Cletus Nombil - work permit application rejected (title updated)

Inch Hearts

16 hours ago, XB52 said:

Wow. What a rant and not one word to admit you were wrong. So bye bye and you can annoy the rest of this board with your rubbish

Bye bye, rant, wrong you really need to calm down XB52. Are you a crossbow fanatic.

Maybe you'd be better calling yourself B52 as i recon you've bombed with your post.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inch Hearts

• mitch41

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

16 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

You don't need to go on, you repeat it ad nauseum every day on nearly every thread. I'm just shocked you haven't mentioned the Bootroom!! 

I'm really very sorry for not mentioning Bootroom or as Bad Religion spells it Boot Room.

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The teams that won the 2 league titles etc had 6 or 7 home grown players in the team then. 

If you hang on for a year or two you might just see the same again.

More excuses wait till this. wait till that, wait till the cows come home.

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'm not being funny but Martin is a shining example of the problems with our recruitment department. Arguably the best example.

I hope this kid is dynamite but the fact remains - this regime have a poor track record when it comes to deals like this.

This

a 1 year deal with an option to extend would have been better.

a lot of our 3 year deals are flops

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Symptomatic of the modern day fan. Everything now. 

Usually leads a club to ruin unless the huge sponsors fund it.

We are running affairs properly. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'm not being funny but Martin is a shining example of the problems with our recruitment department. Arguably the best example.

I hope this kid is dynamite but the fact remains - this regime have a poor track record when it comes to deals like this.

Which is the irony. 

Recruitment has been shite when the pressure has been applied to produce results. 

Effective recruitment is done over time and is selective. Unfortunately our fans don't seem overly enamored by a long term approach 

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cletus’ three year deal has been performed over 24 hours, he’s a dud and everyone else we’ve signed this summer is a dud. Aidy White is a dud. A couple of 13 year olds in the academy are deadwood and need launched. @mitch41 is bringing up signings from the 1990’s just to emphasise how many duds we have signed historically. In 2037 someone will still be moaning about Oshiniwa and Sammon.

Berra is also now a dud as his legs are made of chocolate mousse.

Djoum has been selected, by Clarence Seedorf, to play for Cameroon at the Afcon. He is still a dud. Seedorf is the Dutch Levein.

No other team ever misses a beat in transfer market. Only Hearts. Always only Hearts. 

Dud, dud, dud ...

Superb post very witty had me laughing at you sense of humour.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Which is the irony. 

Recruitment has been shite when the pressure has been applied to produce results. 

Effective recruitment is done over time and is selective. Unfortunately our fans don't seem overly enamored by a long term approach 

Fair enough. Can you tell me, then, in which year I'm legitimately allowed to judge the club's performance?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

a 1 year deal with an option to extend would have been better.

a lot of our 3 year deals are flops

The 3 year deal is irrelevant, 3 year contracts are not the problem, the player is ( or not). 3 year contracts don't make players flops, just as 1 year deals don't make players good. 

If it was one year and he was good (big John), we then lose the player for nothing. 

A young 18 year old v Martin is a completely different risk. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Symptomatic of the modern day fan. Everything now. 

Usually leads a club to ruin unless the huge sponsors fund it.

We are running affairs properly. 

The modern day !! What year would you like us to be in 1874 with horse draw carriages.

Sorry i'm just pulling your wooden leg Capt. Long John Silver.

The club as a whole is doing great and you know the only problem many fans have is ?

A. Hearts management.

Bad Religion

Well i have been on the Liverpool Stadium Tour years ago and on the door was BOOTROOM.

Stay calm Mitch, please. I don't like it when you shout at me.

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Stay calm Mitch, please. I don't like it when you shout at me.

To tell you the truth in the Liverpool shop they have a couple of items spelling them 

Boot Room and Bootroom.

Absolute Scenes
33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

when are you due back?

Bad Religion

To tell you the truth in the Liverpool shop they have a couple of items spelling them 

Boot Room and Bootroom.

I hope you enjoyed your Anfield excursion. If only our players and management could show an ounce of the fight and desire that you do, we too could be European Champions of the Universe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fair enough. Can you tell me, then, in which year I'm legitimately allowed to judge the club's performance?

Ah, that's the 64 million dollar question :)

Its a question of faith. Personally, after 2012 - 14 I'm quite relaxed about a longer term strategy, especially since we are seeing some fruit emerge

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The modern day !! What year would you like us to be in 1874 with horse draw carriages.

The club as a whole is doing great and you know the only problem many fans have is ?

A. Hearts management.

Literally no idea what any of that means

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

I hope you enjoyed your Anfield excursion. If only our players and management could show an ounce of the fight and desire that you do, we too could be European Champions of the Universe.

usually go down to Liverpool for a weekend in August this time i will do the Anfield Tour.

Bad Religion
Just now, mitch41 said:

usually go down to Liverpool for a weekend in August this time i will do the Anfield Tour.

