Anyone not going to the semi final.....?

Section Q

Haven't committed yet but unlikely to go through to Glasgow. Fans I know are half n half.

Anyone......?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• luckydug

• ArcticJambo

• GorgieRules22

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Haven't committed yet but unlikely to go through to Glasgow. Fans I know are half n half.

Anyone......?

It’s a huge commitment to make that 50 minute journey to Glasgow, hope you and your mates are brave enough to do it though......good luck ??

glynnlondon
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone......?

Hang a magic tree round your neck and keep the stench of the weegie tramps to a minimum.

Here to help.

been here before

I cant make it. Only the 3rd game Ive missed all season.

Being able to watch it on the telly is scant consolation.

3pm might have managed but not 1215.

?

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m only going to see Robbo ?

If you can go but can’t be arsed then you are a dick. 

Ive not seen Robbo live at Hampden since a boys brigade visit to a match im

sure he scored the winner in about 1993 (could be wrong). 

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Hang a magic tree round your neck and keep the stench of the weegie tramps to a minimum.

Here to help.

Vicks vapo rub up each nostril works better.

N Lincs Jambo

If it goes to a general sale I’ll be taking my youngest daughter to her first competitive Hearts game. She’s only been to the game at Rotherham in 2012 and when I mentioned it she’s well up for it so if you see a ginger lass with a Hearts scarf with an English accent give her a warm JKB welcome to the Hearts family ?

I've no idea why anyone who can go would even think about not going.

Yes the football is shite but semifinals are generally poor anyway.

We are 90mins away from the final. The team needs our support.

?

Edited by neilnunb

Don't get paid for another week. If tickets last, I'll be there. If not I'll be stashing for the final 

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Ive not seen Robbo live at Hampden since a boys brigade visit to a match im

sure he scored the winner in about 1993 (could be wrong). 

So you’ve missed watching us in semi finals and finals ? Do you go much ?

maroonsgotop
43 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone......?

if you care about Hearts you'll be there

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

unless you're working or out the country

If your working you take a holiday.

been here before
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

There seems to be a stack of regular posters on here that don’t attend many matches.

Theres only about a dozen posters on this thread. Out of them theres only 2 or 3 said they cant/arent going. Where is this "stack of regular posters on here" you're slavering about?

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If your working you take a holiday.

in fairness that's not always possible. fixed rotas/numbers already off. Of course you could always throw a 'sickie' ?

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres only about a dozen posters on this thread. Out of them theres only 2 or 3 said they cant/arent going. Where is this "stack of regular posters on here" you're slavering about?

Slavering ? It was the same in the Partick away one aswell, loads of regular posters saying they couldn’t make it.

I genuinely fear it won't end well, but I'm still going. 

I've witnessed Airdrie x 3, St. Mirren etc., so I can take anything The Hearts can throw at me.

Bring it on. Up until kick off it's a cracking day out with thousands of my Jambo brothers and, since those horrific semi finals, it's often been brilliant at full time.  

C'mon the J.T's. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I've witnessed Airdrie x 3, St. Mirren etc., so I can take anything The Hearts can throw at me.

Bring it on. Up until kick off it's a cracking day out with thousands of my Jambo brothers and, since those horrific semi finals, it's often been brilliant at full time.  

C'mon the J.T's. 

Love that post.

:thumbsup:

Can't make it as I'm on a pre-arranged walking trip. Otherwise,  no doubt I'd have found a way.

On a brighter note, I've seen us in close to 20 semi-final (cup and league cup) over the years.  Think we've won 3 of them. And, I missed the semis in 98 and 2012. It's a sign!!

Edited by Morlich

5 minutes ago, Morlich said:

Can't make it as I'm on a pre-arranged walking trip. Otherwise,  no doubt I'd have found a way.

On a brighter note, I've seen us in close to 20 semi-final (cup and league cup) over the years.  Think we've won 3 of them. And, I missed the semis in 98 and 2012. It's a sign!!

Hope so, bud. 

Enjoy your walk. 

3 tickets purchased and looking forward to the semi........away on holiday for the final. ?

been here before
52 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Slavering ? It was the same in the Partick away one aswell, loads of regular posters saying they couldn’t make it.

All you've done is just change the words but say the same thing.

Up until your post wheres the "stack of regular posters on here who arent going"?

Edited by been here before

48 minutes ago, martoon said:

Bring it on. Up until kick off it's a cracking day out with thousands of my Jambo brothers and, since those horrific semi finals, it's often been brilliant at full time.  

C'mon the J.T's. 

...and, of course, sisters. 

Apologies for the omission. 

46 minutes ago, martoon said:

C'mon the J.T's. 

Yup. We've had that many disappointments down the years against lower league teams that I don't have high hopes for this game. But at least if we do win it will be a pleasant surprise.

3 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Yup. We've had that many disappointments down the years against lower league teams that I don't have high hopes for this game. But at least if we do win it will be a pleasant surprise.

What we've seen before is the worst that can happen. 

:)

Edited by martoon

JamboGraham

As a Hearts supporters we average a semi-final every 5 years...

Work out how many more of these matches you might have in your lifetime and then see how you feel about committing...

Unless you have a valid excuse you go. I’m not happy with Levein for instance but by god I’ll be there. Any self respecting hearts fan will be there unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

like others I’ve seen the Airdrie games , the Celtic semi in 88, the st Mirren game etc but fek me it’s what we do . We’ve also seen plenty good times too. . HHGH

Edited by 1971fozzy

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Partick away was harder due to kick off time. Couldn't make that but this time taking three non regulars with me

Cruyff Turn

Yes, It is your fecking duty as a PHM to be there and support the side to a final. Tbh when it was announced as a lunch time kick off and on the TV, I was a bit like, meh, **** it, no much of a day out, i’ll have to get up at the crack of dawn and i’ll no bother if i’m having to go on my tod. Then my old man text me saying he’s got seats on a bus, with my uncles and we’re stopping at a boozer - I was like, ****ing :yas: let’s do this ? 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Work out how many more of these matches you might have in your lifetime and then see how you feel about committing...

Well that cheered me right up. ?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Well that cheered me right up. ?

:lol:

A sobering thought.

Hopefully the only one of the day.

As i had said on another post, i asked about 10 of my Jambo mates if they were going, i was going to get tickets for us altogether but none of them are wanting to go. Surprising as 5 (or is it 6!?) are season ticket holders and have been for donkeys years. Oh well, at least i tried!

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Jesus I’m in my 50’s now so by the law of averages then I’ve only got 4 or 5 semis left.

Alresdy got my tickets so darn right I’ll be there. It’s your duty if you’re a loyal Jambo. I wouldn’t and couldn’t miss this if I tried. Regardless of how we are playing at the moment, the club needs our support!   

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Partick away was harder due to kick off time. Couldn't make that but this time taking three non regulars with me

Top man scot.  That will make up for me as the Wellington Hearts Supporters Club aren't running a bus.

Cant say I'll miss the paddling across the Atlantic.  Plays hell with my delicate stomach.

I can’t make it. Falls on my wife’s x0th birthday ? and we’ve got her family and half of mine for dinner.

Seen too many marriages go down the tubes cos the guy had a semi.

On the up side, I missed the 2012 semi as I took her to Tenerife for her birthday back then. It’s a sign!