***Official Hearts v Partick Thistle Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Haringshairband
Just now, sadj said:

The kickback massive were there then

There was a guy standing on the concourse literally foaming at the mouth, shouting abuse at Levein in injury time. We were holding on a bit granted but there's no need for that lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Beast Boy

• Francis Albert

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

There was a guy standing on the concourse literally foaming at the mouth, shouting abuse at Levein in injury time. We were holding on a bit granted but there's no need for that lol

The reports of a fair few people on here and at the game that dont post on here was we played some good football but took til Thistle scored. We need to kill teams off again though.

Pasquale for King

Horrible evening, good win, tried to play football, Partick played well, Wighton showed something at last, Clare did well but missed a sitter, Ben&Jake need to practice crossing, Uche good again,Madden is awful. Warmed up now, bring on ICT.

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, sadj said:

The reports of a fair few people on here and at the game that dont post on here was we played some good football but took til Thistle scored. We need to kill teams off again though.

We did play some good football. Uche's lay offs will start paying off when we gain more confidence. That won't happen if the fans keep booing misplaced passes though. I don't understand why we have everyone in the box defending corners though. We need an outball imo

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pretty much, final ball was poor as was dead balls for the first time in a while. Need more bodies in the box to get on the end of the crosses. 

5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

We did play some good football. Uche's lay offs will start paying off when we gain more confidence. That won't happen if the fans keep booing misplaced passes though. I don't understand why we have everyone in the box defending corners though. We need an outball imo

Good to hear , square pegs round holes til the summer I think but Uche djoum haring clare souttar and berra if the 2018 one turns up is solid zlamal improving. Hopefully we can push on

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much, final ball was poor as was dead balls for the first time in a while. Need more bodies in the box to get on the end of the crosses. 

Jesus mate thats almost positive. Loving it

Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

Good to hear , square pegs round holes til the summer I think but Uche djoum haring clare souttar and berra if the 2018 one turns up is solid zlamal improving. Hopefully we can push on

Jesus mate thats almost positive. Loving it

Usually positive after a win, bit Bi-Polar where we are concerned, I thought it was a pre-requisite of being a Jambo ??‍♂️??

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Usually positive after a win, bit Bi-Polar where we are concerned, I thought it was a pre-requisite of being a Jambo ??‍♂️??

No being a twat when we lose and apoplectic when we win or you arent a real supporter is the rules isnt it?

Being a jambo is never doing it easy apart from the semi 2006 and final 2012 ? having no fingernails left and backkng the team wherever you are whatever your doing and however we are doing ??

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

No being a twat when we lose and apoplectic when we win or you arent a real supporter is the rules isnt it?

Being a jambo is never doing it easy apart from the semi 2006 and final 2012 ? having no fingernails left and backkng the team wherever you are whatever your doing and however we are doing ??

Indeed ?.

Couldn’t get to the fingernails for my soaking wet gloves tonight.

Never having it easy makes the success all the sweeter.Hamdump here we come ??.

3 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

I was in section c tonight, some of our fans are torn faced buggers. Get behind your team ffs

Agreed. Partick fans were singing 'this is a library' and I had to agree for the first while. Fair enough we were playing shite but it doesn't help if folk are just sitting there moaning and not getting behind the team. Crowd was better second half though. ****ing buzzing to get to Hampden though and thought we played really well at points! HHGH

Edited by Piper1874

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Morelos is absolute filth. Shocking diving about 

And we are supposed to imagine that he is a £20M striker coveted throughout Europe? ???

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Pretty much my take on it. We really didn't look up for it in awful conditions until they scored. We then started playing and, other than the usual everyone back for corners I always felt we were trying to score the third and kill the tie. We've played much worse this season. All about getting through and we did. Less huge punts. Some very good runs from Mulraney and Clare and strong in defence after that poor goal.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Pretty much my take on it. We really didn't look up for it in awful conditions until they scored. We then started playing and, other than the usual everyone back for corners I always felt we were trying to score the third and kill the tie. We've played much worse this season. All about getting through and we did. Less huge punts. Some very good runs from Mulraney and Clare and strong in defence after that poor goal.

Mulraney did a wee turn in front of us in section E,brilliant. Couple of other wee flicks and won the penalty. Final ball inconsistent but did really well I thought. Looks up before crossing unlike Morrison who still seems to take the wrong option more often than not.

Typical cup tie in very difficult conditions and a wins a win. But if we play like that against a  decent team on a big pitch we will get murdered. Uche still hasn't grasped the games about passing. Wighton linked well and Mulraney and Clare are starting to look much better. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

I was in section c tonight, some of our fans are torn faced buggers. Get behind your team ffs

Kickback massive must meet up now to foam and slaver together. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Horrible evening, good win, tried to play football, Partick played well, Wighton showed something at last, Clare did well but missed a sitter, Ben&Jake need to practice crossing, Uche good again,Madden is awful. Warmed up now, bring on ICT.

???

Clerry Jambo

I must admit this everyone back for corners does my nut in. It just allows more pressure as the ball is coming straight back. Not sure if this is the gaffers instructions or something our array of coaches have come up with but wish they would just abandon it. 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I must admit this everyone back for corners does my nut in. It just allows more pressure as the ball is coming straight back. Not sure if this is the gaffers instructions or something our array of coaches have come up with but wish they would just abandon it. 

21 players in the box in the dying minutes as their keeper went up front for a couple of corners. Levein must’ve been rubbing his boaby over the thought of so many players attacking and defending a corner. 

Maroon Sailor

Corners as well - we should have someone lying deep at the back post. The amount of times it goes over everyone's head and there is no Hearts player to get to the loose ball

I have vague memories of my dad moaning about this during Leveins first spell. Think it's the gaffers tactic

Why , oh why, when we have the chance to put a cross into the box do we over hit it, Mulrainey and Morrison were both guilty of that last night. You'd think that a professional footballer playing at home, would know how hard to kick the ball to get it into the goalmouth. Rant over, delighted to have won last night and move on to the semi final.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I have vague memories of my dad moaning about this during Leveins first spell. Think it's the gaffers tactic

Yeah, it was a common complaint during Levein's first spell.

Obviously the reasoning is clear but i see other teams leaving players up and it has the effect of taking opposition players out of the box and making it easier to defend a less-crowded box.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah, it was a common complaint during Levein's first spell.

Obviously the reasoning is clear but i see other teams leaving players up and it has the effect of taking opposition players out of the box and making it easier to defend a less-crowded box.

Thistle left two up when defending corners and our defenders appeared unsure about how to deal with it...

Levein has always pulled everyone back at corners. His reasoning is that the first priority is to prevent a goal from being conceded. I'm not sure how successful we are at that statistically speaking. I think the idea is to have three pacy players ready to break quickly from the edge of the box (last night it was Uche, Mulraney, and Wighton) . That part of the strategy certainly doesn't seem to be working.