Posted Images

JFK-1
8 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68922877

Wait a minute...

Isn't that MTG?

_133251963_3d_model_on_black_background_

6000.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none

The GOP zoo of human ancestors and cousins.

Trump%20108.png

Though no way is Trump as smart as an orang utan, Trump can't even change his own diaper.

Wounded orangutan seen using plant as medicine

_133260146_picture_5_credits_armas.jpg

A Sumatran orangutan in Indonesia has self-medicated using a paste made from plants to heal a large wound on his cheek, say scientists. It is the first time a creature in the wild has been recorded treating an injury with a medicinal plant.

After researchers saw Rakus applying the plant poultice to his face, the wound closed up and healed in a month. Scientists say the behaviour could come from a common ancestor shared by humans and great apes.

Full article with pictures and video of Rakus the orang utan who could change his own diaper if he wanted to, just doesn't need one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68942123

So what's the policies on offer.

Or is US politics just a pic fest off large apes and ancestral ones.

US politics thread aye?

Anyway I've mentioned before but Trump is appealing to the unexpected and it continues to grow.

Why?

Are they just dumb black trailer trash like the white ones described on here?

Or is Trump like brexit a boot to the balls of the blatancy of US political class and the disconnect it has?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/18/why-are-black-voters-backing-donald-trump-in-record-numbers

Lone Striker

Well, who'd have  thunk it ?     

Its all just part of the political witch-hunt, surely ?  😎

JFK-1

De Niro's thoughts mirror my own, he agrees with my assessment that there isn't a single redeeming factor about Trump. Not just evil but an evil idiot.

'Pure evil': Robert De Niro unleashes on Donald Trump

Robert De Niro was not always political. But he is now, thanks to Donald Trump. The award-winning actor sits down with Stephanie Ruhle to discuss the danger he believes Trump poses to American democracy.

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Just to be clear as I don’t think it is from the tweet, that’s Republican Senator Tom Cotton, not someone from the Biden administration.

Another ALL CAPS RANT during a break in Hope Hick's testimony.

How many times are they going to let him get away with this before locking him up, even for a night?

JFK-1
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

that’s Republican Senator Tom Cotton, not someone from the Biden administration.

Yes it is, that's a GOP statement not a government statement.

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

How many times are they going to let him get away with this before locking him up, even for a night?

He actually got his lawyer to stand up in court with a bundle of his next  intended tweet rant printouts and ask Judge Merchan to adjudicate on which of them  would be allowable under the gag order !!   

:facepalm:

JFK-1
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Did he get the spelling right? He's begging them to lock him up for a few hours or so, he wants it. I want to see them put him in the slammer for the weekend, that will mess him up good.

I still maintain Trump is a mental weakling and will become ever more decrepit right before our eyes.

JFK-1

And just to make sure everyone is clear about this, Trump at every break claims they wont let him testify, as if that's even a real thing

Him being so stupid and all you have to wonder if actually he thinks a gag order means he can't testify, no doubt anything stupid enough to support him might think that.

But he obviously absolutely can, he just wont because he would be shredded in minutes. I would love him to testify, please testify dozy Don, I want to hear your side of it.

The pressure is getting to him.

He'll crack and have a complete breakdown way before November comes around.

JFK-1

A couple of times in this video they discuss the issue of Trump blatantly lying outside the courtroom that he's not allowed to testify, obviously absurd.

Just what we expect from Trump isn't it, but according to Glenn Kirschner it doesn't need to be tolerated, he says there is a path the prosecutors and judge can take to demonstrate how untrue and ridiculous it is. They can raise the issue of him saying that and present it to the jury.

And I hope they do it, it involves Trump being invited to testify, and how sweet would it be when he shites it, full diaper, and declines. Then what will he say outside? More utter crap no doubt but it would be another crack in his insanity.

Watt-Zeefuik

On 02/05/2024 at 06:13, Lovecraft said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68922877

Wait a minute...

Isn't that MTG?

