ICT AGM - Robbo Speaks

Lord Beni of Gorgie

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

All they really need to do is keep Uche quiet and the chances of us scoring become slim. 

No really, much as I love the big man I wouldn't put money on him to score each week.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• i8hibsh

• Morgan

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Well he wasn’t going to say he thinks tgere shite and will get pumped was he.

But it was a particular comment.

He wouldn’t say it if he felt it wasn’t true. 

He could use other words to inspire his team but he’s highlighted a certain point.  Pretty sad a Hearts legend sees this or thinks this , whether you agree with him or not.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But it was a particular comment.

He wouldn’t say it if he felt it wasn’t true. 

He could use other words to inspire his team but he’s highlighted a certain point.  Pretty sad a Hearts legend sees this or thinks this , whether you agree with him or not.

Hes a Hearts legend but he’s the Inverness manager, quite frankly who cares what he thinks ? Did he think they were a better football team when we beat them 5-0 ?

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Hes a Hearts legend but he’s the Inverness manager, quite frankly who cares what he thinks ? Did he think they were a better football team when we beat them 5-0 ?

True, and of course , but that was months ago. Maybe he’s seen improvement in his team and a slide in ours since then?

However, I think they’re quite slack at the back having seen them on tv recently. Our saviour may be Uche again with his bulk and effort making it torrid for them.  

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

If they start handing out euro places and trophies for quarterly form then I’ll start to pay attention to that more.

The could have been said for the over-reaction to the start of the season in that case?  Fact is we are in the here and now and our form is getting progressively worse. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Pants Shaton
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The could have been said for the over-reaction to the start of the season in that case?  Fact is we are in the here and now and our form is getting progressively worse. 

Its not though, is it?

It was:

Amazing

Dismal

OK

Poor 

in that order 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge and Levein have softened us up so much Spartans would fancy themselves v us. I will not be going to this as I see exactly what is coming.

I'm not going either, not through choice but I won't be there.

I'm interested to hear what it is that you can see exactly coming, most folk haven't a clue.

Just now, graygo said:

I'm not going either, not through choice but I won't be there.

I'm interested to hear what it is that you can see exactly coming, most folk haven't a clue.

·         Lack of desire

·         Lack of fight

·         Lack of skill

·         Lack of creation

·         Lack of opportunity

·         Lack of goals

·         Lack of will

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

·         Lack of desire

·         Lack of fight

·         Lack of skill

·         Lack of goals

·         Lack of will

Aye, but what about the team ?

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

·         Lack of desire

·         Lack of fight

·         Lack of skill

·         Lack of goals

·         Lack of will

It's a semi final that I won't be at so most of that means very little to me, you reckon we won't score a goal, is that right? That might be an issue right enough.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's a semi final that I won't be at so most of that means very little to me, you reckon we won't score a goal, is that right? That might be an issue right enough.

He missed the one that could make the biggest difference if things don't start well

Lack of confidence

As much as we wanted ICT, they wanted us. Aberdeen and Celtic would comfortably beat them. We will make it hard for ourselves but I think we will progress by a goal or two.

But, according to some on .net, Robbo is going to tell his team to ‘lie down’ against Hearts.

Aye, so he is.  :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He missed the one that could make the biggest difference if things don't start well

Lack of confidence

Pretty sure all the ones he listed could have been replaced by your one, obviously that could then have been blamed on Levein and Super Gran who don't care about the football side of the club and are trying to turn us into a community centre.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Having seen Partick run us close, he has every right to be confident. On recent performances they are a better footballing side than us. When was the last game we played good football? 

Aberdeen at home first half 

Bazzas right boot

Loved the wee man, but time to ram his words down his throat. 

ICT are not a better team in any shape or form than Hearts. 

Tbh, coming out with shite like " a better footballing side" makes him sound a bit hibs. 

Not cool. 

Must be the only side I know who only had to avoid defeat by more than 4 goals and got beat 5-0.

Not even guaranteed a promotion play off spot atm. He should worry about the football his side plays rather than us. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

As much as we wanted ICT, they wanted us. Aberdeen and Celtic would comfortably beat them. We will make it hard for ourselves but I think we will progress by a goal or two.

The same Aberdeen that drew with Stenny in an earlier round, lost at home recently to Hamilton and drew with Livingston at the weekend. I reckon he was just happy to avoid Celtic. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Aye, that Aberdeen side who drew with stenhousemuir?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The same Aberdeen that drew with Stenny in an earlier round, lost at home recently to Hamilton and drew with Livingston at the weekend. I reckon he was just happy to avoid Celtic. 

Pretty much. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

That's my hope too. Its an open game, got to be better for us

Nothing against the Wee Man, I know he has to talk his side up, but I feel he could have been a little wiser. We will match them, we have learned lessons and so on.

