Naismith out for 8-10 weeks (updated)

Thomaso

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's only his opinion FFS :lol:

It may be the fact he’s playing against children has his mindset all wrong in these games. I thought he looked good in his debut! 

He may may just be struggling to settle. I didn’t see him speak once so maybe homesickness/lack of English is contributing. 

In the 2 or 3 reserve games I’ve seen him in he’s barely  sprinted and seems to half arse everything. The disinterest is the worrying part, as he has shown some good stuff! 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Inch Hearts

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbo-Jambo
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's only his opinion FFS :lol:

Levein doesn't seem keen to play him even against a team like Partick. Rather play McLean who was completely pish as usual. ?

Hackney Hearts

So Vanacek and Cochrane were rubbish in our 9-1 win on Monday.

God knows what the score would have been if we'd have been firing on all cylinders....

Maybe it's hard to focus in what was obviously a mismatch?

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Levein is going to have to put a bit of trust in Keena and Vanacek.

Hopefully one of them plays at the weekend and scores!!

Give Keena a chance. Surely not Vanacek 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So..... The Sun was spot on after all.

Can never fault it.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

The Sun was spot on after all.

Yep

They are pretty good on Scottish football often in first. 

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

The Sun was spot on after all.

They usually are when it comes to itk re Hearts. Wonder who their source is? 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Levein doesn't seem keen to play him even against a team like Partick. Rather play McLean who was completely pish as usual. ?

Although he said he holds no grudges, I think Levein has spat the dummy out at Vanacek.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Although he said he holds no grudges, I think Levein has spat the dummy out at Vanacek.

You could well be right.

If it is a personal thing though Levein has to do what is best for the team though.

No one is bigger than the club.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Levein most certainly holds a grudge. I think Vanacek would’ve prospered from the amount of crosses we put into the box on Monday. Can’t have strikers who actually score goals though ??‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You could well be right.

If it is a personal thing though Levein has to do what is best for the team though.

Not even a club legend who holds three jobs and has control over every aspect of the football department.

I think we have to end our interest in signing him. When fit a great player...but we can’t afford the risk of paying a large wage to such an injury prone player.  

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Give Keena a chance. Surely not Vanacek 

Why not Vanacek? He's barely had a chance and has been scoring goals for the reserves.

Edited by Lambo85

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Why not Vanacek? He's barely had a chance and has been scoring goals for the reserves.

I really meant Keena should in my opinion be given a chance before him. Nothing against Vanacek - though my post did read like that unfortunately 

10 hours ago, Sarah O said:

There you go eh. I'd be surprised if he plays for us again.

You want to book in so I can see your knees now? 

What, both of them ?  I'd need to see your, erm, credentials first :oohmatron:

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I really meant Keena should in my opinion be given a chance before him. Nothing against Vanacek - though my post did read like that unfortunately 

Think Uche and Keena would be a better partnership as well.

Not that he plays two up top very often. :jj_facepalm:

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

A team, shape and players to play minus Naismith perhaps?  Right now it looks a shambles.   Tap tap punt. 

Looked ok against the best team in the country, but that aside every single team is worse without their best player. It's a nonsense complaint Imo

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Looked ok against the best team in the country, but that aside every single team is worse without their best player. It's a nonsense complaint Imo

We looked okay with nothing to lose and defensively. We lost.   We looked pony a few nights later against Patrick and in previous games he’s not been playing in.  Anyway we move on to Dundee.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not even a club legend who holds three jobs and has control over every aspect of the football department.

:laugh:

Rocky jamboa

That's a bummer. However, did they not say berra would be out longer than he was? Hopefully see him back quicker.

Would like to see vanacek get more of a chance. He looked ok, albeit in only the one game I've saw him in! Can't be any worse than McLean! 