_133251963_3d_model_on_black_background_

6000.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none

Totally uncalled for to insult our noble forerunners like that.

On 02/05/2024 at 15:09, Ked said:

Anyway I've mentioned before but Trump is appealing to the unexpected and it continues to grow.

Why?

Are they just dumb black trailer trash like the white ones described on here?

Or is Trump like brexit a boot to the balls of the blatancy of US political class and the disconnect it has?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/18/why-are-black-voters-backing-donald-trump-in-record-numbers

This to me explains a lot of the race right now:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/poll-biden-trump-supporters-sharply-divided-media-consume-rcna149497

An decent chunk of the US just isn't paying much attention to politics right now, which always happens at this time of year. A lot of people just start tuning in around September and don't worry much about it until then. (And TBF that's probably a wise decision, all this worrying about it ahead of time does no one much good, but anyway. . . ) In that NBC poll, when split by news consumption, far and away Trump's best group is "don't follow political news." He's ahead with them 53-27%. At the other end of the spectrum, people who still read newspapers support Biden by 70-21%.

image.thumb.png.051c81faa6178ccf6b3941e92db1f264.png

If you're not paying attention right now, or getting your news from Joe Rogan or somesuch, this is all just a lot of noise. It's not a huge amount but I'm sure some folks are just picking Donald Trump because they're still annoyed about gas prices.

No question that Biden has to get his coalition back together or else he's in real danger of losing. But that news consumption split is encouraging to me. It says people aren't listening to the dark fashy shit that he's spouting lately and still backing him. A lot of them aren't listening at all yet.

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

As others have pointed out, Cotton is an opposition Senator. And I will add that he's a rank and fetid piece of shit to boot. Even among GOP Senators, he stands out as particularly noxious.

JFK-1
45 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

people who read support Biden by 70-21%.

Small edit for the purposes of clarity.

Lone Striker

I'm sure JKB's  North American orrespondents will be aware of this ........ but this is downright scary stuff.

Bannon's & Miller's fingerprints are all over this subversion plan.

And then the tactics for voter suppression & intimidation .... and planting  Trumpets inside counting rooms to replace the honest election counters who've already had enough.

Bloody Hell  !!!    

Watt-Zeefuik
On 28/04/2024 at 16:41, Ulysses said:

But it's not an n of 2.  It's the late/final tracking polls in each of the Presidential and House elections since 2014.  Each of those was an  average of multiple polls, and each of those polls had sample sizes of 800 upward.  

I'm not declaring a trend.  You're declaring a bias on someone else's part, and I'm asking you to explain it.  All you have to do is respond with facts.  The numbers show that RCP's tracking doesn't "juice" the GOP.  You could respond by demonstrating how in fact they do, because surely there's good concrete evidence for that.  You could demonstrate what RCP's methods for doing this are, rather than telling me I've no interest in them. 

There's an alternative explanation  of course, and you might want to consider that.  Is it possible that you and Marshall have let your own political biases cloud your assessment of the cause and effect?  As he and you describe it, you don't rate RCP because they're biased.  Have you considered that maybe RCP's polling simply appears biased to you because you've already decided to write it off on the basis that their main page seems to favour the GOP?  I ask because I'm tempted to think that's the case.

Put simply, if RCP has been in the habit of using polls to favour one side, there will be detectable signs of that somewhere.  Those signs will not be in your mind's eye, nor in an impassioned but unscientific polemic by Mr Marshall, nor in an unrelated academic paper.  They'll be in RCP's numbers and poll selection.  So just point to them.  

My God, man, that's brilliant. Examine my own biases. What a concept, it had never occurred to me, except for the five times you've already mentioned it on this thread and every advanced science course I've ever taken. Do you know what you do if you suspect your own bias? You re-examine evidence.

So let's do that. When you're looking at the bottom line, it is an n of 2, mate, or at best of 5 (mixing midterm congressional results with Presidentials is a really big stretch, but we'll go with it for now). You've looked at the bottom line number in those elections and compared it to the final result. You didn't do a comparison across all the internal polls. But let's look at those anyway.

