New Scottish football show “A View from the Terrace” Fridays @ 11pm - BBC Scotland

redm

Three of the guys are Hearts fans (Craig, Joel and Robert), but being a Hearts fan doesn't mean that you have to continually eulogise about the club.

I'm a fan of the podcast having only discovered it this season and thought that they put on a good show. It's definitely giving Scottish football, particularly lower league football, which for thousands of people every Saturday is their life, coverage on TV that it's perhaps never had previously.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• been here before

been here before
36 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, not me, mind the days of Tam Cowan ripping in to Hearts every week , no doubt you thought

that was good banter, i dont.

Right.

So you are that precious.

...a bit disco

Some people are made for tv.

Others are made for copying and pasting comments from JKB/Hibs.net/Twitter and making articles out of it for the Evening News.

Bad Religion
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Baking Empire biscuits

:facepalm:

Must we turn everything into kids play? For **** sake what is it next week? Andy Consadine with the Singing Kettle?

Hope Graham Spiers will tinkle the ivories.

You don't watch tv?

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Craig Fowler does not like us, hobo by any chance.

As above Hearts fan. 

Not letting it affect his analysis. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not overly keen on Fowler or Sked. Falling into the classic trap of trying too hard.

Bit of a shame. Feel a bit sorry for them actually. Draining the passion. 

Only Hearts person who didn't sell out on media duties was Robbo 

Enjoyed the show not the usual Rangers and Celtic obsessed BBC output. Apart from the hibby tosser from admiral fallow at the end.

heartmussel
12 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Why are people so quick to criticise?

I listened to Sportsound earlier and they spent another 40 minutes mourning the departure of Brendan Rodgers. In a 90 minute programme they finally got round to mentioning the Thistle v Hearts game with 4 minutes to go and spent most of that time discussing a Thistle player who eats eggs even though he doesn't like them.

This was a very refreshing change! 

Not all about the Old Firm. Lots of informative chat about the lower leagues. Tons of stuff packed in. Totally different from anything else I've seen.

If you missed it it should be available on iPlayer.

Exactly mate? It seems to be a Hearts thing?‍♂️

Its nice to have some coverage of our game minus Tic and Sevco...watched it and was enough for me to tune in again...anyone getting their knuckers in a twist and being negative really needs a bit of chearing up and a hug!!! 

Well done chaps... ?

Oh and if we needed proof that a lot of folk moan with no justification or basis it is evidenced by some on this thread moaning about Jambo bashing  and agenda against us when they are in the main Jambos on the show!!! Couldnt make it up! 

Edited by GavK1012

As with much of the stuff on the new channel, room for improvement and not to be written off in week 1.

Edited by DETTY29

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not overly keen on Fowler or Sked. Falling into the classic trap of trying too hard.

Bit of a shame. Feel a bit sorry for them actually. Draining the passion. 

Only Hearts person who didn't sell out on media duties was Robbo 

Sked is probably the most unashamedly biased Jambo on the show. He just doesn’t take football so seriously that he can’t take digs or make jokes at the club’s expense.

I think the audience for the show will be the same as podcast, which are fans of the charms of Scottish football. As someone said on Twitter, Stephen O’Donnell baking empire biscuits on TV is “peak Scottish football”.

Bridge of Djoum
12 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I liked it. They Obv can't say half the stuff they say in podcasts but was still good to see Scottish football (all Scottish football not just Glasgow 2) getting spoken about. Refreshing change although still lots of room for improvement. I laughed more at the mascot and his shorts more than I have at any OAE scene from the last few years. Also enjoyed the Cowdenbeath section. That's BBC Alba and now this that put main BBC sports team to shame for coverage and way they report. 

There-in lies a problem. If the ''OF isn't mentioned 90 percent of the time, ''OF'' fans won't watch it. They aren't interested in anything in life in general, only their ''rivalry''. Quite why they'd watch a Stranraer player boil an egg or the Ayr Utd kit man talk about his favorite style of trousers is beyond me.

Good luck to all those involved.

The lads lads lads jackets and jeans indie disco bantz was great. 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

He is a hearts fan.

I'm a big fan of the podcast and like the fact the boys actually take the time to research stats/games/players but it is also light hearted.

I wouldn't say the tv show flowed as naturally but considering this is pretty much all of their debuts on TV i dont think its a huge surprise. 

Overall i really enjoyed it and i think it will only get better

Phil Dunphy

"Naw, it's shite"

I'm sure the boys thank you for your critical analysis and will take away some of your points on how to improve it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

"Naw, it's shite"

I'm sure the boys thank you for your critical analysis and will take away some of your points on how to improve it.

I'd say it looked a bit wank to be honest. The channel is struggling to connect with Scotland in general thus far. 

Middle class up itself modern Scotland wank.

All a bit disappointing for me. Each to their own opinion though. It's still a democracy.......I think :)

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd say it looked a bit wank to be honest. The channel is struggling to connect with Scotland in general thus far. 

Middle class up itself modern Scotland wank.

All a bit disappointing for me. Each to their own opinion though. It's still a democracy.......I think :)

All about opinions I can't believe for example that only an excuse is still going 30 years after its sell by date with its stream of sectarian banter. 

The Terrace was, for me, a well put together show that I found a refreshing change from most on BBC Scotland tv or radio.

August Landmesser

I enjoyed it too, not quite as free-flowing as the podcast, but that's probably down to the different format and first-night nerves. Really enjoyed the short film of the Cowdenbeath game and the mascot at Raith.The Terrace guys clearly love Scottish football, and do their research, unlike the clowns on Sportsound. I wish them all the best.

weegie jambo

turned over and they were talking about Brenda and I thought here we go again another OF show, then next minute they're talking about Peterhead's promotion chances! I thought they were taking the p*** and trying to be clever but no they were deadly serious. I may have to tune in again and give them a chance, especially if they're Jambos.

