Zlamal

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He could command his box more. Make sure Clare was right side. Zlamal played well but ffs giving defenders and goalkeepers high marks for being in a losing team and conceding 2 is as bad as giving a striker high marks for not scoring and being on the losing team.  It is all very "aw bless, that is lovely I shall hang that on the fridge" cutesie wootsie. We ****ing lost, 4s all round must do better. 

Do you think an athlete is pleased when they get a PB but finishes one hundredth of a second behind 1st? No, they try to get that one hubdredth of a second.

So going on that basis you are not going to give Uche any credit at all for his performance last night?

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Bobby played really well imo. Better of our two goalkeepers. 

Zlamal is better than Doyle by a country mile, although I think Zlamal deserved to be dropped after the Livingston debacle.

Both goalies are prone to brain fade, but in between times Zlamal looks a really good good agile keeper, Doyle on the other hand has all the speed and dexterity of Hodor from Game of Thrones!!

32 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

So going on that basis you are not going to give Uche any credit at all for his performance last night?

Of course I do, they all busted their bollocks.  It is a team game however, the team lost so no awards or backslaps from this non loser fan.

I know Ann probably sat with Celtic directors in the stand and wished them "the best team to win" but football is do or die to me, life or death.  One goal - to win.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course I do, they all busted their bollocks.  It is a team game however, the team lost so no awards or backslaps from this non loser fan.

I know Ann probably sat with Celtic directors in the stand and wished them "the best team to win" but football is do or die to me, life or death.  One goal - to win.

Lol. 

"non loser fan".

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Be honest, mate, he’d had a few howling games prior to Livi. Ibrox and Murrayfield immediately spring to mind. 

This. However, he’s got hold of the jersey so let’s support the guy. We’ve still got a cup to win! ?

Ibrox he was fine, Murrayfield he obviously made a mistake, like all keepers do. But compare the mistakes with some of the outstanding saves he’s made and general goalkeeping competence, this far outweighs the negatives.

You can also tell that Berra and he other defenders feel a lot safer with Zlamal behind them.

Pasquale for King

Great game but maybe could’ve come for the winner but Souttar missing it and Clare not being a defender didn’t help,just needs to kick the ball towards Uche a bit more often.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, saxondale said:

Ibrox he was fine, Murrayfield he obviously made a mistake, like all keepers do. But compare the mistakes with some of the outstanding saves he’s made and general goalkeeping competence, this far outweighs the negatives.

You can also tell that Berra and he other defenders feel a lot safer with Zlamal behind them.

Agreed!

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He could command his box more. Make sure Clare was right side. Zlamal played well but ffs giving defenders and goalkeepers high marks for being in a losing team and conceding 2 is as bad as giving a striker high marks for not scoring and being on the losing team.  It is all very "aw bless, that is lovely I shall hang that on the fridge" cutesie wootsie. We ****ing lost, 4s all round must do better. 

Do you think an athlete is pleased when they get a PB but finishes one hundredth of a second behind 1st? No, they try to get that one hubdredth of a second.

So, by your outstanding reckoning, neither of which he could do anything about, a goalkeeper who has two put past him, even although he had several outstanding saves that kept it down to two, shouldn't get a high mark?

What a screwed up piece of logic that is.

16 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Before the game, i was hoping for Doyle to have the shirt.

The double save just before half time is quite possibly one of the best saves i have ever seen. Put himself at real risk of getting volleyed in the face from Sinclair's follow up. Astounding. Left with no chance for thier first. Not much he could do for the second when Souttar and Clare commited.

Deserves to keep the jersey for the time being. Played well tonight, even a few times had to do the sweeper keeper role after brandon's red card.

Reminded me of Niemi last night with the gun grey shirt and terrible haircut. Played like him aswell, top performance and no chance with the goals 

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So, by your outstanding reckoning, neither of which he could do anything about, a goalkeeper who has two put past him, even although he had several outstanding saves that kept it down to two, shouldn't get a high mark?

What a screwed up piece of logic that is.

It is a team game.  We lose the team lose, there are no singled out winners.

It is still possible to perform well and lose. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It is still possible to perform well and lose. 

Of course, we did last night.  My point is I am not going to applaud defeat as it sends the wrong message Dave.

