Etihad Airways

grumpyjambo

I've heard of them, but never flown them, but they have a decent ranking on Skytrax which is the site I always use if I want to know anything about a flight. They are one of the many Middle East airlines whose rich owners treat them almost as a plaything and try to outdo each other on levels of service.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

We have used them and the in-laws have too. Similar to most others, no better, no worse. Which route were you thinking of using them for? Abu dhabi airport is pretty ***** for stopovers.

grumpyjambo
We have used them and the in-laws have too. Similar to most others, no better, no worse. Which route were you thinking of using them for? Abu dhabi airport is pretty ***** for stopovers.

Going to Sydney, they are are coming up with the cheapest price.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

They are pretty good IMHO. Flown with them London - Brisbane. Not a lot of difference in economy from Qantas and BA so if they are a bit cheaper, go for it1

Going to Sydney, they are are coming up with the cheapest price.

Only have experience between UK, middle east and south africa, but would certainly use them again no probs.

I P Knightley

Got a colleague who's high mileage on the air travel front and has to cover Middle East and Asia on his travels.

He's ditched BA and Virgin in preference for Etihad wherever possible.

Strong recomendation, that one.

Archived