• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmaroon
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:04, jbee647 said:

Sorry don’t rate him, I hope I’m wrong, I agree we need a long term replacement for Berra and/or Souttar, but don’t think this is the guy, had a half decent start to the season but that is all he is, half decent.

He reminds me of Darren McGregor at Hibs, very average limited stopper

Hope I’m wrong, just feel we need better, long term 

Your hope will be fulfilled!

Also means if Berra gets injured, he doesn't have to play when not fit.  Halkett can play alongside Soapy in a back four, plus Michael Smith if a three.  He also throws in some goals, more than Berra does.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fantastic news and exactly the kind of player we should be targeting.

Is he a pacy winger ?

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully Berra can train him in the art of punts. 

Bit dissapionted on Saturday, Berra never launched many cannon balls. 

Shame. 

Tenaciousdandy

That should turn out to be a pretty solid SPL signing, will hopefully improve under Berra's stewardship also 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Knew about this last week. Should be announcing a certain other defender off to Motherwell shortly too then.

We’re letting a defender go to Motherwell? I can’t work out who this is. 

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hopefully Berra can train him in the art of punts. 

Bit dissapionted on Saturday, Berra never launched many cannon balls. 

Shame. 

Our second goal and the missed empty net both came from Berra hoofs. 

Great work from the club again.

Souttar, Berra, Dikamona, Halkett plus Smith when needed is our best squad of CBs for some

time. We’re good at right back so if we can just find a LB who stays fit for more than 10 mins our defence is in great shape.

Just a winger and creative midfielder to look for in summer depending on who leaves.

Looks like quality over quantity recruitment wise now.

Edited by Guest

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Aye, but they weren't that  high or hard. Bit dissapionted tbh. 

Berra hoofs... You mean Berra's delicious chipped in passes. ?

6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Hughes?

gorgieheart

Knew about this last week. Should be announcing a certain other defender off to Motherwell shortly too then.

defender to motherwell  ?   Hughes ? 

Rocky jamboa

A livi supporting mate rates him very highly and is surprised we got him. He thought he would have went to an English championship side. 

I can't really think I've noticed him much but seems the right age and highly rated.

I wonder if this signing means Souttar will be away in the summer, with having him, berra, dikamona, Smith who can play as a centre back, and now halkett. 

4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

A livi supporting mate rates him very highly and is surprised we got him. He thought he would have went to an English championship side. 

I can't really think I've noticed him much but seems the right age and highly rated.

I wonder if this signing means Souttar will be away in the summer, with having him, berra, dikamona, Smith who can play as a centre back, and now halkett. 

I think we want Souttar to stay unless a really big offer comes in. No pressure to sell him.

12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I think he is more likely to replace Berra, than Souttar. 

My son is sad that Halkett is leaving Livi, but very happy he is joining Hearts.  He is a good player and will fit in beside Souttar and Dikamona nicely.  Berra is getting on a bit (35 in January) and may need to rest his knees. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great signing another couple of pre contracts not far away from being completed either what a team we will have next season get the dross out the door aswell and we're sorted Gorgie Rules! 

Two posts that I’d like to see the posters elaborate on...?

Hughes would seem obvious departure, maybe been pledged a coaching gig with Robinson at Fir Park.

Excited by suggestion Halkett is first of a few pre-contracts

Edited by cocobeab

2 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Declan Gallagher 

Captain Sausage
36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, but they weren't that  high or hard. Bit dissapionted tbh. 

Berra hoofs... You mean Berra's delicious chipped in passes. ?

Pirlo mkII

I reckon this was signed weeks ago. Just not announced until it was confirmed we wouldn't be playing Livi again this season.

Portable Badger

Really delighted with this news. If Souttar stays for another year or two will we be witnessing the future Scotland CH pairing?

21 minutes ago, HMFC92 said:

Declan Gallagher 

Yes, signed a 2 year deal with Motherwell a few weeks ago but not been announced yet.

24 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Hughes would seem obvious departure, maybe been pledged a coaching gig with Robinson at Fir Park.

Excited by suggestion Halkett is first of a few pre-contracts

More pre-contracts? Unlikely as I assume he'll be off for more money but would be great if we swooped in for Shinnie. Aside from annoying Aberdeen, I think he would be a great addition and good Djoum replacement if he's off.

Halkett and Souttar pairing for club and country? Why not?