Here's what we have:

2012 -- RCP underestimates Obama, as did most polls

2014 -- RCP underestimates GOP gains, as did most polls, because of late breaking wave

2016 -- RCP overestimates Clinton, the Comey memo deserves mention here as no polls could have possibly included it

2018 -- RCP predicts split exaclty. Well done, RCP

2020 -- RCP underestimates Trump because nearly all polls did

2022 -- Well, I can't look because RCP's 2022 archive page is down. Pretty sure they overestimated GOP gains because most polls did, but who knows?

WTF am I supposed to read from this at this point? There's not a coherent trend in sight, nor is that was Josh was discussing. (And calling it an "impassioned polemic" is just weird. He was making an observation with a snarky headline.)

On the other hand, you dismissed 538's models as "opinion packaged as science."  Here's the thing. I can check 538's methods, as they're openly published. You can actually download a copy of their model (which Nate Silver ran in a giant Excel workbook but I think has moved to a real language at this point). You can see where their weights are calculated based on past performance.  When they make a big call to exclude a poll, as they did recently with the increasingly erratic Rasmussen Reports, they publish a whole damn paper about it. 538 also did an exposé years ago about Research 2000, a polling firm that worked with a lot of Democratic digital media to provide custom polling, but which 538 used number theory to demonstrate that they'd been making up the numbers based on other polls the entire time. That's the funny thing about science—opinion is always there. The question is can you back it up with evidence and demonstrate your methods clearly, and if those are deemed acceptable. 538, to its credit, put a Democratic-leaning faux pollster out of business by being extra scrupulous with their analyses.

RCP's method, on the other hand, is . . . well, I don't know what it is, because they don't publish it. You just get their running average. And polls that had been included suddenly go missing when they start to skew Democratic. Can I point to evidence of this? No, because it's just stuff I and others have noticed over the years, and it's never been explained. I didn't take screenshots or grab Zotero archives of them because I have better things to do with my time. Wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition about a fairly banal observation, but anyway.

Which kind of brings up a different kind of bias, which is past prediction bias. You've hung your hat on some trends you've seen in the RCP averages. I don't think your suggestions as to what those mean are valid, and have tried to point to evidence, methodological concerns, and notes from other experts as to why I think it's wrong. You've dismissed all of this as somehow not "neutral" enough (which is a chimera anyway, this essay by Donna Haraway remains the clearest exposition of that I've read). It seems like you are highly prone to finding fault or bias with anything which challenges your predictions in this. Which is natural enough, but it's a bias you might want to consider when thinking this out.

JFK-1
10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I'm sure JKB's  North American orrespondents will be aware of this ........ but this is downright scary stuff.

Bannon's & Miller's fingerprints are all over this subversion plan.

And then the tactics for voter suppression & intimidation .... and planting  Trumpets inside counting rooms to replace the honest election counters who've already had enough.

Bloody Hell  !!!    

You know you're in a hard spot when they're trying to insert laws that actually allow them to harass election workers which would then be pushed to the limits of outright intimidation and assault. Harassed at their homes.

Imagine suggesting a law that allowed you to harass any specific group at all far less election workers. And ironically apparently Trump has been caught on tape speaking to donors at some fund raising thing and telling them that Biden is running a "Gestapo administration"

ATLANTA (AP) — Donald Trump told Republican donors at his Florida resort this weekend that President Joe Biden is running a “Gestapo administration,” the latest example of the former president employing the language of Nazi Germany in his campaign rhetoric.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-gestapo-biden-nazi-germany-campaign-rhetoric-531691ce92cafc18c810c75740802883

JFK-1

It couldn't be clearer, Trump is talking about rounding up over 20 million illegal immigrants, the equivalent of rounding up the entire population of Florida. Gonna transport them in cattle trucks? He's talking about deploying the military to quell civil unrest, which would mean any form of protest at all he didn't like.

