Jump to content
jamtartan74

Lets stop this mindless behaviour

Recommended Posts

Nookie Bear
49 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Hibs and rangers fans. 

 

The way things are playing out atm I would suggest that if it had just been hibs fans there would have been a punishment, but  as rangers fans also entered the pitch, then sang Billy boys- fenian blood version and were on the pitch with the hibs fans the SFA just went sweep, sweep, cba with this. 

 

That is the cynic in me. 

 

Rangers fans would not have gone anywhere near the pitch had hibs not been on the pitch, at their end of the ground, goading them. Hearts fans would have reacted the same way to it.

 

But you're right in that the punishment for both clubs was watered down because it was rangers, and also because Petrie is somehow a respected figure behind closed doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Ofc the top of my head. 

 

In terms of running onto the pitch, flares etc A fan of another team or even a fan of that team paid to disrupt the game in order to get points deducted would be an argument against it. 

 

Ie. Hibs fan In Hearts end, throws a few flares then leaves. 

 

In terms of sectererian singing, then yes, maybe. 

 

I agree on strict liability in principal, but there is no appetite for it. 

 

 

Hearts require anyone who wants to buy a ticket for a Category A game at Tynecastle to have a purchase history. Should strict liability come in, perhaps the club would change that to requiring a set number of Loyalty Points. 

 

I highly doubt any Hibs fan could just get their hands on a ticket for the Hearts end at Tynecastle on a whim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
38 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

Hearts require anyone who wants to buy a ticket for a Category A game at Tynecastle to have a purchase history. Should strict liability come in, perhaps the club would change that to requiring a set number of Loyalty Points. 

 

I highly doubt any Hibs fan could just get their hands on a ticket for the Hearts end at Tynecastle on a whim. 

 

 

A Hearts fan could buy it then sell it. 

 

Look at segios or green gingers obsession as well, not beyond a certain type to build up lp to do this. 

 

Outwith Edinburgh-

Ranger/ celtic 

Aberdeen / rangers. 

 

There are some deranged folk/ groups, especially if it meant points being deducted. 

 

It's not quite as  bullet proof as maybe it should be if strict liability came about. 

 

I'm in favour of strict liability, but when there's is such obvious holes in it, I can see why, especially from a legal point of view clubs are wary. 

 

Also, if an individual did cost Hearts a cup tie or a league place by say, running on the pitch and punching a manager, he'd need protection for life. 

 

I'm in favour of something, but strict liability has concerns that need addressed. 

 

 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Rangers fans would not have gone anywhere near the pitch had hibs not been on the pitch, at their end of the ground, goading them. Hearts fans would have reacted the same way to it.

 

But you're right in that the punishment for both clubs was watered down because it was rangers, and also because Petrie is somehow a respected figure behind closed doors.

 

Can't agree there. 

 

Nah, in a beaten final the beaten fans usually leave, and the winning team gets on with it. 

 

Seen pitch invasions several times in England with the play offs recently , the beaten teams fans ****s off. 

 

Motherwell v Rangers as well, Motherwell fans ran on the pitch to celebrate, rangers fans decided to stay and fight. 

 

Hibs fans are arseholes, rangers fans just as much for not leaving them imo. 

 

Not arguing about who has the biggest arsehole fans, rangers or hibs. Rangers and celtic are so far out in front imo it's not even a debate. 

 

My point was regrading action, imo if it had only been hibs there would have been some SFA action, because rangers were involved and had it been brought further then the clear sectererian issue would have needed addressed so rather than deal with hibs, they just thought, **** it, not worth the hassle. Move on. 

 

I think joining the dots, although you mention Petrie,  I think the SFA are avoiding dealing with Celtic / rangers at all costs. At the time I might have agreed, but recent events suggest a real issue with the SFA and all football commentaries avoiding the celtic / rangers issue. 

 

Hearts, hibs, Aberdeen come down hard on. Big media coverage. 

 

The OF, no problem there? 

 

 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
25 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also, if an individual did cost Hearts a cup tie or a league place by say, running on the pitch and punching a manager, he'd need protection for life.

 

So the system would cause individuals to think twice about doing something so stupid because they’d suffer for it?

 

Sounds good to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

So the system would cause individuals to think twice about doing something so stupid because they’d suffer for it?

 

Sounds good to me. 

 

 

As should a fine/ jail and a criminal record. 

 

I'm for strict liability, but maybe it's a little more complicated than most folk think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Boab said:

 The sheep do like a wind up, i’ll give them that !

 

spoke to hun workmate, it was OB not FB.

Which disappointed me a bit.

 

I thought calling Gerrard an FB at Ibrox was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilbert’s Fridge

The bloody irony is amazing - of all the 'victims of sectarian abuse' it has to be one of the OF who have been spouting their bigoted bile for nearly a whole century and the authorities have done feck all about them !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deek

Ironic that police investigate sectairian abuse against Gerard,  I assume Sheep singing something about his English heritage.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

 

Meantime they have ignored decades of sectarian abuse by the bigot brothers.

 

Unbelivable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
5 minutes ago, Deek said:

Ironic that police investigate sectairian abuse against Gerard,  I assume Sheep singing something about his English heritage.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

 

Meantime they have ignored decades of sectarian abuse by the bigot brothers.

 

Unbelivable.

 

Irony just isn't a big enough word for what's going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
2 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

The bloody irony is amazing - of all the 'victims of sectarian abuse' it has to be one of the OF who have been spouting their bigoted bile for nearly a whole century and the authorities have done feck all about them !!!!

My wife was on the phone to her mate when this story came on the BBC Scotland news. She ended her call when she heard me telling the tele to feck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, Deek said:

Ironic that police investigate sectairian abuse against Gerard,  I assume Sheep singing something about his English heritage.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

 

Meantime they have ignored decades of sectarian abuse by the bigot brothers.

 

Unbelivable.

 

Hunbelivable even. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambosdad
On 09/03/2019 at 10:26, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I may be wrong here but did he not actually come down the steps from higher up in the stand and actually pass a steward on his way down the last few steps before jumping the barrier onto the trackside. The last time I saw someone doing similar was the incident at Tynecastle where it appeared a HMFC fan wanted to get down the front and have a word with someone on the park, but drink took over and he ended up doing a henner over the barrier, which in itself deserved 10/10 for technical merit marks.

I was amazed how far this guy came to get on pitchside.

i was watching on BT and their halftime coverage showed this.

my doubts are would the same coverage have been available if  game at Ibrox.

This is the main issue in my opinion, tv not being honest when OF home game or involved  when away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilbert’s Fridge
1 hour ago, superjack said:

My wife was on the phone to her mate when this story came on the BBC Scotland news. She ended her call when she heard me telling the tele to feck off.

😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heres Rixxy

 

Crazy to think now what is considered a big issue. Compare to the start of this video...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
52 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

 

Crazy to think now what is considered a big issue. Compare to the start of this video...

Brilliant, watched all of that there, 1st time seeing it in years 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neonjambo

As far as I can tell these issues are increasing due to the lack of (active) policing at games, I am not a fan of points reductions as I do not believe it would be fairly implemented.

 

However, If clubs started to lose points their own fans would police the unruly - prison sentences are justified but not a deterrent to the idiots as when they are drunk they think they can get away with it due to the large crowd.

Self policing is the only thing that may deter them in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heres Rixxy
9 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Brilliant, watched all of that there, 1st time seeing it in years 😁

 

Absolute scenes.

 

Proper highlights package back then as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
13 hours ago, Deek said:

Ironic that police investigate sectairian abuse against Gerard,  I assume Sheep singing something about his English heritage.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47576091

 

Meantime they have ignored decades of sectarian abuse by the bigot brothers.

 

Unbelivable.

Like a good laugh Police Scotland.

 

You really couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

 

Sevco are only 6 years old remember, so not a century.

Edited by DETTY29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
10 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

 

Crazy to think now what is considered a big issue. Compare to the start of this video...

Interesting to see that the police back then had no hesitation in wading in and arresting the  people that needed lifted. A bit different these days where they stand back and watch like disinterested spectators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
13 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

Hunbelivable even. 

 

hun is not sectarian,

and orange is a colour

your wife being banged by a gangster has nothing to do with middle eastern cults

 

I suspect they are safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

hun is not sectarian,

and orange is a colour

your wife being banged by a gangster has nothing to do with middle eastern cults

 

I suspect they are safe

 

 

You're more educated than that. (or I hope so😉

 

Words are only about 30% of communication. 

 

Tone, volume,  hand movement, body language etc and in footballs case context make up about 70% of communication. 

 

Anyway, I was posting a joke on word play. Cba with the none football stuff on here unless it's about us, directly. 

 

Always goes the same way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
23 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

spoke to hun workmate, it was OB not FB.

Which disappointed me a bit.

 

I thought calling Gerrard an FB at Ibrox was pretty good.

 

Someone should be asking Police Scotland why there was no investigation into the Celtic fans singing this exact same song at Murrayfield about Levein (and I believe at Parkhead again).  Or the Rangers fans singing this stuff every single week.

 

Looks like Police Scotland are just going after the easy target (only 900 Aberdeen fans at Ibrox I think) rather than the tens of thousands of OF fans guilty of this exact same behaviour every week.  

 

If this is the start of them taking this seriously and going after the OF too then great but we all know this wont be the case.  Maybe we need to be good citizens and start making sure they can’t sweep this under the carpet.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Interesting to see that the police back then had no hesitation in wading in and arresting the  people that needed lifted. A bit different these days where they stand back and watch like disinterested spectators.

I’ve been told by a poster on here in no uncertain terms that the poor wee souls think its to dangerous to go charging in these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deevers
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve been told by a poster on here in no uncertain terms that the poor wee souls think its to dangerous to go charging in these days

Different times I suppose, and different folk wearing the uniform..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×