SUPPORTERS BUSES

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

A wee change who goes on what bus and for how long.

Was with the Rainbow but the boy likes the porto bus.

jambopompey

still a paying member of the livi bus even though i have not traveled with them for 2 seasons. been a member for a very long time.

Ron Burgundy

Went on the West End Hearts bus from mid 80's to mid 90's.

Nowadays its usually Saville travel or car.Although with 3 sproglets Fester Road is about the only away day I can afford and its close enough to walk to.

The Old Tolbooth

Used to travel on the Borders Hearts bus in the 80's to the games, then used to take the car for a bit after that, and recently if I go on a bus it's the Porty Hearts bus, a cracking bunch of folk (was gonna say lads but Carol and Michelle would batter me!) and good banter on that bus and if I was to go anywhere on a supporters bus again I'd want to go on that one.

Miller Jambo 60
Used to travel on the Borders Hearts bus in the 80's to the games, then used to take the car for a bit after that, and recently if I go on a bus it's the Porty Hearts bus, a cracking bunch of folk (was gonna say lads but Carol and Michelle would batter me!) and good banter on that bus and if I was to go anywhere on a supporters bus again I'd want to go on that one.

Ted And Shell are brand new was on their bus to killie and a drink at the bowling club .:)

The Old Tolbooth
Ted And Shell are brand new was on their bus to killie and a drink at the bowling club .:)

Shells ok but you gotta watch that Ted bloke ;)

portobellojambo1
Shells ok but you gotta watch that Ted bloke ;)

Is there somebody called Ted goes on our bus, feck me you learn something new every day on JKB.

Mr God Awful Ugly

Rarely go away now but when I do it's on the Portobello bus.

Went on Musselburgh (very)late 70s and early 80s.

Pans bus mid to late 80s, including Paris 84

Then back to the Musselburgh bus in the early 90s.

Went on the Tranent bus once and it broke down.

Portobello bus from the mid 90s. Always well arranged pre match watering hole:p

Adi Dassler

Was a regular on The Ardmillan and Longstone buses over the years. We also ran a bus from Crofters for a few years until the pub went belly up.

Now like to let the train take the strain if travelling away.

The Old Tolbooth
Is there somebody called Ted goes on our bus, feck me you learn something new every day on JKB.

Listen bawjaws, quit while your slightly ahead ;)

Miller Jambo 60
Was a regular on The Ardmillan and Longstone buses over the years. We also ran a bus from Crofters for a few years until the pub went belly up.

Now like to let the train take the strain if travelling away.

Went with longstone in the 70s we were mental.

Was run by a j mitchel but he is dead now great guy loved hearts.

JOCK MITCHEL

Been a member of Craigmiller in the 70/80's. Then car for years then Musselburgh, on to portobello. Member of rainbow but dont travel with them..

Guest juvehearts

never been so much of a member but i know my dad, uncle & my 2 friends used to go on the Musselburgh bus in the 80/90's & the Craigmiller bus whenever a semi final was taken place but that was 10 years ago now.

since i stoped going to see hearts 2 seasons ago my dad takes everyone to away games.

miss going to games for the banter & stuff, but just will not allow myself to continually be betrayed by this current regime.

Bugsy Siegel

Used to travel with Luckies to the away games. Today its the West End bus but alot of the time saville travel.

Traveled with the livvy bus a couple of times,but now been with portobello for 2 season going into our 3rd now and looking forward to it.

Think I might know him ;);)

Porty Hearts is a great bus to travel with. Remember my first trip with them a few years ago was to Darkheid! Great day out and the guys made us feel really welcome. Great watering holes pre arranged and normally belting oot Hearts songs to get in the mood. Love the big trips to Inverness and Aberdeen as its banter all day, I make the rolls normally ;);) then a sleep on the way home eh PJ1!!!!

Reasonable prices and great folks we all are Roll on Belfast cos alot of us will be there!!!

Went with longstone in the 70s we were mental.

Was run by a j mitchel but he is dead now great guy loved hearts.