Edited by i8hibsh

Of course, we did last night.  My point is I am not going to applaud defeat as it sends the wrong message Dave.

But nobody is applauding defeat. They are applauding the performance. 

37 minutes ago, Davie1874 said:

But nobody is applauding defeat. They are applauding the performance. 

Applauding a losing performance you mean?

An example of why you don’t write off players after a poorish run or bad mistake. There’s a lot of middle ground between shite and amazing... and that’s our market, generally.

jack D and coke

Bobby needed dropped for me but Doyle was never the answer, just didn’t inspire any confidence whatsoever even when he had pulled off some good saves something made me nervous about him. He really lacks mobility for me and the Motherwell blunder was on the cards right from the off. 

5 minutes of watching Bobby again last night really drove home how superior he is of the two. 

If he can cut out the brain farts he’s not a bad cat. 

The White Cockade

Bobby was great at the start of the season and saved us a good few times

his form dropped when we were struggling along with most of the others

he made a couple of howlers and deserved to be dropped

but the stick he got on here for that was way over the top

he's miles better than the "stookie" Doyle and I would be happy for him to be our

number one for next couple of years

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Astounded his double save didn't make the highlands. 

Me too - it made it down to London which is further away.

I said it earlier in the week that from a pure keeper perspective he is better than Doyle - marginally.

But a key thing for me is that his distribution is by far superior. And that is hugely important.

We’d have shipped at least 1 maybe 2 more goals last night with Doyle in goals

Edited by Jammy T

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

This! Just watched highlights and can’t believe it’s not there. Desperate to see a replay of it.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Pure drivel.

5 hours ago, Bking9 said:

Reminded me of Niemi last night with the gun grey shirt and terrible haircut. Played like him aswell, top performance and no chance with the goals 

I was going to post and ask the last time we had a gun grey goalie shirt out there as I thought he looked very Niemi like aswell

11 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Haha so it's his fault Clare lost his man for their winner? So by your logic, if a keeper makes 10 wordly saves but let's in a penalty and loses the game then he doesn't deserve any pass marks?

Trust me in not in the happy clapper camp after recent performances but when folk come out with logic like this then all credibility goes out the window bud. It's okay to give positives even though you might not be happy with the overall picture. There's been many things wrong with our performances of late... Bobby's last night is not one of them... and that's okay to accept and acknowledge.

Your analogy of the athlete is crack-pipe stuff man, an athlete has the ability to improve and strive to make up that 100th of a second - that's in their control. No matter how good a keeper may try, he can't physically control the players in front of him and their decision making, leading them to putting him in a position to concede.

Like I said, plenty of negatives recently, Bobby's performance last night wasn't one of them.

Spot on! ?

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Watch the spfl highlights on YouTube, on there. Far superior to the shitty bbc ones. You also get the benefit of not hearing Liam McLeod climaxing when celtic score a tap in.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, main said:

Watch the spfl highlights on YouTube, on there. Far superior to the shitty bbc ones. You also get the benefit of not hearing Liam McLeod climaxing when celtic score a tap in.

4.00 exactly on the SPFL clip.

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Thought you said you were staying off kickback ? 

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Thought you said you were staying off kickback ? 

Got my first JKBAA meeting next week

:facepalm:

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Clare’s shot and save was something else. 

It was too quick to take in at the time but aye, that would have been a goal and a half!

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Cheers bud ??

:thumbsup:

We deserved better

Sometimes the best thing that can happen to a keeper is being dropped from the team. 

I firmly believe that Bobby was a bit complacent at first (aided by the cult status he was granted almost instantly). I don't think that's the case now.

I reckon he'll be our number 1 for a few years now. 

colinmaroon
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:56, i8hibsh said:

Sorry, that is nonsense dressed up as truth.

There are no singled out winners?

Take it if we win the Cup, beating Rangers 5-4, their goals four defensive errors, with all 5 goals scored by Adrian Keena, you wouldn't be giving him any plaudits, because "there are no singled out winners" and, of course, you won't pass any comment on the shitty defending because "there are no singled out losers" either?

I mean, you have NEVER singled out a loser, have you???

Glad you never "singled out Doyle" after all, it is a team game.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Bobby has earned his place now with that performance, showed he's a talented keeper. The defence did look more composed which is the main thing.