What is our tactics

NB GIN

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Thanks inspector Frank and appreciate the grammar polis taking their time out to scran my post 

We disagree no shock there 

??

55 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I've been saying similar in a roundabout way for quite some time but folk on here criticise you for having the audacity to not keep your head buried in the sand like they do or for taking off the maroon-tinted spectacles once in a while and actually acknowledge what's been going on these last, well, since halfway through Neilson's time back in the Premier as it goes.

The five season ticket holders I know and drink with most weeks, guys that have had st's for years are not renewing until there's change. The mate I go with to games is also not renewing for next season. I will leave it until the very last minute to see if there's any changes. If not then it'll be only the third time in around 34 years I haven't renewed. Some time back in the late 80s, couldn't afford to, around the time Frail or someone was in charge and now this summer. If that's only a very very few that I know of, what's happening on a much larger scale? Ann has to watch what's going on, for the good of the club.

I Know how you feel Jambonian, there's a wee gang on here who go about in their wee cleeky groups (I'm sure they message each other privately to ask them to wade into one of their many arguments with folk) who wade into anyone that even dares criticise Levein or the eluded 5 year plan that's failed at most levels (not all may i add). Most real fans know how poor a Hearts side this is under Leveins guidance and i don't think for 1 minute Craig doesn't care about Hearts...he clearly does,  but he's came out of retirement from managing and it took 4 weeks to appoint him after the Cathro debacle.(seems a panic appointment due to not finding a suitable candidate) then we've Handed him a 3.5 year deal for a mananger thats been out off managing for 8 years at club level. His style and tactics worked for him 10+ years ago to some level but football has moved on. Now Budge is digging her heels in due to some form of loyalty to a man that is driving fans away with his god awfull style off football. We're fed up the players look fed up and lacking any confidence. I for one will not renew either if he's still on charge next season also as will the 2 guys that i go with. We've had enough like so many other fans

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Bainy said:

It's very much defence punt hope uche gets something out of it at the other end.  Law of averages we will get a couple of chances and he hopes we take one. Eye bleeding stuff. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

The sad thing is Uche is miles better with the ball at his feet yet we try and blast the ball forward to him at any given opportunity. It was the same with Lafferty. I feel sorry for anyone who has to play up front for us. No style whatsoever.

Even reading his comments, he was resigned to defeat before a ball was kicked and was focusing on Saturday. You could see from the first whistle that we were not going to press them and allowed them to have as much possession as they wanted.

Big changes required for Saturday.

Dikamona simply has to come in for the poor Shaughnessy. Bozanic shouldn't be anywhere near this side either, especially given that we have someone with Cochrane's ability not even getting on the bench.

Disagree. (If fit) I’d be happy with Keena, Uche and Mulraney in for Wighton, Bozanic and Godinho.

11 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

*are ??

Frank can i let you into a wee secret but don't tell anyone 

See how you  constantly correct posters grammar on here, it's schoolboy stuff something you'd expect at primary school 

It makes you look like a right wee sado 

Regards 

Kimo 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, bistokid said:

The biggest indictment against Levein is that he doesn't appear to have any ability to set a team up without big target man. He's been a coach for a long time, he has employed forward thinking people at times and has even the last 4 years claimed he was implementing a sustainable style of football from youth groups up.

The reality is that there is no style, no pattern of play beyond hitting it long and early to Uche. We don't even attempt to play the ball out from the back, despite Levein signing numerous midfielders we bypass them almost constantly.  His only idea is to win the second balls and hope someone does something from there. It's archaic and must be terrible to play in if you are a player with decent technique who wants the ball. 

You might make the argument if it was effective but since October it's been a failure and an eyebleeding one at that.

It makes it hard to judge players. Are they just poor signings, which Levein too is accountable for. Is Vanecek the next Bjorn Johnsen? Does he expect service? Balls in to his feet? Midfield runners to link with? Or balls launched at his head and asked to win the ball and barrel past 2 defenders and score. He may well be poor but will we ever get the chance to find out in our system. The same goes for Wighton, Keena and even the likes of Clare and Lee.