Hopefully this pushes Levein into playing 442 

Zlamal

godhino Berra Souttar gurrichio

Clare haring djoum Mulraney

uche Keena 

Unknown user
49 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We looked okay with nothing to lose and defensively. We lost.   We looked pony a few nights later against Patrick and in previous games he’s not been playing in.  Anyway we move on to Dundee.  

Talk about a negative slant, we did a cracking job without our best player and with ten v eleven against by far the best team in scotland ffs - we were desperately unlucky not to get anything from that game. 

Partick was frustrating but even their fans will tell you they were extremely lucky to still be in it at half time. 

The previous games were ones where a few of our best players were missing - let's see how we actually get on before declaring all hope is gone!

6 hours ago, Dayman said:

It may be the fact he’s playing against children has his mindset all wrong in these games. I thought he looked good in his debut! 

He may may just be struggling to settle. I didn’t see him speak once so maybe homesickness/lack of English is contributing. 

In the 2 or 3 reserve games I’ve seen him in he’s barely  sprinted and seems to half arse everything. The disinterest is the worrying part, as he has shown some good stuff! 

He was definitely a bit meh on Tuesday and looked miles away from being a first team player. As you say Wighton looked okay.

Captain America

I'd be tempted to give Wighton a run of games next to Uche, Keena and Vanecek assisting from the bench. 

Wighton seems to get goals fairly regular for reserve side. 

Gutting for Naismith, hopefully we get chance to see him before end of season and in particular in final at Hampden.

On a side note if we can't beat 2 championship teams without him we don't deserve to be in final. 

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Erm...

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin

When 'Naisey' leaves us at the end of the season can we please all get back to hating him for being a diving, whingeing wee Hun prick.

I miss those days. :(

portobellojambo1
On 07/03/2019 at 14:32, Bongo 1874 said:

Well,? 

Sorry, I just picked up on this just now. When someone raised this on our bus he was asked where he heard it. He said someone at the game had told him it had been mentioned during the TV commentary of the game. A couple of people were contacted who had watched the game on TV and both said nothing had been mentioned about Naismith's injury. It does suggest there were a lot of different stories doing the rounds and any guess work would have had a %age chance of being correct. The club didn't release the surgeon's findings until yesterday.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sorry, I just picked up on this just now. When someone raised this on our bus he was asked where he heard it. He said someone at the game had told him it had been mentioned during the TV commentary of the game. A couple of people were contacted who had watched the game on TV and both said nothing had been mentioned about Naismith's injury. It does suggest there were a lot of different stories doing the rounds and any guess work would have had a %age chance of being correct. The club didn't release the surgeon's findings until yesterday.

I was watching at home and it was mentioned on the TV - can't remember if it was during commentary or in the pre-match team news whilst the teams were coming out. Either way, it was definitely said on the telly.

Moot point now I guess.

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Successful operation and back for the run in according to BBC website 

Great news!

Not as exciting as the news that George Clooney and his wife, Amal are coming to Edinburgh today though.  (see Shed).

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Great news!

Not as exciting as the news that George Clooney and his wife, Amal are coming to Edinburgh today though.  (see Shed).

Beg to differ.??

Mr Elwood P
52 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Successful operation and back for the run in according to BBC website 

The BBC website still has our tie v ICT listed as 3pm on Saturday 13th of April, despite the fact it has been moved to accommodate their coverage. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2019-04

Wee bit surprised this hasn't already been posted. Looking promising.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47566739

Sorry, don't know what happened there. You could copy and paste to your browser. (if you know how) ::troll::

gorgie rd eh11

Positive story. It'll be lucky to get many posts. 

It's not really important like the reserves losing or somebody swearing 1/4 of a mile from the stadium.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Positive story. It'll be lucky to get many posts. 

It's not really important like the reserves losing or somebody swearing 1/4 of a mile from the stadium.

Aye, I know, it's shite isn't it. I shouldn't have wasted my time posting news that Stevie Naismith might be back before the end of the season. In other news a pigeon has done a shite on the roof of the new stand, could this be the end ?