Souttar has come on a bunch since arriving at Hearts (cue gif of JS cleaning out Barker last season), I’m sure it’ll be the same for Halkett. 

Just now, naeclue said:

Halkett and Souttar pairing for club and country? Why not?

Souttar has come on a bunch since arriving at Hearts (cue gif of JS cleaning out Barker last season), I’m sure it’ll be the same for Halkett. 

The way McKenna's playing, Souttar has to be first choice CB for Scotland and the top young defensive prospect in the country now after Tierney. Halkett fits the bill as a player we can push into the international set-up as well.

I still can't - and don't - believe Aberdeen turned down anywhere near 5-7m for McKenna! A giant brute of a defender who still can't handle tough strikers. 

SuperstarSteve

Delighted with this signing.

My only slight grudge is that he is more rangers daft than lafferty.

so much so he was giving a telling off during pre season for constantly going on about them and playing their music

Albeit 3 year deal so not like rangers will be pinching him from us anytime soon if at all. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

defender to motherwell  ?   Hughes ? 

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Two posts that I’d like to see the posters elaborate on...?

See above. Means a Livingston defender is going to Motherwell.

2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Now that's more like it, a signing that has proven himself in our league, ready to step right into the side, not a punt signing with recovery issues from a long term injury and taking god knows how long to get his confidence back, not an unknown quantity from some far off land who gets found out in our Scottish game, yes this looks a bit more promising, well done Mr Levein, now let's have a few more like that please.

Absolutely mate, agree this is the type of player we should be looking to get. Proven he can do well at this level  in scotland without the if's, but's  and maybe's. not a big Levein fan but I think he has done well with this signing.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

See above. Means a Livingston defender is going to Motherwell.

Ahh right, read it as being a Hearts player joining Motherwell, my mistake ??

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great signing another couple of pre contracts not far away from being completed either what a team we will have next season get the dross out the door aswell and we're sorted Gorgie Rules! 

OK spill....

Old fashioned ne wishes Livingston got some money in return but times have changed.

Good piece of business is a massively overused phrase and I am now officially banning it from this forum.

Delighted with this signing.  Clearly a good player.

Naismith tomorrow?

colinmaroon
44 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

so much so he was giving a telling off during pre season for constantly going on about them and playing their music

Albeit 3 year deal so not like rangers will be pinching him from us anytime soon if at all. 

Next season, we're scrapping it out at the top of the League or, facing that mob in a Final and, despite two years on his contract they'll be warbling about putting in offers just to unsettle the player.

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Old fashioned ne wishes Livingston got some money in return but times have changed.

Good piece of business is a massively overused phrase and I am now officially banning it from this forum.

Delighted with this signing.  Clearly a good player.

Naismith tomorrow?

I want Livingston liquidated right off the face of Scottish Football after than embarrassment earlier in the season. 

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He knocked back Rangers to come to us. 

2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

No. Sorry. Another of Livvys defenders is off to Motherwell but its being kept quiet at the moment.

SuperstarSteve
14 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

He knocked back Rangers to come to us. 

Shock horror if true, as he is a massive blue nose, possibly holds a grudge because they let him go? 

He might be rangers daft like lafferty but if he genuinely knocked them back aswell as hibs, he ain't as daft as lafferty. 

3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Was it not a Shaugnessy pass for the second goal?

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

More pre-contracts? Unlikely as I assume he'll be off for more money but would be great if we swooped in for Shinnie. Aside from annoying Aberdeen, I think he would be a great addition and good Djoum replacement if he's off.

Shinnie Clare Naismith and Uche in same 11 could destroy teams

Can’t say much about Halkett being any good or not but the consensus says he would be an asset. So looking forward to seeing him step up and become a Jambo.

On 13/03/2019 at 19:31, The Establishment said:

Looks like a good signing.

Really sad to see but Berra's play has still not recovered fully from the injury so to have another young asset there is ideal. Hope it doesn't mean a Souttar sale.

Looks good indeed. Re Berra - team mates and tactics not helping him. When did we last  have a midfielder on the park to take the ball off the back 4? Not one person shows for him when he has the ball unless that’s the managers tactics! Our lack of movement is making Berra look like a huddy! 

Not seen an awful lot of the boy, but he does seem to have a good rep and very highly rated so great to have him on board for the next few years.