Nailed it

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I've been saying similar in a roundabout way for quite some time but folk on here criticise you for having the audacity to not keep your head buried in the sand like they do or for taking off the maroon-tinted spectacles once in a while and actually acknowledge what's been going on these last, well, since halfway through Neilson's time back in the Premier as it goes.

The five season ticket holders I know and drink with most weeks, guys that have had st's for years are not renewing until there's change. The mate I go with to games is also not renewing for next season. I will leave it until the very last minute to see if there's any changes. If not then it'll be only the third time in around 34 years I haven't renewed. Some time back in the late 80s, couldn't afford to, around the time Frail or someone was in charge and now this summer. If that's only a very very few that I know of, what's happening on a much larger scale? Ann has to watch what's going on, for the good of the club.

Criticism is definitely acceptable and definitely warranted given recent performances. It needs to be balanced and reasonable though. There’s no point posters getting personal with their abuse and calling the manager all sorts of names. I also see no merit in the argument that regardless of us winning the cup or finishing 3rd that the manager has to go. 

I’ve been frustrated and angry at many times this season due to unacceptable performances. I’m quite a patient and reflective person by nature though so I usually calm down fairly quickly and look at the bigger picture. I’m clear on what i need to happen in the next eight games for mento want Levein to stay beyond the summer.

3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

He writes these games off, no effort it’s all about the derby for him

statement from him “you will see a different hearts team at weekend “

why is this Craig could you explain to the supporters that made the effort last night 

Gutless loser this man I ain’t going to any more away games with him in charge had enough 

Its mind boggling how many games this season we've written off an entire 45 mins off football like its acceptable....aye but we were good in the 2nd half, so I'm ok with it. That's all fine if its 1 game in 5 but sometimes we don't turn up at all for 90 mins then the odd 10th game we put in a decent 45 mins and things are rosy because off a decent first half off the season

We're the 3rd biggest team in Scotland with the 3rd biggest support, and 3rd/4th biggest wage budget and folk are happy the odd 45 mins off half decent effort and football

Its simply no good enough 

Its Cathroesque stuff 

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Frank can i let you into a wee secret but don't tell anyone 

See how you  constantly correct posters grammar on here, it's schoolboy stuff something you'd expect at primary school 

It makes you look like a right wee sado 

Regards 

Kimo 

When have I “constantly corrected” people’s grammar? ? I can only think of doing it twice and one of those was with you because you decided to do the same thing to another poster.

Happy to be proven wrong if you can evidence me doing it constantly ??

In the case of your posting style I just tend to find full stops a pretty essential part of written communication ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

When have I “constantly corrected” people’s grammar? ? I can only think of doing it twice and one of those was with you because you decided to do the same thing to another poster.

Happy to be proven wrong if you can evidence me doing it constantly ??

In the case of your posting style I just tend to find full stops a pretty essential part of written communication ??‍♂️

Frank I'm gonna be really nice here

You do it all the time, it's really boring stuff and only hogs up the board nobody likes a smart arse  

You're better than that 

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I Know how you feel Jambonian, there's a wee gang on here who go about in their wee cleeky groups (I'm sure they message each other privately to ask them to wade into one of their many arguments with folk) who wade into anyone that even dares criticise Levein or the eluded 5 year plan that's failed at most levels (not all may i add). Most real fans know how poor a Hearts side this is under Leveins guidance and i don't think for 1 minute Craig doesn't care about Hearts...he clearly does,  but he's came out of retirement from managing and it took 4 weeks to appoint him after the Cathro debacle.(seems a panic appointment due to not finding a suitable candidate) then we've Handed him a 3.5 year deal for a mananger thats been out off managing for 8 years at club level. His style and tactics worked for him 10+ years ago to some level but football has moved on. Now Budge is digging her heels in due to some form of loyalty to a man that is driving fans away with his god awfull style off football. We're fed up the players look fed up and lacking any confidence. I for one will not renew either if he's still on charge next season also as will the 2 guys that i go with. We've had enough like so many other fans

Nobody has an issue with fair criticism of Levein, Budge, players or the club in general. However anyone whose hatred of the manager is so strong that it makes them want us to lose to Hibs deserves to be ridiculed and reminded of it in my opinion.

Ahead of the game on Saturday, would you want us to lose to Hibs if it meant Levein was sacked/stood down?