He's talking about attacking the free press and right now there are journalists making plans about what they and their family should do if Trump were elected. The likes of Ari Melber know as well as anybody that last time Trump didn't understand the levers of power, didn't know how to manipulate it and even when he tried there were rational people in place blocking his insanity.

But this time absolutely would come after the likes of Melber perhaps with the force of the DOJ behind him and he would set the Trump mob om him and his family.

This time he will have cult level trumpets heading every major department there is starting with DOJ. It's another feature of how Hitler took power, he infiltrated and replaced the courts with Nazi courts adhering to Nazi ideology.

And all that's just on the domestic front while on the international front Trump has a long standing dream of getting the US out of NATO, which by coincidence is an even longer standing dream of his idol and role model Putin.

Last time he tried that it was nixed by sane adults who unlike Trump knew this wasn't just a bad idea, this was the mother lode of bad ideas to the extent it was unthinkable. In their view and in my view that would almost certainly lead to conflict and major undesirable global realignments and eruptions.

This time trumpet yes men will be in position to press the buttons and make it happen and Trump absolutely will push it.. With Trump in the mix talking it all just looks more like the 1930's all the time. A marmalade Mussolini though I would deem both Hitler and Mussolini to be far more intelligent than Trump.

And that's what makes Trump even more dangerous in a way. Hitler and Mussolini were readers, thinkers and writers, and had an actual deeply thought out detailed ideology they were serving and believing on some level that it was beneficial and even desirable. Trump is none of these things.

Trump is simply 100% self serving, has no ideology or if he does it can change from day to day to suit his current toddler like whims. Shit like bombing Mexico which he once suggested, shit like that could actually happen when you have such an unstable individual who is also in clear cognitive decline in a position he can order trumpet yes men to do so.

Trumps father was diagnosed with  "mild senile dementia" 8 years before he died, it was Alzheimer's and obviously that's not something that ever gets better. Following the diagnosis in 1991 he declined over the next few years to the stage he didn't recognise people he had known for decades and even his own family.

Trump has the same male pattern balding his father did, and I would hazard a guess he's in the same early stages of Alzheimer's too and I bet there are people who given that family history would advise a normal person to be tested, but he's not normal. He's abnormal in countless ways and his entire future life hinges on this election.

If Trump loses this election he's going to be in court in front of Jack Smith on conspiracy to steal an election next year at latest and he will be convicted and I believe jailed or at a minimum some sort of long term confinement. I think he's still at least temporarily compos mentis enough to get brief glimpses of such a reality and will do/say anything to avoid it.

Consider a scenario, approaching the election, say Biden had a significant lead in polls and a win for Trump seemed slim to no chance. Trump would ramble the usual crap about rigged elections and biased polls. And just like he always has before he will say it's definitely rigged if he doesn't win.

Then if he loses Trump is going to become totally unhinged and will probably just outright call for violence, might even say civil war. What they gonna do? Jail him? Never have before have they? Trump thinks he can do anything.

The @Lone Striker post with the couple of videos is just an example of how far Trump and enablers will go to intimidate voters and election workers and overall subvert this entire electoral process. Maybe they recognise it's potentially the only way they can win, it's the only way I think they can win.  

But let's close on contemplating a Trump win, this impulsive mentally disturbed egomaniac with a chip on his shoulder already promising retribution to countless people. And who is displaying the early signs of an inherited disabling brain disease which can deteriorate rapidly. And I never even once till now mentioned his scores of criminal indictments.

Or a Biden who even if he himself fell into some sort of rapid decline we would still know rational government would carry on with rational people in the positions of power.

With the prospect of a 100% disaster like Trump heading a bunch of of crazies like MJT i'm still always baffled by who the hell would even consider that. I don't see anyone who was identical to Trump in all his misdemeanors and crime's being elected in Britain. For anything. Even running for that matter.

There's something broken about a society where something like Trump has anything much better than a snowballs chance in hell.

Ulysses

@Watt-Zeefuik, there was a lot in your post earlier today, and it seems to spend a lot of its word count dealing with the accuracy of RCP's poll tracking.  But I didn't ask you about your view of its accuracy; I asked you about your view of its bias in favour of the Republicans.