JOCK MITCHEL

I remember going to dumfries when jock decided to do the tour guide thing and stop at the devils beeftub to regails us with tales of sheep rustling.

also done some time on Drylaw when they left from the Drylaw Arms

Tranent cause they picked up at london road I think Graham Robertson ran the bus then.

started going on longstone bit of a hike from Leith but my mate took the car,they seemed to like singing alternating from delilia to ho bondage up yours

then a good few happy 1st division years with the Ardmillan with fuzzy, stuart,ian mac,davie bev,and what are we gonna do about shovel, john the punk-best days following Hearts. great club.

Then I went with porty and ended up being bus convenor 85/86 always a well run club, apart from the last game of the season when I went on for the 1st time in years to the gretna game and everybody though they knew the way and had us up some dead ends I think John got the blame;)

whats to become of us......... dont know but if you have to keep going away I would endorse porty if your looking for a good laugh and friendly banter.

Does anybody know if Aberlady still run a bus? I stay close to there and may be interested for away games.......if not........ can I come Porty???!!!!!

I remember going to dumfries when jock decided to do the tour guide thing and stop at the devils beeftub to regails us with tales of sheep rustling.

Tranent cause they picked up at london road I think Graham Robertson ran the bus then.

started going on longstone bit of a hike from Leith but my mate took the car,they seemed to like singing alternating from delilia to ho bondage up yours

then a good few happy 1st division years with the Ardmillan with fuzzy, stuart,ian mac,davie bev,and what are we gonna do about shovel, john the punk-best days following Hearts. great club.

Then I went with porty and ended up being bus convenor 85/86 always a well run club, apart from the last game of the season when I went on for the 1st time in years to the gretna game and everybody though they knew the way and had us up some dead ends I think John got the blame;)

whats to become of us......... dont know but if you have to keep going away I would endorse porty if your looking for a good laugh and friendly banter.

useless tw@t that he is :dribble:

;)

hey kannimann1, dunno if theres any buses fi aberlady, but your not far from our 1st pick-up point (the dasher, prestonpans). :)

winston churchill
Nothing will ever replace The Manor.

:Agree:

i went on the

SCAB

pilton

manor

useless tw@t that he is :dribble:

;)

hey kannimann1, dunno if theres any buses fi aberlady, but your not far from our 1st pick-up point (the dasher, prestonpans). :)

Cheers for that mate! I'm in sunny Longniddry five mins up the road! thanks!

Never Let Them Forget

I drive from stranraer to ayr n get the west of scotland hearts from there :)

lol we all blamed Derek altho i will put my hand up and after the dead ends we shouted go this way and the driver was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:hobofish:

I helped to run the Clerrie bus in the 80's, some crazy times . and crazy people. Bus full o brilliant guys. We had a King Billy shield with Clerrie Hearts around it!! :eek::eek:How times have changed!!!

I drive from stranraer to ayr n get the west of scotland hearts from there :)

and I bet you feel like turning back at Ballantrae most weeks:rolleyes:

Been going on the West End bus for the past season.

Really enjoy it, good bunch of guys on there.

I helped to run the Clerrie bus in the 80's, some crazy times . and crazy people. Bus full o brilliant guys. We had a King Billy shield with Clerrie Hearts around it!! :eek::eek:How times have changed!!!

Clerrie bus back in 80's was the biz but still well short of the high standards set by the Muirhouse Arms!!!

I think the Clerrie boys would give any one a run for there doh!!!!!! Full bus going to the match... half empty comin back!!!!!. I remember one time the whole (;)) bus 52 seater at the window seats, showed there erses i think great western road on route to boghead!!!:):)

I think the Clerrie boys would give any one a run for there doh!!!!!! Full bus going to the match... half empty comin back!!!!!. I remember one time the whole (;)) bus 52 seater at the window seats, showed there erses i think great western road on route to boghead!!!:):)

Well mind being on the Clerrie bus when we emptied the selic fans out of the pub at the traffic lights at Darkhead - but still always felt safer on the Muirhouse bus!

maroonedinoz

When I was a lad there used to be a fleet of buses left from the bus depot at St Andrew's Square.

They would just keep filling them up until the appointed time for departure, could be 3 buses sometimes 15..they had them on standby.

Now I'd travel with the Qantas bus,,,, but again, it doesn't seem anybody is ersed down here in getting a supporters club formed.

Even the last post on our dedicated forum was months ago.....oh vlad works in mysterious ways:sad:

chester copperpot

Porty hearts for this lad, even though I stay in the Weej and take the car to most away games, still Porty for the Inverness trips. Have a loose agreement with the wife that we make a weekend of it everytime we've got Aberdeen away, so thats my away day with the lads scunnered on that trip, just got the Inverness one now.

