Zlamal

dazajmbo

Before the game, i was hoping for Doyle to have the shirt.

The double save just before half time is quite possibly one of the best saves i have ever seen. Put himself at real risk of getting volleyed in the face from Sinclair's follow up. Astounding. Left with no chance for thier first. Not much he could do for the second when Souttar and Clare commited.

Deserves to keep the jersey for the time being. Played well tonight, even a few times had to do the sweeper keeper role after brandon's red card.

Agree and his save from Brown’s volley was also good considering how close it was to him.

Not slating Doyle but I just feel so much more comfortable with Zlamal in net, albeit he’s not perfect.

Bazzas right boot

Played well tonight. 

Very well. 

His shot stopping isn't the issue, he's made several fantastic saves this season. 

His command of the area is very  poor tho, v St mirren for example, he's got to punch it away. 

Deserves the Jersey now , but I wouldn't be Suprised if he makes a big mistake again like v celtic. 

We really need a better keeper for next season. 

Well done for tonight. 

Baibs save was a belter as well, brilliant volley by Clare ?

By far the better keeper of the two. Said that from day one. Watching Doyle against Ross County gave me the fear. Glad to see Bobby in goals again. Brilliant performance tonight. Happy for him. Maybe not the long term answer but a solid keeper at this level.

He should have been booked for time wasting......?

Ok I had a fiver at 50/1 he'd be booked, after word spread round us of his price when he was taking his time at bye kicks.

Only time the ref didn't book someone! ha

Just before the winner I was feeling a bit nostalgic recalling how Gilles redeemed himself spectacularly in the 1998 Final after his error in 1996.

To a much lesser extent obviously, I was thinking how much Bobby deserved his draw bonus and how good he’d feel after that amazing double save. Gutted for him. :(

That’s him back to our permanent number 1. He was tremendous last night.

Rather than folk slating our keepers saying they are not good enough, can we start supporting them.

Should never have been dropped in the first place. He had a poor game against Livi, but so did everyone at that game.

He certainly shouldn’t have been dropped for Doyle, who is rubbish.

chester copperpot

His saving has never been in question for me.

It's his handling and brain farts that concern me more.

Anyway, now is not the time for that discussion as he was brilliant last night.

14 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Should never have been dropped in the first place. He had a poor game against Livi, but so did everyone at that game.

He certainly shouldn’t have been dropped for Doyle, who is rubbish.

Be honest, mate, he’d had a few howling games prior to Livi. Ibrox and Murrayfield immediately spring to mind. 

12 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

His saving has never been in question for me.

It's his handling and brain farts that concern me more.

Anyway, now is not the time for that discussion as he was brilliant last night.

This. However, he’s got hold of the jersey so let’s support the guy. We’ve still got a cup to win! ?

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Bain's save from Clare, was sensational too. He's a prick though, just to be clear.

Bob did smashing in goals, however.

Watching the BBC highlights the commentator was creaming himself over Bain's save (which was a great save tbf) but seconds before they showed Bobby's save from Brow, which was even better, yet the slavering erse only says "brilliant shot" and makes no reference to the save.

Edited by The Treasurer

Said before the winner he was my man of match, second goal didn't change that. He was excellent and firmly deserves the number 1 jersey in my opinion. 

Uche deserves a mention as well - covered every blade of grass last night.

Maroonblood22
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He conceded 2 goals ffs.

Can you suggest what any other keeper in world football would have been able to do for either goal that Bobby didn't?

He had absolutely hee-haw chance at either and he played a huge part in making sure it was only those two that got past him. FFS he was brilliant last night man!

25 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Can you suggest what any other keeper in world football would have been able to do for either goal that Bobby didn't?

He had absolutely hee-haw chance at either and he played a huge part in making sure it was only those two that got past him. FFS he was brilliant last night man!

He could command his box more. Make sure Clare was right side. Zlamal played well but ffs giving defenders and goalkeepers high marks for being in a losing team and conceding 2 is as bad as giving a striker high marks for not scoring and being on the losing team.  It is all very "aw bless, that is lovely I shall hang that on the fridge" cutesie wootsie. We ****ing lost, 4s all round must do better. 

Do you think an athlete is pleased when they get a PB but finishes one hundredth of a second behind 1st? No, they try to get that one hubdredth of a second.

9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Should never have been dropped.

I don't think he deserved it myself, but it was maybe good for us to see Doyle. No doubt that the pecking order has been established now. 

Geoff the Mince

He done what i expected a goalkeeper to make and that is make saves ! Hes still got a long way to go before i'll be giving him praise .

Bobby was great and did not get intimidated by the Celtic fans behind him. 

In fact, quite the opposite :verysmug:

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He could command his box more. Make sure Clare was right side. Zlamal played well but ffs giving defenders and goalkeepers high marks for being in a losing team and conceding 2 is as bad as giving a striker high marks for not scoring and being on the losing team.  It is all very "aw bless, that is lovely I shall hang that on the fridge" cutesie wootsie. We ****ing lost, 4s all round must do better. 

Do you think an athlete is pleased when they get a PB but finishes one hundredth of a second behind 1st? No, they try to get that one hubdredth of a second.

Beyond boring now cheery chap.

He's a very good keeper capable of extraordinary saves and also the odd mistake. 

He'll save us a lot more than he costs us imo. He's also a likeable character.

Should never have been dropped for a player of Doyle's ability.

Maroonblood22
54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Haha so it's his fault Clare lost his man for their winner? So by your logic, if a keeper makes 10 wordly saves but let's in a penalty and loses the game then he doesn't deserve any pass marks?

Trust me in not in the happy clapper camp after recent performances but when folk come out with logic like this then all credibility goes out the window bud. It's okay to give positives even though you might not be happy with the overall picture. There's been many things wrong with our performances of late... Bobby's last night is not one of them... and that's okay to accept and acknowledge.

Your analogy of the athlete is crack-pipe stuff man, an athlete has the ability to improve and strive to make up that 100th of a second - that's in their control. No matter how good a keeper may try, he can't physically control the players in front of him and their decision making, leading them to putting him in a position to concede.

Like I said, plenty of negatives recently, Bobby's performance last night wasn't one of them.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcmlkOX6O_uqJsWw7ffhV