Save our Hearts chief says turmoil could spark new fans' campaign

Sherlock

ONE of the founding members of Save our Hearts today warned Vladimir Romanov...

ONE of the founding members of Save our Hearts today warned Vladimir Romanov that he is just weeks away from sparking a new fans' campaign to force sweeping changes at the club.

However, Ian MacLeod insisted that club owner Romanov can still rescue his reputation ? and the club ? if he acts quickly.

Interim head coach Stephen Frail was placed on gardening leave by Anatoli Korobochka on Wednesday and today Hearts' No.1 target to take over as manager, Vladimir Weiss, ruled himself out of the running by accepting the position of Slovakian national manager.

That leaves Hearts back at square one with just a few weeks until the start of the new SPL season, with no new signings on the horizon and Christophe Berra and Christian Nade at the centre of speculation they are about to quit Tynecastle.

And MacLeod fears that the Jambos will play to half-empty stadiums this season if steps are not taken to stabilise the club. He said: "It's a completely different situation to the last Save our Hearts campaign because it was all about raising cash to buy shares and oust Chris Robinson.

"Any new campaign would be different because of the rising debt and the fact that there is no real diversity in shareholders now, Romanov owns the vast majority of them.

"But I think that if things don't improve then people will vote with their feet and the team will be playing to half-empty stadiums. If things continue the way that they are then we are only a matter of weeks away from people saying that enough is enough. I have spoken to some of the other members of the previous campaign and, although we don't want it to take over our lives like it did before, the tide is definitely turning.

"The frustrating thing is that Romanov has the funding to turn this around and the problem is that fans have seen what potential the club has.

"We won the Scottish Cup and qualified for the Champions League, we want to get back to that again."

He added: "The transfer window is open, everyone else seems to be making signings, but all we seem to be interested in is allowing players to leave. No-one seems to be coming in and I think that it is pretty obvious that's because of the current situation.

"Last season was a disaster and it was blamed mainly on the fact that we had had a poor pre-season. It seems that we are just going down the same route again."

Weiss becomes the second candidate to turn down a move to Tynecastle after Motherwell manager Mark McGhee rejected the club's advances in favour of remaining at Fir Park earlier this month.

Former Artmedia Bratislava boss Weiss had declared publicly his interest in a move to the Jambos but failed to get the assurances he was looking for on team selection and transfers and has replaced Jan Kocian as the Slovakia boss.

Stanislav Strapek, Vice-President of the Slovakian Football Association, said: "We considered three or four other candidates but Vladimir Weiss was always our No.1 choice."

That article could have been a lot shorter and saved some paper.

"Save Our Hearts founding member has internet access and reads fans forums."

Auld Reekin'

Cue entirely predictable abuse:

"Who does this %*&?$ @# he think he is...? "

"He doesn't speak for me...! "

"Not in my name...! "

etc., etc., etc.

:blah::blah::blah::1132::blahblah:

Great OP, spot on, ignore the idiots and their abuse, they ain't welcome on here or at Tynie if thats their approach IMO

I read it with trepidation, hoping it was'nt trust like with a letter to Vlad and i was pleasantly impressed!

Well said Iain.

i dont think iainmac was impressed being labeled as the save our hearts chief

these teapots from the press always have to turn things around.but i thought what he said was spot on.

So Weiss was the No. 1 target now was he? Scottish journos don't have a scooby what is going on at Hearts.

Guest jambomickey

another save our hearts is the way forward! this paranoid regime need to be stopped from running our club like a circus

Think its fair to say he became the Number 1 target after McGee decided that staying at Fir Park was a better option.

Since when did the 3 man shortlist published in the EEN become fact??

i dont think iainmac was impressed being labeled as the save our hearts chief

these teapots from the press always have to turn things around.but i thought what he said was spot on.

You're right Pivot. Colleen called me at 08:15 this morning and asked me for my views on what had happened to Stevie Frail - interestingly, never printed them!

I did say that I would be speaking to some of my trusted fellow SOH activists over the weekend just to see what was the mood amongst them. She asked me how long I thought the fans would put up with all of the current nonsense before some kind of pressure group was formed..."Weeks, months, or a year?"

I said (my opinion) "weeks" and next thing you know, the headline is written.

As a matter of interest what were your view on Frail?

I didn't want him as manager - clearly not good enough - but felt that he might have at least been offered his old (U19 coach) job back. It wasn't his fault that he found himself at the top end of the ladder due to the fact that he was the only one that could speak English and handle the media.

The right thing to do IMO, would have been to offer him his old position back - I personally think he would not have accepted and walked anyway but he should have at least been given the opportunity.

As he's on "gardening leave", maybe he will be offered it - doubt it though!

maroonedinoz
I didn't want him as manager - clearly not good enough - but felt that he might have at least been offered his old (U19 coach) job back. It wasn't his fault that he found himself at the top end of the ladder due to the fact that he was the only one that could speak English and handle the media.

The right thing to do IMO, would have been to offer him his old position back - I personally think he would not have accepted and walked anyway but he should have at least been given the opportunity.

Can we have more posts from this poster..and his like?

Clear and reasoned, sensible and without any hidden agenda.

Now, THIS is why I access this board from 12000 miles away......not for some of the recent 'crap' that has been spouted by some.

Colonel Kurtz

Well said ....perhaps you should call Max clifford to handle your media work.

CornhillHearts

Will we ever know about Frail Iain, it seems to me the two Murrays are like the Thomson Twins and it seems unlikely they would have accepted Frail back into the fold relegating Darren to the 17s, although the 17s have no confirmed manager at moment as far as I am aware.

Colonel Kurtz
Will we ever know about Frail Iain, it seems to me the two Murrays are like the Thomson Twins and it seems unlikely they would have accepted Frail back into the fold relegating Darren to the 17s, although the 17s have no confirmed manager at moment as far as I am aware.

The thought of John belting out dont you want me baby in an irish accent has just put me off my bran flakes

You're right Pivot. Colleen called me at 08:15 this morning and asked me for my views on what had happened to Stevie Frail - interestingly, never printed them!

I did say that I would be speaking to some of my trusted fellow SOH activists over the weekend just to see what was the mood amongst them. She asked me how long I thought the fans would put up with all of the current nonsense before some kind of pressure group was formed..."Weeks, months, or a year?"

Iain, I hope that your fellow activists decide that enough is enough and that it is now time for action. I think most people have been reluctant until now to instigate any positive moves to show the current regime that we will not tolerate what is going on (or not going on) at our once proud club. My view, for what its worth is that VR has started the process of asset stripping in order to get as much back as he can before he finally begins the process of getting rid of Hearts from his portfolio.

Iain, you know the man better than most and I trust your judgement to do what needs to be done.

Great OP, spot on, ignore the idiots and their abuse, they ain't welcome on here or at Tynie if thats their approach IMO

i.e. AGREE WITH BIGHALDERS OR FECK OFF!

;)

Seymour M Hersh

Not in the least surprised to hear this.

Well done IainMac. Heard you on Radio Scotland today and I thought you said exactly what was needed to be said at this stage.

Good luck with your meetings over the weekend and I hope some concensus can be achieved about the way forward.

Archived