Alex Kintner
Just now, kimosavi said:

Frank I'm gonna be really nice here

You do it all the time, it's really boring stuff and only hogs up the board nobody likes a smart arse  

You're better than that 

So you can’t actually give any further examples of me doing it? Cool, thought not ??

Just now, To Be Frank said:

So you can’t actually give any further examples of me doing it? Cool, thought not ??

I can't be bothered to be honest I've better things to do than re quoting other folk

You're really annoying at that too while we're on it 

Any hoo who cares what i think 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I can't be bothered to be honest I've better things to do than re quoting other folk

You're really annoying at that too while we're on it 

Any hoo who cares what i think 

:verysmug:

OmiyaHearts
13 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Is it just hoof it up and see what happens 

Try and get a corner see if we can get a goal from that

Was there tonight and I just don’t get it there is absolutely nothing in this team to excite me , we are total garbage 

First paragraph is spot on.

5 hours ago, bighalders said:

Hoof........hoof..........hoof........hoof..........hoof.....hoof...........hoof..........hoof.......

Hoof Hearted ?

9 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Pass the ball sideways across the back. Pass the ball to Berra because he's the captain and he's shouting for it. Berra takes 2 or 3 steps forward and launches it up the park. We give possession away instantly, and opposition begin attacking................and repeat.......and repeat.......and repeat.

I presume that CL keeps with this tactic because he has no confidence in his midfield players to pass the ball and create attacking or scoring opportunities.

So if you are a HMFC midfielder and your Manager is issuing instructions to bypass you then it is quite probable that you will feel he has no confidence in you to actaully play real passing football. It must rub off in the players minds ansd affect their game.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Nobody has an issue with fair criticism of Levein, Budge, players or the club in general. However anyone whose hatred of the manager is so strong that it makes them want us to lose to Hibs deserves to be ridiculed and reminded of it in my opinion.

Ahead of the game on Saturday, would you want us to lose to Hibs if it meant Levein was sacked/stood down?

I'd never want us to lose to Hibs at any time, even if Ann herself played upfront against them. I don't, and never have hated Levein. He was one of my favourite players as a teen/early 20s, going all over the country watching the team. But there comes a time when change needs to happen, if only for the good of the club. Entertainment wise we're not really any better than we were last season with all these new players. As I've said in previous posts going back quite a while, we've signed many many of them these last three years and I just don't see progress on the park.The style is just the same no matter who we put in the team. Pass side-ways, back to keeper or one of the defenders, side-ways again, no-one taking responsibility regularly enough in midfield to make decent runs so back it goes again before the big punt upfield. The annoying thing is, is that when someone does get themselves into a good position and gets towards the box, we actually do ok. But it isn't regular enough. The Livy Cup game....we played pretty much no football the first 45 minutes and for 10 minutes in the second half we got through and Clare scored. We then went back to lack of movement yet again after that. And it's not just this one-off game, it happens too often. Even against Aberdeen last weekend, we could've been a couple of goals down in the first half. The one time we attacked early in the second half, Mulraney got us a penalty, this is what should happen anyway then there wouldn't be so much criticism of the manager/coaching teams tactics.

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Completely agree with the above. I will wait until the last minute to renew, as I do not want to lose my seats. There is no other reason than that at this moment in time compelling me to renew!!

Edited by gowestjambo

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I'd never want us to lose to Hibs at any time, even if Ann herself played upfront against them. I don't, and never have hated Levein. He was one of my favourite players as a teen/early 20s, going all over the country watching the team. But there comes a time when change needs to happen, if only for the good of the club. Entertainment wise we're not really any better than we were last season with all these new players. As I've said in previous posts going back quite a while, we've signed many many of them these last three years and I just don't see progress on the park.The style is just the same no matter who we put in the team. Pass side-ways, back to keeper or one of the defenders, side-ways again, no-one taking responsibility regularly enough in midfield to make decent runs so back it goes again before the big punt upfield. The annoying thing is, is that when someone does get themselves into a good position and gets towards the box, we actually do ok. But it isn't regular enough. The Livy Cup game....we played pretty much no football the first 45 minutes and for 10 minutes in the second half we got through and Clare scored. We then went back to lack of movement yet again after that. And it's not just this one-off game, it happens too often. Even against Aberdeen last weekend, we could've been a couple of goals down in the first half. The one time we attacked early in the second half, Mulraney got us a penalty, this is what should happen anyway then there wouldn't be so much criticism of the manager/coaching teams tactics.