Only one thing wrong wi the Porty hearts bus. The fat moaning faced cow that sits doon the front.

Going to make a point of going on the Bonnyrigg bus once next year too, as they're all fecking mental too.

Everybody loves Baz

:dribble:

Porty hearts for this lad, even though I stay in the Weej and take the car to most away games, still Porty for the Inverness trips. Have a loose agreement with the wife that we make a weekend of it everytime we've got Aberdeen away, so thats my away day with the lads scunnered on that trip, just got the Inverness one now.

Only one thing wrong wi the Porty hearts bus. The fat moaning faced cow that sits doon the front.

Going to make a point of going on the Bonnyrigg bus once next year too, as they're all fecking mental too.

I on behalf of the BHSC resent that remark,But yes, we feel like you are the supporter we never had. :wacko:

chester copperpot
:dribble:

I on behalf of the BHSC resent that remark,But yes, we feel like you are the supporter we never had. :wacko:

They could do with a decent golfer on that bus too mate eh?;)

Dunfermline Sandy Walls...Kings of the road! [featured on BBC]:)

Bus was named after the late Sandy Walls who died of cancer in 1986.

bean counter

I second that many a good trip with Ardmillan

portobellojambo1
Think I might know him ;);)

Porty Hearts is a great bus to travel with. Remember my first trip with them a few years ago was to Darkheid! Great day out and the guys made us feel really welcome. Great watering holes pre arranged and normally belting oot Hearts songs to get in the mood. Love the big trips to Inverness and Aberdeen as its banter all day, I make the rolls normally ;);) then a sleep on the way home eh PJ1!!!!

Reasonable prices and great folks we all are Roll on Belfast cos alot of us will be there!!!

I cannot remember sleeping with you on the way home from Aberdeen or Inverness, but will take your word on it. :rolleyes:

Colonel Kurtz

Used to run a bus from the Rob Roy

Went on the Cabin Hearts bus ,now that was mental.

We got stopped at Airdrie once by the polis,and Jimmy Downie got all the bevvy hidden.

I asked him "What about the dope,as a couple of the boys had West Points like king Eds.

Jimmy paused for a moment the replied"Its just the drink thas banned"

winston churchill
Used to run a bus from the Rob Roy

Went on the Cabin Hearts bus ,now that was mental.

We got stopped at Airdrie once by the polis,and Jimmy Downie got all the bevvy hidden.

I asked him "What about the dope,as a couple of the boys had West Points like king Eds.

Jimmy paused for a moment the replied"Its just the drink thas banned"

was i drunk.

i am sure i saw wee JD volt the fence, and run on the pitch in basle with a union jack round his neck

winston churchill
Chickens West End Boys take some "beating"

you mean beatings,especially from the manor.

Dunk-Section G

West End Hearts is one of the best. The new Robbos Loyal bus is something else though!

A wee change who goes on what bus and for how long.

G-O-R-G-I-E

West End Hearts

Is the branch for me

Over 20 years on the fun bus. :dribble:

Seymour M Hersh

Tranent early to mid 70's the then a variety, a few seasons on the West End in the mid-late 90's. Also been on the Manor, Ace, Ardmillan, the buses from the bus station someone else mentioned and the ones Wallace used to put on from Tynecastle.

robin hood jambo
Been going on the West End bus for the past season.

Really enjoy it, good bunch of guys on there.

Aye, some crackin trips on this bus, the days out on the bus provided me with most of my highlights of the season!

Just hope they can get a bus from McKendry's with an actual rear suspenstion!

Hans von Luck
you mean beatings,especially from the manor.

Yes ;)

Remember as we used to call them "The West End Jessies"

M and a A and a NOR we are the mental MANOR.

P.S Still got ma Manor Hearts S.C badge in the house Jerry, will dust it down for next season. :)

pennantjambo

The last Furlong = crazy,

Westfield Hearts = mental

Gorgie sons of William wi Big Bernie in charge and his wee dug acting as bus convener = Off the scale.

Missed a lot of away games through forgetting to leave the boozer or being in handcuffs.

great memories though especially during relegation years.

Archived