On that subject, you repeat your view, and then clearly and unambiguously say that you can't point to evidence of it.

And in that short stretch of words, you dealt with my question fully and comprehensively.  You believe RCP's poll tracker is biased, and you know others who agree with you.  But you can't point to evidence of that.

Thanks for answering the question.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

@Watt-Zeefuik, there was a lot in your post earlier today, and it seems to spend a lot of its word count dealing with the accuracy of RCP's poll tracking.  But I didn't ask you about your view of its accuracy; I asked you about your view of its bias in favour of the Republicans.

On that subject, you repeat your view, and then clearly and unambiguously say that you can't point to evidence of it.

And in that short stretch of words, you dealt with my question fully and comprehensively.  You believe RCP's poll tracker is biased, and you know others who agree with you.  But you can't point to evidence of that.

Thanks for answering the question.

You didn't see the list near the top that pointed out that its supposed bias towards Democrats is extremely irregular and not at all consistent over the last 12 years, more in line with random noise? Or the bit that the average at the moment of the election is not the point, given that we're looking at it over six months ahead?

My evidence is my personal experience watching unfriendly polls disappear from the average. This is corroborated by others. I'm not sure why that's not enough for you on a site like JKB, when I'm hardly going to have a database of polls that have been released to compare with the polls that RCP has included (which isn't in their archive AFAICT).

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It couldn't be clearer, Trump is talking about rounding up over 20 million illegal immigrants, the equivalent of rounding up the entire population of Florida. Gonna transport them in cattle trucks? He's talking about deploying the military to quell civil unrest, which would mean any form of protest at all he didn't like.

He's talking about attacking the free press and right now there are journalists making plans about what they and their family should do if Trump were elected. The likes of Ari Melber know as well as anybody that last time Trump didn't understand the levers of power, didn't know how to manipulate it and even when he tried there were rational people in place blocking his insanity.

But this time absolutely would come after the likes of Melber perhaps with the force of the DOJ behind him and he would set the Trump mob om him and his family.

This time he will have cult level trumpets heading every major department there is starting with DOJ. It's another feature of how Hitler took power, he infiltrated and replaced the courts with Nazi courts adhering to Nazi ideology.

And all that's just on the domestic front while on the international front Trump has a long standing dream of getting the US out of NATO, which by coincidence is an even longer standing dream of his idol and role model Putin.

Last time he tried that it was nixed by sane adults who unlike Trump knew this wasn't just a bad idea, this was the mother lode of bad ideas to the extent it was unthinkable. In their view and in my view that would almost certainly lead to conflict and major undesirable global realignments and eruptions.

This time trumpet yes men will be in position to press the buttons and make it happen and Trump absolutely will push it.. With Trump in the mix talking it all just looks more like the 1930's all the time. A marmalade Mussolini though I would deem both Hitler and Mussolini to be far more intelligent than Trump.

And that's what makes Trump even more dangerous in a way. Hitler and Mussolini were readers, thinkers and writers, and had an actual deeply thought out detailed ideology they were serving and believing on some level that it was beneficial and even desirable. Trump is none of these things.

Trump is simply 100% self serving, has no ideology or if he does it can change from day to day to suit his current toddler like whims. Shit like bombing Mexico which he once suggested, shit like that could actually happen when you have such an unstable individual who is also in clear cognitive decline in a position he can order trumpet yes men to do so.

Trumps father was diagnosed with  "mild senile dementia" 8 years before he died, it was Alzheimer's and obviously that's not something that ever gets better. Following the diagnosis in 1991 he declined over the next few years to the stage he didn't recognise people he had known for decades and even his own family.

Trump has the same male pattern balding his father did, and I would hazard a guess he's in the same early stages of Alzheimer's too and I bet there are people who given that family history would advise a normal person to be tested, but he's not normal. He's abnormal in countless ways and his entire future life hinges on this election.

