Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Barack said:

Nope...I'm lost, sorry.

Ok, I shall explain as best I can in text

Team A would take the first kick

Team B then the second and third kicks

Team A 4

Hence the method was called ABBA for penalties, so there was less advantage going first.

Team A would then take the 5th kick, team B 6 & 7 until we got to 10 kicks and then repeated through sudden death. A bit like the tennis tie break

Berra than you

I was in the shop picking up tickets earlier and there was a good 8 people queuing for tickets, and when I got to the front there was about the same again behind me. Person behind the till said they had had a constant queue for the last 4 days, so hopefully the crowd should be better than expected 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I was in the shop picking up tickets earlier and there was a good 8 people queuing for tickets, and when I got to the front there was about the same again behind me. Person behind the till said they had had a constant queue for the last 4 days, so hopefully the crowd should be better than expected 

Looking at the seating plan, not a good uptake at all. Looks sub 10k, which if nothing else should serve as a wake up call, improvement is needed, people are getting frustrated, fed up, less tolerant

Berra than you
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Looking at the seating plan, not a good uptake at all. Looks sub 10k, which if nothing else should serve as a wake up call, improvement is needed, people are getting frustrated, fed up, less tolerant

Agree with you re improvement. Unsurprising uptake I suppose considering form, performances and the fact that we shouldn't really have to play this game in the first place 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

No burns, brandon, cochrane or shaughnessy as they are all starting for the reserve team against Celtic today. 

Depends if they play the full 90 minutes.

A wee run out in the reserves for 45 minutes or so shouldn't mean any of them won't be able to play tomorrow.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

A wee run out in the reserves for 45 minutes or so shouldn't mean any of them won't be able to play tomorrow.

Daylight savings has my brain all messed up- apparently I went forward one day. I thought it was Tuesday today ?‍♂️

But still highly doubt any of them to feature tbh.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Where was the ABBA thing trialled? Honestly didn't even notice. I've been in a coma seemingly!

:lol:

League cup last year and games down south last year too as well as Europa League.  It was gash and confusing. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Doubtfull.  We don’t play players in reserves the day before a match.  

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Is the game on TV?

Partick Thistle and Hearts (if abroad)

Edited by Inch Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Where was the ABBA thing trialled? Honestly didn't even notice. I've been in a coma seemingly!

Cara Boo Cup or whatever it's called. Trying to recall any other events . Maybe Betfred?

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Is the game on TV?

Sportscene at 11pm. Avoid the score 1970s style 

15 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Let's take the game to them and finish it this time. Us to win by two clear goals, I hope. Same team as Saturday?

I'm in on this. 

5 hours ago, Barack said:

waterloo cup

:whistling:

It will be an absolute sickener if we lose tomorrow night..........could be a watershed match.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We'll win this. 1-0 or 2-0

In a cup tie that is enough DTD, it doesn't even have to look particularly pretty, it is all about being in the next tie. Partick Thistle will have nothing at all to lose tomorrow night. Like you I think it could end up close, from our most recent outings it could all come down to a 1-0 win. Like to see us do it with a bit more style but will sacrifice the style for a day out at Hampden. I've not been tracking ticket sales, I bought mine from the TO last Thursday, and there seemed to be a fair few who were there to actually renew ST's. It was when I was at work today that a colleague said to me he had heard that sales had been relatively poor. Possibly understandable, but HMFC are playing tomorrow night and there is no other place to be, irrespective of the weather.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Cory McNamara

I will go for 1:0 or 2:1 win in overtime. It seems now we can score only in rugby style, so don't expect fancy fitbaw. Head coach can't score goals, hope some players will improve.

17 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Early goal needed and a comfortable 3-0 win.  Keena hat trick.

Zlamal

Brandon

Berra

Souttar

Garrucio

Morrison

Djoum

Cochrane

Burns

Uche

Keena

Id bring in some freshness for this one and give Burns and Cochrane a run in midfield and Keena up front.  They will bring energy.

No need for Haring for this one, he could use the rest as he's not been the same since his return.  I'd also rest Clare.  Could also be a chance to bring Aaron Hickey off the bench if we are 2-3 goals ahead and comfortable.

Would love to see that approach just think the game is too big to loose and if the worst happens there would be pelters. 

Need to get them involved more in heneral though. I like the look of bobby and Cochrane definitely deserves more game time. 

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Do we have to put up with Bobby Madden again?

Don’t trally think makes a difference these days with the standard we have up here. 

I disagree that the weather is a leveller. It can be if you allow it to be but having better footballers should be an even bigger telling factor in the forecast conditions. My favourite Hearts performance of the Championship season was away at Dumbarton in a hoolie. We completely controlled the game from start to finish in the most professional manner by keeping the ball on the deck. We led 1-0 into the wind and just destroyed them 2nd half. It was Zeefuik’s debut.

However, with this lot being gutless (with one or two exceptions) and the way Levein blames everything/everyone but himself, the wind and rain is a ready made excuse. Make no mistake, tonight is now a huge banana skin and I’m still raging that I need a night off work because the players and management of Heart of Midlothian allowed last week to slip. 

They owe us big time in this cup so I’ll settle for a scrappy 1-0 in the next two cup ties and an historic victory over Aberdeen on May 25th. Thank you!

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I disagree that the weather is a leveller. It can be if you allow it to be but having better footballers should be an even bigger telling factor in the forecast conditions. My favourite Hearts performance of the Championship season was away at Dumbarton in a hoolie. We completely controlled the game from start to finish in the most professional manner by keeping the ball on the deck. We led 1-0 into the wind and just destroyed them 2nd half. It was Zeefuik’s debut.

However, with this lot being gutless (with one or two exceptions) and the way Levein blames everything/everyone but himself, the wind and rain is a ready made excuse. Make no mistake, tonight is now a huge banana skin and I’m still raging that I need a night off work because the players and management of Heart of Midlothian allowed last week to slip. 

They owe us big time in this cup so I’ll settle for a scrappy 1-0 in the next two cup ties and an historic victory over Aberdeen on May 25th. Thank you!

Aye dumbarton crying for it to be abandoned after getting beat with the wind behind them 1st half.

The relatively low fence didnt help.

Somehow we will pull out a good show tonight. 

Hearts win by 2 or 3 goals.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye dumbarton crying for it to be abandoned after getting beat with the wind behind them 1st half.

The relatively low fence didnt help.

Somehow we will pull out a good show tonight. 

Hearts win by 2 or 3 goals.

I remember Danny Wilson leading the team out and chipping the ball towards our goal and it landing about 20 yards behind him!

Captain Canada

2-1 to us.

Bobby

Godinho Souttar Berra Garuccio

Haring Djoum Lee

Clare 

Vanecek Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Morrison, Mulraney, Wighton, Bozanic and Hickey

Edited by Captain Canada

Any scoreline that results in us going through. No ****s to give about the actual digits involved. Come on Hearts.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

There must be a chance of this game being postponed considering the weather is predicting winds between 50-60mph during the time of the game? 

Sexton Hardcastle
20 hours ago, Morgan said:

4-0 Hearts.

Craig to give Vanecek a last chance and being repaid by a double brace from the big guy.

:Aye:

3-1 Hearts.

A last chance? He’s barely had one chance. Unreal.

letsalldothebeattie

I’m a bit wary of this game. We haven’t been at our best against smaller clubs at home. Thistle will come and sit and frustrate like Livi, Dundee & St Mirren before them where we’ve dropped points. To me this games going one of two ways we win and win comfortably or this is going to be a long struggle with Thistle coming out on top. 

Im not confident enough to make a prediction for this one but I just hope we get to see Big Dave up top performing well

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

you know if  you just repeat lies they don’t become true?

During our run of massive injuries and bad form Levein said it was down to him to find a way to play and win that wasn’t how we had set up for the season.

He then basically admitted he had failed in that regard.

Next.

I think tonight is when we get our first return from Vanecek.

2 goals from him and a 4-1 win.

Uche with 1 and the start of our front two gelling.

20 hours ago, Barack said:

A few years ago I mind Bjorn involved.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Changed my prediction.

Hearts A Partick Thistle A

Good shout, I have a feeling this could be called off this afternoon.

Hope not and hope we romp all over them.

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

you know if  you just repeat lies they don’t become true?

During our run of massive injuries and bad form Levein said it was down to him to find a way to play and win that wasn’t how we had set up for the season.

He then basically admitted he had failed in that regard.

Next.

Can only recall him taking the blame for Parkhead. Links to other interviews in which he blames himself are most welcome. Can recall numerous times the referee has, rightly at times, been the fall guy for us being shit.

letsalldothebeattie
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Changed my prediction.

Hearts A Partick Thistle A

Could be a good shout 

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

There must be a chance of this game being postponed considering the weather is predicting winds between 50-60mph during the time of the game? 

Thats gusts. It'll be fine.