Hans Meyer

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

PS I have not heard anything I just read his name in the paper, looked at his profile and thought he'd be a good fit for Hearts AND Vlad - also he's available and ptobably a more realistic target than some others if he would move to the SPL....and if we are actually getting a german manager as was speculated. :)

He's also on the cover of EA Sports Fussball Manager 08 (the german version.) :laugh:

Why don't we just let Alan McInally pick the manager.He's probably good,good,personal friends with everyone who's been mentioned on here in the last few days!:rolleyes:

On a more serious note,I don't know anything about Meyer to comment sensibly.Sorry.I just want this search to end soon!

Didn't he make loads of films about women with big breasticles?

I think you mean Hans Fuhll.

Toxteth O'Grady

From Wikipedia

Hans Meyer (born 3 November 1942 in Briesen, near B?lina, Czech Republic) is a German former football player and manager. He was most recently under contract with 1. FC Nuremberg. Meyer is the only coach to win both the DFB-Pokal and the FDGB-Pokal. In 2001, Meyer led second-division club Borussia M?nchengladbach to promotion to the 1. Fu?ball-Bundesliga, the first East German coach to achieve the feat with a West German side. Meyer next took the reins at Hertha BSC Berlin in mid-season in 2003, successfully leading the club through a protracted relegation fight. Following this feat he announced his retirement from coaching, turning down a contract extension with Hertha. Meyer found the thrill of the relegation battle too great to resist, however; he took over at last-place 1. FC Nuremberg in autumn of 2005, leading the squad to an eighth-place finish and firmly establishing his reputation as a "fireman" who could extinguish a team's crisis. His coaching success continued in the following season which ended with a sixth-place showing for Nuremberg and the capture of the DFB-Pokal. In the 2007/2008 season, Meyer's luck had run out, and after a series of bruising defeats Nuremberg found itself in the drop zone once again. Meyer was fired by club management on February 11, 2008.

Besides his talent as a trainer, he is famous for ironic and sarcastic answers in interviews. He remains very popular in Jena, where his career started, and in Nuremberg for winning the DFB-Cup.

Meyer was featured on the cover of EA Sports' video game FUSSBALL MANAGER 08 (FIFA Manager 08, German version only).

Didn't he make loads of films about women with big breasticles?

You numpty! :(

I was honestly about to post the same "gag".

concession: I would not have used the term "breasticles"

Toxteth O'Grady
Why dont we just approach Billy Davies or JJ? :confused:

I'm so confused :sad:

It's too simple:sad:

robin hood jambo
Hans Meyer will never play the puppet for MadVlad !!!!!

Who will?

[/b]

Does Meyer speak English?

It was just a thought - if we are getting a German manager, you would think whoever it was would want someone at the club with a Scottish background - with Frail getting the push - Lambert is unemployed just now and would be well known to a number of the German coaches who have been touted for the post on here. He certainly wouldn't be one of my choices but I could understand why he would come into the frame.

From Wikipedia

Hans Meyer (born 3 November 1942 in Briesen, near B?lina, Czech Republic) is a German former football player and manager. He was most recently under contract with 1. FC Nuremberg. Meyer is the only coach to win both the DFB-Pokal and the FDGB-Pokal. In 2001, Meyer led second-division club Borussia M?nchengladbach to promotion to the 1. Fu?ball-Bundesliga, the first East German coach to achieve the feat with a West German side. Meyer next took the reins at Hertha BSC Berlin in mid-season in 2003, successfully leading the club through a protracted relegation fight. Following this feat he announced his retirement from coaching, turning down a contract extension with Hertha. Meyer found the thrill of the relegation battle too great to resist, however; he took over at last-place 1. FC Nuremberg in autumn of 2005, leading the squad to an eighth-place finish and firmly establishing his reputation as a "fireman" who could extinguish a team's crisis. His coaching success continued in the following season which ended with a sixth-place showing for Nuremberg and the capture of the DFB-Pokal. In the 2007/2008 season, Meyer's luck had run out, and after a series of bruising defeats Nuremberg found itself in the drop zone once again. Meyer was fired by club management on February 11, 2008.

Besides his talent as a trainer, he is famous for ironic and sarcastic answers in interviews. He remains very popular in Jena, where his career started, and in Nuremberg for winning the DFB-Cup.

Meyer was featured on the cover of EA Sports' video game FUSSBALL MANAGER 08 (FIFA Manager 08, German version only).

Sounds like the German Ron Atkinson.

no, but russian.

Sounds like we've found our man.

Expect Kingston to slap in a transfer request pronto.

CologneWalt
Sounds like we've found our man.

Dont think so. As tiger71 mentioned obove. Meyer dont play the muppet.

He is a hard liner and he want to do all things his own way. Thats why he some times lose his job in the past.

honestly get f ing real we will never attract any of those german managers why would they come here when in germany everything is bigger, budgets, wages, prestige, players, stadiums and a much better league cmon who actually believes this :mad::mad:

Archived