If Trump loses this election he's going to be in court in front of Jack Smith on conspiracy to steal an election next year at latest and he will be convicted and I believe jailed or at a minimum some sort of long term confinement. I think he's still at least temporarily compos mentis enough to get brief glimpses of such a reality and will do/say anything to avoid it.

Consider a scenario, approaching the election, say Biden had a significant lead in polls and a win for Trump seemed slim to no chance. Trump would ramble the usual crap about rigged elections and biased polls. And just like he always has before he will say it's definitely rigged if he doesn't win.

Then if he loses Trump is going to become totally unhinged and will probably just outright call for violence, might even say civil war. What they gonna do? Jail him? Never have before have they? Trump thinks he can do anything.

The @Lone Striker post with the couple of videos is just an example of how far Trump and enablers will go to intimidate voters and election workers and overall subvert this entire electoral process. Maybe they recognise it's potentially the only way they can win, it's the only way I think they can win.  

But let's close on contemplating a Trump win, this impulsive mentally disturbed egomaniac with a chip on his shoulder already promising retribution to countless people. And who is displaying the early signs of an inherited disabling brain disease which can deteriorate rapidly. And I never even once till now mentioned his scores of criminal indictments.

Or a Biden who even if he himself fell into some sort of rapid decline we would still know rational government would carry on with rational people in the positions of power.

With the prospect of a 100% disaster like Trump heading a bunch of of crazies like MJT i'm still always baffled by who the hell would even consider that. I don't see anyone who was identical to Trump in all his misdemeanors and crime's being elected in Britain. For anything. Even running for that matter.

There's something broken about a society where something like Trump has anything much better than a snowballs chance in hell.

Trumpy's gonna get off lightly with all of his upcoming charges and skoosh the election with room to spare. 

How are you planning on coping with this?

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Trumpy's gonna get off lightly with all of his upcoming charges and skoosh the election with room to spare. 

How are you planning on coping with this?

Once Trump hands Ukraine to Putin, do you think Putin will wait a while and regroup before going after Moldova and the Baltic republics?  Or will Russia get stuck in quickly?

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Once Trump hands Ukraine to Putin, do you think Putin will wait a while and regroup before going after Moldova and the Baltic republics?  Or will Russia get stuck in quickly?

They'll not break stride.

Ulysses
10 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

My evidence is my personal experience watching unfriendly polls disappear from the average. 

I know.  You said.

Ulysses
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

They'll not break stride.

I think they won't in Moldova, but they might wait and let their production systems catch up a bit before moving on to the others.

Watt-Zeefuik
15 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I know.  You said.

Not sure what else you're expecting, then. You ain't a peer-reviewed journal.

il Duce McTarkin
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I think they won't in Moldova, but they might wait and let their production systems catch up a bit before moving on to the others.

They won't need to when an off-the-leash China shit-cans the current charade of 'neutrality' and indifference and ploughs arms and logistics/intelligence into the European theatre.

It's a win-win for them.

Xi Jinping vs Trump would have to go down as the greatest mismatch of intellects in history.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

They won't need to when an off-the-leash China shit-cans the current charade of 'neutrality' and indifference and ploughs arms and logistics/intelligence into the European theatre.

It's a win-win for them.

Indeed.  Xi trying to play neutral in France this week.  Chinese would prefer a Trump win, no doubt, as they would be less reluctant to show their hand.  If Biden wins they'll have to play nice for another few years, by which time the Chinese will be trying to figure out who's following Xi into the top job.

Tazio

BBC newsflash just now that Trump has had his knuckles rapped by the judge again. Warned he faces jail time for breaching the gag order. 

Ulysses
18 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Not sure what else you're expecting, then. You ain't a peer-reviewed journal.

TBH, I wasn't expecting anything. I thought you might have something concrete underpinning your opinion, but I didn't have any particular expectation one way or the other.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

TBH, I wasn't expecting anything. I thought you might have something concrete underpinning your opinion, but I didn't have any particular expectation one way or the other.

