Hearts Captain

Scottie98

If Berra Does decide it's time to move on who has the credentials to be the next Hearts captain?

Banks (will he play week in week out)??

Neilson (If so why not last season)??

Karipidis?? (came on to a half decent season and now speaks english)

If Berra Does decide it's time to move on who has the credentials to be the next Hearts captain?

Banks won't be first choice goalie so, no. Karipidis? mmm...not sure he's got what it takes, Neilson? I thought he would've been as the longest serving player who knows what Hearts are about. I remember when Michael Stewart came back, i thought he had the passion and fight(not unlike Pressley) for that role but he's became a bit of an arse from what i've been told. Maybe that's the reason Collins wanted him out when he was at Fester Road.

There is not one player at this club deserving of the captains band.

It will most likely go to Neilson though.

Maybe since he is Vlads new pet... Pinillia for captain!? :eek:

It will most likely go to Neilson though.

Maybe since he is Vlads new pet... Pinillia for captain!? :eek:

Agreed. None of the team are deserving of being captain but out of what he have it is going to be Neilson if Berra goes.

Ibrahim Tall

Neilsons probably the best candidate tbh, though that's not saying much.

Still don't think he's good enough to even be playing though.

I would give the armband to MIKO.

hang on, hang on, i'm not finished.

It seems that's the quickest way out the door at tynecastle, so only logical. :wacko:

Pants Shaton

We need to sign someone who is captain material - none of the imposters currently at Riccarton fit the bill.

Ray Winstone

Bring in Pressley to be club captain.

Should raise a few 'interesting' reactions.

Inspirational leader though.

Don't think it matters. As the captain at the club is basically someone who holds the mascotts hands and calls heads or tails.

Probably Neilson by default, I would imagine.

Sorry. Don't agree.

One thing we lacked last season was leadership, on and off the park.

A good captain counts for a lot.

It would be a thankless task. But I'd go for Neilson (assuming he's getting a game!)

I know he's not the best player in the world (understatement) but he tries and his heart is in the right place. Michael Stewart is too hot headed and other than that who could it be?

Unless we sign the big dominating centre half or the ballwinner that we require for midfield, Robbie should be captain this season.:)

Has Michael Stewart signed?

If he's at Riccarton, it kind of suggests we are going to give him a new deal.

The role of Captain incorporates:

Leading of the players ie representing their needs

Leadership on the park

Media work

Attendance at club events and supporters events

Currently we have a number of players who match 3 of the 4 categories but I'm not sure if anyone meets them all. My vote in the present squad would be Neilson, Stewart or Aguiar.

I would have to agree Captain, it's an important role within the club hence I would probably go for Neilson, he may not be the best player but he has the above credentials, Stewart & Aguiar may want to concentrate getting consistency in there game next season especially as Aguiar has been out for a while.Saying that I'm sure if it was offered to Stewart he would take it.

Bunny Munro

Neilson is the logical cadidate. Played most games last season, gave his all for the club, attends supporters dances and official signing sessions, is Scottish (Vlad always he wanted the captain to be Scottish,) has a high level of maturity, is aproachable by younger players for advice etc.

Which is why I think we'll pick Lee Wallace.

Guest jambomickey

even if berra stays and i hope he does! i think we need to sign a captain because in my opinion berra not a leader

Which is why I think we'll pick Lee Wallace.

The first paragraph is a horrible thought but that, well ...................

:rofl:

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely amen to that quote Alan!!

The most accurate statement EVER posted on JKB by a country mile mate :)

I think you missed my point.

I think a captain and leader is essential. I just think the club don't see it the same way.

I think they view the captain as little more than peson who leads the team out.

Don't think they want leaders.

My point is until the club mentality changes and realises the improtances of a captain. It makes little difference who the guy is.

When you look at what happen to anyone who has shown any leadership qualities at our club. I think it tells us all we need to know about the current regimes view on the club captain.

I did miss your point.

Apologies.

As has been said before, irony gets lost on an internet forum.

portobellojambo1

I think we need to make some quality signings, and one of those has to be an inspirational player who can captain the club.

While I totally agree that Robbie Neilson fulfils all the social aspects of someone you envisage as your club captain he lacks one pretty major quality, he cannae play football to fecking save himself.

While I totally agree that Robbie Neilson fulfils all the social aspects of someone you envisage as your club captain he lacks one pretty major quality, he cannae play football to fecking save himself.

Here endeth the lesson.

Just like the manager's job it's the job that nobody will really want as it seems that whoever takes the captaincy is always out the door either in the winter transfer window or afer one season and it's seen has a poisoned chalice.

I think we need to make some quality signings, and one of those has to be an inspirational player who can captain the club.

First statement, I agree and can only add that even if Berra stays, we could do with a captain to take the pressure off him.

Second statement, it still flabergasts (sp?) me that so many do not see this.

Corrie Jambo

Neilson should be third choice at right back if we must keep him.

He is not good enough to play for the famous Heart of Midlothian and is quiet as a mouse on the pitch.

We are screaming out for a leader of men. Bring in our new captain - Chris Morgan, Darren Purse or even Russell Anderson.

Get rid of Berra for ?2M and punt the lot on Mark Reynolds at Motherwell.

Neilson should be third choice at right back if we must keep him.

He is not good enough to play for the famous Heart of Midlothian and is quiet as a mouse on the pitch.

We are screaming out for a leader of men. Bring in our new captain - Chris Morgan, Darren Purse or even Russell Anderson.

Get rid of Berra for ?2M and punt the lot on Mark Reynolds at Motherwell.

ffs reynolds woudnt touch us with a bargepole he wants to go to 1 of the ugly sisters!!!

If Berra goes, I would give the captaincy to Eggert.

Too young to deal with the shight the club puts the players through.

I'd got for Karipidis if he gets respect from players in the dressing room and on the training ground.

rudi must stay

remember them saying last year that the captain will always be Scottish. So it'll probably be Neilson

remember them saying last year that the captain will always be Scottish. So it'll probably be Neilson

I'd take a pinch of salt with everything they say.

Archived