Time for a new manager?

gnasher75

Time for a new manager?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Craig Levein should be replaced with another manager before the start of next season?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/19 at 11:00

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Ripping it all up and starting again seems to be all we've done recently.... I'd like to see us take a different route and try and build something mid/long-term. build up a team like JJ again.

starting again will most likely just lead to more frustration... on the off chance we actually land some up and coming, great manager, he'll just be off before we even win something and it will be back to square one.

Right now is just the foundation of a team, lets see if he can build on it. 

Eh? We haven’t ripped anything up we have had the same structure in place for five years and it has categorically failed in the top tier. We rip up this stupid structure that’s currently in place and forget about this nonsense promoting from within ideology that has been espoused. I would actually favour this approach if there was any evidence whatsoever that there is a coach there already below Levein in the pecking order that can take us forward but there isn’t as the ones currently taking training are failing and failing badly.

I am a season ticket holder and I go first hoping to see a Hearts win if not I want to be entertained. Over Craig's time in charge there have been not many wins and I have seen any improvement in the stile of football we play for him to be in charge next season. My family have been contributing to the Foundation since the start but we are seriously thinking of stopping if he is in charge next year. 

1 hour ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Ripping it all up and starting again seems to be all we've done recently.... I'd like to see us take a different route and try and build something mid/long-term. build up a team like JJ again.

starting again will most likely just lead to more frustration... on the off chance we actually land some up and coming, great manager, he'll just be off before we even win something and it will be back to square one.

Right now is just the foundation of a team, lets see if he can build on it. 

JJ and Levein are completely different in their outlook in how they build a team and how they want to play. 

That hugely affects a team. 

Edited by Debut 4

Enzo Chiefo

I've no doubt Levein loves the club but his stubborn nature and ego prevent him from looking at the club's interests ahead of his own.  As far as PHM status goes , boyhood fans like Jefferies,  Locke and Mackay leave him standing. 

Heard so much today.

Levein is going nowhere ((Levein)

Levein is 100% gone end of season (fan)

Doggie Freedman will be in charge next season (3rd hand from a fan)

3 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Another Poll,another Levein oot thread!

Yawn!!

Worse than Brexit, this.  A poll for all seasons.

I have stated my opinion previously and not going to waste it again.  Nothing has chaged.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

I have stated my opinion previously and not going to waste it again.  Nothing has chaged.

It is representative of what the majority of fans think though. Evidently Budge has a complete disregard for that. 

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Heard so much today.

Levein is going nowhere ((Levein)

Levein is 100% gone end of season (fan)

Doggie Freedman will be in charge next season (3rd hand from a fan)

Gambo, do you really think Freedman will give up a £500-750k package to take on the Hearts job? 

He says he is going nowhere. I tend to believe him. Not saying that’s good or bad but given the apparent unrest among fans if he was planning to go back upstairs or leave I think we would already know. 

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

For the benefit of those who do not follow your posts what is your position regarding Craig Levein ?

My position is that all managers and CEO have a shelf life of around four years before stagnation sets in and we have gone past that point.

The present CEO should change when the club gets handed over to FOH.

Both the manager and owner have given great service and steadied the ship and I am grateful for that.

I just think we need fresh ideas.

I didn't vote as I find the hounding of CL rather distasteful imo.

47 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’d rather we pushed the budget for a good manager than a player.

With Budge doing the recruitment I fear for this. It will be someone based on what they are not who they are or what they can do. She is a grade A *****.

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Gambo, do you really think Freedman will give up a £500-750k package to take on the Hearts job? 

He says he is going nowhere. I tend to believe him. Not saying that’s good or bad but given the apparent unrest among fans if he was planning to go back upstairs or leave I think we would already know. 

I'm not believing any of the 3 tbh. Praying hard that he goes completely and quickly with the rest of the coaching staff.

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Craig Levein is one of my all time favourite players, he has given us great results as player and as manager (mostly first time round) but we are extremely stale, one dimensional and pedestrian. I have thought for months he will stand down at the end of this season and my opinion is not based on the back of todays result but of a growing need for change

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I still want one of my favourite players and first time around managers to succeed but enough is enough, he has to go. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I love Levein, but yes

This is where I am at. I think admiration for the man makes it hard to stick the knife in. That's why I'd like him to have the dignity of announcing his own resignation. I'd love him to go out on a high by winning the Cup - and if it is Aberdeen in the final it is possible, if we get past Inverness.

I haven't been happy with his tactics for a long time. But the game at Ibrox on Wednesday night was the final straw for me. 

I wouldn't be against him having a director of football role but a new manager has to have complete control of the first team.

I want Levein out so bad but I fear who will be his replacement. Ability will not come into Budge's recruitment process.

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

This is where I am at. I think admiration for the man makes it hard to stick the knife in. That's why I'd like him to have the dignity of announcing his own resignation. I'd love him to go out on a high by winning the Cup - and if it is Aberdeen in the final it is possible, if we get past Inverness.

I haven't been happy with his tactics for a long time. But the game at Ibrox on Wednesday night was the final straw for me. 

