite. I think this is the best position.

We can also say that we are on a CHARM offensive with Romanov.

Thoughts?

I think we should be more worried that Romanov decides he's had enough, and calls in the debt. Then we are totally fecked.

Like it or not our fate is in his hands, and there's absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.

gowestjambo
I think we should be more worried that Romanov decides he's had enough, and calls in the debt. Then we are totally fecked.

Like it or not our fate is in his hands, and there's absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.

The world would be a different place today if everyone meekly accepted their fate! I cannot understand why we accept the destruction of our team and stand by watching.

I am not advocating the idea of Romanov being bought out, but surely a concerted effort of all Hearts fans is needed now more than ever!

The choice at this stage appears simple - stand idly by and accept his way, or unite and let our voice be heard (before its too late!)

Walter Kidd
The world would be a different place today if everyone meekly accepted their fate! I cannot understand why we accept the destruction of our team and stand by watching.

I am not advocating the idea of Romanov being bought out, but surely a concerted effort of all Hearts fans is needed now more than ever!

The choice at this stage appears simple - stand idly by and accept his way, or unite and let our voice be heard (before its too late!)

9000 season tickets sold would vouch for Romanov and his henchmen.

If Romanov did decide to call in the debt he would look to sell the stadium and players of value. Given that, by most accounts, the debt exceeds the value of both of those, surely VR would stand to lose a significant amount of money.

In this case the debt being higher than our assets might mean we do actually have a pressure point which we can push.

I don't think he'll be keen at all to report a loss of money.

Apologies if my assumption abut the debt level is incorrect.

gowestjambo
9000 season tickets sold would vouch for Romanov and his henchmen.

This is the "hard core" who were around prior to Romanov appearing on the scene, and how many of the hard core (of which I am one!) condone his methods?

The fact that 9,000 have purchased a season ticket like they have always done is hardly a vote of confidence for the muppet that currently owns our club!

Walter Kidd
This is the "hard core" who were around prior to Romanov appearing on the scene, and how many of the hard core (of which I am one!) condone his methods?

The fact that 9,000 have purchased a season ticket like they have always done is hardly a vote of confidence for the muppet that currently owns our club!

Absolute tosh.

But Vlad won't see it what way, will he?

Every renewal is a vote of confidence in his eyes I reckon

Thats exactly what it is mate!

Ok maybe we shouldn't have a SOH 2 as we couldn't raise the money to influence a takeover but it doesn't stop us protesting in different ways to let the mad one know we are not very happy.

We can donate money to SOH so posters, cards, flags etc etc can be made so we can show our concern to his puppets in the main stand and to the media. The media can be a big help as this will be shown across different countries.

The last thing I want to see is Hearts get into more debt by building this fancy new stand. As things stand there is no need for this as the support is dwindling and the prospect for change is not on the horizon.

We all have to take responsibility to make sure Hearts continue with or without Vlad as he is only interested in profit taking as he is a business man first who doesn't really care for the club.

The clearest sign that the club is in danger is now, Frail is at dobbies, Charlie Mann has left the club and his recent statements, managers don't want to take the job due to vlads interference as its business not football.

Its time for change. Lets stop having ago at other Hearts fans and lets start doing something about how the club is being ran.

FTH

This is the "hard core" who were around prior to Romanov appearing on the scene

No its not.

I know more people who haven't renewed than people who have and the vast majority of them are guys like me who've had an ST for over 25 years.

I don't believe the 9,000 figure either. It wouldn't be the first and certainly won't be the last time the club have played the bullshiiiit card.

You still sure about that??

maroonlegions

true ,its time we all grew a bit of b*** and organized something and its time we CALLED HIS BLUFF, THAT THE ONLY WAY TO STAND UP TO BULLIES .:cool:

maroonlegions

OH, AND ADD MY NAME TOO, this could be the start of something big here , the more JKBs up for it the better, as they say the more the merrier.:);) its time to call his ..............

BLUFF.:stitch::horse:

The horses mouth :)

I know the source. He's as sound as you can get.

I know the source. He's as sound as you can get.

But wrong on this occassion?

If it is the horses mouth, it is either the man taking over or Vlad. I get the feeling it is neither.

Skacel'sLeftFoot

Hardcore or softcore - loyal supporter or fairweather supporter? Irrelevant. What is relevant is that VR cares about money and IF 9000 have renewed, then 9000 have lined his pockets with somewhere in the region of 2.5 million quid. If I was Vlad, I'd be wetting myself.

Maybe 4000 e-mails to the Club voicing our concerns may be impactive?

gowestjambo
Hardcore or softcore - loyal supporter or fairweather supporter? Irrelevant. What is relevant is that VR cares about money and IF 9000 have renewed, then 9000 have lined his pockets with somewhere in the region of 2.5 million quid. If I was Vlad, I'd be wetting myself.

Maybe 4000 e-mails to the Club voicing our concerns may be impactive?

It would certainly be better than doing nothing, which is exactly what most fans are doing!

Some folk on here however, appear to have no problem with the way our club is currently being run!

Nothing worth doing has every been easy!

But wrong on this occassion?

I don't know, but the source is as reliable as they get.

Incidentally, I'm not one for posting or propogating rumours. I've never even put one in the Gullit Lounge. This story may turn out to be wrong, but the source is genuine.

gowestjambo
But Vlad won't see it what way, will he?

Every renewal is a vote of confidence in his eyes I reckon

All the more reason to make him aware that although we have forked out again, I dont know of many who have done so because of his methods! How many of us are looking forward to the season with any confidence?

gowestjambo
No its not.

I know more people who haven't renewed than people who have and the vast majority of them are guys like me who've had an ST for over 25 years.

I don't believe the 9,000 figure either. It wouldn't be the first and certainly won't be the last time the club have played the bullshiiiit card.

No its not? Yes it is we had 9,000 S/T holders prior to Romanov!

However I agree the current number sold may well be lower!

Archived