ICT AGM - Robbo Speaks

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Feedback from ICT’s AGM on Monday evening:

“John Robertson was present and answered a couple of questions at the end.  He said he feels we are a better footballing side than Hearts and is confident we can beat them.”

You can’t really argue with that prognosis.  Roll on Hampden in May J

The last sentence there is from an Inverness fan not myself, for clarity :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• i8hibsh

• Morgan

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

“John Robertson was present and answered a couple of questions at the end.  He said he feels we are a better footballing side than Hearts and is confident we can beat them.”

Mid table Championship side we beat earlier this season. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perfect - gives Levein the excuse to play one man up with everybody back to grind out a penalty win against this superior footballing side..........

He's not right but imagine the seethe if he said something a long the lines of 'We're only there to make up the numbers'

Love wee Robbo

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Perfect - gives Levein the excuse to play one man up with everybody back to grind out a penalty win against this superior footballing side..........

And it's away from home.

letsalldothebeattie
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Mid table Championship side we beat earlier this season. 

To be fair since then we’ve went backwards and he’s got them in a decent bit of form. So he’s not far off the mark with the comment

davemclaren
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

To be fair since then we’ve went backwards and he’s got them in a decent bit of form. So he’s not far off the mark with the comment

They are currently well off the top in the Championship. We weren't in great form the last time we played them having just drawn away to Raith. 

Robbo saying the right things post. 

9 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

They also could easily have been a couple of goals ahead before our players got their arses in gear that day.

41 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He's been sucked in to  trot out the same old usual shite , expect more big physical quotes in the next few weeks . 

He's got a selective memory , we destroyed them at the  start of the season , Let's just put that quote up in the changing room and ram  those words back down his thtoat 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Looking forward to it but I’ve ensured that the day will be a freebie by whacking £20 quid on ICT. 

Woohoo Hearts have qualified. Now to go home and eat Tesco value chopped tomatos for my dinner

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He's been sucked in to  trot out the same old usual shite , expect more big physical quotes in the next few weeks . 

He's got a selective memory , we destroyed them at the  start of the season , Let's just put that quote up in the changing room and ram  those words back down his thtoat 

We destroyed Hamilton at the start of the season too as well as St Mirren, Motherwell and Dundee. 

letsalldothebeattie
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They are currently well off the top in the Championship. We weren't in great form the last time we played them having just drawn away to Raith

Robbo saying the right things post. 

We were coming off a 5-0 win against Cowdenbeath going into that game

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Woohoo Hearts have qualified. Now to go home and eat Tesco value chopped tomatos for my dinner

? As a self proclaimed god of making Spag Bol, I wouldn’t recommend Tesco Value Chopped Tomatoes, Mutti Passata is the way to go. Might just drink that instead. 

Cant argue with that I would imagine most teams play better football than us as we seem to have lostthe ability to play any at all. 

We would absolutley of been the draw Inverness were hoping for out of the hat, espceially since Robbo was at the game at Firrhill. They will fancy their chances. The final is no way a given. 

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

We were coming off a 5-0 win against Cowdenbeath going into that game

Ah, I forgot about that great upturn. ?

I’m hoping he puts his tactics where his mouth is and tries to give us a game of football. Any team matching our work rate and drawing us into a battle is earning success. Mind you, Dundee out-footballed us last week and seeing as zero football was played on Saturday by either team, I’m fecked if I’m making a solid prediction for the semi. 

No idea what to expect other than ICT’s defending being a lot better than it was in July, which gives us a big problem. 

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah, I forgot about that great upturn. ?

Exactly we were flying at the time ?

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

And it's away from home.

This is one of our better seasons away from home, not that that suits the anti-Levein narrative.

48 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

? As a self proclaimed god of making Spag Bol, I wouldn’t recommend Tesco Value Chopped Tomatoes, Mutti Passata is the way to go. Might just drink that instead. 

Back to god training for you, my boy !

A proper Ragù should not be made with spaghetti. Tagliatelle or even a papperdelle will hold your sauce better.......and use plum tomatoes !

Legend, Robbo, but you’re getting spanked at Hampden !

8 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

We’re shite but we’re only 5 points behind Aberdeen who are good.  

It’s weird - isn’t it?

To be fair, we had built up a 13 point lead on them from Aug - Oct.  You don’t expect to drop a point a game to a rival over that length of time without criticism. I’m sure I heard that everyone except Dundee had matched or bettered Hearts points total since October’s end. May not be true and I can’t be arsed looking back, but there’s enough doubt that I couldn’t say for sure that it’s wrong without checking.

Inch Hearts
14 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

It’s weird - isn’t it?

We are third bottom of the form league.  The great start to the season has been our saving grace. 

13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

This is one of our better seasons away from home, not that that suits the anti-Levein narrative.

Thank god it's not one of our worst then!!!

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Hopefully this means they will not just sit on and wait for us to break them down. 

We are nuch better sgainst teams teams that give us room to play. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Locky said:

I've said umpteen times this last few weeks, I'd be more confident playing Celtic than I would Caley.

For what reason?  Without the pitch being a leveler of sorts at home we would get pumped at Hampden if they play anything near their best. 

Aberdeen in the Final would be the dream scenario. 

davemclaren
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

For what reason?  Without the pitch being a leveler of sorts at home we would get pumped at Hampden if they play anything near their best. 

Correct. 

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Our tactics and set up is far more suited to playing in a match like Celtic. You're right we wouldn't have that home advantage, but I think we resort far better to being the hunted rather than the hunter if you'll excuse the analogy.

Budge and Levein have softened us up so much Spartans would fancy themselves v us. I will not be going to this as I see exactly what is coming.

Fxxx the SPFL

Mulraney will rip them apart on the bigger pitch as long as someone can keep up with him and get on the end of his crosses.

Having seen Partick run us close, he has every right to be confident. On recent performances they are a better footballing side than us. When was the last game we played good football? 

Edited by karipidis

Brighton Jambo

I agree it will be tough but for all those agonising lets also remember this is a team who earlier in the season we beat 5-0, he said something similar before that game, what else would he say!!.  We aren't great but they really aren't either.  everyone calm down.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Back to god training for you, my boy !

A proper Ragù should not be made with spaghetti. Tagliatelle or even a papperdelle will hold your sauce better.......and use plum tomatoes !

Legend, Robbo, but you’re getting spanked at Hampden !

:laugh: cheers for the pointers, i’ll give it a bash. 

We should beat them and dominate the game. Robbo’s got a good side but there can be no excuse from us if we don’t progress to the final. 

OmiyaHearts

Our form and Caley's couldn't be more different than it was last time we played. I'm not confident of scoring at all - will take a 0-0 and wining on pens.

Pants Shaton
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

We are third bottom of the form league.  The great start to the season has been our saving grace. 

If they start handing out euro places and trophies for quarterly form then I’ll start to pay attention to that more.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully this means they will not just sit on and wait for us to break them down. 

agree with this. The poorer teams will focus on harrying and closing us down, getting men behind the ball and hoping to score on the break. no surprise we look better against top 4 or teams who's focus is on creating goals for themselves.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's my hope too. Its an open game, got to be better for us

Nothing against the Wee Man, I know he has to talk his side up, but I feel he could have been a little wiser. We will match them, we have learned lessons and so on.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

It’s weird - isn’t it?

Aberdeen are shite too and so are Kilmarnock and Rangers. There in lies the crying shame of a horribly wasted opportunity imho