***Official Partick Thistle v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Fair enough. Perhaps with the other 9 outfield players they just enjoy watching Uche. 

For the first real time this season I wouldn't mind a change of gaffer. 

Passive tonight. Weak willed unprofessional out for a jog.

Lacking leaders 

I’ve always backed levein but I’m done with him,  not just for tonight but for a lot of the performances this season and the way he sets up 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• kimosavi

• iantjambo

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is your middle name mediocre?

Losing and getting rid of the halfwits responsible for this would have been a great result.

Shame you can't see it.

Nah, you never want your team to lose 

image.png.44f904e937a605d0f98227b4a0b2746f.png

Phil Dunphy
3 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Dunno about that. Was having a decent enough season until Uche's injury and he had to play the lone striker role, hopefully he'll be able to get that back now the big fella has returned, think this is their first start together since? 

In any case if he's pish tonight, I will immediately revert on this, admit you were 100% correct and say Keena shouldve started 

I think that spoke for itself tbh. 

Francis Albert
Just now, Heres Rixxy said:

When is the draw actually happening?

Shouldn't really care after that performance but why does the game start at that ridiculous time and then the draw doesn't take place at the end of the game but who knows when. End of this amateurish news programme that seems pretty thin on actual news. Oh here it comes. Hope that they don't **** this up.

13 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Buzzing for this! 

Plus if Hearts win it’ll complete my 12 team weekend accumulator and win me £168 squids. So they’d better feckin win! 

I'm not one for finger pointing...But!!!

:D

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You sure about that?

Yes. They are utter shite. Even though they scored on one of their paucity of chances, they shouldn't be on the same pitch as us.

Classic Levein , 1-0 up

In total control . Sit back invite pressure and get poked in the eye . Only surprise is they didn't nick a winner. 

Dont think I can take another year of watch Hearts under Levein. Partick were dreadful and should have been desoatched with ease tbh 

N Lincs Jambo

ICT in the semi. Should be a bye to the final but on tonight’s performance not convinced we’ll make the semi

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I think that spoke for itself tbh. 

Yup 100%. Happy to admit when I'm wrong 

13 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Pathetic.   For all their possession they achieved nothing.   To many players contributed nothing and I am getting frustrated with Berra constantly lobbing the ball to nowhere in particular.

This bottom of the Championship stuff.   

It’s doesnt take a genius manger to put our defence under pressure, leave Berra alone pressure the other players and the ball always ends up on his left peg being blootered up the park . It’s happened since he came back in the team , doesn’t matter if we have a back 3 or 4 . The pressure i speak of is the forwards lurking yards off Souttar etc who then pass the buck / ball to Berra

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, kimosavi said:

ICT in semi 

No confident in any side under Levein

No excuses if we can't get past these two to reach a final. 

It should have been ten
16 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Stuck up for Levein since he took the job but really starting to lose it now. If we don’t beat Partick next week he needs to go, if we do, he needs to go at the end of the season. 

Even if we were to win the cup ?

The Club had very modest objectives this season.  Top four in the league and 'decent' runs in the cup (whatever that loosey-goosey language means).

We can still attain those objectives.  If we do, CL will still be here next season. I think he'll still be here even if we don't. 

Fozzyonthefence

Well ICT have a great chance of reaching another final!

However, get our act together and we should have a cup final to look forward to / dread (delete as appropriate).  One of the easiest routes to the final ever, but we will be cannon fodder if Celtic get through, even if it’s Sevco.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well ICT have a great chance of reaching another final!

However, get our act together and we should have a cup final to look forward to / dread (delete as appropriate).  One of the easiest routes to the final ever, but we will be cannon fodder if Celtic get through, even if it’s Sevco.

Every chance against Bitter at Hampden. He spontaneously combusts there.

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is your middle name mediocre?

Losing and getting rid of the halfwits responsible for this would have been a great result.

Shame you can't see it.

Shame your thousands of miles away. Will you make it over for the final? 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Hook said:

The 5 year retirement plan.

Agreed.  Makes me wonder if it was planned.. However Im a conspiracy theorist LOL

22 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

? shows how clueless you are levein is ****ing shocking look at the style of play I’ll follow hearts until I die but refuse to go back until Levein the dinosaur is gone.  

Clueless about what? I didn't defend levein or say he was Guardiola now did I?

I simply said get behind the team FFS. 

A fairweather Hearts supporter until you die. Personally I'll be back next week and the week after. Why? To get right  behind my F****** team.

Now do one. You won't be missed.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

We are winning this cup 

What a ****ing draw. 

Best result of the night. 

1-1, **** it. Beat them in a replay, ICT in the semi final. 

cardboardcutout
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Shame your thousands of miles away. Will you make it over for the final? 

Tell you what he can stay at mine and i’ll stay at his! ?

Edited by cardboardcutout

CloustonHMFC
6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Even if we were to win the cup ?

I dunno. Reckon it would depend on how the league campaign ended too. Our performances have absolutely dire since October. I want him to succeed so badly but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Tell you what he can stay at mine and i’ll stay at his! ?

:lol: same 

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

Shite as we are, I can see us winning this cup.

You think we'll beat PT and ICT and one of the Uglies?  Seriously?

It should have been ten
Just now, clouston1992 said:

I dunno. Reckon it would depend on how the league campaign ended too. Our performances have absolutely dire since October. I want him to succeed so badly but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

Yeah I get that mate. Would love him to succeed, fingers crossed ??  

16 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Fact is that shelling the ball upfield and head tennis is NOT football. The tactics were predictable and pish. Our shooting is primary school level. I won't be at the replay

You’ve got a point.

I will be at the replay though, even though tonight’s trip to Firhill was so frustrating.

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, Homme said:

McLean although contributed well at the start of the season is still living off that purple patch. 

He is worse than a man down. 

That said the full team was abysmal second half. 

We are so boring. 

Wasnt playing in perth for good reason.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You think we'll beat PT and ICT and one of the Uglies?  Seriously?

We will definitely beat the first two. The final will be what it will be but I'd rather have the chance in a one-off game.

Even Kenny fecking Shiels managed to fluke a trophy against Septic!

If we get past this set of Jags then it will be tough against Caley Jags. Robbo's got them playing some nice stuff. Watched the game on Sunday and quite enjoyed it, an unusual occorance for me recently.:(

Some of my negative comments have been over the top but why can we never string two decent performances together and why cant we score goals?

Answers on the back of a postcard to Absolutely Pissed Off, lower Hutt, NZ.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Some of my negative comments have been over the top but why can we never string two decent performances together and why cant we score goals?

Answers on the back of a postcard to Absolutely Pissed Off, lower Hutt, NZ.

You don't need to string two decent performances together to win the cup. 

That's the beauty of it. 

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Shouldn't really care after that performance but why does the game start at that ridiculous time and then the draw doesn't take place at the end of the game but who knows when. End of this amateurish news programme that seems pretty thin on actual news. Oh here it comes. Hope that they don't **** this up.

non sense

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ve always backed levein but I’m done with him,  not just for tonight but for a lot of the performances this season and the way he sets up 

The whole thing lacking in energy. Final third in open play has deteriorated with every passing week it seems 

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We will definitely beat the first two. The final will be what it will be but I'd rather have the chance in a one-off game.

Even Kenny fecking Shiels managed to fluke a trophy against Septic!

I hope you're right.  But if we make it to the Final it's a certainty that CL will be with us next year, regardless of where we finish in the League.  imo, of course.

Skivingatwork
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

You're having a laugh. Clare only turns up for one or two 10 second bursts over 90 mins. The rest of the time you forget he's on the park.

Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting he’s playing well, simply pointing out that there are no other creative players on the park.

heartstastic
33 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

This sums my feelings up as well. Minus Uche and some of his runs and play we are a brutal watch with no sign of a plan b:(

We started v strongly and they were terrible. I genuinely was thinking it was going to be 3 or 4. But we started second half so timidly and defensively it gave thistle that wee bit of confidence. I believe with a couple of subs on around 55 and a change of tempo we would have got another. But we just seemed to collapse and if it had gone to extra time my money wouldn't have been on us. Tonight showed there ARE easy games but you need to take that opportunity when it comes. Levein reminds me of wenger.... Stubborn and past sell by date

Auldreidy1874

After the goal we got a nose bleed everytime we tried to score. Not good enough against a poor side using the cup as a distraction for their own plight.

Anything short of a gubbing for them at Tynecastle is also not good enough.

F###############k

GeordieM1969

Can't disagree with any of this. There seemed to be a complete lack of motivation / encouragement / ideas coming from the bench. Again. We had attacking options available .... but chose to keep MacLean on ! It defies belief !