1874Gorgie1874
6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

He’s a big Cowdenbeath fan 

Nelly Terraces
10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Quite amusing reading this thread. 

Those that watched it seemed to enjoy it.

Those that didn't think it's Shit.

The JKB way  :rofl:

You live in a strange wee sad world on the Internet guv'nor - absolutely nobody has said they didn't watch it but thought it was shite. You just made that up. :laugh2:

Plus, mentioning "the jkb way" uh oh, sure sign you live your life on here. Take it from yer kind old uncle Terraces - get out more.

Cheers!:2thumbsup:

PS, just to save you time/effort, don't waste it even more than you clearly do already by replying to this message, as I won't only not bother looking at it, I won't even be bothering to revisit this thread again. ?

1874Gorgie1874
54 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Folk on here saying hes a jambo, 

Definitely a Cowdenbeath fan 

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You live in a strange wee sad world on the Internet guv'nor - absolutely nobody has said they didn't watch it but thought it was shite. You just made that up. :laugh2:

Plus, mentioning "the jkb way" uh oh, sure sign you live your life on here. Take it from yer kind old uncle Terraces - get out more.

Cheers!:2thumbsup:

PS, just to save you time/effort, don't waste it even more than you clearly do already by replying to this message, as I won't only not bother looking at it, I won't even be bothering to revisit this thread again. ?

6k more posts than me  :rofl:

Howling at moon type gibberish. 

I thought it was a decent effort for a first show. I found it a bit too frantic with the early studio chat stuff but the filmed stuff was well worth watching and if they can relax into the studio chat portions then it looks to be a worthwhile contribution to Scottish football coverage imo

Placid Casual
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheers bud.

I follow him, and the Terrace Podcast, on Twitter and he's 100% a Hearts fan. Probably wishes he wasn't reading this thread.

Placid Casual
6 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Oh and if we needed proof that a lot of folk moan with no justification or basis it is evidenced by some on this thread moaning about Jambo bashing  and agenda against us when they are in the main Jambos on the show!!! Couldnt make it up! 

You couldn't. I really can't get my head around people thinking it abnormal that fans make fun of their own club. If you cannot laugh at yourself, especially in the bad times, it's no wonder that these people have issues :lol:

Edited by Placid Casual

been here before
Just now, Placid Casual said:

You couldn't. I can't get my head around people thinking it abnormal that fans make fun of their own club. If you can't laugh at yourself, especially in the bad times, it's no wonder these people have issues :lol:

It amuses me that some appear to carry a grudge about a shitty programme from 20 years ago because you think the presenter "ripped into Hearts every week".

Imagine carrying that about inside you for 15, 20 years.

?

Thought it was decent, might give the pod cast a go. 

The hibs shite at the end though, they can ram that right up their farters!

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, bn jambo said:

Thought it was decent, might give the pod cast a go. 

The hibs shite at the end though, they can ram that right up their farters!

forgot about that at the end, selective memory kicked in.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, been here before said:

It amuses me that some appear to carry a grudge about a shitty programme from 20 years ago because you think the presenter "ripped into Hearts every week".

Imagine carrying that about inside you for 15, 20 years.

?

Easily ammused are you not, and im hardly carrying a grudge, anyway i exchanged E- Mails with tam Cowan where we both had a laugh, blown your grudge theory right 

out the window, wow your hard work.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

He’s a big Cowdenbeath fan 

He used to post on here as Forrester Jambo. He is a Hearts fan.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Easily ammused are you not, and im hardly carrying a grudge, anyway i exchanged E- Mails with tam Cowan where we both had a laugh, blown your grudge theory right 

out the window, wow your hard work.

'Dear Tam

I was watching Offside and you ripped into Hearts every week". Im pure ragin'. No doubt you thought that was good banter, I dont...'

Tell me thats not true... you've made that up... you didnt really email Tam Cowan because you didnt like him joking about Hearts...

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

'Dear Tam

I was watching Offside and you ripped into Hearts every week". Im pure ragin'. No doubt you thought that was good banter, I dont...'

Tell me thats not true... you've made that up... you didnt really email Tam Cowan because you didnt like him joking about Hearts...

It was his piece in the Sunday Mail not the above programme you mentioned, yes i went through a phase of contacting the daily record sports line 

on a few occasions, and yes all true lol.

29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

It was his piece in the Sunday Mail not the above programme you mentioned, yes i went through a phase of contacting the daily record sports line 

Seriously? :lol:

been here before
34 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So you've held a grudge about him having the audacity to joke about Hearts "every week" nearly 20 years ago...

You've has "a phase" emailing him through the Daily Record because I imagine you've taken exception to something he's written about Hearts...

And now you pribably wint watch this new programme because after "8 mimutes theyvevripped into Hearts a couple of times".

There really are no words for that.

7 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

I follow him, and the Terrace Podcast, on Twitter and he's 100% a Hearts fan. Probably wishes he wasn't reading this thread.

When he was on off the ball a couple of weeks ago, he said he closed his JKB account. I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was him.

15 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, not me, mind the days of Tam Cowan ripping in to Hearts every week , no doubt you thought

that was good banter, i dont.

Does that mean you're going to change your username. 

Listened to and enjoyed their podcast and the show was a good start.

A bit awkward at times but that's to be expected.

16 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just quoting you to try and get you to revisit the thread :lol:

And as to the show...watched it on iPlayer just now and quite enjoyed it. Definitely worthy of another view for future episodes.