Then maybe since this is just a friendly conversation on JKB, take my word and the word of multiple award winning journos that RCP actually does this?

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Then maybe since this is just a friendly conversation on JKB, take my word and the word of multiple award winning journos that RCP actually does this?

Will it stay friendly if I say I'd rather not?  Or will you swear at me again?

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

With the public protests against eth Pro-Russian government in Georgia right now, it'll be Georgia again.
Then it'll be Moldova.

Tazio
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

They don't have the balls to jail him.

There’s also the possibility that he thinks a night inside will boost his following by making him a martyr. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Pre-existing NATO members? Putin will just go under the radar and install puppets rather than tanks, I'd imagine. They've probably got the plans already in place.

Would you trust Trump's America to honour its NATO obligation? More importantly, will the European leaders tasked with mobilising against Russia?

Apart from a token resistance, the only nation that will be full-pelt in amongst the Ivans before you can say 'who goes there?' are the Poles. 

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I genuinely believe he's in collusion with Putin.

You're probably more aware of it than he is, tbf.

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

As you say, the Poles will be like a dug aboot stovies the first time the Russkis cross the border. 

The Poles won't wait that long. 

Benny Factor
On 04/05/2024 at 02:40, JFK-1 said:

A couple of times in this video they discuss the issue of Trump blatantly lying outside the courtroom that he's not allowed to testify, obviously absurd.

Just what we expect from Trump isn't it, but according to Glenn Kirschner it doesn't need to be tolerated, he says there is a path the prosecutors and judge can take to demonstrate how untrue and ridiculous it is. They can raise the issue of him saying that and present it to the jury.

And I hope they do it, it involves Trump being invited to testify, and how sweet would it be when he shites it, full diaper, and declines. Then what will he say outside? More utter crap no doubt but it would be another crack in his insanity.

Probably something like..... "THEY'RE MAKING ME TESTIFY!!!.... ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!"

Watt-Zeefuik
13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Will it stay friendly if I say I'd rather not?  Or will you swear at me again?

I only sweared at you when you basically said I was incompetent at my own job. You do you. But the "show me the evidence!!!" act is kinda weird in a case where that's basically impossible.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I only sweared at you when you basically said I was incompetent at my own job. You do you. But the "show me the evidence!!!" act is kinda weird in a case where that's basically impossible.

Dear god.......how utterly colonial. Try swore in future. 

Ulysses
7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I only sweared at you when you basically said I was incompetent at my own job.

You do you.

I didn't ask why you swore at me.  I asked if you'd do it again.  ;)

7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

But the "show me the evidence!!!" act is kinda weird in a case where that's basically impossible.

You said something was biased. Not accidentally biased, but deliberately so.  Either that opinion can be backed up or it can't.  It's not an "act" to ask if it can. 

So, to summarise, you think RCP poll tracking is deliberately biased towards the Republicans, but getting evidence for that is basically impossible.  You'll continue to hold your opinion, and I'll continue to hold my different opinion.

That's as good a place as any to leave it.

Watt-Zeefuik
Posted (edited)

I didn't ask why you swore at me.  I asked if you'd do it again.  ;)

I'll be sure to consider your virgin ears in the future! 🙂 

You said something was biased. Not accidentally biased, but deliberately so.  Either that opinion can be backed up or it can't.  It's not an "act" to ask if it can. 

So, to summarise, you think RCP poll tracking is deliberately biased towards the Republicans, but getting evidence for that is basically impossible.  You'll continue to hold your opinion, and I'll continue to hold my different opinion.

That's as good a place as any to leave it.

I'll add that other professional journalists who run highly regarded news sites that have ended multiple political careers with their anti-corruption reporting see the same thing I do. If we can leave it at that, and not do the lectures about bias, that's fine.

6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Dear god.......how utterly colonial. Try swore in future. 

Are we really going to get fussy about regional variations in diction and conjugation on a Scottish discussion board? Braw.

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Footballfirst

Stormy in court today? Trump breaching his gag order again?