• soonbe110

• Mikey1874

• Gibson_HMFC

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

portobellojambo1
On 27/03/2019 at 23:27, dazajmbo said:

Text today said it's done. Not my usual source but also has inside friends.

Has been for a little while. I think he will be a good addition to our side, a sort of old fashioned type centre half, which may also release John Souttar to play in a slightly different way as well. I think he can also learn much from both Berra and Souttar, although I'm still not sure how much we will see of Christophe next season. It might be something easier to judge if we knew that the injury he sustained is taking longer than expected to return to normality rather than something coming out to say the damage he incurred just may not be repairable (I keep trying to visualise what actually happened to him, because sometimes when you see a tackle or a collision you realise almost right away that serious damage had been done. Hopefully it is the former in Christophe's case and after a close season he returns as his old self.

Edited by portobellojambo1

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Has been for a little while. I think he will be a good addition to our side, a sort of old fashioned type centre half, which may also release John Souttar to play in a slightly different way as well. I think he can also learn much from both Berra and Souttar, although I'm still not sure how much we will see of Christophe next season. It might be something easier to judge if we knew that the injury he sustained is taking longer than expected to return to normality rather than something coming out to say the damage he incurred just may not be repairable (I keep trying to visualise what actually happened to him, because sometimes when you see a tackle or a collision you realise almost right away that serious damage had been done. Hopefully it is the former in Christophe's case and after a close season he returns as his old self.

I keep on harping back to what other ex pro sports players I know have said to me about Christophe’s injury.

I didn’t particularly believe them at the time - I don’t know why - but it does seem that Berra is a different player since his injury.

This does beg the question as to why he got the contract extension he did but as ever it is down to what the deal is and is it one that moves into coaching - as I happen to think Berra will excel as a coach, particularly as a Hearts coach.

24 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Hopefully doesn’t get a paper cut signing the contract. He’ll be out for 6 months.

Or for the older posters on here.......get his fingers caught in the cigar box when it's slammed shut on them:whistling:

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Hopefully doesn’t get a paper cut signing the contract. He’ll be out for 6 months.

Our physios would get him back in a month

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I keep on harping back to what other ex pro sports players I know have said to me about Christophe’s injury.

I didn’t particularly believe them at the time - I don’t know why - but it does seem that Berra is a different player since his injury.

This does beg the question as to why he got the contract extension he did but as ever it is down to what the deal is and is it one that moves into coaching - as I happen to think Berra will excel as a coach, particularly as a Hearts coach.

Out of interest what makes you think he'll Excel as a coach ?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Out of interest what makes you think he'll Excel as a coach ?

I think Christophe is a very intelligent guy, add to that his football experience as a player and you have the perfect combination.  I know he is already well down the road to the Pro Licence, sensible move from the player and club.

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

He was immense in the three games before the winter break, we won each game 1-0 or 2-0 and the Easter Road match in between he seemed to be back to his best. Definitely seems to have been struggling recently. Maybe the two week international break will have reset him for the final portion of the season.

4 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I think Christophe is a very intelligent guy, add to that his football experience as a player and you have the perfect combination.  I know he is already well down the road to the Pro Licence, sensible move from the player and club.

By all accounts he has already started his coaching journey, he takes a Box Soccer class down at marine drive along with Dale Carrick

11 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Or for the older posters on here.......get his fingers caught in the cigar box when it's slammed shut on them:whistling:

:isee:

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Is he suspended or injured ? 

Notice he isn't in  the team tonight 

Vlad flu

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Took a knock in training blocking a shot so not risked tonight.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Signs for Hearts 

Day later out for 10 months 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Took a knock in training blocking a shot so not risked tonight.

Pesky training regimes...

Despite earlier reservations regarding this after hearing the agent had got involved, I heard today Halkett is all signed and sealed.

??

Edited by The Doc

Fultons Right Leg

Hearts will sign Craig Halkett on a three-year deal in the summer after the defender today signed a pre contract.

The Livingston captain will make the move to Tynecastle in June once his contract at the West Lothian side expires.

Centre-half Craig has been a near ever present for Livi this season, making 36 appearances in all competitions and has scored five goals, including one against Hearts back in December.

At the other end he’s been part of an impressive defence that has kept 15 clean sheets this campaign.

The 23-year-old came through the youth system at Rangers and, after loan spells at Clyde and Berwick Rangers, joined Livingston in 2016.

He was part of the successful side that won back-to-back promotions, winning the League One title in 2016/17 before skippering Livi to play-off success last season, booking their spot in this year’s Ladbrokes Premiership in the process.

Capped at Scotland U19 level, Craig has made 144 appearances to date for Livingston, with 15 goals to his name.

Speaking to the Official Hearts website about the move, manager Craig Levein said: “I’m delighted that Craig has committed to signing for Hearts.

“He’s a talented player and, at 23-years-old, is at an age where he can continue to develop and progress.

“This club is the right place for him to do so and I look forward to welcoming him in the summer.”

Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

May be imminent!

Come on, is that it.

We need more.

Too slow :laugh2:

Edited by HoGwash

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Happy about this one. 3 very good centre backs should Souttar be sold or Berra injured

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yet another player who has chosen Heart Of Midlothian over Hibernian 

And Aberdeen 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yet another player who has chosen Heart Of Midlothian over Hibernian 

Tbf, my pet guinea pig would make that choice too!  :biggrin2:

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

:rudiyas:

Welcome Craig! 

Craig oot!!

Oooopps, sorry. Wrong Craig!

?

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Craig oot!!

Oooopps, sorry. Wrong Craig!

?

They’ll find a reason, they’ll greet about too many centerhalfs or something. ?

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

They’ll find a reason, they’ll greet about too many centerhalfs or something. ?

His surname will be Hoofkett on here before you can say Jack Robinson!

:facepalm: