Anyone not going to the semi final.....?

Section Q

38 minutes ago, Boab said:

Usual debate that always goes the same way. This thread is different in the respect that it’s title encourages this type of Uber/PHM shitfest.

I, genuinely, can’t see the problem here.

Sales, so far, allow 4 per holder so the numbers will be decent up to now. Come the general sale, we will be close to 20K....possibly even more.

Historically, a decent Hearts turn out.

If we make the final, these arrangements go out the window and we will revert to ST holders getting their brief and then LPs for the rest.

I believe we’ll all get one if we want one. What are we looking at ?

22K + hospitality take up ?

No need for anyone, especially the Uber’s, to ruin underwear here.

?wil

Can't understand your figures.

You reckon we will sell over 20K for the s/f (I dont) yet you reckon everyone who wants one will get a ticket for the final when we only have an allocation of 22k.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• luckydug

• ArcticJambo

• GorgieRules22

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can't understand your figures.

You reckon we will sell over 20K for the s/f (I dont) yet you reckon everyone who wants one will get a ticket for the final when we only have an allocation of 22k.

Read again, bud. ST holders can buy up to 4 each for the Semi. I’m sure quite a lot have bought extra in this phase. That will bump up the numbers. Same with the general phase. Mates buying in groups to sit together.

If we get to the Final, it will be one per ST holder. What’s that ? 13K ?

Leaves 10K or thereabouts for LP holders.

Plenty !

Only people who could, potentially, miss out are folks with no LPs.

15 hours ago, kimosavi said:

I cant make it happy for you to use my season ticket details to book 

That's a really kind offer. I won't take it up because I believe there are going to be enough tickets left but thank you anyway

GorgieRules22
11 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Posters on here don’t necessarily attend or follow Hearts home and away. They just seem to get their jollies from trolling. 

No real loss is it and anyone choosing not to go and citing the reason as ‘can’t be bothered’ isn’t a PHM imo! The loyal ones will be there regardless. I see the same faces at the away games and despite most of us being thoroughly pissed off with the playing side, we  still turn up to follow the famous.we moan about it but It’s what PHM’s do to a fault. 

Aye your spot on mate, I just can’t get my head around someone claiming to be a Hearts supporter choosing not to go to the game.

On 25/03/2019 at 10:08, Saughton Jambo said:

For those of us who watch home and away every week it’s glaringly obvious why people don’t want to go. The football is utter diarrhoea to watch. It’s gotten so bad that most us us wish the 90mins are up as soon as we kick off. Partick was a low point, Hamilton was a new low. Trouble is we don’t seem to know how to change it as we’ve tried every player in almost every position and nothing working. The team is not a bad team in general but is lacking leadership, guidance and suffering from a severe lack of confidence. Coupled with our disgruntled support who travel in great numbers and it’s easy to see why there is no enthusiasm or appetite for many just now. The teams woeful performances are having a huge negative effect on the support just now as we have become a support of doom mongers and it’s all to do with the product in the park. 

If we win our next 3 then I’m sure it’ll all change and there will be a demand for tix. Lose the next 3 and It doesn’t auger well for the run in to the end of the season. I hope AB realises that the Shiite football on display will be sadly affecting and reducing the coffers that should be pouring but will be slowly ebbing from our beloved club.

We already know we have a new stand that’s over budget and this impacts on the quality of player and wages we can pay. It’s been well documented that it will be another two years before we can pay it off and then start directing funds into the playing team. Strap in lads as it’s going to be another two rough years for us! 

This...!

HEARTS_1874
3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Aye your spot on mate, I just can’t get my head around someone claiming to be a Hearts supporter choosing not to go to the game.

What about fans like myself who cannot afford to go to this game as i have prior commitments the week after? and funds don't stretch far enough.

A Hearts supporter is a Hearts supporter weather or not they can attend all games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Just before halftime at Hamilton last week I went down to the toilets, more to break up the monotony of what I was witnessing than the urge to go. I then stood down at ground level for the remainder of the half. I bumped into a well travelled Jambo that also goes every week. We chewed the fat for about 5 mins discussing how poor Hearts were and what we need to do to change it. We then both agreed that we should’ve stayed in Edinburgh as we had better things to do than watch this p15h on offer. Then we said, but we say this every week. Had a good laugh (not in the sense it’s funny just trying to make light of a bad situation) (well if you didn’t you’d just seriouslsy cry) about our teams misfortunes and departed with the infamous line....so I’ll catch you a week on Wednesday at Ibrox.

Watching Hearts is a disease that has no cure. You just learn to take the good with the bad and live in hope that maybe this year will be ‘Our Year’ 

HHGH

Hardest thing this year, it offered hope, and it has been spectacularly poor since October. But it's Hearts so why expect anything different. Missing a bit of passion on the pitch though, our bookings have gone way down, we are not tackling very much. Just a wee bit of we need to win today about it would be good

tynietigers

I bought tickets and then found out the kids have a swimming competition ? so decided as that what we have paid for all year we will watch on TV and competition is at 3pm. We are all a bit gutted but told them we will make up for it by going to the final ???

29 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

What about fans like myself who cannot afford to go to this game as i have prior commitments the week after? and funds don't stretch far enough.

A Hearts supporter is a Hearts supporter weather or not they can attend all games.

Nobody's criticising folk in your situation.

It's the dicks that are posting on here claiming they are not going and behaving as if it's some kind of badge of honour.

They are expecting kudos for disloyalty ?

GorgieRules22
56 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

Then your not choosing not to go are you ? You just can’t go.....read my comments mate it might help ?

GorgieRules22
43 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I bought tickets and then found out the kids have a swimming competition ? so decided as that what we have paid for all year we will watch on TV and competition is at 3pm. We are all a bit gutted but told them we will make up for it by going to the final ???

Well we all know who wears the trousers in your house ?

jack D and coke
On 24/03/2019 at 22:23, martoon said:

I genuinely fear it won't end well, but I'm still going. 

I've witnessed Airdrie x 3, St. Mirren etc., so I can take anything The Hearts can throw at me.

Bring it on. Up until kick off it's a cracking day out with thousands of my Jambo brothers and, since those horrific semi finals, it's often been brilliant at full time.  

C'mon the J.T's. 

Same bruv??

I struggle to believe you’re even a Hearts fan if you can go to this and you aren’t going. 

Edited by jack D and coke

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:07, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

What is really confusing though is it's the same players who were playing at the start of the season and we were sitting top of the table have the injuries been the main reason for the downward spiral.

I think injuries played some part in it but not all, as has been proved since they've all returned. Yes we played quite well in some games but got lucky in others. Once opponents work you out when you sign so many new players they will then set their teams out better. To be honest it's not really difficult to stop Hearts playing. All they have to do is defend and they know they'll limit any attacking chances and try to catch us on the break, which we've seen a few times. They will be quite happy to let Hearts have the ball knowing that our players rarely find an attacking pass doing this, we prefer to keep passing the ball sidewards and backwards in the hope the opposition come out so we can find a bit of space somewhere which usually results in the punt up the park to Uche. Overall  our players pass the ball across the field as no-one wants to take responsibility and pass the buck in the hope someone else will.

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Same bruv??

I struggle to believe you’re even a Hearts fan if you can go to this and you aren’t going. 

Everyone has reasons why they don’t attend. It’s no one’s business on here, mate.

I’ll give you an example; we received an allocation of 18K for the hooped demons semi in 2012.

We sold 12K !

If social media was to be believed, it was because many thought we would get hosed !

So, here’s the question...is that choosing not to go ?

That’s 6000 supporters we’re talking about.

One to ponder eh !

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:47, luckydug said:

Then they are not really 'Jambo' mates are they ?

ST holders and can't be bothered with a semi final wtf.

Makes the predictions of 25k support look unlikely.

Take it you are still going ?

On the contrary...they are very big Jambos luckydug, a few have went to a lot of euro matches over the years... Prague a couple of times, Paris, Basel, Italy, Braga (I think, can't remember but somewhere in the back of my mind) and other destinations.

When I mentioned getting a group of tickets together there was no enthusiasm from any of them. Maybe we're all just getting too auld for the hassle. Oh, no I won't be going now either, not much fun on yir own. We'll probably need to get to a pub early though as they'll be packed out.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Everyone has reasons why they don’t attend. It’s no one’s business on here, mate.

I’ll give you an example; we received an allocation of 18K for the hooped demons semi in 2012.

We sold 12K !

If social media was to be believed, it was because many thought we would get hosed !

One to ponder eh !

Were Celtic fans expecting to get hosed as well ?

Only 24k of them turned up. Roughly half what they get for a home game in Glasgow.

Our 12K was a bigger proportion of our home gate than theirs.

I think we will get a few more than 2012 but not that much.

Going to act devils advocate here but if we play Celtic in the final we only really deserve about 18k tickets and attendance at semi final should get priority.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

On the contrary...they are very big Jambos luckydug, a few have went to a lot of euro matches over the years... Prague a couple of times, Paris, Basel, Italy, Braga (I think, can't remember but somewhere in the back of my mind) and other destinations.

When I mentioned getting a group of tickets together there was no enthusiasm from any of them. Maybe we're all just getting too auld for the hassle. Oh, no I won't be going now either, not much fun on yir own. We'll probably need to get to a pub early though as they'll be packed out.

You see you have just pointed out you and your mates priorities.

Trips abroad more like stag nights all going in a big group to matches.

You are not so much going to support the Hearts you are going for the booze.

I suppose going to the football means different things to us all.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You see you have just pointed out you and your mates priorities.

Trips abroad more like stag nights all going in a big group to matches.

You are not so much going to support the Hearts you are going for the booze.

I suppose going to the football means different things to us all.

Over the years they, and occasionally me, have missed some semi's and went to others. Maybe it's because it's Inverness, I don't know why, just guessing but as one said after I asked..."nah, nae point, i'd rather spend the money in the pub and watch the game" Another said "mibby if it was 3pm I wida went but cannae be arsed gaun through there for an early kick-off"

Edited by jambonian

Fraggle Rock

After an unexpected 1 month visit to the hospital in january and an expected 4/6 months recovery, then  I wont be attending any Hearts game soon. 

Would i have went if I was fit enough? , yeah most likely.

Edited by EH16

41 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Were Celtic fans expecting to get hosed as well ?

Only 24k of them turned up. Roughly half what they get for a home game in Glasgow.

Our 12K was a bigger proportion of our home gate than theirs.

I think we will get a few more than 2012 but not that much.

Going to act devils advocate here but if we play Celtic in the final we only really deserve about 18k tickets and attendance at semi final should get priority.

No, ST holders and LP holders with required points should get priority. You can’t pick and choose loyalty. We’ve been over this many times on here and the arguments of giving people priority because they attend two or three cup ties never loses it’s ridiculousness !

37 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Over the years they, and occasionally me, have missed some semi's and went to others. Maybe it's because it's Inverness, I don't know why, just guessing but as one said after I asked..."nah, nae point, i'd rather spend the money in the pub and watch the game" Another said "mibby if it was 3pm I wida went but cannae be arsed gaun through there for an early kick-off"

The early kick off is a pain right enough.

It will put a lot of folk off imo.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

We sold 12K !

One to ponder eh !

but what a day it was. Flew into Glasgow at 8.30 am and stayed in the airport boozing until close to KO because no bars were open in Glasgow. and we stuffed the *******s, the first time most of us had seen that happen. I'll be there for ICT but in a more sedate manner. Trying to persuade my daughter to come too. We'll see what happens

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The early kick off is a pain right enough.

It will put a lot of folk off imo.

No idea why. Any train before 11 o’clock should get folk into Glasgow with enough time to get across to Hampden. It’s not as if you’re talking lunch time in Aberdeen kinda departure time. 

waynefozzie
17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No idea why. Any train before 11 o’clock should get folk into Glasgow with enough time to get across to Hampden. It’s not as if you’re talking lunch time in Aberdeen kinda departure time. 

Not if you're coming from Gloucestershire ☹ There's a flight from Birmingham arrives in time but I don't drive and public transport won't get me to the airport early enough. This will be only the 2nd Hampden appearance I've missed in 30 years or so, but the other was the 2012 semi and that turned out OK!

7 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

That's a really kind offer. I won't take it up because I believe there are going to be enough tickets left but thank you anyway

No worries my missus is due at the same time as the Semi final so its there if anyone needs it

15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No worries my missus is due at the same time as the Semi final so its there if anyone needs it

Nice touch. ?

All the best with the baby.

Johnny Sandiego
On 25/03/2019 at 10:08, Saughton Jambo said:

For those of us who watch home and away every week it’s glaringly obvious why people don’t want to go. The football is utter diarrhoea to watch. It’s gotten so bad that most us us wish the 90mins are up as soon as we kick off. Partick was a low point, Hamilton was a new low. Trouble is we don’t seem to know how to change it as we’ve tried every player in almost every position and nothing working. The team is not a bad team in general but is lacking leadership, guidance and suffering from a severe lack of confidence. Coupled with our disgruntled support who travel in great numbers and it’s easy to see why there is no enthusiasm or appetite for many just now. The teams woeful performances are having a huge negative effect on the support just now as we have become a support of doom mongers and it’s all to do with the product in the park. 

If we win our next 3 then I’m sure it’ll all change and there will be a demand for tix. Lose the next 3 and It doesn’t auger well for the run in to the end of the season. I hope AB realises that the Shiite football on display will be sadly affecting and reducing the coffers that should be pouring but will be slowly ebbing from our beloved club.

We already know we have a new stand that’s over budget and this impacts on the quality of player and wages we can pay. It’s been well documented that it will be another two years before we can pay it off and then start directing funds into the playing team. Strap in lads as it’s going to be another two rough years for us! 

Im not so sure that current form is actully going to impact the crowd as much as you suggest. Pretty much every Hearts fan i know or work with is going. Lots taking kids, wifes, friends etc who dont normally go. 

A semi final, especially against a Championship team, is a good excuse to forget about league form and enjoy the occasion. 

I reckon we will have over 20k which is a good enough crowd for a lunch time kick off.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Depends where you're travelling from. 

I'll be there but for me personally lunch time kick offs are a nuisance. 

Gutted can't make it. Got a long standing commitment with the family. Still bought a ticket and my old boy is going with his wife. 

Totally gutted not to be making it.. 

On 25/03/2019 at 13:32, i8hibsh said:

I’ll be honest (as I always try to be)……………..I am not going as I am becoming a fairweather fan, I am utterly scunnered with the team, coaching staff, manager and mainly Ann Budge. I feel absolutely nothing to the players that go out on to the park week in week out and see them, to a man as a bunch of losers and a disgrace to the club.

Yet here you are yet again on yet another thread posting yet another negative opinion.  Attention seeking.  Perhaps if following the Hearts makes you this cynical and miserable you should find yourself another hobby. 

Phil Dunphy
41 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

Not if you're coming from Gloucestershire ☹ There's a flight from Birmingham arrives in time but I don't drive and public transport won't get me to the airport early enough. This will be only the 2nd Hampden appearance I've missed in 30 years or so, but the other was the 2012 semi and that turned out OK!

Understandable for you, I'm more on about those who live within 30 miles of Tynecastle who could easily make it in time.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Depends where you're travelling from. 

I'll be there but for me personally lunch time kick offs are a nuisance. 

For those scattered around the country and the world, I can see their point. But the bulk of our fanbase is based in and around Edinburgh, Fife and the Lothians. An achievable journey for those who can be arsed.

Haringshairband

I'm more concerned about getting tickets for the final. I don't have a season ticket this season and I'm only sitting on 20 loyalty points. 