Liverpool is lovely in August. Please share your pictures on JKB.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

A. Hearts management.

What’s going on here?

jambopilms

What's this bootroom thing? It seems to have passed me by and I assume it's not the room with the boots in.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What's this bootroom thing? It seems to have passed me by and I assume it's not the room with the boots in.

It’s the ‘wooden legged, Captain Long John Silver’ comment that had me scratching my head!

48 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Liverpool is lovely in August. Please share your pictures on JKB.

I will when i learn how to post pictures lol.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s the ‘wooden legged, Captain Long John Silver’ comment that had me scratching my head!

Got to confess. Never had a reply that has flummoxed me more than that one. I thought I'd taken LSD for lunch

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, I understand 'the bigger picture'. What I seriously question is whether the bigger picture will actually be delivered given the way the club are drifting and have been drifting as a football team for a while.

A lot of people on here keep promising us jam tomorrow (and I'm talking about results/football here, not progress off the pitch which quite honestly deserves no criticism). But all you're really offering is blind faith in a coach and set-up which has very obvious flaws - recruitment being one of them.

Only one way to find out, which is where I'm at.  Give it a bit more time.  If we chop and change every time we have a poor patch we'll never know. 

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to confess. Never had a reply that has flummoxed me more than that one. I thought I'd taken LSD for lunch

Perhaps the originator of the post had done that very thing. :) 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ah, that's the 64 million dollar question :)

Its a question of faith. Personally, after 2012 - 14 I'm quite relaxed about a longer term strategy, especially since we are seeing some fruit emerge

No, come on. When does a long-term strategy go past the point of impunity?

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

How on earth is pointing out a fact an excuse?

I'm not asking you to wait until the cows come home.  That's up to you.

We started from next to scratch 5 years ago and are building from the bottom up because we don't have the money to compete in the market with the Ugly Sisters.  If you read our history we were in a similar boat in the 1940s and took a chance on young lads like Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh who went on to play some of the finest football this club has ever played - oh, and they won leagues, league cups and the Scottish Cup.

SpruceBringsteen

Whilst as tedious bunfights (where the exact same people say the exact same thing over and over again) go this is right up there with the best, did we actually sign this laddie then?

20 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Why do you need to be so rude and obnoxious? Disagree with his posts by all means but cut out the rudeness 

I'll post what I want when I want when people have a go at my club if you don't like it out me on ignore or report me 

gorgieheart

is this thread about Cletus ?  

or has it degenerated into , you said,  naw you said..he hit me first...mr mr , that big boy just pushed me !!!

Seriously, some folk need to let the danglers drop and man up !

So, Cletus... few big names after him supposedly, although i recall we beat off some serious opposition to get the legend that is/was Juwon...

Worth a punt  ? 

21 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Whilst as tedious bunfights (where the exact same people say the exact same thing over and over again) go this is right up there with the best, did we actually sign this laddie then?

No, not yet.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I'll post what I want when I want when people have a go at my club if you don't like it out me on ignore or report me 

Cool story bro

Spellczech
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If you are are living in the expectation rather than the hope of glory, then I'm sorry but you are supporting the wrong team...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, come on. When does a long-term strategy go past the point of impunity?

Nowhere near impunity. 

Progress needs to be measured in other ways than simply league position. Foundations are being laid 

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

How on earth is pointing out a fact an excuse?

I'm not asking you to wait until the cows come home.  That's up to you.

We started from next to scratch 5 years ago and are building from the bottom up because we don't have the money to compete in the market with the Ugly Sisters.  If you read our history we were in a similar boat in the 1940s and took a chance on young lads like Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh who went on to play some of the finest football this club has ever played - oh, and they won leagues, league cups and the Scottish Cup.

And ?

Rocky jamboa

I've just watched his you tube video and nowhere near as good as dauda or malaury Martin.... which tells you everything! 

rudi must stay
40 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I've just watched his you tube video and nowhere near as good as dauda or malaury Martin.... which tells you everything! 

Tells you he's 18 and improving

Anyway he looks better than both to me. Tall, strong, confident, good passer who can play at a quick tempo. That's how Celtic scout young players (it appears to me) athlete first, footballer second. Very good feeling about this one 

The chances of this lad making it as a regular first team player at Hearts aren’t  favourable.

But then he is no different to the majority of signings all teams make in his age bracket. For most teams only a small percentage go from academy to regular first team player. The rest are released.

I really don’t see the point in anyone getting worked up over academy level signings. I’d maybe get it if we don’t ever see any progress from academy to first team but over the past couple of seasons we have and this will steadily improve.

Edited by DH1986

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Oh ye of little faith

That’s what all Jambos want faith in the players and management.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
15 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

This lad is 18 and will be brought in to develop. The 2 you named were senior established players...or so they claimed

• 2 weeks later...