Aberdeen are shite too and so are Kilmarnock and Rangers. There in lies the crying shame of a horribly wasted opportunity imho

You know I was thinking this the other day. If we'd carried on the way we started we'd be right in the mix. Proper shame.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

He's not right but imagine the seethe if he said something a long the lines of 'We're only there to make up the numbers'

Love wee Robbo

I think he is right

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

We were coming off a 5-0 win against Cowdenbeath going into that game

Hmm. We were coming off a face-saving second 45 minutes - it was 0-0 at half-time in that game (booooo!) AND we were playing a 10-man Cowdenbeath from 30 mins. 

Cowdenbeath being at the tail end of the 4th tier and the team we used to beat 10-0 in the good old days.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge and Levein have softened us up so much Spartans would fancy themselves v us. I will not be going to this as I see exactly what is coming.

Presumably you won't be going to the final should we make it?

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Having seen Partick run us close, he has every right to be confident. On recent performances they are a better footballing side than us. When was the last game we played good football? 

On recent performances and form are Partick not a better more in form team than ICT?

Edited by Jammy T

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Presumably you won't be going to the final should we make it?

I will not be*

*may not strictly be true

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It breaks my heart we are going to upset the ultimate legend for 90 minutes.

Yes, but love is a tough road, many obstacles, ups and downs, highs and lows.

Mr Robertson will emerge a stronger person after the thrashing of his Jags.

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Edinburgh City are a better footballing side than us right now. 

I was an early Scottish cup round when Edinburgh played ICT and to be fair they were poor although they hammered City in the replay. We have to up our game.

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes, but love is a tough road, many obstacles, ups and downs, highs and lows.

Mr Robertson will emerge a stronger person after the thrashing of his Jags.

And will be at Hampden cheering us to victory against the filth from Glasgow's east. 

:robbo:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

You know I was thinking this the other day. If we'd carried on the way we started we'd be right in the mix. Proper shame.

Two letters but if is a massive word eh

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

And will be at Hampden cheering us to victory against the filth from Glasgow's east. 

:robbo:

Now, you’re talking!

09FA6E56-2EDB-43A4-A898-33F7C1956516.png

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

On recent performances and form are Partick not a better more in form team than ICT?

Partick Thistle beat them in Inverness fairly recently 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

We'll dispatch Inverness with ease. 

Sorry John. 

Robbo's interview on BT was brilliant. We were the last team in the world he wanted to play, it's a good draw for us

Edited by rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, Crete said:

Disappointed in robbo how can a Hearts legend say that,he has upset me and many thousands of fans with that comment.???

:notsure:

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Two letters but if is a massive word eh

As a Hearts and West Ham fan it most certainly is.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Not so sure, Inverness have won 4 of there last 5 games. 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Terrible attitude 

2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I think he is right

Do you?

How many times have you seen them play this season?

I've seen them twice, once was against lower league opposition where they won with a last minute goal, the other was against us and they got their arses handed to them.

Again, why do you think they are a better football side?

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

They play each at Firhill on Friday live on BBC Scotland.

I fancy Partick to do them.  Partick are a much better team than their League position suggests and I expect them to reach mid table safety by the end of the season.

Gibson_HMFC
5 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

No really, much as I love the big man I wouldn't put money on him to score each week.

Yeah, I didn't mean it like that. 

He can cause problems and create space for other players to get opportunity's but if he's kept quiet, there will be nothing on for us upfront. 

I do think that he would score more goals if he wasn't the only guy we rely on. 

So would Vanecek. 

There's just not enough attack minded players in our team. No creativity either. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

·         Lack of desire

·         Lack of fight

·         Lack of skill

·         Lack of goals

·         Lack of will

An accurate list of your weaknesses I8. 

siegementality
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They are currently well off the top in the Championship. We weren't in great form the last time we played them having just drawn away to Raith. 

Robbo saying the right things post. 

The right things being they probably are a better footballing side and he will be confident of beating us.

We are pretty pish and I’m fairly confident we could get beaten. 

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Most teams are better footballing sides than us, not surprised he is confident. 

I think it would have been a lot more difficult for him to stand up at the ICT AGM and tell the shareholders he was just taking the team down to Hampden for a day out. I, personally, think he will be very confident that he can produce a performance from them that will knock us out. I can also understand people referring back to the League Cup tie at Tynecastle towards the start of the season. I think that since then we have got a lot poorer, and from what I saw of their quarter final at Tannadice they looked like a not bad side at all. Certainly in that game they were spraying the ball about quickly and accurately, something which appears to have deserted us.

Rocky jamboa

He's right. If we play the same way we did v partick (twice), Dundee and hamilton, they've got every chance of winning. 

indianajones
15 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

He's right. If we play the same way we did v partick (twice), Dundee and hamilton, they've got every chance of winning. 

Yep. He's got them playing pretty well at the moment and on their day they could beat us easily. 

Hearts need a massive shake up. 

scott herbertson
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Would you like a bet on the outcome, loser to pay into FOH

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Would you like a bet on the outcome, loser to pay into FOH

No thanks Scott. I strictly do not gamble and I already pay in.