What does Djoum give us?

Tales1874

7 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Ha!!!! Didnt think you would/could offer anything to defend him and just resorted to being a knuckle dragger by shouting and bawling....you seem a very intelligent, objective, informative and educated kinda guy ?

Jesus wept.

He's consistently been our best midfielder since October. Didn't have a a great game today but still offered more than Bozanic and Haring.

Portable Badger
55 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Poor tonight. Not a wide left player. He should be playing in the centre, supporting the main striker. 

I hear that and Agree with you in the main.  My main gripe with him is that he cannot shoot for feckin toffee.   I've never seen any midfielder so shite at trying to shoot !!  He can get in great positions but takes too many touches, shanks it or shoots side-footing it straight into the keepers arms!!

OmiyaHearts

He gives us more than any other central midfielder in the squad, when he’s played in his correct positions.

OmiyaHearts

Mental that an out of position djoum, who wasn’t that bad, could get picked out of that game. Failure to win that match tonight lies with one man.

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

He’s being played out of position imo

Put him as a number 10 and you’ll see the best of him but try telling that to Levein.

This

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He's consistently been our best midfielder since October. Didn't have a a great game today but still offered more than Bozanic and Haring.

Correct

9 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I hear that and Agree with you in the main.  My main gripe with him is that he cannot shoot for feckin toffee.   I've never seen any midfielder so shite at trying to shoot !!  He can get in great positions but takes too many touches, shanks it or shoots side-footing it straight into the keepers arms!!

His shooting has been quite poor recently. Which is strange, as he was a massive goal threat for in the first couple of years. He still gets in good positions, but is not being utilised in a role that gives him the chance to do that as much as we need him (or anyone!) to do. 

Portable Badger
2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

His shooting has been quite poor recently. Which is strange, as he was a massive goal threat for in the first couple of years. He still gets in good positions, but is not being utilised in a role that gives him the chance to do that as much as we need him (or anyone!) to do. 

Totally agree

Never a wide player so difficult to be too hard on him when he’s being played so far out of position. It’s no wonder he’s inconsistent. He gets moved around so much because the squad’s so hopelessly imbalanced. 

1 minute ago, Bellion said:

Never a wide player so difficult to be too hard on him when he’s being played so far out of position. It’s no wonder he’s inconsistent. He gets moved around so much because the squad’s so hopelessly imbalanced. 

Yup. Our best midfielder, yet the first one to be shunted around. Best attacking midfielder, yet sees folk like Clare or Lee often being deployed instead of him in roles behind the striker.

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Yup. Our best midfielder, yet the first one to be shunted around. Best attacking midfielder, yet sees folk like Clare or Lee often being deployed instead of him in roles behind the striker.

The annoying thing is that he gets shunted about because he’s our best technical midfielder. Put Djoum out wide and he’ll give you a 5-6/10 most of the time. I think the same is true of Clare to a lesser extent. **** knows what the likes of Lee would do out wide. 

Imagine if we’d actually signed a half-established wide player in either of the last two windows.

Edited by Bellion

Of all the players deserving to be highlighted for criticism I’m really surprised to see that Djoum has been singled out...again. Shock horror.

What about focusing on the players that actually contributed zilch despite being played in their best positions, or how about commenting on the manager and his pathetic 2nd half tactics.

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Of all the players deserving to be highlighted for criticism I’m really surprised to see that Djoum has been singled out...again. Shock horror.

What about focusing on the players that actually contributed zilch despite being played in their best positions, or how about commenting on the manager and his pathetic 2nd half tactics.

I am a Djoum fan but tonight he looked as if he was playing with lead in his boots.

Certainly he was far from the worst, Bozanic was abysmal, but it was a poor display from him.

:D Best player?

He's far from our worst but to call him our best is laughable. He doesn't control games or pop up to add something special. I can't fathom why anyone could call him our best player? I'd actually say he's one of the most frustrating players we've had in modern times. He has all the talent in the world but goes missing when we need him most time and time again. 

He doesn't make killer tackles

He doesn't make killer passes

He doesn't score killer goals

To call him our best player in a squad that has Berra, Naismith, Souttar, Haring and Uche in it is just weird. He's incredibly ordinary. 

I actually don't think he had the worst game but, again we needed him to pop up with something to set up a goal and yet again nothing! 

1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Clearly not a winger but he has been out best player for a month or so 

In what games?!

12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I am a Djoum fan but tonight he looked as if he was playing with lead in his boots.

Certainly he was far from the worst, Bozanic was abysmal, but it was a poor display from him.

I didn’t think he was great tonight, but 1st half he was good, despite being played out of position yet again. I’m no fan of Bozanic but thought he was excellent 1st half. Atrocious 2nd half though.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are folk actually being ****ing serious? He’s our best player.

Oh dear. Is this really where we are now? Are we this bad? I think you might be right though, he might just be our best player. 

Man this is too depressing for words. 

1874Gorgie1874
18 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

In what games?!

If you can’t see it for yourself maybe find a new sport

1 minute ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

If you can’t see it for yourself maybe find a new sport

If you can’t back up your statement with a valid answer don’t bother replying. People only like Djoum cos he’s currently our longest serving player, what has he done in the past 2 years that’s memorable? He’s not worth the wages anymore.

Our best midfield player. Play him in the middle of the park with Haring and we would be a better team.

we have no good wide players so stop putting central players out there, clearly doesn’t work.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

Passenger in a team of passengers. Pish poor. 

His shooting is weaker than a tramps farts & there'll be less balls over the bars at Murrayfield on Saturday than when he takes a pot at goal. 

League 1 in England beckons.

Sunday 17 February 2019
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Joel Sked provides analysis as Hearts slumped to defeat late on at Fir Park.

Djoum the destroyer

Peter Haring has developed into an influential presence for Hearts in the midfield with a range of qualities. One of the most notable is his ability to win the ball back for his team. Since he has been out injured that role has been taken on by Arnaud Djoum who has added a real grit and doggedness to his midfield play. On a number of occasions against Motherwell the Cameroonian broke up play, stealthily sliding across to intercept. Fans have questioned the midfielder's desire and commitment but for months his performances have been on the tenacious side. getting stuck in, trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck. The prospect of a Haring-Djoum axis should excite Hearts fans and worry opposition midfield partnerships.

His biggest problem is that he is a footballer. Not much he can do when the average altitude of a football in our games is about 50 feet. 

7 hours ago, OTT said:

:D Best player?

He's far from our worst but to call him our best is laughable. He doesn't control games or pop up to add something special. I can't fathom why anyone could call him our best player? I'd actually say he's one of the most frustrating players we've had in modern times. He has all the talent in the world but goes missing when we need him most time and time again. 

He doesn't make killer tackles

He doesn't make killer passes

He doesn't score killer goals

To call him our best player in a squad that has Berra, Naismith, Souttar, Haring and Uche in it is just weird. He's incredibly ordinary. 

I actually don't think he had the worst game but, again we needed him to pop up with something to set up a goal and yet again nothing! 

Post of the thread IMO. 

If you wear a Hearts top it makes you a great player right? Is this how it works?

Can someone explain what it is they see in him? “One of the bes players this season”, most consistent”, “gives us more than any other midfielder”???

I’m hoping hes away in the summer!

Bazzas right boot

People not aware that he was left side tonight. 

He's a centre mid. 

He's right footed. 

One thing that has annoyed me under acl is the use of Djoum out wide, an utter waste of a Jersey there. 

Djoum is a shite winger. 

In other news Messi is a shite centre half. 

Djoum must be central. 

Also, unsure why he us being singled out, again. 

McLean, Clare, Haring were all poor last night. Only Uche going forward was a threat. Bozanic as well, neat and tidy but not effective. 

He cant pass, no pace, doesn't create, weak in tackle, poor at shooting.

Playing in in middle of park doesn't change any of that.

Find it hard to understand why a player that cant pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate (or being slow and weak in tackle etc) is due to being out of position.

Being out of position is not an excuse for misplacing basic passes. 

7 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

His shooting is weaker than a tramps farts & there'll be less balls over the bars at Murrayfield on Saturday than when he takes a pot at goal. 

League 1 in England beckons.

This frustrates me.  He gets set up for a free hit at least twice every game just outside the box.  Every ****ing time it goes straight over the bar.

WTF do they practice in training?  Getting the ball under the bar from that range isn't a difficult skill, and most of the time he isn't under pressure.

1874Gorgie1874
9 hours ago, ZanderMIM said:

If you can’t back up your statement with a valid answer don’t bother replying. People only like Djoum cos he’s currently our longest serving player, what has he done in the past 2 years that’s memorable? He’s not worth the wages anymore.

Almost every game since the winter break he has been playing centre midfield and has been playing brilliantly. As usual though too many just like to criticise him. He’s also had 2 bad injuries in the past 2 years and hasn’t been fully fit. 

52 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

He cant pass, no pace, doesn't create, weak in tackle, poor at shooting.

Playing in in middle of park doesn't change any of that.

Find it hard to understand why a player that cant pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate (or being slow and weak in tackle etc) is due to being out of position.

Being out of position is not an excuse for misplacing basic passes. 

He created our best chance last night

The Old Tolbooth

I've never really bought into the Djoum love affair, I always thought he flattered to deceive at the best of times and when he gets a sight of goal, he shits his shorts, however the last 2 months or so he's started coming onto a game and looked a lot more positive in his approach, he's been one of the few shining lights recently, and last night wasn't his fault by any means, you can point to Levein for that one, I mean, what manager in their right mind takes their most creative midfielder that he has on his books and plays (wastes) him out on the flipping wing? 

Last night would have been ideal for Cochrane to come in and play alongside Djoum, that for me would have won the match, play Mulraney out wide, and for gods sake play Berra in the centre of defence instead of to either side of it, the blame for last night lies solely at the feet of one man, and one man only. 

Silvery_Moon
12 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

He gives us drive and composure when he's played in the right position. It's ****ing brutal watching Djoum getting punted wide to play utter shit like Bozanic in the middle of midfield.

Agreed