It may well be the case that after ST holders and the LP threshold(and assuming we reach the final) that Hearts may give registered semi final attendees the next shout on briefs.

Maybe imagining it but did we not do this once in the past?

5 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

but what a day it was. Flew into Glasgow at 8.30 am and stayed in the airport boozing until close to KO because no bars were open in Glasgow. and we stuffed the *******s, the first time most of us had seen that happen. I'll be there for ICT but in a more sedate manner. Trying to persuade my daughter to come too. We'll see what happens

Big match .... Blades going up to premier vs dockers going down to 1st division!!!

Graeme Russell

Currently in Perth Oz visiting family so won’t make it, will also miss the final if we win as we will be in Dubai.

Pretty gutted to be honest but will be praying for another cup win.

3 hours ago, Graeme Russell said:

Currently in Perth Oz visiting family so won’t make it, will also miss the final if we win as we will be in Dubai.

Mt heart bleeds for you :laugh2:

4 hours ago, Graeme Russell said:

Be sure to tell us about your travels ☺

11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It may well be the case that after ST holders and the LP threshold(and assuming we reach the final) that Hearts may give registered semi final attendees the next shout on briefs.

Maybe imagining it but did we not do this once in the past?

Pretty sure last home game was StJohnste in 1998, and that got you priority ticket for sc final, if not season ticket holder.

43 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Pretty sure last home game was StJohnste in 1998, and that got you priority ticket for sc final, if not season ticket holder.

That’s correct, I was visiting Edinburgh that weekend and had already planned / bought tickets for that game for family. We were still doing well in the league then and I was amazed that the crowd was not bigger that day. Anyway I ended up with 6 tickets for the final!!!

Skippy Doodle
This is not a post pointing fingers at fans who cannot attend for logistical or financial reasons

If you can attend but due to issues with current team/manager/playing style have not purchased a ticket then watch the video below and ask yourself "do I want to miss out on being part of potentially another great Scottish Cup journey"

On 24/03/2019 at 21:20, cocobeab said:

Semi finals have come along all too rare in my 47 years.

Hearts supporters will be there. 

Seriously?? I can't remember the exact number of semi finals I've been to (especially from the mid 80s), but I know it was a fair few. The reason I know that is because I remember the depression after being horsed - Airdrie twice, St Mirren, St Johnstone, and of course the Old Firm numerous times - God, it was depressing

N Lincs Jambo

Tickets ordered. First Hearts game for quite a while and I’m buzzing for it. Also taking my youngest daughter to her first competitive Hearts game. Hopefully she will catch the bug ?

been here before
25 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Tickets ordered. First Hearts game for quite a while and I’m buzzing for it. Also taking my youngest daughter to her first competitive Hearts game. Hopefully she will catch the bug ?

...which according to some halfwits on here should entitle you both to priority over ST holders and those with high LPs when it comes to tickets for the final.

JamboGraham
34 minutes ago, Marty-man said:

Seriously?? I can't remember the exact number of semi finals I've been to (especially from the mid 80s), but I know it was a fair few. The reason I know that is because I remember the depression after being horsed - Airdrie twice, St Mirren, St Johnstone, and of course the Old Firm numerous times - God, it was depressing

They are pretty rare...we had 3 in a row in the 80's but we had waited 9 years for the first of these in 1986. The 90's were 'better' where we had 5 in 7 years and even worked out how to win a couple by the end of that run. After that it was a 7 year wait, followed by a 6 year wait, followed by another 7 years...

For someone nearing 50 your lifetime has only seen one more Hearts Scottish Cup Semi than World Cup Finals...if you are 21 this year, it's an average of over 5 years between semi-final appearances...

N Lincs Jambo
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

...which according to some halfwits on here should entitle you both to priority over ST holders and those with high LPs when it comes to tickets for the final.

Not this half-wit though. We get to the final and I’ve no chance of a ticket. That’s fine by me though. Even if we sell 25K tickets for the semi there will still be 20K empty seats so I’m just delighted to get the chance to see the boys in action again.