I wouldn't be against him having a director of football role but a new manager has to have complete control of the first team.

What is the point of wasting money on him as DOF what would he bring to the table 

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I want Levein out so bad but I fear who will be his replacement. Ability will not come into Budge's recruitment process.

An IT person should most definitely not be deciding who the next manager is

Edited by NB GIN

Thats the fear isnt it 

We recruit from within with one off Leveins yes men, and he pulls the stings from his DOF role or he appoints another dinosaur coach with the same believes as his on how the game should be played 

I love watching Hearts and today was no exception.

Coming on here and reading this Shit is actually quite sad. 

Team plays 100%, support 100%.....screwballs on here......Hibs level of embarrassment. 

This place is ****ed.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Team plays 100%, support 100%.....screwballs on here......Hibs level of embarrassment. 

This place is ****ed.

We're not all just happy to have a team to support mate. Some of us want to enjoy the football and want Hearts to be successful.

85% out says you're very much in the minority. Being happy with what we're getting is actually ****ing embarrassing. Glad most fans aren't like you.

It's all about balance sheets and a shiny new stand while rolling about mid table is it? Hibs level of ambition. 

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

This place is ****ed.

Hibs ****er.

This place is ****ed.

Your drunk 

This place is ****ed.

Wonder who you are from the artful dodger ..... one of the McKinlays ?

7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Where I’m at as well 

certainly wanting change is not based on today’s performance - fat from it - granted we couldn’t hit a barn door if we were 3 yards out but we were by far the better side overall and if we took our chances we could have absolutely hammered them

I just don’t think that overall we have been consistent enough through the season  - you just don’t know week to week what to expect - it’s up and down up and down - no real consistency and that’s worrying 

way we started the season was amazing and I really thought we were going to have a great season in the league - I get the impact the injuries have had to our team but even With players out the team we have had the odd game where we played well here and there but just haven’t been consistent enough overall imo 

not even bothering voting in this poll - what’s the point - as said I think it’s probably best to change the manager but I don’t doubt at all that CL loves the club, no question that he lives and breathes Heart of Midlothian - I just believe his tactical approach is out dated somewhat

I think maybe health wise it would be best for himself to make way as well as the stress will be with him 24/7. I don’t like seeing that impact on him as he is only doing what he believes in and thinks is right. He is obviously a proud man and I just don’t know that in times of adversity he would dig his heels in and keep going. It would be better if he came to the conclusion himself to step aside which would suit our current situation and circumstances. It’s obvious the pressure will always be there for him And can intensify - I just don’t think Craig really needs it at this point in his life and hopefully he realises this 

Words of wisdom there. I happen to agree.

The mometnum is certainly building now for change . When CL leaves then it needs to be fully away from all footballing aspects within the club . I dont think AB , will ever have the courage to sack him, so i really hope he resigns . We are going no where under his leadership, which is very sad indeed. I cannot stand the prospect of another in flux of average signings this pre season, beacuse thats what is going to happen.

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Sporting director isn't manager. Perhaps his aspirations lie in management not back office work? Plenty people take a step down for a step forwards later one. Doing well for us could get him an equally (if not better) paying job back down south inside 18 months.

Wouldn't write it off just yet. Swear i've heard his name mentioned on here before.. no smoke without fire!

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We're not all just happy to have a team to support mate. Some of us want to enjoy the football and want Hearts to be successful.

85% out says you're very much in the minority. Being happy with what we're getting is actually ****ing embarrassing. Glad most fans aren't like you.

It's all about balance sheets and a shiny new stand while rolling about mid table is it? Hibs level of ambition. 

This should be the mentality of every Hearts fan, why settle for mediocrity? 

17 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I’m not actually sure if a new manager could make a bit of difference from the amount of chances we had today to score and just no desire to stick it in the net 

That's right.  If Djoum had buried that chance as he should have and Lee's free-kick had gone in off the post, this thread would not exist.

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.  If Djoum had buried that chance as he should have and Lee's free-kick had gone in off the post, this thread would not exist.

Then if you count the two or three times that Uche would have been through on goal if he didn’t have two arms around him pulling him down for 90 mins, if we’d taken our chances and their offside goal was rightly disallowed you’d be looking at anothee 5-1 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

The difference is these chances did not go in and if you ask yourself why then I would suggest that our illustrious coach has knocked all the confidence out of his players by his continual tinkering.

He meddles with the formations and who plays (injuries apart obviously) to the extent that they are confused about what he wants from them and in my opinion that makes the players nervous and that's why they miss good chances.

We have all seen it over the years where players confidence is high and they take the chances look at Horgan yesterday.

• 1 month later...

Amazing the difference one decent performance in a Cup final against an average Celtic has made to support for Levein as manager!

84% in April, around 50% in May.

12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Amazing the difference one decent performance in a Cup final against an average Celtic has made to support for Levein as manager!

84% in April, around 50% in May.

Really?

Celtic were awful, we didn't really create anything other than that scramble, and we lost.

Wouldn't have thought it'd have any effect. I take it theres another poll somewhere?