Good to hear ?? Unfotunately we do have fans of that mindset though ?

KyleLafferty
6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

:facepalm:

We didn’t play route one on Saturday in the second half.

Yes we did, it our second goal was route one. But what we did was smash it up to Uche, he laid it off then we started to play in their half.

6 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

“When the ball goes forward, it needs to stick,” he said. “I’m not having a go at Craig Wighton or Sean Clare who did play because that’s probably not their game. I didn’t read the riot act. There’s no point. I think I know why it happened and there’s no point. Saturday is more important than anything now.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-fans-will-see-a-different-team-against-hibs-1-4901337

Direct quote from Levein. If this is the case then play a different system. :getout:

So basically, CL is incapable of changing his game plan to accommodate the players he has to play?

That’s ******* brilliant that.

Alex Kintner
26 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Yes we did, it our second goal was route one. But what we did was smash it up to Uche, he laid it off then we started to play in their half.

I disagree. We bullied Aberdeen in midfield second half and had a huge amount of possession. The ball that led to second goal was a ball into the channel for Uche to run onto 

Edited by To Be Frank

I'd imagine that the reason we get results at home is because our fans drive our players on 

and it's nothing to do with our management. I fact many times this season our management 

has worked against us with it's tactics and team selections. What system, style, teamwork, 

crossing, passing, movement ect are we good at because too many times we look like a 

team of individuals who should be better than the crap we sometimes witness. With the 

quality of player we have it is true that we are not getting the best out of our players and 

this is a failure of our management of the team. WE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER.

36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So basically, CL is incapable of changing his game plan to accommodate the players he has to play?

That’s ******* brilliant that.

Yes but he thinks he knows what happened :lol:

Alex Kintner
48 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'd imagine that the reason we get results at home is because our fans drive our players on 

and it's nothing to do with our management.

If we only win home games due to the fans who do we thank for our away wins?

rick witter
8 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Congratulations on using a full stop. (Just the one though, mind, but at least it’s progress) ??

As for the point you make, Levein isn’t still here because he is Ann Budge’s pal, he’s still here because we’re sitting 5 points off third place and with a potential Scottish cup final on the way. 

People made the same comments about STs last summer and thousands of fans “voting with their feet” but it never happened. It won’t happen this summer either just like it hasn’t happened with semi-final ticket sales as some predicted.

Levein knows it isn’t good enough and we’re nowhere near consistent enough. If he thinks he isn’t the man to change that he’ll step down in the summer. If Ann Budge doesn’t believe he can change that then I believe she will ask him to step down in the summer. 

I agree with you Frank regards most fans. 

We have a great, loyal fan base and I like most others will always buy my season ticket. 

What I would say is the more I watch Leveins teams the less and less likely I want to go to the football as it is absolutely dreadful. That’s at Tynecastle. I wouldn’t waste my money going to watch away from home any more as all you get is performances like last night. 

I just hope you are correct and he steps down in the summer as it’s niw at the stage where it’s nowhere near good enough. 

On 04/04/2019 at 16:32, To Be Frank said:

If we only win home games due to the fans who do we thank for our away wins?

The opposition are crap.

portobellojambo1
On 04/04/2019 at 13:12, wavydavy said:

I presume that CL keeps with this tactic because he has no confidence in his midfield players to pass the ball and create attacking or scoring opportunities.

So if you are a HMFC midfielder and your Manager is issuing instructions to bypass you then it is quite probable that you will feel he has no confidence in you to actaully play real passing football. It must rub off in the players minds ansd affect their game.

In response to the highlighted bit above it is difficult to provide an answer which confirms your thoughts. Only because I do know the answer, and in response to the answer given to a question asked about the subject matter in question the only thought going through my head when I heard the response was "if that is the case there is something wrong going on at Tynecastle". It was a similar thought I had when I read the manager's comments about how we played in the 2nd half versus Aberdeen in terms of the method of play and the reaction of the crowd.

Edited by portobellojambo1